• Peru

What's Included
Activities Airport Transfers
Nov 27, 2019
Dec 17, 2019

Become a certified English teacher by earning a TEFL certification with Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. TEFL Certification is your passport to living and working as English teacher anywhere else in the world!

The 4-week/150-hour certification program includes more than 15 hours of practical English teaching and observation of experienced teachers. Groups are small with usually 2 to 14 people.

The TEFL Program consists of 12 modules:

- Teaching Listening & Reading
- Teaching English with Games
- Assessing & Testing Learners
- Introduction to international English exams: TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge

Maximo Nivel is internationally accredited and the Maximo Nivel TEFL Certificate is accepted by institutes, language schools, and universities around the world.

Popular Programs

Hybrid TEFL

The 4-week 150-hour onsite course in Peru is one of our most popular destinations and TEFL courses. The TEFL program in Cusco usually ranges from 8 to 15 participants. Our language-training center in Cusco has a very successful ESL program and the ESL classes you teach during your course average 10-12 English students. Due to the high altitude of Cusco, be sure to dress in layers—stay casual for your TEFL classes, but bring more professional clothes for your teaching practice.

• 9-10 rating 98.21%
  • 7-8 rating 1.79%
  • Benefits 9.6
  • Facilities 8.7
  • Instruction 9.9
  • Academic Rigor 8.4
  • Job Assistance 9.7
Sandra

Maximo Nivel - Best Course Ever.

I looked at many TEFL courses before signing up for this one. It exceeded my expectations. The opportunity to observe other TEFL-trained teachers teaching non-English speakers was invaluable as was the opportunity to practice teach 8 lessons to actual students. The feedback was excellent and enabled me to improve my next lesson every time. Our TEFL trainer, Sean, was totally amazing, modeling how to teach in each of our TEFL lessons. He was inspiring, always supportive, and encouraging. I came out of this TEFL program confident and eager to teach. The staff at Maximo Nivel have experience and contacts all over the world and are very helpful in making contacts for employment and volunteer opportunities. I give this program the highest marks.

Plan to spend a week or two in Cusco before or after the program visiting Machu Picchu and other cultural sites. You will be too busy with the coursework during the course.
Eva

Sean is the best!

This experience at Maximo Nivel has opened my eyes to the possibility of teaching all over the world. This was by far one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Sean the teacher of the TEFL course is one of the most incredible individuals I have ever met. The course includes a lot of information, so get ready to work hard, but it is so worth it!!! This course includes an intro week where you learn about teaching methodologies and practice teaching a mini lesson in the first week. These mini lessons provide assistance in your own teaching and allows you to get hands on experience right away. The second week is grammar week and you do two mini lessons and a grammar paper. You will have to observe other classes in the institute, this helps get an idea of the type of teacher you would like to be. The last week was my favorite and was practical teaching week, where you are assigned your own class and get to teach them all week! The students are amazing and you learn so much within this week. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning about the world and teaching abroad. The only downside is that I DO NOT recommend getting housing through Maximo, it is expensive and not worth the price. You can find higher quality and more affordable housing on your own, so don't be afraid! Check on facebook for housing listings. :)

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Teaching present tense and the students ask you a question that you are not sure of.
Taylor

Everyone should do TEFL

This was a great course in a great location! Sean, the teacher, is the best person in the world and works extremely hard to help us reach success! We all came out of TEFL more confident and qualified to reach our goals! We made lifelong friends and openes the door for so many amazing opportunities! If you wish to grow yourself, this program is for you! The only negative is the housing through Maximo. We overpayed for an apartment through them. We moved out within a week because it did not meet the expectations they provided us. We were refused a refund. Find your own housing, you can find great accommodations for waaaay cheaper than Maximo. Besides that, I highly recommend this course! Broaden your horizons! Remember, there is no comfort in growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone!

Ingrid

Fantastic

The course definitely exceeded my expectations, the trainer was excellent and I learned far more than I thought I could in a month. There was a good balance between theory and hands on experience, and it’s a very practical for anyone who wants a way to find themselves while traveling. I would recommend this course to people who are willing to put the work in to reap a lifetime of substantial rewards. Expect to teach for a week with one class, and to do a ton of work outside of the classroom on your own time. It’s highly intensive and you will need to be dedicated to what you are doing, so make sure before investing in the course this is something you want to pursue. However, most people have said the same thing, that they enjoyed teaching more than they thought they would, so if you think it’s something you can be passionate about put in the work and you will be pleased with your growth as a traveler, person, teacher, and member of the global community.

Maureen

The best decision I've ever made

I’m currently participating in LanguageCorps’ TEFL course in Peru and I’m having the time of my life! The experience has been very pleasant, from the moment I was picked up at the airport and brought to my host family until now. The course is definitely intensive, but I’m enjoying it A LOT and I couldn’t ask for a more professional, supportive and fun trainer! The rest of the staff is great as well and the students are a lot of fun to work with. We had our first teaching practice on day 2, which I completed with trembling legs, but I was amazed by how much I had improved during the second time. I can’t wait to put my knowledge into practice. I’m finalizing details with the academic director here and will start teaching a week after finishing the course (something with #Igottaseemachupicchufirst). Highly recommend the experience!

Joanne

Coolio in Cusco

A superb and unforgettable experience. The tutors were professional and gave the utmost of support, admirable in the giving of their time to ensure all learners were clear about the objectives and requirements of the course. Fellow learners made the whole experience. A wonderful mix of individuals who were witty and supportive and a pleasure to be around. Be prepared to work, the course is intensive and ‘full on’ but so worth it in the end. Practical teaching experience was a pleasure and the Peruvian students were simply delightful to teach. A real bonus to the course! Get yourself to Cusco and enjoy the mysteries of the Incas and the delights of a very friendly and warm population of people. Some wonderful restaurants and fantastic food to enjoy too 😃

Having new computers would assist in the writing of assignments etc. Could be terribly frustrating when the computers stopped working or erased your work.
Michelle

An excellent way to get your foot in the door in the world of TEFL

You can't go wrong having a purpose in visiting the lovely and exquisite city of Cusco, Peru. Maximo Nivel offered a rigorous program that was extensively challenging and enjoyable. They provide 24 hour support, clean and safe housing and a welcoming learning environment to accomplish this work intensive program. There is nothing more satisfying than your last week when you actually take over a class for the week. I would highly recommend the program to anyone thinking they may or may not want to teach English one day. The instructor provides an intense amount of positive reinforcement despite a heavy work load. It is certainly an experience that pays out based on what you put into it. The camaraderie in my group was fantastic and offered a wonderful experience both inside and outside of the classroom.

Kathryn

Incredible experience!

I can’t say enough good things about Maximo Nivel, the TEFL course and the whole experience.

Maximo Nivel is helpful and supportive from before booking to your departure and everything know between. I was really impressed with how available they were with everything - from taking care of me when I wasn’t feeling well to suggesting places to eat and shop.

The TEFL course itself far exceeded my expectations. It’s by no means easy but it’s doable and very rewarding. Our teacher (Sean!) was enganging, made classes fun and modelled all the techniques he was teaching us. He too created a very supportive and encouraging atmosphere that empowered us to succeed.
I can easily say he was the best teacher I’ve ever had!

Cusco offers so many different places to explore. Maximo Nivel will introduce you to a reputable tour company (America Inca Trail) that offers safe and fun tours in town around to the outskirts of Cusco (Machu Picchu).

You will not be disappointed!