As one of the greenest countries on our planet, Iceland produces effectively 100% of its electricity & more than 70% of its total energy consumption from renewable energy sources. Participants gain private access to Iceland's renewable energy facilities such as a hydro power plant, a geothermal power plant, and a bio-fuel location. Participants also partake in sightseeing and bucket-list adventures, such as glacier hiking, swimming in hot springs, waterfall explorations and visiting a 3,000 year old volcano crater!
Our program in Iceland is an intensive, 8 day program focused on Renewable Energy and Sustainability, in partnership with Iceland School of Energy at Reykjavik University. Participants will learn about how the country is utilizing innovative geothermal energy and hydro power technologies and putting these to work in the circular economy, food production, carbon sequestration and capture, and renewable fuel production.
- Exclusive access and private tours to Iceland's leading hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuel facilities
- Icelandic adventure excursions (super jeeping, glacier walks, caving, glacier snorkeling, hot springs, Golden Circle tour, and more!)
- Gain a comprehensive understanding along with a personal familiarity of the science and technology behind renewable energy systems: hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuels.
- Excel within a network of like-minded participants who aspire to work and innovate in the field of renewable energy and sustainability
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and networking skills through adventure excursions and exposure to professional industry relationships.
*NEW* Program Dates Opened for 2022!
Unpacking clean energy innovations before packing your bags! Complete the online course at our own pace taught by our international faculty from Iceland School of Energy, who are industry professionals in renewable energy and sustainable development. Then travel to Iceland and bring your classes to life. Gain unparalleled access into Iceland's leading hydroelectric, geothermal, and bio-fuel facilities. The "travel later" experience promises the same activities (and more!) as a standard program.
Attend online lectures taught by faculty and industry experts at Iceland School of Energy focused on the topics of sustainable entrepreneurship & policy, geology, geothermal energy, hydroelectric power, and electric power systems. Develop an understanding of various renewable energy technologies, its challenges and innovations in Iceland & how it relates to global perspectives in the industry. Receive an official academic transcript upon completion.