Teach English in Thailand with Mediakids

Teaching Health in Phrae, Thailand
Teaching Health in Phrae, Thailand
Student life at Nachuakpittayasan
Student life at Nachuakpittayasan
teach aborad, travel, travel adventures, wanderlust, digital nomad, rome, colisseum, roma, colosseo, travel tips
teach in japan, teach esl abroad, travel tips, teach esl, teach english, teach english in japan
teach in thailand, travel to thailand, advice for teachers, travl tips for hot countries, teahcing materials, ESL printable materials, EFL printable worksheets, game templates, worksheets with thai translations
teaching english in thailand
teaching english in thailand
teach english in thailand
teach english in thailand

MediaKids Academy is Thailandโ€™s top English teaching placement provider. If you are looking for a unique life experience while making a difference in the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you! MediaKids has placed and supported thousands of teachers from around the world, providing teachers with the opportunity to fully immerse in the culture and become part of the local community.

Whether you are a recent University graduate looking for a unique life experience or a seasoned professional, we have a position for you. No TEFL or experience? No problem! We are looking for energetic, creative, responsible and culturally sensitive teachers, with a positive attitude and the desire to develop as a teacher. MediaKids provides full training for new teachers, so even novices can feel confident and well-prepared before entering the classroom.

• Experience Thailand through the eyes of the locals as a TEFL teacher, and experience Thailand beyond the beaten path
  • Create a strong network of friends and support system to live, travel, explore, and make memories with
  • Live and teach in Thailand stress-free. Leave everything in the hands of our expert staff from start to finish
  • Teach in a country that acts as a launch pad to the rest of the world - world travel is right at your doorstep!
  • Make a difference in the lives of others by teaching, encouraging, and inspiring your students and local community

• Benefits 7.3
  • Facilities 7.5
Lauren
No, I don't recommend this program

Awful organization

The pay is the lowest in all Thailand. They try to make as much money as they can from you and don't take good care of you. Even if I loved the school I was working in, I would never ever work for Mediakids again.
They don't inform you well about the place where you are going and they can change their minds about your destination whenever they feel like it.
If you are not a native speaker you are worth nothing to them and they will despise you as well as pay you much less than to native speakers, even if you have a masters and teaching experience.
During orientation we weren't told much and when they say they will reimburse you for your visa that's just not true. They give you back 3'000 Baht when just the trip there and getting your visa will cost you over 10'000 plus a visa extension that is another 2'000 so they are not paying for much.
They place you in the accommodation that they want and then you cannot leave it or you would have to pay an entire month's rent as a fee to leave the place.
Once you are in it's difficult to get out so don't do it.
Simply awful.

Salary, communication with HR, trainings, freedom about choosing accommodation, visa reimbursement, etc.
Aletta

Teaching with MediaKids

I've only had good experiences with MediaKids.

They have taken care of everything I've needed since my arrival here in Thailand.
From opening a bank account, purchasing a Thai sim card to the full visa and work permit process.

I was put up in a hotel for orientation. Many cultural norms and etiquette was discussed during the orientation and I found that very helpful. i was taught some basic Thai greetings and given tips on being polite and friendly the Thai way; which is really important when you are a guest in a foreign country.

The first school I was placed at had quite a few teachers from different parts of the world teaching for MediaKids. It was an eye-opener and lovely to be exposed to citizens of even more countries. Lasting friendships were forged and I am grateful for that.

A full curriculum is provided for you, with help at any stage of the game literally a phone call away. Flashcards and test are available to download and print.

The ongoing support from the MediaKids consultants has helped me to grow as a teacher.
I feel confident moving to a new province and teaching and living there knowing that I am supported by the MediaKids staff members.

What was your funniest moment?
Strangest things I ate:
Live, raw, but most specifically raw little prawns. Jumping prawn salad!
Oh, and chunks of raw meat, as in not carpaccio, simply chunks of raw meat!

Funny moments:
The Thai language has many more vowels than we have because of pronunciation.
I've told people that they are very beautiful but because of my incorrect pronunciation I unwittingly wished them bad luck!
Samira
No, I don't recommend this program

Corrupt agency

Media kids has got to be the worst agency that I've ever worked with. Unprofessional, corrupt, and the communication sucks. They do what they want when they want with very little notice to us. And it doesn't matter what your contract says. You get paid once a month at night! I had a good experience in Thailand as I made the best out of my situation. However, the company is very corrupt I highly recommend you run when you see them coming. From the consultants with the strong accents and you trying to make out their words. To expensive paperwork that you need to complete each month. Your promised a reimbursement by the end of the month and then surprise they say oh we'll pay you end of this semester!! They are full of terrible surprises. Say no to media kids.

๐Ÿ’•
Ronnel

ESL-Teacher-Thailand

Hello guys I'm Teacher Nhel and I'm proud to be part of Mediakids Academy. One of the best happened to me here in Thailand is to be an ESL Teacher. Life is really amazing when you're working with great people. I love Thai culture the way they respect teachers. When you love to discover new culture and to travel at the same time mediakids is one of the best company here in Thailand. I've been working with Mediakids for almost four years now and it's really a great experience. Once you're a Teacher you'll never stop sharing your knowledge and you'll never stop learning at the same time. We have different consultants who always there to guide us with our visas, work permit and including our safe accomodation. It's not all about the salary all the time but it's all about how will they treat you in one company. I love Mediakids as it's best. They changed my life to better . I really enjoy working abroad with Mediakids. Life is really amazing to work here in Thailand with Mediakids. I will definitely recommend Mediakids because I've been part of the company since 2015.

PS. Be one of us ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
More power and God bless to all of us๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Your journey begins here. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think Mediakids must provide more seminars and workshop for teachers every semester not only for the new teachers but for all the teachers from Mediakids Academy. So we can gain more knowledge and to share to our students in the future.

Amor jr.

Teaching In Thailand with Mediakids

Working with mediakids is great.Teaching in Thailand is not that easy, but, with Mediakids, everything is flawless, the uneased feeling has lifted because of the supportive staff.At first, it was not easy.I have made some adjustments especially with the culture.The best thing I have done is to learn how to embrace and love theirs as mine.In just more than a month when I realized that I am enjoying and loving my new environment.
If you want to learn and explore, do it while teaching.This is the best place to do such things.I maybe subjective if I say Mediakids is one of the best programs I have worked with but thats how I assess them.I cant imagine myself doing stuffs alone to be legalized as worker in this foreign country, thankful to be with Mediakids.With full support and assistance from the staff, no way to feel alone.

To future travellers, enjoy not only the beauty of Thailand but also explore their great culture and the best way to do it is to teach with Mediakids.
Mazuin

Amazing Adventure in Thailand

My experience as an English teacher here in Thailand is such a fun and amazing adventure. My students are all jolly and participative that makes my classes interactive and fun. Also, my co-teachers are all kind and helpful all the time. Aside from working as an English teacher, I also got ample time to travel and visit different places in Thailand which adds to my rich cultural experiences here. When it comes to the agency, the staff and personnel of the MediaKids Academy are like our family. They are very approachable, reliable and responsible mentors of us. They always respond to our queries and concerns on time. They always make us feel at ease in our work and stay in Thailand. Hence, if ever that someone would like to come in Thailand to teach, I would definitely recommend Mediakids Academy to him/her.

I think it is better if the MediaKids Academy will facilitate some tutorials or extra classes during the semestral break and summer break so that the teachers will have some money to support themselves during the breaks.
Mazuin

Amazing Adventure in Thailand

Heidi

Good Company, Okay Experience

Working for MediaKids has been my first experience teaching abroad and I have to say that they've done a great job at providing support for the logistical challenges of working in Thailand. My cultural consultants were very responsive and reassuring whenever I had questions about immigration, visas, work permits, holidays, or needed someone to help represent my interests to the administration at my placement school.

MediaKids has also provided great tools for my classroom. As a first-time teacher it was incredibly helpful to be given an outline for the semester, as well as recommended vocabulary and suggested classroom activities. At the same time, they give teachers room to personalize their lessons and cater to the varying level of students.

One thing I would note is that there seems to be a lot of disparity in peopleโ€™s experiences working for this company. Some schools are very demanding and strict while others are pretty flexible and low-key. The level of students of the same age also varies from school to school. While my students are mostly polite and eager to learn, I have friends from orientation that have struggled with student behavioral issues and been unable to find support from MediaKids or their placement school. This variety might be unavoidable, due to the number of different schools across the country that use MediaKids ESL teachers, but it is still important to note if youโ€™re considering working for them.

To conclude, it doesnโ€™t seem like MediaKids is above the curve as far as ESL employers in Thailand. The pay and benefits provided by the company seem average for local standards (new teachers at public schools in rural areas). Also, regardless of which company or school you chose to work for, I imagine a lot of your experience living in Thailand will be dependent on your initiative and interests. All that being said, MediaKids is still a solid choice and I would recommend them as my experience being an employee of the company has been a generally good one.

I would suggest MediaKids work on fostering a support network and invest in creating social events and gatherings for their teachers throughout the semester- especially those in more remote areas of Esan. To be entirely honest, one of my main reason for leaving the company after 1 semester is the feeling of social isolation and restricted access to activities Iike yoga, hiking, and camping - things that would typically occupy my free time State-side that are more difficult to recreate in rural Esan. I've been inventive with finding solutions for how to stay active in my free time, but there is still a very small western community in my town and the social isolation has been a struggle.
Max
Max

An Experience to Remember in Thailand

Everyone has their reason for coming to Thailand. Some come for the adventure, some come for the partying, some come for the culture, and some--like me--have come for work. As I got on the plane that would take me to Bangkok for my orientation with MediaKids, I was, understandably, very nervous. Spending four months teaching hundreds of kids who speak a language that I don't seemed particularly daunting. But after the three-day orientation course with MediaKids, that nervousness was largely put to rest. From day one they did their best to quell any fears we had and make everything as clear as possible to us about what we should expect during this chapter of our lives. I left orientation with confidence I didn't expect to have and have never looked back. Yes, I was still a bit nervous on day one of teaching, but, because of MediaKids and their excellent staff, I was prepared. I'm over three months in now and can say that MediaKids still continues to be a delightful company to work for. Just about everyone I interact with from the company is very nice and genuinely cares about any issue I may have. It is quite refreshing to work for a company like them. If someone asks me about teaching English in Thailand, I will definitely speak favorably of MediaKids.

I don't like that we are not given a full-functioning debit card. With the Bangkok Bank card they give us, I am not easily able to make purchases online (for plane tickets, etc.) or even at some stores. Also there is a 15 baht withdrawal fee every time I need cash. Not much, but it adds up.
Rhea

Great Experience

This experience allowed me to be exposed to the Thai culture. I am able to speak a little bit of Thai now. I met many great teachers through this program. They pick you up from the airport, which I thought was great. My Area Consultants were very helpful when I needed them.

My school had a mid semester break. It allowed me to travel to other parts of Thailand on my spare time. I got to visit Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Koh Larn, U-Thong, Korat, and of course Bangkok.

I worked with high school students in Essan. The children can be fun to work with. They have a lot of fun school activities you can observe.

Communication and Organization could be improved.
Carlos

Amazing Experience

Working with MediaKids has been a memorable experience. I am going to continue working with MediaKids because this company is definitely a stepping stone to broaden my horizon, to learn, and teach in many other countries. Although there were emails lost in translation, MediaKids always got back to me with prudent information I was seeking. I will definitely recommend MediaKids to any other person looking to start their career in teaching abroad or simply trying to see the world by learning and teaching.

This program can improve by hiring more staff members assisting with passing crucial information regarding technical requirements ie visas. MediaKids can also improve by replying back to emails more promptly.
Samantha

Teaching changes your life.

Teaching with Media Kids was life changing. I found myself pushing out of my comfort zone all to have the most fun and teach my students the best I could. I grew as a person and came to love all my children along the way. Working with MK was easy, they take care of the legalities of living and working in Thailand, that was the biggest help. I would recommend working with MK and definitely recommend teaching in Thailand.

I think further teacher training would be useful. Especially for beginner ESL Teachers wanting to become better instructors.
Sheralin

Take the leap, start your career teaching in Thailand

If you enjoy the social aspect of life, make sure you posted in an area where there are other foreigners.

When you sign up with Media Kids they do get you to fill out a preference form, they use this form to place you to the best of their ability. Many areas are in rural Thailand but you can make the most out of any situation ๐Ÿ˜‰

Overall my experience has been good. Itโ€™s an awesome opportunity to be able to teach English abroad.

DjNelson

Teaching @ Banthaenwittaya School

This is my first experience teaching in a foreign country and I didn't regret doing it. The experiences I had for the past 3 months plus will make me a better teacher for sure. I got to learn the culture of Thailand through the daily encounter I have with my students and my co-teachers. I will always remember how my colleagues laugh at me when they let me repeat a Thai word which I failed badly. On the other side, Salary-wise , its not that big specially if you have a family to support but I did make the most out of my stay with my school and Mediakids.

Increase the base pay of Filipino teachers. I want to stay with the agency because I enjoyed working with the people and the support they give to the me is awesome but I find it hard to budget the salary I am receiving monthly. If you want your teachers to stick with you at least dont be too stingy with your base pay.
Ellie

Teaching in Thailand

Media kids is a good way to begin your teaching experience in Thailand however I was placed in a location I didnt want and had problems with regards to getting my wages from my Thai bank into my UK and Mediakids also seemed to have no idea how to do this which I was very surprised by.

Very helpful with somethings however I still sometimes felt I did not have the support system they advertised.