Ultimate 120-hour Online TEFL course with Let's TEFL

At Let's TEFL we set out to create the ultimate accredited online TEFL course. Here's how we did it:

The right training:
We took a fresh look at the modern ESL environment, and based our course on 5 key areas:

-Introduction to teaching
-Content for classes
-Teaching skills
-Preparing for lessons
-Managing students

With this training, a mobile-friendly course, and accreditation by WTEFLAC, you'll learn all the essential skills and knowledge with ease.

The right length:
From our experience teaching overseas, we believe any course under 120-hours in length can't provide enough training for new teachers. Similarly, online courses lasting for hundreds of hours fail to truly provide additional value. That's why we created ONE single option - a concise and complete 120-hour course with all you could need.

The right support:
All our course graduates get FREE access to our job placement service + FREE access to our job training course to help you land great, high paid jobs overseas.

• Accredited by The World TEFL Accrediting Commission.
  • Internationally recognized 120-hour TEFL certificate.
  • Fresh, modern approach to TEFL training.
  • Free job placement service.
  • Free employment training course.

• Instruction 9.4
  • Difficulty 7.4
  • Job Assistance 9.3
Val

Thank you Let's TEFL for my certificate and for helping me to find a job so fast!

Completing all of the lessons and quizzes took about 3 weeks. All I did was to study the materials, and make notes just like reading through the text books during school and uni. Then I waited for the weekend before attempting the final exam and assignment. I passed the exam first time, but for the assignment where you must create a lesson plan I needed two attempts. The first time I completely missed the point of the lesson plan, but Justin gave me some really helpful feedback and set me straight. I passed the second attempt with 93/100, and received a copy of the certificate and my assignment feedback by email the same day. The certificate hard copy took about 7 days to arrive, and it also came with my marked assignment.

While I was waiting for the certificate to arrive I also completed the extra course they have for getting ready for interviews and class demos. When I finished that, Justin from Let'sTEFL helped to arrange an interview for me with two schools in China, and this week I have just signed a contract with one of them :) Now they are helping me to get my visa prepared before I fly to China in August. Up to now the whole process has been surprisingly smooth and stress-free. I'm very happy to give my full endorsement to Let'sTEFL and would like to thank Justin particularly for the support he's given.

Raluca

My Let's TEFL review

I had done a load of research before choosing to study with Let's TEFL. I must have emailed 5 different course providers and spent at least 4 hours talking to people about the courses. After talking with Emma on their website for a short time I could see that this was going to be the right course for me. She was able to answer all of my questions immediately - from the course details to visa applications and life in China. It was especially reasassuring to chat with someone who has really been to China before and could give me what I feel is a clear picture of what to expect.
The course was different to what I expected. It was a lot more about theory, and how to apply different teaching principles to a range of sitautions and class types. It was really quite interesting and I feel like it should help me adapt to different classes rather than just working from a text book of materials.
When I finished the course they gave me a digital copy of my certificate and a hard copy was sent to my home, and arrived about a week later.
Now they have found a placement for me in Taiwan and i'm getting the documents ready to apply for my ARC Visa when I arrive.

Mmm i'm not too sure.
My teaching profile
David

Convenient, quick, and excellent support

This was the first time I've tried online learning and i'm very pleased with my decision.

I spent a while looking at different online courses and chose to enrol with Let's TEFL as every time I had a question they replied almost instantly. Even if their tutors were offline, when I left a message asking for a breakdown of the course modules I got an email back within a couple of hours. This support was really handy throughout the rest of the course and even up to today they've been helping me to get my resume together in preparation for applying for their job placement in Sichuan, China. I was a little apprehensive about standing facing a whole class of students as it seems a bit daunting, but after learning how to really prepare for a lesson, and how to get the students to do the work it's been great and I've been practicing with some family and friends without a problem. Being able to talk with experience tutors who have actually been and taught in Asia has also helped to settle my nerves a lot and now i'm really looking forward to starting :)

Danny

The best investment i've made in years!

I recently took the Let's TEFL ultimate 120-hour TEFL course and was able to pass after 3 or 4 weeks of studying. It was a perfect choice for me because I work shifts which change often and needed a course which could fit around my schedule.

I was a little apprehensive about taking an online course but was reassured by their team who answered about a thousand of my questions before enrolling, and even let me try one of their short courses for free.

Everything was very detailed, and each module pieces together well. It's been a good challenge and taught me a LOT about teaching. Now i'm so happy to receive my certificate (which came free!)

Nisha

Worth every penny

For years now i've dreamt of living in Asia and going backpacking. I have finally finished university and decided that it's now or never.

I put a lot of research into which TEFL course I would purchase, and i'm very happy with the course and service from Let's TEFL. Their team must have answered a hundred questions from me before I even enrolled, and they were always happy to help.

Perhaps i'm just a bit of a geek but I enjoyed the course and sitting the quizzes at the end the modules. I wouldn't say it's difficult but it's a good challenge.

When I finished the course I requested that they have the certificate notorised as my friend told me this is useful when applying for jobs in China. They helped me to get this done, and I just paid for the lawyer to have the notorisation done. After this it took just over 2 weeks and I received the certificate - the whole process was very smooth and professional.

Whilst this was happening they also got me an online teaching position where I've been earning £15 per class. Aside from the money it's been very useful at practicing my teaching before starting a real job in China which they've also helped me to find.

I've already earned more than the course fee back since graduating, and i'm thoroughly pleased with the course, their customer support team, and the job support which they've given me.

Emily

Super interesting - highly recommended

I enrolled in this course with my friend as we both decided to go teach english together next year. I think we both found the course to be presently clearly and easy to work through without needing much guidance or support. I found ot particularly useful that you can backtrack and revise previous lessons whenever you need to refresh your memory.

The lessons were easy to understand and actually quite fun as you're actually learning new skills. I would highly recommend undertaking TEFL teacher training through this course.

Emily x

Johnathan

A good course at a reasonable price

I'm happy with the level of understanding i've gained from this course in only a few weeks and feel it has been a worthwhile use of my time and money.

From the start of last year I set about a target of bettering myself and my employability, and have undertaken a range of online classes and courses; including marketing classes, programming and now TEFL teaching. Surprisingly I found this to be one of the more interesting courses as there's a lot of knowledge which can be applied immediately after learning it. For example, I could now plan a lesson for any given scenario, or could analyse a student's motivation factors and find activities to help them stay engaged with my lesson.

If I had one criticism of the course i'd say that it does get a bit dull in the middle, but it wasn't anything unberable.

I can't give a full review of the job placement support at this stage as i'm not able to go teach just yet - but I can say that they have reached out to me to discuss helping me find a job, and it seems like they have opportunities for me.

In summary, i've certainly learned heaps from this course and i'm pleased to have a TEFL qualification under my belt.

A couple of the lessons were a bit long and tedious, but i'm not sure what you could really do about that.
Mark

Thank you Let's TEFL for the great support during my course!

To start with i'd like to thank Emma at Let's TEFL for the great support she provided throughout my enrollment. She was incredibly helpful each time i had a question and made the whole process stress-free.

Apart from the great support, the course material itself provided me with what I feel is a really strong foundation of teaching skills. Some of the things i've learned through this course include:

-How to prepare lesson plans based on methodologies such as PPP, TTT and TBL.
-How to teach tenses such as the Past Perfect Continuous.
-How to alter lessons to engage children/teenagers/adults and also beginners/advanced.
-How to test students using Concept Checking Questions.

Despite growing up with English as my native tongue, I was surprised to see how much of the language I took for granted without understanding the structures behind it - such as with the tenses or categories of verbs etc. To be honest, I wasn’t sure what I could really learn from the course, but I soon realized there’s a big gap between being able to speak English and being able to teach it. Certainly happy to have chosen this TEFL course.

Annie

Fantastic tefl course and job placement!!!

I started the Ultimate 120 Hour TEFL Course just over 6 weeks ago. Since then I was able to complete all of the course's lessons in just under four weeks by studying a little each day.

At the end of the assessment there was a rather substantial assessment where I first had to complete an examination covering all of the previous modules. It took about 30-40 minutes to complete this exam and I passed it first time. After the exam was a written assessment where I had to create a real lesson plan for a choice of two situations. I can’t remember both options, but I chose to do the plan for a class of children. As part of this I had to write an lesson plan, an essay to explain my theory behind the lesson, and show what materials/flashcards I would have used in the lesson. It took a full afternoon of work to complete and submit it all, and after it took 2 days to get the results (a pass).

I received my TEFL certificate by recorded mail today, and have already had an interview arranged for a possible kindergarten position in China.

I would most definitely recommend Let’s TEFL, and have been surprised by the support and service they provided. All my emails were replied to within a day at most, and they’ve been very helpful.

yun lin
Yun

A great TEFL course full of practical information

I currently work for an airline in the middle east and have had the privilege to fly all over the world several times per week. However I had been looking for a way to spend more time in each of these destinations and found that teaching could be a great way to do this. I chose to enroll in the Let’s TEFL 120-Hour Course because I could study around my busy schedule without needing to attend any classes. The job placement service was also a huge bonus.

The course itself was very methodical. You start with some background information on the ESL world and the types of career paths and classes that are available. Then you move on to learning about the foundation material which will go into English lessons. Next you look at different language skills such as speaking and listening, and learn how to help students learn these skills. Then you look at how to plan a lesson which meets the needs of specific classes. And before the final exams you cover how to assess students and control classrooms.

The lessons are focused on giving practical information which can be used in classrooms and I feel it has given me a lot of confidence. I probably won’t start to look for teaching jobs until summer, but it’s good to know I now have the training and can start job searching whenever I wish!

Nikki

Thorough with heaps of support

Let's TEFL delivers a very thorough course with heaps of support. They provided lots of help during the learning process and afterwards with finding a job. Thanks to their guidance i've now passed my TEFL certificate course and have a job in GuangZhuo, China. They put me in contact with a school in China and helped to arrange an interview over skype. The interview was about 40 minutes long in total and that included a chatting about what i'm looking to do, my degree at university, and also a short role play where I had to present a teaching game to the interviewer. A few days later they emailed to offer a job starting in January which I have now accepted. Thank you!! I couldn't be any happier right now.

Some of the lessons were a little long to deal with in one sitting, but apart from that it was all good.
Joshua

A comprehensive and thorough course

I found the let's tefl course to be very thorough. It covered how to teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing to adults and children. It also covered a lot of training on grammar like the different tenses and types of verbs etc. And it also went into planning lessons and preparing classrooms. On the whole i'm very happy with the course and feel it provided me with some really thorough and actionable training.

Charlotte

10/10 recommended!

I couldn't recommend this course any higher. It took me about 5 weeks studying one or two hours per night and some more at the weekends. It didn't really seem like I was studying as the most of the information is so easy to absorb - the different techniques just make sense and after you read them everything just clicks. Some of the more difficult modules needed re-reading a few times - like the conditional sentence structures, but in the end I feel i've got the hang of them and have the techniques to explain them to a class.

Alice

Great job support!!

I enrolled in this tefl course as I finished university last year and have been looking for something interesting to do.

One of the key points that caught my attention was the help with finding a job afterwards, and i’m happy to say that it has certainly lived up to my hopes. I passed the course last week and have already had a Skype interview with a school in China!

Now i’m currently waiting for the results, but feel like it went really well! As part of the interview I had to give a ‘demo class’ which involved the interviewer pretending to be a 12 year old child, and me having to teach them some language. It was quite strange and hard to keep a straight face at first, but Let’s TEFL helped me to prepare for this before hand and the school seemed happy with me.

Wish me luck with the job! And thankyouuu!!

Owen

A comprehensive and thorough course.

I've just finished the 120 hour TEFL course. It's taken me several weeks of working quite intensively through the lessons each day. I wouldn't say it's especially difficult. Everything is really well structured and the lessons include lots of explanation and examples. However, there is quite a lot of content to work through.

I would suggest you set aside 2 hours per day to work through a whole module so that you get the whole picture of what's being taught in one go. So that would mean going through the whole module for teaching speaking to students, or the whole module for motivation techniques etc. I found this helped me keep working through them at a steady pace.

After finishing the lessons you face an assessment with two parts. The first part is a test which covers questions from each of the previous modules. It took about 40 minutes for me to complete. After that there's an assignment where you need to create a lesson plan and some classroom materials. I wasn't really looking forward to this part of the assessment but it was actually a lot of fun and now I can see how important it was to do.

My assessment was marked within 4 days and I received a pass, along with some feedback on how well I did and what I could have improved on.

After passing the TEFL course, there's also another course which opens up and contains a downloadable CV template with a guidance for teaching passing interviews and giving demo classes. The course staff have also reached out to me and have started to arrange some Skype interviews with schools in China. It seems there's some options available in Beijing with offers of around 14k chinese yuan / $2100 which is exciting so far.

About Let's TEFL

At Let’s TEFL our mission is to make it fast, easy, and stress-free to join a life of teaching.

Our Ultimate 120-Hour TEFL course provides everything needed to get started on your journey of a life time - in one single package.