API Study Abroad Program at the University College Cork

API Study Abroad Program at the University College Cork

API students in the Cork programs join more than 14,000 students from Ireland and 75 countries worldwide studying at the University College Cork. The university opened its doors in 1849 and in 1979 became a constituent of the National University of Ireland system. The heart of the campus is a stone-faced quadrangle surrounded by historical buildings as well as newer additions to the campus facilities. The attractive campus is located close to the city center for easy access to all areas of the city.

Europe » Ireland » Cork

Christine
Burlington, VT
Saint Michael's College

Croi Alainn

"Croi alainn" in Irish means: a beautiful heart. This place gave me such a new perspective on the world, and along with it, a beautiful heart. This program allowed me to see and receive all of this and more. It was an adventure of a lifetime, from all the trips we went on to the day to day support given by the group of friends I met while over there. I learned so many things about myself and about the world around me. I have made memories that are irreplaceable. Even the simple walk to class was a memory in itself. It is something to walk alongside the River Lee and climb a hill to see the buildings of Cork all around you and the green hills in the distance. Every time I escalated to the music building of the University I can hear those hills calling, even when it was pouring rain. I can still hear them now, and I can't wait to go back to the place my heart calls home.

It would be great to be more integrated into the Irish student life. Even though I have made some great friends from around the world, it would be great to get more into the culture.

myheartbeatsirish
Corvallis, OR
University College Cork

API Rocks!

I enjoyed the API program very much. It was worth every penny. I loved the structured excursions - it helped me get out and travel without the worry or hassle of figuring everything out. I needed a program with a person there in case I needed anything or had an emergency. My program director was so nice and always willing to meet me for coffee or to discuss classes and give recommendations on ways to get where I wanted to go. The school was beautiful and I got to take classes with Irish students! It was great. I can't wait to go back.

I wish it hadn't been so expensive but I understand why it is.

API Peep
Boulder, Colorado
University of Colorado- Boulder

API Cork

The API Cork program was absolutely incredible. The excursions were great, and the program director was the best. I couldn't have asked for a better experience in Ireland. One of the best things about studying at UCC was that you have a month off in April to study for finals, which we all used to travel. This opportunity to travel was incredible! I would highly recommend API Cork to anyone who is interested in studying abroad in Ireland.

The mission of API is to transform lives by providing enriching academic and cross-cultural experiences that foster increased self-knowledge, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the global nature of our contemporary world.

*The former API Cultural Embrace and Aspire by API listings are now merged under