Study Abroad at Lancaster University Direct Enrollment

Study Abroad at Lancaster University Direct Enrollment

Many students have studied at Lancaster for part of their undergraduate degree. Credits can be transferred to your home university and applied to your degree here.

- Lancaster University is one of the UK’s top universities given its consistently high ranking in the UK league tables and is established as a world player in research and teaching.
- Lancaster is one hour’s train ride from Manchester, two hours from Edinburgh and 2.5 hours from London.
- University accommodation is guaranteed to non EU study abroad and exchange students.
- The Lancaster campus is one of the safest in the UK.
- The Study Abroad Programme is fully integrated and you will study and live alongside UK and other international students.

Europe » United Kingdom

Anissa
Centreville, VA
University of Colorado- Boulder

Great Place to Study Abroad

I studied abroad at Lancaster University for a year - 2005 to 2006. I was excited to experience a new setting and a new school, but I was nervous about leaving my friends and family for so long. I lived in dorm housing with a bunch of Lancaster students, so I felt like a bit of an outsider at first, but they were extremely welcoming and I made some great friends.

The curriculum was pretty challenging, but nothing unlike my classes back in the U.S. It was not difficult to manage my studies while leaving enough time to travel around England as well as to several other European countries. I saw a lot of places and met a lot of great people. I definitely recommend the program.

Jennifer
Lake City, PA
Allegheny College

Life at Lancaster

I live with 7 other students in a flat consisting of a communal kitchen and single ensuite rooms. Even though we all have our own rooms, everyone in the flat is very close. We cook meals together, watch television and films together, tease each other and generally get on very well. We are a little family.

My classes are all a mix of lectures and workshops/seminars, which is wonderful because I get a chance to learn and retain the information, and then a session to put my knowledge to use. The lecturers and tutors are quite friendly and always open to questions.

The campus is full of shops so it is not hard to find everything you need for classes without going out of your way. There are two supermarkets, a charity shop, a book store, an office supply store, Greggs, Subway, several food joints, a free service travel agency, two libraries, and other such places that make student life so much easier.

There are more clubs, teams, and societies on campus than I have ever known a university to have! There is everything from sky diving club to tea appreciation club, from equestrian team to living history club, from two different dance societies to fandom based clubs, from football appreciation club to English literature club to animal welfare society. There is so much to do on campus and Fresher's Week is a blast! I would strongly recommend Lancaster University to anyone who is looking to study abroad. The town is safe, welcoming, and nearby (15 min by bicycle, 45 walking, or there are constantly running buses from the uni), the people are friendly, and the campus is wonderful.

The only complaints I have are that my flat is in the furthest corner of campus from everything else, but that is all luck of the draw and where you apply to live. I get a lovely walk anytime I need to go into the center of the uni, but it does take a good 15 min to walk to many of my classes. Also, because I am so far out, sometimes cell phone service is dicey. Other than my flat location, everything about Lancaster has been splendid.

Students have been coming to Lancaster on short term study for credit since 1968, four years after the University was founded. Each year approximately 400 students from North America, Australia, Hong Kong, Europe (through the Erasmus Programme), and elsewhere in the world study at Lancaster