Semester at Wroxton College - An American Campus in England

Congratulations to Wroxton College - 2020 Winner of Best Overall Study Abroad Program on GoOverseas.com!

We're optimists! Although Wroxton College is closed through Spring 2021 due to COVID-19, we are now accepting applications for Fall 2021. Please contact us at studyabroad@fdu.edu.

Since 1965, FDU's campus in Oxfordshire, England, Wroxton College, has offered carefully designed, integrated study abroad experiences for highly motivated individuals. Known as 'The Wroxton Experience' by those who have shared it, Wroxton College provides all the essentials - and more - in a comprehensive package.

Did you know that:

• More than 2,500 students from more than 200 universities have called Wroxton College home?
• Wroxton was the family home of Lord North, Prime Minister of Britain during the American Revolution?
• The oldest parts of Wroxton date to the 13th century, when it was a medieval monastery?
• Wroxton was voted #1 for safety by GoOverseas.com?

• Study with British faculty in British Tutorial System
  • Live in beautiful 17th century stately home in the village of Wroxton (just 1 hour from London by Train)
  • Experience weekend excursions to Paris, Edinburgh and Cardiff
  • Visit London, Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Birmingham, Bath and more
  • Enjoy small classes and safe location

Popular Programs

Autumn Colors on the Lake

Autumn is a special time at Wroxton College as the woodlands turn to crimson and gold and fallen leaves crunch merrily underfoot! Memorable features of Wroxton's Fall semester include a Guy Fawkes Day bonfire by the Lady's Lake, our traditional Thanksgiving Feast and the Decking of the Great Hall in anticipation of Christmas!

Spring Daffodils at Wroxton

You'll know that Spring has sprung at Wroxton College when the daffodils begin to bloom! Memorable features of Wroxton's Spring semester include Shrove Tuesday (celebrated by eating way too many pancakes), St. Patrick's Day (technically Irish but celebrated nonetheless), and the annual Lord North Lecture, Dinner and Dance.

• 9-10 rating 98.44%
  • 7-8 rating 1.56%
Melanie

Forever Grateful

Wroxton was a truly life changing experience for me as it was for many. The staff was incredibly supportive, friendly, and welcoming. They made me feel like I was home. It was the most challenging time of my academic career, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I grew so much as a person. The Abbey is stunning, and the grounds are breathtaking. I’ve never had more fun than I did while at Wroxton. The meals, classes, shows, and trips were the best time of my life! I will be forever grateful for my time at Wroxton.

My advice to future travelers is to really explore and drink it all in. Every experience is a great one. Really live in the moment and embrace gratitude for being there. No moment is too small when you’re living somewhere so magical.
Linda

Life Changing Experience

First, the Abbey itself is amazing. The history there, staying there, and studying there is magical. The grounds are beautiful and the village of Wroxton is something like out of a novel. Second, you get to interact with students from various universities, studying together both in classroom but also in the British smaller tutorial style, which was fantastic. Seeing Shakespeare plays live in Stratford was amazing. Third, the opportunities for travel are amazing and not to be missed. From trips arranged by the Abbey to your own travel break. You will make lifelong memories and relationships. If this is your first time outside the continent, being in an English-speaking country really helps.

Life is about relationships & experiences: take the time to learn about your classmates, the staff and professors, as well as taking advantage of the travel opportunities. Embrace creativity. Try new things. Stay after your semester to explore London or other cities with new Wroxton friends. AND connect with them when you return (though that is likely to happen spontaneously anyway!) as they will understand the shared experience once you are back home.
Savannah

The Crown Jewel of FDU

The professors of Wroxton College pushed my academic limits in ways that I had never before experienced. Every day was met with a new analytical challenge. It was an honor to be recognized as the highest achieving student in Dr. Baldwin’s Anatomy of Contemporary Britain course because he, like all the professors at Wroxton, hold their students to the highest of standards. But make no mistake, Wroxton’s excellence is not limited to the classroom. The staff of the school, including the housekeepers, kitchen chefs, administrative office workers, librarian (Andrew), handyman/choir teacher (John), and groundskeeper of over 50 years, Robert, all exemplify joyful dedication to their work. To study abroad at Wroxton is a humbling experience, filled with incredible highs from traveling, to challenging lows of home sickness. All-inclusive weekend trips to Edinburgh, Paris, and London make one feel like they’re living in a dream. Weekly trips to museums, old ruins, and historical landmarks make one appreciative of all the beauty and complexity that England has to offer. One leaves Wroxton better than when they arrived. It is the very reason I chose to invest my time and money as a student of Fairleigh Dickinson University. FDU, simply put, cannot afford to lose Wroxton College. I am proud to call myself an alumnus of Wroxton and have thought fondly on my memories made there nearly every day since.

shannon

Wroxton College

Amazing academic and cultural experience in a bucolic setting. Weekly trips to Stratford. Lots of opportunities to travel and excellent support from staff. Banbury is an idyllic town, not too far from London (and not too close, either). As an English Major, the opportunity to see Shakespearean plays in Stratford gave me an in-depth understanding of his work in an atmosphere most people can only dream of. It’s an experience everyone should be able to take advantage of, and will enrich their lives in many ways.

Marie

Wroxton was the best part of my College career

Wroxton was the best part about my college experience! If I had the opportunity to I would book and flight and go back right now. The staff, grounds, and community are amazing. Wroxton helped allowed me to grow into the person I am today. As a history major, being able to be constantly surrounded by history and learning something new pretty much every second of every day was indescribable. I would recommend this school to anyone who wishes to be immersed in history and fun. The grounds are breathtaking and every second is an adventure.

Go on every trip provided. Even if you are only half interested go on it, it is completely worth it. You will most likely never get to experience anything like this again, so take advantage. Travel as much as you can!!
Elizabeth

Wonderful experience

What a wonderful experience for a history major who loved architecture. I would spend hours walking about the buildings and campus, in awe that much of what I was seeing was as old if not older than much of my home country. The experience to travel was amazing, and very affordable. I loved living in a dorm setting, allowing me to interact with other American students experiencing the same opportunity to travel. Host families give a unique experience, but the faculty opened up their homes making us feel like we got the best of both worlds. The chance to travel when young is so important, and I look forward to my own children having this opportunity soon.

What was your funniest moment?
Our Christmas/Holiday celebration sharing silly gifts with each other.
Michael

Great experience

Best experience I had in university. I would recommend to anyone. The abbey is great. The teachers and staff are great. The work load is strenuous but you will have plenty if time to travel and enjoy your self. The history of the abbey is really neat and the grounds are huge to explore or relax. The town is sleepy but safe with a few pubs to enjoy but Banbury is a short ride away to the mall or supermarket, resteraunts, etc. Lot of public transportation its easy to travel all over Europe. I took many trips to different countries plus they took us on many cool excursions.

David

Wroxton

All British faculty, tea breaks in the middle of class with professors, British tutorial system that leaves no one behind and demands your best.. not to mention living in what is basically Downton Abbey make this program life changing.

And that doesn’t count the trips to Parliament, the Royal Shakespeare Company Theater, Paris, and many other wonderful places.

I found my best friends there, learned more deeply than I had before and when things are challenging in life I think back on my time there and that gives me strength to push on.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Hearing on day one exactly when all my papers and exams world be due and knowing no excuse would be accepted.