TEFL Certification in Cusco, Peru

Become a certified English teacher by earning a TEFL certification with Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. TEFL Certification is your passport to living and working as English teacher anywhere else in the world!

The 4-week/150-hour certification program includes more than 15 hours of practical English teaching and observation of experienced teachers. Groups are small with usually 2 to 14 people.

The TEFL Program consists of 12 modules:

- Teaching Listening & Reading
- Teaching English with Games
- Assessing & Testing Learners
- Introduction to international English exams: TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge

Maximo Nivel is internationally accredited and the Maximo Nivel TEFL Certificate is accepted by institutes, language schools, and universities around the world.

Hello! Our TEFL course is 150 hours total. This includes 100 hours in class, 6 hours observing other teachers, 6-8 hours practical teaching, 37 hours assigned reading, lesson planning, and Grammar Paper and Personal Development Paper. Please note that the course is intensive and tends to be the participants' main priority. Most students find that they dedicate the majority of their day to the...
Here's the link to the website page that breaks down housing by week and price! http://maximonivel.com/tefl-tesol/prices/
You can find all of the program dates here: http://maximonivel.com/tefl-tesol/program-dates/
The cost is $1700 but if you volunteer with the Maximo Nivel program before or after the TEFL course you can receive a $700 discount. Classes are offered once a month and start around the third week of the month.

• Benefits 9.6
  • Facilities 8.7
  • Instruction 10
  • Difficulty 7.8
  • Job Assistance 9.9
Minette

TEFL in Cusco

I had a great time doing this course!! It is a lot of work and you cannot really afford to slack. Sean was the best anyone could ask for and he really motivated the entire group to do our best. We were a small but strong group and am so happy i decided to do the course here in Cusco! 100% recommended. I did not know that I was going to walk away from this course so motivated and proud of myself for accomplishing what we did in such a short space of time.

Cassie

TEFL certification program

My experience at Maximo Nivel exceeded all my expectations. The coordinators were organized, professional, and everyone was there to help with any questions I had. The program itself was intense, but the curriculum was interesting, and the staff made sure to make it fun and exciting. I did not know what to expect when I signed up to get my TEFL certification, but the material we went over was helpful of the realities of being an English teacher and how to properly teach a foreign language to future students. I would recommend this program to anyone and highly suggest to do the onsight certification, because you can do hands-on experience with real students. Practicing with real students was helpful to apply the techniques you learn through the program with the guidance of Maximo staff. I feel more than ready to start my career as an English teacher, thanks to this Maximo Nivel TEFL program.

Carla

Go For It

This is what I did. I am 49 years old and at a stage in my life where I was looking for a change. I read about the TEFL program at Maximo Nivel online and was instantly interested. Then I searched online for everything I could find out about the program. Even though the comments were all positive, I took my time to really consider the investment it would be and the life changes it would include. You can never be 100% sure of something but I made the decision to go for it.
I can say wholeheartedly, I am so glad I did. The class is worth the investment. It was packed with training and support. Sean, my instructor, was excellent. My classmates were great and even though the work load was intense, the class was so much fun. I discovered I love to teach English as a foreign language. Life is too short to sit back and wonder what if....just go for it.

Roy-d

Maximo Nivel and Sean Barter will make a difference in your life!

This course has made me think about what it takes to be a professional English teacher. Inspire students to learn is the goal of any teacher and with this program at Maximo Nivel I think have achieved it during the practical teaching week. Sean, my trainer, was super professional, knowledgeable and available at all times. He will help you every step of the way. You will realize that everything he asks you to do in class, he has already done it with you. Just pay attention and have fun. With him every day will be different and fun.
It was the last day during the practical teaching week that I realized how much I enjoy teaching. Even though I had to work hard every day, in the end, it was all worth it. You'll never forget it.
So if you're thinking about taking this course, let me tell you that it will be challenging but also fun. You will meet people from all backgrounds and they will become your friends. Who knows? You might find a new passion, just like I did.

Just keep up the good work.
Ben

Excellent Program Exceeded Expectations

I really cannot say enough good things about the Maximo Nivel TEFL course in Cusco. Sean is an excellent teacher; he not only taught us invaluable skills, but also modeled those same skills everyday as he taught the course. I never imagined that the class would pack so much material into such a short time period. It really was intensive, but not in any way overwhelming. I would say it was about the perfect level of intensity. The amount of practical teaching practice also surpassed my expectations. We were already in front of students on the second day, and getting thrown right in helped me feel like a teacher right from the start.

Cusco is also a beautiful city with so much to do. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone interested in a TEFL certification that really wants to become a better teacher.

Cassidy

Professionalism in Cusco, Peru

I completed the TEFL course in Cusco, Peru. I only have good things to say about the facility and the instructors. Sean was the lead instructor and Yobi was his assistant. Are class was rather large and I never felt like that affected the quality. Sean and Yobi were terrific. They were great teachers and handled the class masterfully. Any questions or doubts I had was quickly handled. The whole experience was wonderful. The classroom has everything you would ever need and all of the employees of Maximo were great. I was extremely impressed and would happily recommend this program to any of my freinds.

N/A
Michael

Worth it

The staff here is great, really goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable in Cusco. I had some issues with the water heater in my apartment and told the Maximo staff and within the day it was resolved. They will work with landlord or host family to make sure you are never lost in translation which is extremely helpful. I speak some Spanish but am easily overwhelmed by technical details, and so their help was much appreciated.

The course itself is not very difficult, just requires that you put in the effort to keep up with the reading and a few papers. Even though you might be a native speaker you will definitely realize there are a lot of aspects to grammar that need a bit of study to wrap your head around (looking at you, conditionals).

I never felt lost in the class because my teacher (Sean Barter) was absolutely fantastic and very engaging. Definitely one of the best teachers I've ever had and if the other teachers are of the same caliber I wholeheartedly recommend the program. My own class was great. Sean worked to make sure we as a class were cohesive while providing plenty of indivual assessment and was available pretty much all the time. You should sign up! There's a lot more they offer than just the TEFL certification so there will be a lot to keep you occupied. It was a well spent month.

Jenny

Máximo for the win

I just finished my TEFL course and it was great. I did the hybrid course and I was a little afraid I'd be behind the rest of the class by the time I got down to Sorh America, but Claudia was really great about catching me up and making me feel apart of the group! We were really drilled on teaching methods by seeing them in action (via Claudia teaching us kinestetically, auditorioly, and visually ALL at the same time) and when it came to practical teaching week, the encouragement of everyone at Maximo Nivel was constant. I definitely feel prepared to take on teaching English and the only thing that would've made this program better is if I had more time to practical teach because it was a lot of fun! Definitely recommended taking TEFL course at Maximo because their teaching methods are on point and are all about giving the power to the students.

Lewis

A great experience and a great education

The TEFL course at Máximo Nivel was an incredible experience - I expected a lot, but my expectations were exceeded in every way. It's hard work, but the most beneficial month you'll spend doing anything if you're interested in travel, learning new things, and meeting new (and amazing) people. My classmates were a wonderful group of people: everyone was so different and interesting in their own way, but we shared such an incredible bond throughout the program - which made the coursework a lot easier! The inspiring atmosphere was undoubtedly generated by Claudia, our TEFL instructor, whose enthusiasm and wisdom rubbed off on us all. In fact, everyone at Máximo encourages such a positive vibe that you can't help but have a great time studying there. I can't believe how much I learned, and how much I achieved, in such a short space of time. And I can't think of a better place to have done it. Cusco is a fascinating, vibrant, and totally livable city. Once you've acclimatized to the altitude, you'll never want to leave.

Carrie

Approaching 50 And Time For A Change!

What an eye-opening and amazing experience! Having been out of the "educational system" for over 25 years and as an adult professional, I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I signed up for Maximo in Cusco. I had lived and travelled outside of the US in the past but it had been a while since I had done so for any extended period of time. I knew that I would be challenged, but was looking forward to the opportunity to doing something outside of my comfort zone. With my husband and younger son back in the US, I hopped on a plane to a new adventure and am so very grateful that I did. The course was difficult, but not impossible. Claudia was an amazing, patient, and encouraging instructor who definitely knows a thing or two about teaching English. She was attentive to each person's style of learning and recognized that we had all come from different backgrounds and situations and was extremely respectful with regard to this. With her support, and that of the Maximo staff and fellow TEFL'ers I feel confident in putting my newfound skills to use in the near future. The weeks went by quickly and in the end I was sorry to say goodbye to my TEFL family and the beautiful city of Cusco ( tears were shed). Although TEFL was time consuming, there was time for fun as well. I had the opportunity to visit such sites as Rainbow Mountain, The Sacred Valley, other Incan ruins around Cusco, and Machu Picchu (via the Inca Trail). Cusco is a very safe city and I had absolutely no difficulty getting around on foot or via public transport. Maximo is in a perfect location, blocks from the Plaza de Armas. I chose to live in an apartment rather than do a homestay or hostel. It worked very well for me. Again, very safe and within walking distance of the school. I would recommend this program for anyone who wants to make a difference in someone's life by becoming an English teacher. Whether you choose to use your certification in your home country (which I will be doing for the time being) or abroad, I am sure you'll find that your life will forever be changed. I am excited to move forward into the next chapter of my life with this newly gained skill. Thanks Claudia and Maximo Nivel!!

Kathleen

TEFL Certification - Maximo Nivel - Review

A few months ago I was in Peru and wasn't sure what my next step would be. I had quit my job and had never thought about teaching English, but a friend mentioned her experience with Maximo Nivel. It sparked my interest and I decided to take the course. It exceeded any expectations and was truly a wonderful experience. It wasn't a course that you sat around and joked the whole time, we had in class practice and a full week of practical teaching. Teaching English wasn't as easy as I thought, but our teacher Claudia was there for us throughout the whole course and even made our Grammar lesson fun. I would highly recommend Maximo Nivel and Claudia as a teacher if you're looking into a TELF course in another country.

Laura

TEFL Certification in Cusco with Maximo Nivel

The TEFL training program in Cusco, Peru with Maximo Nivel was AMAZING. The instructor (Claudia) was one of the best teachers I've ever had, the staff was great, and we were given every possible resource. I definitely felt that I learned a lot and that it was well worth my money. Would highly recommend the program and absolutely loved my experience here at Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. Also seriously Mama Clau Clau is the best

Kimberly

Take the TEFL course at Maximo Nivel

I loved my experience at Maximo Nivel. The staff was always super helpful, like above and beyond with everything and always had a smile on their face. The instructor Claudia was engaging, passionate and incredibly knowledgeable. Class was super fun and flew by. She was always available to help us, long and flexible office hours and responded to emails quickly. I learned so much from this course and am such a better teacher because of it. They also helped me get a job and an apartment in Cusco after the program was over. Highly recommend getting your TEFL certificate at Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru!!!!!!!

Lindsey

TEFL Certification at Maximo Nivel

I really enjoyed the TEFL Certification course at Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. My TEFL Certification instructor was energetic, funny, engaging, and inspiring. She challenged us to think creatively and broaden our knowledge, but she also made us laugh everyday. I never knew that learning to teach English could be so much fun! My experience at Maximo Nivel has given me a new perspective on teaching by helping me to take the perspective of the English Language learners. The techniques I learned have proven to be really beneficial to the progress of my learners. The environment at Maximo Nivel was very supportive and the content was quite practical. I liked how the course was very hands-on and how we began teaching English Language learners during our first week of the course. Additionally, the practical teaching week was very informative and helpful in terms of my professional development. The staff at Maximo Nivel helped me find a job and answered my questions about teaching English in different countries. Further, Iiving with a host family was a very positive experience for me. I felt like I was part of the family and I learned a lot about Peruvian culture. It was also a great opportunity to practice speaking Spanish! Lastly, I made amazing friends in my course who I will never forget! I would definitely recommend the TEFL Certification course in Cusco, Peru!

Jennifer

Great Program

Maximo's TEFL program in Cusco, Peru is topnotch!

I went to the program already having taught in a volunteer capacity for a few years, but learning the techniques in this course have completely changed my teaching style. Our instructor, Claudia, was fun and engaging, and she taught us using the same techniques we were learning, which helped cement them in us. She will also serve as a lifelong reference for us. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in earning a TEFL certification. Come prepared to spend a lot of time on the coursework (the work is not difficult, but it's a lot to do in a short period), but you will get so much out of it.

The school itself was also much bigger than I'd expected! They had a full team in the International Office to help with whatever we needed, from recommending weekend tourist destinations to giving us change for our large bills to helping us brainstorm ideas for practical teaching. I was also impressed because every single Peruvian I met in Cusco knew about Maximo Nivel, and many of them were taking courses there. Maximo has an excellent reputation within the city.

Lastly, Cusco is a jewel. Come prepared for the cold, but prepared also to be amazed by the rich culture and history.

About Maximo Nivel

Máximo Nivel (Maximum Level)—The Intercultural Center of Latin America

Máximo Nivel is a family-owned, social enterprise founded in 2003. Our three intercultural centers are locally-based organizations focused on international education and cross...