View Other Details
-All breakfasts, lunches, dinners with local cuisine (We accommodate vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dietary preferences/restrictions).
-All in-country accommodations and transportation
- All adventure excursions
- All accommodations
- All meals
- Lectures, academic credit
- Exclusive facility access to Japan's nuclear and renewable energy industry
-Flight, travel insurance, and discretionary spending not included in the program fee.
The province of Fukushima has pledged to be sourced by 100% renewable sources by 2040. Today, Fukushima is making strides toward accomplishing this renewable future through solar and off-shore wind initiatives. With a government that remains pro-nuclear, Fukushima's Climate and Energy Department of the World Future Council hopes to set an example for other regions in Japan to follow. Join The Green Program as we explore the origins of this historic nuclear disaster and discover Fukushima’s newest frontiers as they take on a renewable energy future.
- Gain exclusive access and lectures from Fukushima's Renewable Energy Agency
- Tour Japan's Atomic Energy Agency and discuss steps towards decommissioning
- Gain first-hand tour access to the Fukushima Daiichi or Daiini Nuclear Power plants
- Explore Japan's unique culture through the cherry blossom season, tea ceremony, calligraphy, and more
- Adventure to the Japanese Alps and explore Japan's beautiful nature