CAPA London: Study & Intern Abroad

With more than 270 nationalities living in London and more than 300 languages spoken, it is a truly diverse, multicultural city where influences from across the globe are woven throughout almost every aspect of life. London is a hub of innovation with a thriving arts scene, emerging fashion designers and an entrepreneurial tech crowd to rival that of Silicon Valley. It’s also a city steeped in history with evidence of events and life from centuries past.

The CAPA London program is in our own center, inside two connected Victorian townhouses, located in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. We are also pleased to offer online study abroad programs and remote global internships. Challenge yourself and go abroad (or online) with us. We have a good feeling that you’ll find a second home and an experience you’ll never forget.

Plan now for when you can travel abroad again! 2021 Programs now available

CAPA is here for you when you're ready to start planning your study and intern abroad adventure. Get started today!

CAPA Scholarships
CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Each year, we award $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships, grants and affiliate benefits!

$500 - $5,000

The course cost will depend on the program duration and term, along with your home institution and their payment policies. An online application is required for all programs, but the rest of the application materials will vary depending on what institution you currently attend.

CAPA offers part-time and full-time internship opportunities across our global city locations in conjunction with our undergraduate, academic summer and semester study abroad programs. There are a variety of different placement opportunities available, many of which do line up with the interests of students who are studying English language and literature degrees. We ask students to stipulate...

Nicole

Best Time of my Life

Studying and interning abroad in London through CAPA was one of the best choices I've made. I met amazing people both at my internship site and the people I shared a flat with, expanding my network internationally. I learned so much about myself professionally, academically, emotionally, and socially, and am so happy to have the experience I did. Even though my program was cut a month short due to the pandemic and increasing threat levels, CAPA made sure everyone got home safely and in a timely manner.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Haggis! When I went to Scotland with my best friend on our spring break.
Olivia

Everything you need to study abroad

Very appreciative my semester with CAPA. I studied abroad in London in spring 2019 and it was extremely helpful to have my housing, transportation, courses, and internship sorted out before arriving. They were able to fulfill my roommate request, so I was fortunate enough to live with my best friend in West Kensington. While it wasn't the biggest flat, the two of us lived very comfortably and even had a weekly cleaning service. It was a safe and convenient location in central London, plus the CAPA emergency/safety app helped me feel more at ease. The CAPA staff in London were available on site to offer assistance with classes and internships, important resources such as how to set up our phone plans, and recommendations of their favorite places. We also had the opportunity to go on some tours and excursions - most memorable were my trips to Oxford and Stonehenge & Bath. My courses and (guaranteed!) internship were aligned with my academic and professional goals. The one downside to the program is that my classmates were all American students. However, I ended up creating friendships with other Pitt students on my program and was able to maintain them once we were home.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
For me, the most nerve-racking moment was starting my international internship and attending my internship site's annual conference. Luckily, the internship was guaranteed, but I still had an interview with my internship site to make sure I was a good fit and knew what to expect. I overcame this challenge by keeping an open mind and willingness to learn. My bosses understood that I might not have experience with every task, and were appreciative that I tried my best and asked questions. By the end of my internship, I really felt like part of the team and was even offering guidance to interns who started after me. I gained not only practical marketing experience, but also cultural intelligence as I regularly interacted with coworkers from England, Ireland, Italy, Russia, and Germany. The CAPA internship course helped me to set goals along the way and learn how to incorporate this experience in my resume and interviews.
Samantha

My Experience With CAPA

I had an amazing experience with CAPA. Before the program started, I had never left the country, so CAPA helped make the transition from the US to London go smoothly. The staff were always friendly and were able to connect with the students. While abroad, CAPA was able to help me get connected with an internship, where I learned a lot and felt like I grew as a person. Also, as a student with a learning disability, CAPA was able to give me accommodations to help me thrive during my time in London and helped me be successful in the classroom. There were also many fun excursions that the program provided that helped me learn more about the UK. For example, we were able to visit the Stonehenge and Oxford, among others. All in all, CAPA helped me feel confident in living, not only a new city, but a new country, where I have made many good memories.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment for me was having to live in an apartment in an unfamiliar country. Besides living in a residents hall at my home university, this was the first time I lived in an apartment and away from my parents. Knowing that I had to rely on myself was daunting. However, I was able to become adjusted to it and I enjoyed cooking my own food and being able to come and go as I please. In the long run, it made me feel confident and made me a more independent person. Staying positive definitely helped me overcome this because it kept me from thinking about my nerves. Making new friends helped too, because they kept me company and made this trip feel more exciting.
Mikayla

Study Abroad is a Life-Changing Experience!

I have always wanted to travel. Ever since I was a little girl and One Direction was constantly playing in my earbuds, I couldn't stop thinking about traveling to Europe. Plus, I love love love anything to do with art and history. Being from the US, things aren't very old here. But in Europe, things are older than I've ever imagined they could be. I was amazed at how much history there was simply just walking down the street. I remember dreaming in my history and art classes about how much I wanted to actually see and look at the things that they were telling me about; and I actually got to. It was a dream come true. One thing you should know is that this is going to be so much different than anything you’ve ever done before. Plus, know that everything is super fluid, and things may change! I wish I would’ve known that going in. I definitely didn’t expect a global pandemic to happen, but when things changed like how they did, I wish I would’ve been more prepared! Also, you are going to experience A LOT of independence. A lot more than normal… your parents, friends, and family are across the ocean, and you are totally alone over here! But, know that you’re actually not alone, because you’ll be making amazing friends really soon, plus, CAPA staff is always there for you too!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The worldwide pandemic definitely was scary. You have to go with the flow, trust in yourself, and learn to forgive the world! It's so frustrating to have things change on you but know that things are always changing and things will be okay in the end.
Joshua

My Experience

Being a 21 year old senior in college I needed a study abroad experience to meet graduation requirements. I was so excited for the opportunity to study and thankfully cam across CAPA. I was introduced to the program through a few friends who had already been apart of it and heard nothing but great things. My time abroad was everything I could have imagined and more. It was so much fun being able to live in a new city and new culture and experience a whole different world. I really enjoyed making new friends and being able to experience new things with these people. The best part of my experience was being able to travel all across Europe for a great price. Overall I think CAPA provides the best opportunity for those looking to get the most out of their experience

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing that I ate while abroad was snail and rabbit. Haha I was able to try these delicious delicacies while in Paris and Belgium.
Dominique

CAPA Study Abroad in London

This was my first experience in Europe and I couldn't have asked for anything better. CAPA organized numerous excursions for us and set up our housing in a cozy hostel. My favorite part about the trip was the walking tour around Shoreditch. It was beautiful and we were able to learn the area's history through a personal tour guide. Additionally, all of the staff member were jut a phone call away if we ever needed anything which made me feel safe and comfortable when getting acquainted to a brand new country.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
It may not seem too unfamiliar but I had a cucumber sandwich! We went to a traditional British tea where they served us sweets and sandwiches.
Joshua

Fall 2019 Study Abroad

The CAPA program is overall a great program to participate in. CAPA definitely helps you adjust to the new city and environment by supplying so many things to do and giving advice about nearly any topic. Academically the professors are very smart and super easy to work with. I love the trips that I got to take and overall has a great time. I think the biggest thing when choosing CAPA is to really get outside your comfort zone. If you do not try to adjust and be cooperative you will not have a good time. CAPA was a great program and I would highly recommend it.

The only thing I would approve is the housing. Not everyone was given a nice place to live.
Anna

Incredible Place and Program To Study

My program at CAPA was overall a success in that all my courses were tailored to my interests and the internship placement was ideal for my career path. The success of the internships varied drastically depending on the person and the company they were paired with, but the CAPA Internships team was generally pretty good about contacting companies if there were any issues. I lived in Camden and housing for me was incredible. The apartment was very modern and the cleaning service that was provided once a week was so helpful. I do wish they had more provided kitchenware and storage, and unfortunately my bedroom had three girls in it, but it wasn't an issue. The excursions and added benefits were nice and there were lots of resources for students. I went on field studies all around the theatre scene in London, including tickets to Mamma Mia, The Woman in Black, The Taming of The Shrew, and a backstage tour at The National.

I would like the housing coordinators to tell students not only check in times but also check out times for the apartments. It was really inconvenient to be forced to leave by 10am on departure day and having a 5pm flight because I wasn't told when we'd be expected to leave on the last day of the program when booking flights.