TESOL Course In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam With Guaranteed Job

Vietnam is one of the top undiscovered destinations for teaching English in the world with it's high salaries and low living costs.

The beautiful country, amazing food and friendly locals make for an amazing experience whether you plan to stay for a shorter period or settle long term.

In person training: Nothing beats real life experience and feedback in the classroom which is why we offer a fully in-person month long training to prepare you for and help you land a fantastic high paying job.

Accommodation Included: The course includes accommodation in a private room for the the duration of the month long training - 5 minutes from our training location.​

Guaranteed Job: best of all we guarantee you a job at market rates on completion of the course. We are extremely proud of our 100% success rate and work hard to ensure all our teachers are hired.

• Instruction 9
  • Difficulty 5.4
  • Job Assistance 8.2
Alex

2018 Graduate of the Course

For those interested in teaching English in a country abroad, there are a few things I hope I can offer so as to make your decision a little easier. Ninja Teacher is a recruiting company (like several others) that will be sending you to the AVSE (Australia-Vietnam School of English) where you will be taught your TESOL course. Therefore, if you are wanting more information on the school, faculty, and course material, you can visit the school's page directly (http://avse.edu.vn/).

The difference in signing up for the AVSE course through Ninja Teacher is that Alex or one of his employees makes themselves available to answer questions regarding the course and your move abroad. He will also arrange for a group meet up prior to the start of the course so that you can get to meet some of the other students that signed up at AVSE through his recruiting company.

As soon as you register and reserve your spot in the course ($$$), you are contacted by the director at AVSE, at which time your subsequent questions and concerns can be directed to him (Peter Gouge). He will also be who you communicate with should you wish to be picked up from the airport (which can be maddeningly busy) and the staff at AVSE will be the ones working with you to find a job upon completion of the course.

So really it comes down to the type of person you are and your needs. If you're looking for a way to get to know some of your classmates before your course starts at AVSE, sign up through a recruiter like Ninja Teacher for sure! If you want to deal with your the school and staff directly, you can just sign up through AVSE. Different strokes for different folks!

I think this program could be improved by proudly stating what it is (a recruiting company). I, and several of my classmates, felt like Ninja Teacher claimed to be it's own entity (it's own school with its own material and it's own services). When we found out that it was simply a recruiter for the school, it just felt misleading and I was disappointed in the use of that tactic simply to make money.
No, I don't recommend
David

An easy way to do something quite hard

I finished the course last month, and found it to be a challenging, enjoyable, and a very worthwhile decision. It's not easy to make a step like this, and for me it was certainly a big jump, but it's certainly made a lot easier when you have the kind of active support system provided by Ninja Teacher. Before the course I had searched online for information regarding different TESOL/TEFL programs, and the logistics relating to teaching English abroad and moving to Asia. I stumbled upon Alex's videos and found them very helpful and informative, providing a balanced view of life in Vietnam as a foreign English teacher. I remember sending an email just asking for some details about one of the courses, and within no time, Miranda responded and the next thing I knew I was talking about it via Skype with Alex.

The main questions and concerns I had were addressed in videos that Alex had made on YouTube, but for everything else I relied on the various Ninja Teacher Facebook groups, which I highly recommend as a means of support and information. The whole business about work permits, visas, document legalisation, and so on, can at first be troublesome to try and deal with, but with a whole network of other people doing the exact same thing, it becomes a breeze. I even got to know a couple of people I would end up being on the course with beforehand through the Facebook groups, which is another invaluable thing.

I was initially scheduled to do one of the TESOL courses in March, but due to sudden and unforeseen personal circumstances, I had to stay in the UK for another month. Even though this was only a few days before my course was due to start, Miranda, Alex, and others at Ninja Teacher were very responsive and I was informed about what my options were very quickly. I was able to seamlessly transfer to another course and everything went smoothly after that.

Both during and after the course, the team at Ninja Teacher offered guidance and support. They checked up on me to see how I was getting on and to make sure things were going okay., which of course they were.

I highly recommend you go through Ninja Teacher if you're thinking of doing a TESOL course, as they will not just try to recruit you, but will actually offer a priceless network of support and and guidance. You'll be very glad you did it this way.

Miranda

Great experience with Ninja Teacher

I did the Ninja Teacher course in October/November and am so happy that I did. I was very nervous to make the leap and come to Vietnam to teach, especially with no prior teaching experience. The course prepared me for working here and provided me with the tools I needed to succeed and deliver quality lessons to my students. Alex and the team were welcoming and supportive, and the community that was provided was the best part of my experience. I made life-long friends in my course and am really grateful that I found Ninja Teacher.

The more students that come through each month, the better the community is, so the best way would be to keep recruiting awesome people from around the world!
Luke

HIghly Recommended

Ninja Teacher was superb in helping me make the move from the U.S. to Vietnam. For someone who has never lived abroad before, making a decision such as this was very intimidating at first. But knowing that I had a support system during the transition made the process so much smoother. As far as the TESOL course goes, I thought that it did a very good job preparing me to be an ESL instructor. It was very challenging at times and it forced me to step outside my comfort zones when I wasn't prepared to do so. Overall, it provides a solid experience of what to expect when you move out into the marketplace and look for a job. I truly do believe this is much better than acquiring your TESOL certificate online. I'm happy with the service and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to start teaching English in Asia.

Davin

100% Cosign !

I highly recommend and endorse Ninja Teacher. Both Alex and Jaclyn have made this experience both easy and fun. What sets Ninja Teacher apart from it competing agencies is the personal attention you receive as a TESOL student. Alex and Jaclyn are both very personable in the sense that they are literally an email or Facebook message away, and yes they are quick and responsive.
When dealing with a well-oiled operation such as this, there was not one doubt in my mind that Ninja Teacher would not deliver what was promised on their end. No later then 1-week after graduating the TESOL course, my peers and I were had several interviews and job offers. All my questions and concerns were addressed in a prompt, friendly and professional manner. The ninja teacher community is very pleasant and personable, not once did I feel like I was a customer.
It takes a great deal of audacity and courage in moving to a foreign country and starting a new life, however, Alex, Jaclyn and Ninja Teacher made this a seamless and smooth transition.

100% cosign,

-Davin

Maybe have a guide on the districts in Vietnam?
Not too much I can mention, most questions are answered through the YOUTUBE videos.

Wesley

Life-Changing Experience

I remember earlier this year, sitting behind a desk being unfulfilled with my life. I knew I needed a change and I decided to take part in the TESOL program through Ninja Teacher. Having watched Alex’s videos, I was curious as to whether teaching English in Vietnam would give me the sense of adventure I was looking for. While I was a bit skeptical at first, my mind was quickly put at ease by Pavina from the Ninja Teacher team who was very helpful in answering all my questions. Before I knew it, I was on a plane to Ho Chi Minh City. My thoughts racing, wondering if life in Vietnam could really be as good as it appears in Alex’s videos. When I first arrived, the organized chaos of Ho Chi Minh City was pretty daunting, however, Ninja Teacher’s incredible support network helped me to quickly adjust to life in Vietnam. I was shocked to get frequent messages from the Ninja Teacher team to make sure I was doing well and offer to provide assistance I needed.

The instructors in the TEFL program were EXTREMELY thorough in demonstrating different teaching methods. While the course was rigorous, the combination of in-class instruction and practical teaching experience made me feel confident in my teaching abilities. After completing the course, I had received three competing job offers, something that would have been unthinkable for me back home. Having been teaching in Vietnam for three months now, I can honestly say enrolling in the TEFL course through Ninja Teacher was one of the best decisions I ever made. Take it from someone who had no clue what he was getting into, your time in Vietnam will be life-changing. I feel very fortunate to have made friendships that will last a lifetime and touch the lives of countless students. I can’t thank Ninja Teacher enough for their support in what has been an incredible adventure.

My TESOL course in Ho Chi Minh City was provided through a TESOL school in partnership with Ninja Teacher. When I was first contacted by the school, I was confused as to who they were. I had no reason to worry as the instruction and support were excellent as noted above. I feel that more information regarding the TESOL course providers would have made me feel a little more comfortable before leaving.
Taylor

Far above expectations

I have always played live music, but when I decided to do it full time after I finished my commerce degree it started to feel too much like a job. I decided I needed a change of scenery and I wasn’t (and I am still not) ready for the corporate world. I have some basic teaching experience, so I was researching TESOL in SE Asia and found Alex’s videos – he made me feel so at ease about the decision and Vietnam looked like just the place for me. So, in February 2017 my girlfriend and I decided to enroll in the June course offered by Ninja Teacher. We left Cape Town on 19 May and spent two weeks in Thailand before heading to Ho Chi Minh City!

The course was a ton of fun. We met an amazing group of people who we still see regularly since we finished our course, and the ongoing support from the school is incredible. Within two weeks of finishing we found great jobs; the school arranged an interview for us, and we arranged a couple of our own. Otherwise, we received so much inside information on how the market and system works in Vietnam, along with daily networking and teaching practices that filled us with confidence to go into the TESOL workforce.

I am teaching predominantly children and teens, ranging from ages 5-7 to 14-17, with as few as 11 students in one class and never more than 22 students. My wage is a dreamy $19/hr (far better than I’d be being paid at home) and I am working roughly 80hrs-100hrs per month. Living expenses are very low and after we have put some extra furniture in our awesome new apartment I’ll be able to save 50% or more of my salary without even tightening the belt.

Most importantly, I have fallen in love with Vietnam and the people who live here. They are kind and helpful and want you to be happy here. The pollution levels took a bit of getting used to, but an air purifier at home and a pollution mask when I’m riding the scooter helps a lot.

I would suggest to anyone who is looking to spice up their lives to look into teaching English in SE Asia and contacting Ninja Teacher. It allows you to create opportunities, change the lives of people you have never met, all the while giving you the opportunity to experience a new life and save some cash.

Angie

Great introduction to the world of ESL

I recently completed the Ninja Teacher course and highly recommend it to those considering teaching in Vietnam. Having been to Vietnam before, I thought this would be a great place to start the adventure. The course is a perfect way to prepare for an English teaching career and offers a great introduction to Vietnam. You're provided with a ready-made group of friends, which makes the adjustment period a whole lot easier. I'm glad I found Ninja Teacher and would recommend the course to anyone!

Jason

My Ninja Teacher Experience

Moving to another continent is a big change, and the process of training, finding work, meeting new friends and finding a place to live is a challenge. The Ninja Teacher endorsed program made all of these things streamlined and organic by teaching essential information as well as providing me with a high value TEFL certificate. Additionally, I have met some diverse, interesting people along the way. They were all in the exact same position as me so it was very easy to find house-mates and new friends. Thank you to the Ninja Teacher and partners! -Jason Metters, England!

Amanda

Smooth and easy transition to Viet Nam because of Ninja Teacher!

Ninja Teacher was an amazing help during my transition period to Vietnam. Once I got the seed planted in my head that I wanted to go abroad, Alex's videos helped build trust that Ninja Teacher was legitimate and not one of many scams on the market. His videos answered more than just things regarding the TEFL certification - many questions that an expat faces: how to get a visa, set up a foreign bank account, or what to expect apartments to look like. In addition to watching his YouTube videos, setting a Skype interview with other staff members of Ninja Teacher helped answer individual questions pertaining to my unique situation.

My TESOL course was through a partner of Ninja Teacher and they were undergoing administrative changes when I graduated. This led to some wrinkles, but they have been ironed out now. The guaranteed job is in Vietnam, but since I had a particular city I wanted to live in, I did all the job searching independently. They offer endless assistance if you want to work in HCMC or Ha Noi. Of course, there are going to be minor setbacks that everybody has to handle, but those are much easier to take care of in person, IN Vietnam. But all the worries that I had, that my parents had, that my friends wondered ahead of time, were sorted out by Ninja Teacher. I never felt concerned about transitioning, thanks to Ninja Teacher!

I felt that the course was too easy at times and that I wished there was more emphasis on teaching grammar to the teachers rather than a "you'll pick it up as you go" attitude. I also wished I still had contact with anyone at the school, but nearly everyone that worked there when I took the course is now gone.

About Ninja Teacher

Ninja Teacher was founded in 2013 with the goal of making it easy to start teaching English in Asia.

Our YouTube channel has over 2 million views, features helpful tips and day-in-the-life videos about teaching and living in countries such as South...