ITTT TEFL Course in Florence, Italy

ITTT TEFL Course in Florence, Italy

As the birthplace of the Renaissance, the city of Florence in Italy is a truly beautiful setting for a TEFL course and anyone with a love of history and art will be spoiled by all this amazing city has to offer. The training center is situated in a traditional part of the city giving course participants the opportunity to interact with locals on a day-to-day basis and get to know the real Florence as opposed to the side that most tourists see. As well as providing excellent TEFL training, our team in Florence is keen for trainees to experience the traditional Tuscan way of life; important preparation for those heading off to teach in smaller Italian towns and villages. Our internationally recognized TEFL certificate and global job placement guidance will also ensure that you are well prepared for teaching elsewhere in the world.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

Europe » Italy » Florence
Job Placement
Certifications
TEFL
Hotel

The biggest factor is your availability and flexibility in going anywhere in the world basically. Also, your desired need of adequate income and length of stay at the position...I know people who were fairly quickly placed but they were open to lots of lengths of stays as well as locations. Most people are seeking an adventure and are not looking to make a living out of this beyond sustaining them...
The only age limit is your own internal clock. I took the course with a 23 year old young lady, with me at 43 and our oldest a 58 year old gentleman. If you have the energy, then jump on in!

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Miriana
Belluno

Tefl Course in Florence changed my life!!

I am very grateful to Kristin and her staff, I had the opportunity to teach and test myself. It was the first time for me, and I did it because I wanted to change something in my life. The course is very intense but all the teachers are excellent and ready to help. Now I have four students and I am having fun! Thank you!!

Linda
Chicago, Illinois
Pennsylvania State University

ITTT TEFL to the max!

This class, teachers, and Director (Kristin L.) were all exceptional! The daily class instruction, mentoring, and discussions were interesting, challenging, and rewarding. The class curriculum was well designed to create a tapestry of learning through readings, input sessions, brainstorming, open ended discussions, interaction with adult L2 learners, as well as an abundance of one on one attention when needed. The program was well balanced and thorough in its approach. Each presenter was well versed in specific topics, which enhanced learning. The class activities and assignments were varied and thought provoking. The school environment was friendly, warm, encouraging, and fun! The overall experience was one sprinkled with tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. As a very experienced teacher I found the course to be the most rewarding experience of my life! I grew, learned, shared, and delighted in the success we all experiences throughout our time at TEFL Firenze! Grazie!

I understand that "intensive" does describe the course and it is a valid description. However, if there was a way to change anything perhaps having comp time during the 4 week class where students could have time to work on the outside activities required freeing up some more time for self reflection and written assignments within the framework of the school class day.

Leanne
San Francisco
University of San Francisco

Live a Dream

I took the TEFL course in the winter of 2011. My apartment was a few blocks from the school and was a giant, beautiful flat with a wrap-around patio. The TEFL program set up my housing and placed me with a roommate who would become my closest friend.

The teachers were not only brilliant, but made the class (which, I will say, was challenging) fun and informative. Teaching was a blast. The students were eager to learn and participative.

I managed to find enough employment to stay in Italy for almost a year. I would do it over again, and I recommend this program to everyone.

Go, learn, travel, and enjoy!

The program is very fast paced. Within the first week, you are preparing lesson plans and teaching classes of real students. I would have preferred the program to be a bit longer and slower paced but, having said that, I excelled in the program and managed just fine.

Brent
Cordignano, Italia

Serious course for people really interested in getting prepared to teach!

I took this course in person (as opposed to the online offering) thinking that it would just be a certificate factory and I'd have a month to relax and enjoy Florence, get my certification and move on. Boy was I wrong! This course is designed to prepare you to actually be a teacher. From lesson planning and materials preparation to feedback and critiques on your classroom teaching, this course turned out to be an authentic effort to produce a functional and capable English teacher. The staff and teachers were very friendly and encouraging, even when correcting our less than stellar efforts. I can't really recommend the housing accommodations arranged by the school only because I did not utilize them (and nobody in my class did either.) I can recommend Florence, a beautiful city with a ton of attractions and great restaurants, as an outstanding location for attending this school. Overall, it was a challenging and rewarding experience, and one that I'd recommend to anyone who is thinking about getting their TEFL certification.

Its been three months since I finished the course and I don't have a single school or program negative that has stuck with me. I could mention the facilities, but they are on par with all of the English Schools that I have applied to so far. I could mention internet connection and software compatibility problems I experienced, but those were to be expected since I opted to reside in an apartment without internet capabilities and my laptop ran Oracle OSD instead of MS Word, so reformatting challenges were an anticipated and accepted condition when printing at the school. The one afternoon when the WiFi at the school wasn't working I was able to complete my lesson planning over the school's computers with LAN access. ...No, nothing negative.

Ken
Camarillo, CA
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Excellent Course, Great City

The four week course is outstanding, particularly the practice teaching experience with students of varied levels. Florence is a great city of art as well as entertainment. The school is convenient to public transport and provides excellent assistance in lodging. From school, the center of the city is an easy twenty minute walk along the Arno, or a ten minute bus ride. There is a superb neighborhood bar/restaurant right next door to the school-great for lunch and coffee breaks. If you are an EU resident, you will probably find a teaching position easily after the course. If you are not an EU resident, you will have more difficulty due to the need for a work permit. For me, an American, the training, the month of living in Florence and the friendships I made were well worth the expense-though I did not seek a teaching position in Italy.

Larger classrooms.

James
Russia
Le Moyne College

Good

Florence is a moderately expensive city and that's reflected in the accomodation, but it's not terribly overpriced. The staff are all really friendly and helpful and help you get acclimated. The school provides you with plenty of hands on experience that has been extremely helpful so far in my teaching career. Overall it's a nice school and a worthwhile experience.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future