The CIEE Teach in Spain program offers the flexibility for you to teach English for 10 months as a Language and Culture Assistant at a public school in the region of Madrid.
You'll spend 16 hours a week supporting local teachers in the classroom and work only four days a week. This will give you plenty of free time to travel, study Spanish, volunteer, or give private English lessons. Our teaching placements are offered throughout the region of Madrid, giving you the diversity of cities and small towns and offering an immersive and local experience!
CIEE will be there to support you every step of the way. In addition to arranging a job for you in Spain, you will receive a high level of pre-departure support including visa application guidance, an online pre-departure course, and international travel and emergency medical insurance. Our 24/7 support and in-country orientation will ensure that you are prepared and connected throughout your entire program.
- Monthly Stipend: 1000 Euros; temporary accommodations during arrival and orientation
- Placement as a Language and Culture Assistant in the region of Madrid
- Four days of orientation in Madrid with topics including housing, banking, residency, health & safety, and more
- Optional: 2-4 week homestay with a local Spanish family - breakfast and dinner included
- Optional: 2-4 weeks of language immersion courses