CAPA London: Study & Intern Abroad

A perfect view of London from the famous London Eye!
A perfect view of London from the famous London Eye!
London Tower Bridge
London Tower Bridge
Harrod's
Harrod's
Camden Town
Camden Town
This is the kitchen in my flat. The laundry is located in the kitchen in almost all flats of London. There are also no dryers, just washers.
Big Ben
here are some pictures from the Great Wall, and old water town, a temple, Yellow Mountain, the Bund and Shanghai Tower (the 2nd tallest building in the world)

With more than 270 nationalities living in London and more than 300 languages spoken, it is a truly diverse, multicultural city where influences from across the globe are woven throughout almost every aspect of life. London is a hub of innovation with a thriving arts scene, emerging fashion designers and an entrepreneurial tech crowd to rival that of Silicon Valley. It’s also a city steeped in history with evidence of events and life from centuries past.

The CAPA London program is in our own center, inside two connected Victorian townhouses, located in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. We are also pleased to offer online study abroad programs and remote global internships. Challenge yourself and go abroad (or online) with us. We have a good feeling that you’ll find a second home and an experience you’ll never forget.

NEW: Fall Flexible Choice Study Abroad & Internship Program

Customize your study abroad experience with fully flexible online and in-country study abroad and internship programs. Choose your adventure and go beyond this fall with our fully flexible global experiences in Florence, London, and Sydney!

CAPA Scholarships
CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Each year, we award $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships, grants and affiliate benefits!

$500 - $5,000

The course cost will depend on the program duration and term, along with your home institution and their payment policies. An online application is required for all programs, but the rest of the application materials will vary depending on what institution you currently attend.

CAPA offers part-time and full-time internship opportunities across our global city locations in conjunction with our undergraduate, academic summer and semester study abroad programs. There are a variety of different placement opportunities available, many of which do line up with the interests of students who are studying English language and literature degrees. We ask students to stipulate...

Joshua

My Experience

Being a 21 year old senior in college I needed a study abroad experience to meet graduation requirements. I was so excited for the opportunity to study and thankfully cam across CAPA. I was introduced to the program through a few friends who had already been apart of it and heard nothing but great things. My time abroad was everything I could have imagined and more. It was so much fun being able to live in a new city and new culture and experience a whole different world. I really enjoyed making new friends and being able to experience new things with these people. The best part of my experience was being able to travel all across Europe for a great price. Overall I think CAPA provides the best opportunity for those looking to get the most out of their experience

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing that I ate while abroad was snail and rabbit. Haha I was able to try these delicious delicacies while in Paris and Belgium.
Dominique

CAPA Study Abroad in London

This was my first experience in Europe and I couldn't have asked for anything better. CAPA organized numerous excursions for us and set up our housing in a cozy hostel. My favorite part about the trip was the walking tour around Shoreditch. It was beautiful and we were able to learn the area's history through a personal tour guide. Additionally, all of the staff member were jut a phone call away if we ever needed anything which made me feel safe and comfortable when getting acquainted to a brand new country.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
It may not seem too unfamiliar but I had a cucumber sandwich! We went to a traditional British tea where they served us sweets and sandwiches.
Joshua

Fall 2019 Study Abroad

The CAPA program is overall a great program to participate in. CAPA definitely helps you adjust to the new city and environment by supplying so many things to do and giving advice about nearly any topic. Academically the professors are very smart and super easy to work with. I love the trips that I got to take and overall has a great time. I think the biggest thing when choosing CAPA is to really get outside your comfort zone. If you do not try to adjust and be cooperative you will not have a good time. CAPA was a great program and I would highly recommend it.

The only thing I would approve is the housing. Not everyone was given a nice place to live.
Anna

Incredible Place and Program To Study

My program at CAPA was overall a success in that all my courses were tailored to my interests and the internship placement was ideal for my career path. The success of the internships varied drastically depending on the person and the company they were paired with, but the CAPA Internships team was generally pretty good about contacting companies if there were any issues. I lived in Camden and housing for me was incredible. The apartment was very modern and the cleaning service that was provided once a week was so helpful. I do wish they had more provided kitchenware and storage, and unfortunately my bedroom had three girls in it, but it wasn't an issue. The excursions and added benefits were nice and there were lots of resources for students. I went on field studies all around the theatre scene in London, including tickets to Mamma Mia, The Woman in Black, The Taming of The Shrew, and a backstage tour at The National.

I would like the housing coordinators to tell students not only check in times but also check out times for the apartments. It was really inconvenient to be forced to leave by 10am on departure day and having a 5pm flight because I wasn't told when we'd be expected to leave on the last day of the program when booking flights.
Kelsey

Best time of my life!

Being able to study, work and live in a foreign country was the best decision I've ever made. While I was in London, I took two classes (International Marketing and a class regarding internships) and interned in Human Resources at the Marriott Hotel in Canary Wharf. This internship has by far been my favorite work experience in the sense that the work environment was great and I learned a lot about HR that I didn't know before, developing a new found passion for the field. A few resources that CAPA provided were housing situations that were within a close proximity to the whole city and unlimited use Oyster cards for the duration of the program, making it very easy to travel around the city. Not only did I gain personal and professional skills needed to live in a different country, but I acquired frienships and memories that I'll never forget.

Make sure to set aside enough time for schoolwork but also for traveling and other fun activities. Going to Europe may be a once in a lifetime opportunity so definitely take advantage of the close proximity of other countries. That being said, make sure all assignments are done on time so you don't have to worry about them when you're out and about.
Jackie

Had a great time in London with CAPA!

I went abroad with CAPA on a 6-week summer trip to London. I had a part-time internship in digital marketing and took two classes, a history class about London as a global city and a professional development class. Overall, I had a great experience! We lived in a nice flat in Camden and had a reasonable commute by Tube or bus to class and work. The CAPA staff was great with offering any support needed, whether it be with finding a good internship or helping you plan a fun weekend trip. They planned some great events, like a trip to Wimbledon and a royal bike tour. London was a great place to be in the summer. There were plenty of great things to do around the city - and many of them were cost effective or free! I enjoyed all of the food markets and just walking around the beautiful parks on the weekend. Completing an internship abroad was something I wanted to do and am glad I chose to go with CAPA!

Mimi

London Stole My Heart

My experience in London was absolutely incredible! This is a joint trip with the University of Missouri School of Journalism, so it was great to have support through my school and through CAPA. Our class with CAPA was amazing, and our professor brought us all over London. The fact that our class was so involved in learning about the different parts of London made the program that much better. We were out and about in London and Richard, our professor, had such an extensive knowledge about London that it made me much more comfortable to explore the city. We lived in Camden, which was housing provided by CAPA and we all loved it. It was super edgy and fun and was full of cool food markets and shopping. Also, CAPA was instrumental in connecting me with my internship, and it was the best internship I could have asked for.

I had a great experience with CAPA! I can't think of anything that needed to be improved within my program.
April

Summer 2019 in London

The experience that CAPA provided me was a once in a life time opportunity. It really helped me grow as a student, a professional, and a culturally aware member of society. It pushed me completely out of my comfort zone and forced me to gain skills and confidence. Having an internship with a company in another country allowed me to widen my perspective and work with people from all over the world. I never thought I would get to work with people from Ireland, Britain, Russia and Mexico all in the same office, but CAPA gave me that chance. There were times where I felt CAPA was a little unorganized and had a communication disconnect between them and my company. Despite that, I got so much out of this experience and would do it all over again.

I think CAPA could improve with their communication. Before I left for London there were days where I had no idea what I needed to get done before leaving. This included things like how to get a Visa or what airport to book my flight into. I ended up getting a lot of help from CAPA representatives, but I felt like they could have made the process smoother for us students.