Semester at Wroxton College - An American College in England

Since 1965, FDU's campus in Oxfordshire, England, Wroxton College, has offered carefully designed, integrated study abroad experiences for highly motivated individuals. Known as 'The Wroxton Experience' by those who have shared it, Wroxton College provides all the essentials - and more - in a comprehensive package, enabling you to combine a high-quality academic program with the opportunity to travel and experience new cultures. So, recharge your expectations, broaden your horizons, strive to be extraordinary, and come be a part of the Wroxton Experience.

Did you know that:

• Fairleigh Dickinson University was the first American university to own and operate an international campus?
• More than 2,500 students from more than 200 universities have called Wroxton College home?
• Wroxton was once the family home of Lord North, Prime Minister of Britain during the American Revolution?
• The oldest parts of Wroxton date to the 13th century, when it was a medieval monastery?

• Study with British faculty in British Tutorial System
  • Live in beautiful 17th century stately home in the village of Wroxton (just 1 hour from London by Train)
  • Experience weekend excursions to Paris, Edinburgh and Cardiff
  • Visit London, Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Birmingham, Bath and more
  • Enjoy small classes and safe location

• Content 0
  • Engagement 0
  • Platform 0
Cassandra

Wroxton College - 3 Generations Attended

In the spring semester of 1985, I was the 3rd generation in my family to attend Wroxton. Each of us had our own experiences; truth be told, mine was the best. To have the opportunity to live and study abroad in a 17th-century Jacobean mansion with acres of plush lawns, lakes, woodlands, and a rich history was a privilege and honor. The format for learning was great! It included lectures, seminars and tutorials; the professors left such a positive impact on me; on Wednesdays, we would go to the quaint market in Banbury to buy essentials; the staff would always have awesome trips planned for weekends and holidays so that we could fully embrace the culture and “Wroxton Experience”. As a 3rd Generation of the Wroxton Family – it’s an education of a lifetime. Cassie S.

What was your funniest moment?
Every day with the "Madison 5 + 1", but one in particular was when they were the "lookout" for me as I hid in the backseat of a car to attend the theater and dinner with someone I took a liking to when we first met.
Matthew

The best thing about FDU was the chance to go to Wroxton

Wroxton was one of the greatest experiences of my life. It was also one of the main selling points of going to FDU and joining their Theater program. It's a shame that FDU would be willing to sell this beautiful and historical property that has created so many life long memories for their students. It's been a goal of mine to always go back and visit and stay over for a few days. The teachers and staff were honestly better than most of the teachers at FDU. I hope to see this amazing place once again!

Sarah

Unforgettable Experience

Wroxton was by far the best part of my time at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Wroxton allowed me to get out of my comfort zone, meet new people, create new friendships, challenge myself academically, visit 7 different countries, and have a place to call home during the Spring 2017 semester. I think about my time studying abroad at Wroxton College every single day and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to spend a semester there. To any current students or prospective students thinking about studying abroad at Wroxton - do it, you won’t regret it.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would travel more and stress a little less about academics. The classes are by no means easy - but whenever I had a question the professors were always ready to help and they truly wanted to see every student succeed while also enjoying their time abroad.
Lauren

Best College Experience

Wroxton was able to provide so many adventures in an affordable, unique way. The planned weekend trips showed me so many parts of England that I might not have found on my own. The teachers and staff were personable and would share jokes over meal times. It made me grow both academically as I learned a new style of classes and personally as I explored different cities and bonded with my travel mates. Wroxton life was so much better than the campus I had in New Jersey. I would love to visit again.

Take advantage of every trip and moment. There is so much to explore and soak in but all of it is so worth it. But don’t forget to appreciate the Wroxton Abbey and it’s grounds as well.
Nick

Wroxton College Experience

Going to Wroxton was one of the best experiences of my life on a traveling and personal growth level. The staff and others who work there are very accommodating and kind. Visiting cities the likes of London is incredible and everyone should have the chance to have that experience. It's also a great opportunity for students and others to grow. Try new things that they're away from the familiar and come back home a little more well rounded and ready to go out into the world. I wouldn't trade my time at Wroxton for anything.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Most of what I ate was unfamiliar due to my food allergies. I had to eat out more and try new things I could eat.
Deirdra

Best Study Abroad Program!

Wroxton college is the best program out there. You not only get a great academic opportunity but trips are amazing. And most are included in tuition! Books, room and board is included also! You get a lot more for your money at Wroxton than in the USA. You get to stay in a very historic old Abbey. Staff was amazing and made sure you didn’t feel too homesick. Everyone deserves an opportunity to experience this program. I made life long friends and learned more about myself in 4 months than I ever did.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I wouldn’t change anything. I wish more than anything I could experience Wroxton again.
Annie

Wroxton is a once-in-a-lifetime experience

Spending a semester at Wroxton College was one of the best experiences of my life. I made lifelong friends, was taught be some of the most excellent and dedicated professors in England in a variety of subjects, and travelled to some of the most amazing European sites for much less money and with so much more ease than if I had been planning it all myself. The Abbey is a magnificent feat of architecture, whose history is invaluable. The academics were challenging and trips heaps of fun. I saw the Eiffel Tower, Edinburgh Castle, Stonehenge, Big Ben, and countless art museums and plays within a span of a few months. The village of Wroxton is charming and picturesque, a place I have difficulty describing to others. The team at Wroxton, from Dean Baldwin all the way to the ladies at reception, all care so deeply about the students and helping them to have a positive experience there. Without the skills I learned at Wroxton, travelling about on my own and with a group, I never would have had the confidence to move to New York City for two years for graduate school. I am endlessly grateful for my Wroxton experience.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Wroxton Abbey celebrated its 800th (!) birthday while I attended, and to celebrate, there was a Medieval Day, complete with archery, traditional Morris dancers, and knights in combat. It was such a special occasion, and one I won't forget!
Brianna

Best Experience Ever

My experience was cut short due to COVID-19. Even so, it was the best thing I ever did. I visited places I always wanted to and places I had never heard of. Those ones were usually the best. The professors went out of their way to get to know us and to make us feel at home. Everyone I met was so nice. At Shakespeare’s birthplace an employee knew every township in NJ and knew the areas we were from. People in the town nearby would stop and talk to us if we were walking around. A lot of store owners liked to ask us questions. I also made a lot of friends I wouldn’t have made otherwise. It’s a truly special experience.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
There were two nerve-racking moments that come to mind. One was going to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I’m deathly afraid of heights but I really wanted to be able to go to the top. I went up with friends and just forced myself to go up. While I didn’t go to the edge I was able to see the view from the top. After that, everything I did after that seemed short in comparison which probably would’ve freaked me out before the Eiffel Tower.

I was also afraid to go over to England. I was really excited but I had never been away from home for so long or so far away. I’m only 2 hours away from fdu so I could go home any time I felt like it. But both of my parents traveled abroad while they were in school and they talk about it to this day. I always wanted to travel and their stories made me want to do it more. It would give me an experience and another connection to my parents. It helped being able to contact them whenever I wanted. Knowing that and wanting to travel so badly made it easier to over come my nerves about going. Then when I came back I compared my photos with my parents and realized my dad and I took very similar pictures of the same things.