Syracuse University London Center

Syracuse University London Center

London's cultural, social, and ethnic diversity is unlike anywhere else on Earth, and whether you're a budding designer, architect, actor, or simply a student of the world, the experienced staff and faculty of Faraday House are ready to help you get the most out of your semester in London. By the time you return to the U.S., you will not only have augmented your understanding of other nations, cultures, and historical and artistic traditions, but you will also have seen America from the outside, though others' eyes. The SU London center is in Bloomsbury, the heart of academic London. The SU London program features specialized programs in architecture, design, drama, and music industry. Course clusters are also offered in international business/management and sports management.

Internships are also available in a variety of fields for 3 credits. Students must be enrolled in the semester program in order to take part in an internship.

Art History
Women's Studies
Statement of Purpose
Letters of Recommendation
Visa Requirement
See Syracuse Abroad website for exact costs. The program fee includes pre-departure meetings, orientation abroad, housing allowance, cultural activities, field trips open to all students, International Student I.D. card, and activities and services not covered by tuition for which a separate fee is not charged. Meals are not included.

Opportunities to experience the city like local

There are so many amazing aspects of this program, but I think for me one of the most important parts was the independence that it provides. You are given the chance to find your own housing in London, with roommates and a landlord that you pick yourself. As stressful as it was at the time, it was an amazing way to experience life not just as an abroad student, but as a Londoner. Since it is easy to schedule classes for only three or four days a week, there is a lot of time to explore the city on your own or travel to other countries. The program has an AMAZING staff who is always there to help you with anything you need, but is not going to tell you what to do if you're not looking for that. There are tons of opportunities for free field trips, interesting classes and more that really enhanced my experience.

Some of the housing options are pretty shabby for the price that you're paying. We really didn't know what we were getting into when we signed our lease, but because of the limited time we did it anyways. A little more info on the properties/landlords would be nice.

SU London Fall 2014 Internship /w Substance Global Digital Media

It's a little cliche ranking 10 for each aspect of my internship experience, but I truly had an amazing time interning here. Being an intern at such an welcoming, friendly and savvy company made the entire transition here so much easier (not that it was hard in the first place). But beyond that, I was able to peek into the British culture in a way I couldn't otherwise. I met people of all ages, from various backgrounds within the complex London ecosystem, and it attuned me to how different and unique each sect of this population truly is. Additionally, I formed new connections with people overseas who I'd be able to reach out to down the road. I also learned a lot about the world of digital media and digital advertising, and gained skills that I know will help me down the line as I progress through my advertising major back at Syracuse. I'm so happy I decided to intern abroad - it was such an enriching experience!

I would want the program find a way to further integrate the British population into the abroad experience - such as running a pub crawl, so students can get a chance to observe how British citizens live and interact and also meet people in a friendly social setting.

About Syracuse University

Syracuse University Abroad consistently ranks among the highest-quality international study programs in the country. You’ll prepare for the world in the world with internships, field seminars, language at all levels, homestays, and community service...