Study Abroad at University of Bristol

Queens Square
Queens Square
University of Bristol Victoria Rooms
University of Bristol Victoria Rooms
The Bristol Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information University of Bristol
The HH Wills Memorial Building University of Bristol
The HH Wills Memorial Building University of Bristol

Join us for a year or semester at the University of Bristol, one of the UK's most popular and successful universities, consistently placed in the top 10 in the country by QS. Students fall in love with Bristol - small enough to remain friendly but large enough to offer lots of interest and excitement. With our central location, outstanding facilities and active Students' Union, at Bristol you can enjoy the best of student life.

Our Study Abroad program allows students taking an undergraduate degree elsewhere to spend a year or a semester at the University of Bristol. You will study in a research-rich environment that will challenge you and learn from some of the best scholars in the world. Make the most of your time here by creating a program that works for you; you can either customize your experience by selecting units from across our departments, or immerse yourself in a subject by choosing units in one specific area.

• Whether you’re looking for a city centre experience or a quiet part of town, we’ll help you find a place to live
  • We provide an education of the highest quality that will challenge and stimulate, equipping you to become an independent learner and future leader
  • Whatever your level and whatever your sport, you'll find plenty of opportunities to be active.
  • We have a dedicated Global Opportunities team to support our Study Abroad students in all aspects of university life
  • You are encouraged to create a bespoke programme to suit your academic needs and interests and can cross-register across our faculties

Ayn

Best university!

The University of Bristol is one of the most amazing universities. I had the privilege of studying abroad there for a year and was continuously surprised at its constant support and guidance for its students. Housing was wonderful, as you get to choose your preferences, choosing classes was also a great experience. Being able to decide which courses to take makes your time at the university that much more special. I met some amazing people and developed close relationships with many of my professors. As a Sociology major, I took the majority of my courses in that subject. I was ecstatic with the material I learned and the topics that were covered. There is a lot of freedom in choosing what interests you, which is something I appreciated. I wish there was a way to stay longer!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking thing was transitioning to a different university, but also not knowing your flat mates! However, everyone at the university was amazingly helpful and I lucked out with some forever friends who were my flat mates!