As one of the greenest countries on our planet, Iceland produces effectively 100% of its electricity and more than 70% of its total energy consumption from renewable energy sources. By combining exclusive access into the cutting-edge renewable energy facilities and substantial contact time with leading academic and industrial experts in the field, Iceland is the premier location for a truly hands-on educational experience and a professional launch pad into the fields of renewable energy and sustainability.
In partnership with Reykjavik University's Iceland School of Energy graduate study program, this program will also explore how Iceland is becoming a leader in renewable energy innovation. Participants will learn about how the country is utilizing innovative geothermal energy and hydro power technologies and putting these to work in the circular economy, food production, carbon sequestration and capture, and renewable fuel production.
- Exclusive access and private tours to Iceland's leading hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuel facilities
- Icelandic adventure excursions (super jeeping, glacier walks, caving, glacier snorkeling, hot springs, Golden Circle tour, and more!)
- Gain a comprehensive understanding along with a personal familiarity of the science and technology behind renewable energy systems: hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuels.
- Excel within a network of like-minded participants who aspire to work and innovate in the field of renewable energy and sustainability
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and networking skills through adventure excursions and exposure to professional industry relationships.