TESOL Course In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam With Guaranteed Job

Vietnam is one of the top undiscovered destinations for teaching English in the world with it's high salaries and low living costs.

The beautiful country, amazing food and friendly locals make for an amazing experience whether you plan to stay for a shorter period or settle long term.

In person training: Nothing beats real life experience and feedback in the classroom which is why we offer a fully in-person month long training to prepare you for and help you land a fantastic high paying job.

Accommodation Included: The course includes accommodation in a private room for the the duration of the month long training - 5 minutes from our training location.​

Guaranteed Job: best of all we guarantee you a job at market rates on completion of the course. We are extremely proud of our 100% success rate and work hard to ensure all our teachers are hired.

• Instruction 9.1
  • Academic Rigor 5.9
  • Job Assistance 8.8
Ramtin

Awesome team

The Ninja Team was awesome! Every team member is just genuinely kind and it is a pleasure to be around such nice people. From day I signed up, I was continuously asked how things are going. It's a detail but when living abroad, it just feels nice to have someone around.

They told me all details for legalizing documents and authenticating them and how to do it before my arrival. Questions which have so many answers on the internet, they were able to answer accurately.

If there is one improvement I can think of, it would be the following:

On the way to a job in Vietnam, as in any other country, there are many things to consider:
1. Which employers are good to work/reputable companies?
2. What questions should be asked in an interview?
3. What are the differences between employers in terms of payrate, working hours, number of hours, atmosphere, professionalism.
etc.
As this information is valuable for everyone, it can be written once and then shared with the community.
Ben

Just do it already!!

The Ninja Teacher staff have been absolutely amazing in helping me get out to Vietnam, providing support in gathering my documents, sorting out my accommodations, and of course making sure I was doing well throughout the course, and even after! I don't see Ninja teacher as a company that I payed (even though I did) but theyre really just a group of cool people that are excited for your new adventure, and they do everything they can to make sure your experience here is successful.

I was worried about "teaching"... I'm not a teacher. But the classes you'll take are a fantastic crash course on how to plan and give a lesson. You learn lesson planning techniques, you observe real English classes, and you complete 7 real teaching practices before the course is over. By the time the course ends you're literally a ninja teacher. Just do it already.

Everything has gone pretty smoothly for me.. and I can't think of anything that needs improvement.
Jasmine

Best decision 😄

I just completed my course on the 13th of September and I definitely think this is one of the best decisions I've made.

I was skeptical of Ninja Tecaher at first because I was curious to see if everything they were saying was true.
But after speaking to someone from ninja teacher and receiving so much support from them, my worries were put to rest.
From the moment I first contacted them back in my home country until now, I have received continued support from the Ninja Teacher team.
If I ever had a question, no matter how silly, Miranda would always provide me with an answer.

The course was quite intensive as I was warned but I still enjoyed it.
I was really nervous to stand in front of real students and teach as I am naturally a very shy person.
But after I got up there a few times, I gained so much confidence.
There's nothing like getting that real practical experience.

I couldn't imagine doing interview demos or teaching in front of students without getting that practical experience first.

I would highly recommend ninja teacher and the TESOL course they offer. They provide a lot of support which is real comfort when you're in a new country.

Dana

No Regrets!

Before deciding to do this course, I already had an online TEFL certificate, so I was debating for a long time if the cost of doing another course was worth it. I have no regrets! The course allowed me to gain confidence in teaching in front of a real class, it allowed me to ease my way into living in an Asian country for the first time by meeting new friends doing the same exact thing and having access to staff members who have been living here for a long time and can provide helpful tips and advice. They also set me up with an interview with one of the most reputable centers in Vietnam and I was offered a job before my course was over! The only negatives I would say is that for the accommodation, some people were put in recently renovated apartments whereas mine was older with a cockroach problem so I felt a little cheated there having paid the same price as everyone else, but it was only for a few weeks. I also felt we were a bit over promised on the potential salaries we could make- we were told to expect $20-$25 an hour but I don’t know anyone from my course who makes more than $17 or $18 to start even after negotiating. This is still more than enough to live comfortably in Vietnam. Overall I would recommend this course to a friend, but I would tell them to be prepared for a lot more work and less free time than I expected. Again, it’s only for a little while!

David

Awesome Support!

I could write about my impressions and go through all the details, but I simply by telling you my outcome...that should speak for itself.

They lined up a job for me before I even finished the course! At one of the best High Schools in Vietnam...”gifted” students. I started working 3 days after course completion with my pay rate at the high end of the scale!

After one week at my new school, I secured a great apartment two blocks away for just $270 per month!

Throughout the entire experience, and still ongoing, Ninja Teacher has been there for me. I have no doubt I made the right decision.

Response from Ninja Teacher

Thanks for your feedback David! We are thrilled that you found such an excellent position and that you're enjoying life in Saigon. We look forward to seeing you around town and at future meet-up events when you're free. Cheers!

Dana

Happy with my decision

I had already done an online TEFL, and for a long time was debating back and forth between just showing up to Vietnam and trying to find a job or going through another course but this time with real teaching practice hours. I don’t know what the first outcome would have been but I don’t regret doing this course! It allowed me to have real teaching practice and build my confidence since I had never taught before, and brought me a whole network of friends and access to helpful resources for life in Vietnam, which made the transition so much easier.

While the teaching practice was great, the course content could be improved, as there were a few times the book says to just “Google” for the answers. Going much less into the theories and methodologies and more into the grammar which is what we’re actually teaching would be much more helpful:)
Response from Ninja Teacher

Hi Dana! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're taking into account your suggestions about the course content and will continue to work to provide excellent training in the TEFL industry. We hope things continue to go well for you in Vietnam and that you're enjoying your travels!

Harrison

Helpful, Friendly and Genuine

I heard about Ninja teacher through a friend who'd recently gone through the program in 2017, after watching a few Youtube videos I decided to schedule a skype call to learn more. I instantly got the feeling these people really cared about making sure I was 100% comfortable before I left.

My first night in Saigon, Alex invited that month's Ninja Teacher group to a rooftop bar on Bui Vien, we drank, played pool, and got dinner together. Periodically through the course Alex stopped by in Go Vap and would ask us to grab lunch and catch up about our feelings on the course, always making an effort to help us have the best experience possible.

When the course finished, our group stayed in touch, and so did Alex, after a few lunches to check up on us, making sure we were content with our job placement and living situations, our meetings became more casual and I consider him to be a good friend.

Ninja teacher has added new members to their team since I arrived who are equally as helpful. I don't think there's been a question I've had that Miranda hasn't been able to answer.

I would say without a doubt, Ninja Teacher has made the transition into living the expat life in Saigon as seamless as possible. 10/10 would recommend!

Harrison

Helpful, Friendly and Genuine

Response from Ninja Teacher

Thanks for the review Harrison! We loved having you on board and are happy that you've continued to be an active member of the Ninja Teacher community.

Ryan

TESOL With A Community

I completely recommend this course. Taking a leap and flying to Vietnam is such an incredible step in its own right that having a whole supporting network there when you land is amazing. Vietnam and teaching had always been on my mind, yet the idea of flying around the world to a place I'd never been was quite the anxiety inducer.

I first found the course through the YouTube videos. I couldn't believe there were countless videos depicting the day-to-day of Vietnamese life as well as a program already in place to bring out interested teachers. After binge watching hours of Ninja Teacher videos, I felt like I could trust the program and decided it was time to take the leap. I met over Skype with one of the advisors, asked 12,000 questions, received 12,000 answers, was accepted into the course, fist pumped, then bought a plane ticket.

I'd had a taste of English tutoring living in Spain, but the idea of teaching full time was a bit scary. Public speaking, classroom management techniques, lesson planning, the course addresses it all. Most of all I am glad I went with Ninja Teacher because of the social community that comes with it. Even now, I still have many lasting friendships that I made through Ninja Teacher.

Response from Ninja Teacher

Hi Ryan! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope you're doing well and that you've been enjoying living and teaching in Saigon!

Alex

2018 Graduate of the Course

For those interested in teaching English in a country abroad, there are a few things I hope I can offer so as to make your decision a little easier. Ninja Teacher is a recruiting company (like several others) that will be sending you to the AVSE (Australia-Vietnam School of English) where you will be taught your TESOL course. Therefore, if you are wanting more information on the school, faculty, and course material, you can visit the school's page directly (http://avse.edu.vn/).

The difference in signing up for the AVSE course through Ninja Teacher is that Alex or one of his employees makes themselves available to answer questions regarding the course and your move abroad. He will also arrange for a group meet up prior to the start of the course so that you can get to meet some of the other students that signed up at AVSE through his recruiting company.

As soon as you register and reserve your spot in the course ($$$), you are contacted by the director at AVSE, at which time your subsequent questions and concerns can be directed to him (Peter Gouge). He will also be who you communicate with should you wish to be picked up from the airport (which can be maddeningly busy) and the staff at AVSE will be the ones working with you to find a job upon completion of the course.

So really it comes down to the type of person you are and your needs. If you're looking for a way to get to know some of your classmates before your course starts at AVSE, sign up through a recruiter like Ninja Teacher for sure! If you want to deal with your the school and staff directly, you can just sign up through AVSE. Different strokes for different folks!

I think this program could be improved by proudly stating what it is (a recruiting company). I, and several of my classmates, felt like Ninja Teacher claimed to be it's own entity (it's own school with its own material and it's own services). When we found out that it was simply a recruiter for the school, it just felt misleading and I was disappointed in the use of that tactic simply to make money.
Response from Ninja Teacher

Hi Alex,

We're sorry to hear that you felt misled in regards to the services provided by Ninja Teacher. We take your input seriously and appreciate you filling out a review.

We can assure you that we updated our policy approximately 8 months ago to ensure that our relationship with our course partner is explicitly stated during the recruitment process. Interested course candidates are informed that Ninja Teacher provides additional support through the course and throughout their time in Vietnam, as needed, at no additional cost.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope you're doing well!

Regards,

Ninja Teacher

No, I don't recommend this program
David

An easy way to do something quite hard

I finished the course last month, and found it to be a challenging, enjoyable, and a very worthwhile decision. It's not easy to make a step like this, and for me it was certainly a big jump, but it's certainly made a lot easier when you have the kind of active support system provided by Ninja Teacher. Before the course I had searched online for information regarding different TESOL/TEFL programs, and the logistics relating to teaching English abroad and moving to Asia. I stumbled upon Alex's videos and found them very helpful and informative, providing a balanced view of life in Vietnam as a foreign English teacher. I remember sending an email just asking for some details about one of the courses, and within no time, Miranda responded and the next thing I knew I was talking about it via Skype with Alex.

The main questions and concerns I had were addressed in videos that Alex had made on YouTube, but for everything else I relied on the various Ninja Teacher Facebook groups, which I highly recommend as a means of support and information. The whole business about work permits, visas, document legalisation, and so on, can at first be troublesome to try and deal with, but with a whole network of other people doing the exact same thing, it becomes a breeze. I even got to know a couple of people I would end up being on the course with beforehand through the Facebook groups, which is another invaluable thing.

I was initially scheduled to do one of the TESOL courses in March, but due to sudden and unforeseen personal circumstances, I had to stay in the UK for another month. Even though this was only a few days before my course was due to start, Miranda, Alex, and others at Ninja Teacher were very responsive and I was informed about what my options were very quickly. I was able to seamlessly transfer to another course and everything went smoothly after that.

Both during and after the course, the team at Ninja Teacher offered guidance and support. They checked up on me to see how I was getting on and to make sure things were going okay., which of course they were.

I highly recommend you go through Ninja Teacher if you're thinking of doing a TESOL course, as they will not just try to recruit you, but will actually offer a priceless network of support and and guidance. You'll be very glad you did it this way.

Response from Ninja Teacher

Hi David,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

It was a pleasure working with you, and we hope you're enjoying your time teaching English in Vietnam!

Cheers,

Ninja Teacher

Miranda

Great experience with Ninja Teacher

I did the Ninja Teacher course in October/November and am so happy that I did. I was very nervous to make the leap and come to Vietnam to teach, especially with no prior teaching experience. The course prepared me for working here and provided me with the tools I needed to succeed and deliver quality lessons to my students. Alex and the team were welcoming and supportive, and the community that was provided was the best part of my experience. I made life-long friends in my course and am really grateful that I found Ninja Teacher.

The more students that come through each month, the better the community is, so the best way would be to keep recruiting awesome people from around the world!
Luke

HIghly Recommended

Ninja Teacher was superb in helping me make the move from the U.S. to Vietnam. For someone who has never lived abroad before, making a decision such as this was very intimidating at first. But knowing that I had a support system during the transition made the process so much smoother. As far as the TESOL course goes, I thought that it did a very good job preparing me to be an ESL instructor. It was very challenging at times and it forced me to step outside my comfort zones when I wasn't prepared to do so. Overall, it provides a solid experience of what to expect when you move out into the marketplace and look for a job. I truly do believe this is much better than acquiring your TESOL certificate online. I'm happy with the service and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to start teaching English in Asia.

Davin

100% Cosign !

I highly recommend and endorse Ninja Teacher. Both Alex and Jaclyn have made this experience both easy and fun. What sets Ninja Teacher apart from it competing agencies is the personal attention you receive as a TESOL student. Alex and Jaclyn are both very personable in the sense that they are literally an email or Facebook message away, and yes they are quick and responsive.
When dealing with a well-oiled operation such as this, there was not one doubt in my mind that Ninja Teacher would not deliver what was promised on their end. No later then 1-week after graduating the TESOL course, my peers and I were had several interviews and job offers. All my questions and concerns were addressed in a prompt, friendly and professional manner. The ninja teacher community is very pleasant and personable, not once did I feel like I was a customer.
It takes a great deal of audacity and courage in moving to a foreign country and starting a new life, however, Alex, Jaclyn and Ninja Teacher made this a seamless and smooth transition.

100% cosign,

-Davin

Maybe have a guide on the districts in Vietnam?
Not too much I can mention, most questions are answered through the YOUTUBE videos.

Response from Ninja Teacher

Thanks for your feedback Davin!

We hope things are going well for you here in Saigon. Cheers!

Wesley

Life-Changing Experience

I remember earlier this year, sitting behind a desk being unfulfilled with my life. I knew I needed a change and I decided to take part in the TESOL program through Ninja Teacher. Having watched Alex’s videos, I was curious as to whether teaching English in Vietnam would give me the sense of adventure I was looking for. While I was a bit skeptical at first, my mind was quickly put at ease by Pavina from the Ninja Teacher team who was very helpful in answering all my questions. Before I knew it, I was on a plane to Ho Chi Minh City. My thoughts racing, wondering if life in Vietnam could really be as good as it appears in Alex’s videos. When I first arrived, the organized chaos of Ho Chi Minh City was pretty daunting, however, Ninja Teacher’s incredible support network helped me to quickly adjust to life in Vietnam. I was shocked to get frequent messages from the Ninja Teacher team to make sure I was doing well and offer to provide assistance I needed.

The instructors in the TEFL program were EXTREMELY thorough in demonstrating different teaching methods. While the course was rigorous, the combination of in-class instruction and practical teaching experience made me feel confident in my teaching abilities. After completing the course, I had received three competing job offers, something that would have been unthinkable for me back home. Having been teaching in Vietnam for three months now, I can honestly say enrolling in the TEFL course through Ninja Teacher was one of the best decisions I ever made. Take it from someone who had no clue what he was getting into, your time in Vietnam will be life-changing. I feel very fortunate to have made friendships that will last a lifetime and touch the lives of countless students. I can’t thank Ninja Teacher enough for their support in what has been an incredible adventure.

My TESOL course in Ho Chi Minh City was provided through a TESOL school in partnership with Ninja Teacher. When I was first contacted by the school, I was confused as to who they were. I had no reason to worry as the instruction and support were excellent as noted above. I feel that more information regarding the TESOL course providers would have made me feel a little more comfortable before leaving.

About Ninja Teacher

Ninja Teacher was founded in 2013 with the goal of making it easy to start teaching English in Asia.

Our YouTube channel has over 3 million views, features helpful tips and day-in-the-life videos about teaching and living in countries such as South...