SAI Programs:: Study Abroad at University of the Arts London

SAI Programs:: Study Abroad at University of the Arts London

Interested in art and design? SAI offers a unique study abroad program at the University of the Arts London (UAL), the largest university in Europe for art, design, communication, and performing arts.

London is a quintessentially cosmopolitan city, bringing together people, arts and ideas from around the world. This is one of the reasons why studying in London is so fulfilling. Along with easy access to other parts of Europe, London boasts a proud history of cultural and technological exploration.

At UAL, SAI oversees and coordinates all aspects of students' enrollment including application processing, course selection and credit, housing, student health insurance and transcripts. SAI provides comprehensive student services, beginning with pre-departure and leading to our on-site orientation and advising in London.

Europe » England » London

Nicole
St. Peters
Stephens College

The BEST Experience

There are not enough positive things that I can say about SAI! They made the entire process so simple. Before we departed, they assisted us every step of the way. They picked us up from the airport when we arrived and showed us to all of the train stations near our flat. Throughout the entire experience, they were there for us. We received weekly newsletters with things happening in the city, which kept us involved and really immersed us in the culture. I really enjoyed the excursions that SAI took us on as well, because we did things that I may not have had the chance to do otherwise. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I want to do it 1,000 times over.

Kelsey
Springfield, MO
Missouri State University

Study with SAI

I studied at London College of Fashion with SAI and gained educational experience as well as real-world experience I never would have any where else. SAI housing was in the best part of London, near shops, restaurants, and markets. SAI gave me a unique experience that other programs wouldn't have. We had travel opportunities around England as well as around the European continent, not only with SAI but also with London College of Fashion. LCF provided excellent education and I was able to take classes my home university doesn't offer. We attended London Fashion Week and traveled to Paris, during Paris Fashion Week as well. Excellent tutors and excellent classes! Take advantage of education and travel while in London.

Anissa
New York, USA

Great experience

Great experience! Studying at Central Saint Martins was vey inspiring and I met a lot of very creative people. SAI did a lot to help me make the most out of my time here: go to the museums, visit markets, go to plays...

Kenzi
Wisconsin
University of the Arts London

An Experience of a Lifetime

My experience in London at the University of the Arts was amazing and something I'll truly take with me in everything I do! I studied at the London College of Fashion, more specifically, and found the academic program there very stimulating and engaging. The SAI staff was very friendly and welcoming, and they made me feel like I had some people looking out for me (almost like parents) while I was in London. I absolutely loved the planned SAI trips that are scheduled throughout the term - they helped bring the group together and ensured that we got to see some of the major attractions in London. Overall, SAI made the entire process of studying abroad simpler and smoother, through arranging the apartments and cell phones to orientating us throughout the term. I would definitely recommend this program, at least definitely for the London College of Fashion. I experienced so many things in London I never thought I would, and I learned so much about myself through my experiences!

mmsmith4
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
University of Alabama- Birmingham

A Change of Heart in London with SAI

On January 5th, 2011, I landed in London, England for what was described to be a three-month-long study experience. What they failed to tell me was that it would change my life forever. Because I had never traveled out of the country before, my parents were a little nervous when I asked them my Freshman year of college if I could study abroad for a semester during my Junior year. Yes, they were nervous because of my safety, but they were also uneasy because of how costly certain programs can be. My dad had just lost his job, and though it was very possible that he would have a new job by the time I wanted to venture abroad, nothing was positive. Ergo, they told me that if I really wanted to make the journey, then I would have to pay for the entire trip on my own.

I have learned that if I truly want something, then I have to work my hardest in order to receive it; things will not simply be handed to me like they are for many of my friends. Let me say that after summers and semesters of working full time, interning, and taking classes to accomplish my goal and then spending three months in London, I truly believe that anything is possible. If a person really wants something, then he or she is capable of receiving it. If he or she does actually achieve that goal, then it will never be taken granted for. This type of lifestyle helps individuals decide between things they really want and those which are only desired for a short time. When people are able to find what they are passionate about, then nothing will be able to stand in their path.

My experience with SAI attending the University of the Arts in London was absolutely life-changing. Studying Photography in one of the most historical and magical cities in the entire world really has an effect on a person. I was able to really figure out who I was as a person and what it is I am passionate about in life. The excursions, such as outings to Borough Market and Jack the Ripper tours at night, were a great way to meet friends whom I am still very close to and who have impacted me in an astounding way. When I went to London in early January, I set foot out of the country for the first time. My dream which I had saved up for finally came true after two years. When I traveled back to the United States mid-April, I arrived as a new person. I had evolved from never having been out of the country to having traveled to fourteen cities in seven different countries.

People always ask me if I changed during my trip. I always respond that I simply grew up. Sure, I do feel different in the sense that I made friends with so many unique people from different cultures and roamed unknown lands for three months. However, the biggest change was within myself as an individual. I am not saying that the “inner-Melissa” has changed; I simply mean that I found that internal person whom I had been trying to find for years. My personality has not changed; I am still all here. I merely matured a lot during my journey and was finally able to decide exactly what I want in the world and who I desire to be.

It was a complete epiphany to realize that there is so much in this world to explore when I had never stepped foot out of this one country until January. I remember walking across Abbey Road with my friend exclaiming, “I cannot believe I’ve been missing out on this for all of these years!” I came back to America with so many more goals that I wish to achieve. The interesting part is that every single one of my new ideas for after I graduate in May is extreme. They involve organizations in many different areas in the world.

My main goal after I graduate is to return to London in the near future in order to live in the city that once made me so alive. Well, I have my new dream and am very determined to make it happen. I have hope for the future; it’s like I said, I have a life to start living, and my trip with SAI was the cause of this new epiphany.

Frazer
San Francisco

Mind the Gap; Don't Stay in Your Flat

From deciding on the London program until arriving home, SAI Programs provided me with a full service agency of support making my learning experience the number one priority.

I never had to worry about the minutia of studying abroad, which made the cultural experience so much more tangible and memorable. Having been so well prepared by SAI before I left, transitioning into the new culture, school, and living quarters seemed like second nature. I knew the situation I was getting myself into and subsequently had no regrets once I left.

With headquarters located just north of San Francisco, SAI Programs was founded in 1995 to serve as the US admissions office for an Italian art institute in Florence. Since that time, SAI has expanded into a full-service international education organization, working with partner schools throughout