View Other Details
-3 ECTS or 1.5 US academic credits transferable from Reykjavik University’s School of Science and Engineering
-Exclusive access and private tours to world-leading hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuel facilities
-Icelandic adventure excursions (super jeeping, glacier walks, caving, glacier snorkeling, hot springs, Golden Circle tour, and more!)
-All breakfasts, lunches, dinners with local cuisine (We accommodate vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dietary preferences/restrictions)
-All in-country accommodations and transportation
-Flight, travel medical insurance, and discretionary spending not included in the program fee
As one of the greenest countries on our planet, Iceland produces effectively 100% of its electricity & more than 70% of its total energy consumption from renewable energy sources. Participants gain private access to Iceland's renewable energy facilities such as a hydro power plant, a geothermal power plant, and a bio-fuel location. Participants also partake in sightseeing and bucket-list adventures, such as glacier hiking, swimming in hot springs, waterfall explorations and visiting a 3,000 year old volcano crater!
Our program in Iceland is an intensive, 8 day program focused on Renewable Energy and Sustainability, in partnership with Iceland School of Energy at Reykjavik University. Participants will learn about how the country is utilizing innovative geothermal energy and hydro power technologies and putting these to work in the circular economy, food production, carbon sequestration and capture, and renewable fuel production.
- Exclusive access and private tours to Iceland's leading hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuel facilities
- Icelandic adventure excursions (super jeeping, glacier walks, caving, glacier snorkeling, hot springs, Golden Circle tour, and more!)
- Gain a comprehensive understanding along with a personal familiarity of the science and technology behind renewable energy systems: hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuels.
- Excel within a network of like-minded participants who aspire to work and innovate in the field of renewable energy and sustainability
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and networking skills through adventure excursions and exposure to professional industry relationships.