Semester in Thailand at Mahidol University

During your Semester in Thailand, you’ll live in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, gateway to South-East Asia, and a top travel destination, conveniently located near some of Thailand’s most beautiful islands and mountains perfect for weekend getaways. Studying in Bangkok, at Mahidol University, is a unique opportunity to combine a rigorous academic program in a quality university to living in one of the most exciting cities in the world.

Study Abroad with NEXSTEP

- Experiential Learning leader in Asia with more than a decade of experience
- High Programming Value
- Unmatched level of pastoral care in Thailand
- Transformative NEXSTEP Activities
- Health and Safety Track-record
- 20:1 Student/Coordinator Ratio

• Historical and Cultural Immersion.
  • Personal and Professional Development.
  • Multiple activities and excursions.
  • 4 day orientation tour package.
  • Local offices and on site staff 24/7 support.

Jak

You wont regret ir

Greatest experience of my college career, you wont regret it. This was my first time overseas and not gonna lie I was pretty scared when my plane landed at the airport. Id seen photos and videos about Thailand but I had no idea what it was like. However,​ the Nexstep staff really made Thailand feel like home. After just ome week they gave me the confidence to explore Bangkok alone unaided. One month later I successfully explored Myanmar unaided and made more than 1 dozen friends there. Many fantastic programs at the Mahidol University. I've been a part of the environmental departments UN beach cleanups on the island of Koh Sak. There is a professor at the University who runs them regularly. Many cool scientific projects for those willing to bug professors. Salaya campus is also a really good center point for those wanting to travel around Thailand on the weekends. Overall best experience of my college career and if I could do it again I would

Troy

Best Global Experience!

This program was one of the best and structured ones around! The staff was so hands-on that I truly felt like I was with my friends and family back home. Mahidol is a great school and the leaders of the program helped me find activities, clubs, and more-tennis club for me!

One of the great problems myself and fellow students faced was how to manage our time in Thailand. One piece of advice I was given- the best- by the program was " Don't try and cram everything into one day; instead choose one meaningful activity or adventure and you will feel more accomplished/ happier with your time spent. Thailand has options for everyone- nightlife, beaches, escapes, etc. With the help of the staff, they truly made me time worthwhile and I wish I could do it over again/:

I really wish I could say there should be an improvement but I cannot. It was affordable, accommodating, and now have lifelong memories.
Chandler

An Experience You DON’T Want to Miss

I would 100% recommend this program if you are looking to study abroad somewhere different and more exciting than Thailand. Make sure to come here with an open mind so you are able to take in and learn as much as possible as many things here in Thailand are much different than the Western world.

One of the directors of this program, Aaron (or P.A. as the Thai’s and students call him), is absolutely incredible and will do anything and everything for the students to make them feel comfortable and welcome. I learned so much from Aaron and I cannot thank him enough.

The university is great as well and has a very beautiful campus just outside of the city. It’s far enough out of the hustle and bustle of Bangkok but also still just a quick 15-20min taxi ride or a cheap 45min-1hr bus ride away.

I loved this program so much I decided to come back and live in Thailand for another year! I have been here for the last 16 months and have enjoyed all of my time here in Bangkok and Southeast Asia.

Make sure to go into this with an open mind. There are so many things about Thai culture you just will not understand if you think like a western person.