View Other Details
Take advantage of your chance to live and learn in one of the most beautiful and livable cities in the world—Sydney! Enjoy Sydney’s comfortable climate (warm summers and mild winters), world-renowned beaches (think: Bondi, Manly, and Coogee), and iconic spots around the city (the Rocks, Harbour Bridge, and the Royal Botanical Gardens).
We want you to feel at home in Sydney, so we do everything we can to help you integrate into life in the city. From housing to cultural events, our job is to make sure you have the most authentic study abroad experience possible.
Video and Photos
- You’ll have an individual IES Abroad Program Advisor to guide you before your study abroad adventure. From visa requirements to travel details, they are your #1 resource for preparing to study abroad.
- Field trips to iconic destinations like the Blue Mountains, Royal National Park, and the Great Barrier Reef round our your study abroad experience.
- Make new friends with local residents, international students, and fellow students from all over the U.S. inside and outside of the classroom during orientation, activities, & excursions!
- We offer well-located, comfortable housing for all students because securing housing independently can be challenging.
- From health insurance included in your program fees, to a worldwide crisis management team, we work 24/7 to keep you safe, healthy, and happy abroad.
Macquarie University offers a wide variety of programs with special strengths in Business & Commerce, the Sciences, and Social Psychology. Founded in 1967, Macquarie takes pride in its commitment to innovation, hands-on learning, and global leadership. Its student body—with more than 30,000 students, including almost 9,000 international students—is one of the most diverse in Australia, and internationalization is a core component of the University’s mission.
With about 14,000 international students from 120+ countries enrolled per year, it’s easy to see how the University of New South Wales (UNSW) is historically committed to internationalism. You have access to an impressive range of academic options across many disciplines, as well as internship opportunities. Close to downtown Sydney, UNSW’s proximity to the beach connects you with the famous laid-back Aussie lifestyle.
By directly enrolling in the University of Sydney, you have the opportunity to study at a university that is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the world. Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is Australia’s oldest university and one of the original members of the prestigious Sandstones (similar to the United States’ Ivy League). The energetic, diverse campus enrolls more than 50,000 students including 12,500 international students.
With engaging courses, field study opportunities, and organized cultural events, you won’t have a dull moment in Sydney this summer. Fulfill a graduation requirement or try out a new discipline—whichever you choose, you’ll learn more about Australia, and yourself, than you ever could at home. In addition to your courses, take an optional trip to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. A four-day field study trip to Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock) is included in your program fee.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why IES Abroad offers more than $6 million in scholarships and aid. IES Abroad offers a number of diversity scholarships and grants to provide opportunities for traditionally underrepresented communities in study abroad.