Vietnam 150 Hour in-Class TESOL Course With Paid Job

tesol course classroom
tesol course classroom
building with bar inside and uncovered
building with bar inside and uncovered

Want to travel and earn? Get TESOL certified to teach English abroad!

Vietnam has attractive salaries compared to the cheap living costs, so teaching in Vietnam allows you to live a great lifestyle in this bustling, energetic young nation as well as the ability to save money during your time here.

We certify you to teach English, even if you have no previous experience, through our internationally recognized TESOL course, help you find a lucrative teaching position and begin teaching abroad.

Our program at Ninja Teacher Academy includes an internationally-recognized TESOL certificate, 4 weeks of in-class training, practical teaching hours, job placement assistance, and more! We pride ourselves on our community, and work hard to create an environment that produces enthusiastic, well-trained teachers who are ready to enter the market here in Vietnam (and around the world).

Ninja Teacher is the leading TEFL company in Vietnam, with over 600 alumni in our network.

• Support: Vietnam-based Academy with friendly team.
  • Fun: Social community and networking events.
  • Professional: extensive connections to jobs and opportunities.
  • Training: quality English teacher TESOL training.
  • Cultural: Welcoming weekend rooftop party and city tour.

2020 Program Spots Filling Fast!

There are now only ​4 SPOTS LEFT on our February 2020 course, and we expect these to fill quickly!

Enrollment on the March and April programs is increasing as well, and once the February program closes, we anticipate a surge in sign-ups to these programs (as the teachers who were hoping to get started in February push their start date back).

We recommend reserving your spot for our early 2020 programs soon before enrollment closes!

• Instruction 9.7
  • Academic Rigor 8.7
  • Job Assistance 9.8
umar

Quickly becoming a foremost name in Vietnam's ESL teaching community.

I am rather a skeptical person in terms of if "something sounds too good to be true". However, in this case Ninja Teacher do deliver!

Everyone on here has told you how it prepares you for actual practical living in Vietnam, aswell as teaching. So I do not want to dwell on that as it has been said.

I will comment on the fact that Ninja teacher gas such extensive contacts in the ESL teaching field, in Vietnam, that it can easily help you find recruitment. I myself found recruitment through a Ninja Teacher connection and I couldn't be happier with my choice if company and job. I have talked to several teachers who did their TESOL online or through some next academy, and they are not working for the best of companies or schools. Thanks Ninja!

What was your funniest moment?
It is not actually a particular funniest moment. It's just that every expat teacher seems to be connected to Ninja Teacher in a roundabout way!
Devon

An introduction to teaching and Saigon living

My experience with Ninja Teacher provided me with the tools and skills necessary to succeed as an English teacher in Saigon. The hands on experience let me see first-hand what to expect when entering the workforce. In addition to this, the Ninja Teacher team acted as a support system for us as we navigated our way through Saigon living. They offered advice on where to live, work, and other useful tips when moving to a new country. I did find a lot of the content is geared towards teaching young children in learning centers, so if you are thinking of working in public schools some of the content might not be totally relevant.Overall I would highly recommend Ninja Teacher to those thinking of coming to Saigon and pursuing their dream of teaching English.

Try to branch out and interact with locals just as much as the expats here. It will enrichen your experience.
Alex

Great support

For someone nervous to take the leap and move to and work in a different country, Ninja Teacher is an excellent choice. They give you a sense of community and make you feel extremely prepared for teaching. Honestly, probably more prepared than you'll need (considering the standard of teacher/employment here). However, you should care about giving the best support to your students as possible so don't be upset you paid more to be more prepared than other teachers. This course is extremely focused on teaching young learners at English centers though. So if you really know you just want to teach adults I might go a different route. They give top notch instruction on life in Vietnam though and help with so many essential basics. The help they give you job hunting is extremely valuable. Overall would recommend.

Lisa

Excellent course and community

I found this course essential for my experience in Vietnam. Not only did they provide me with all the necessary tools to help me with becoming a teacher in Vietnam they also helped adjust to life here. They helped with everything from where to find accommodation, bike rentals, just generally everything to help me settle into a country that is very different from my own. The course is so much more that a tesol certificate (which is absolutely vital to teach legally in Vietnam) they introduce you to a community that is more than happy to help you with every query or difficulties you may be having. The location of the ninja teacher academy is perfect as it is very central (next to Ben than market) so you can discover your surroundings on your lunch break. On the first week of the course, we had to observe classrooms which really helped a lot as I knew what to expect and it prepared me for my own solo teaching classes that would take place in the final week. I would 100% do it all over again.

This company tick all the boxes. I can’t find anything they need to improve on. They looked after my every need.
Lisa

Best course!

I’m so glad I stumbled upon ninja teacher. My experience in Vietnam would have been a lot different without them. Not only did they teach me how to actually teach in a classroom setting, they taught me to compose lesson plans and generally provided me with all necessary tools I needed to teach in this country. They helped with accommodation information, where to rent/buy bikes, all the information you need really. They have such a good support system which I still take advantage of 7 months after my course.

Ninja teacher also has a great community of alumni who all have no problem helping you if you need advise.

Ninja teacher is so much more than a tesol certificate (which can I add is absolutely vital) they are like a family who hold your hand and welcome you here with open arms.

Meggie

Ninja Review

I thought the course was pretty straight forward. Intense in the beginning and then more preparation for teaching life in Vietnam towards the end. I think it would be helpful to address the options earlier in the course because saving it all for the last week was a bit of an information overload and then people are rushing into decisions because of finances. I might try to rearrange that organizational part of that aspect. I also was unaware that we would be responsible for finances like getting transportation to and from classes if it was on the weekend or on the way back. That money really adds up when you're on a budget. I didn't like that we didn't get say in the times of our lessons or observations and that some of them were very inconvenient times but still a requirement. I would recommend this course if you are looking for top notch preparation to be a teacher but for someone who just wants to work short term and teach abroad I would recommend they just come because they will find a teaching job with or without a TESOL certificate.

I would make it less primary age focused and equally incorporate other age ranges in the activities and so on.
Liberty

Worth Every Penny!

Ninja Teacher Academy was such and amazing experience! I was excited to go to class everyday and learn from knowledgeable trainers. I have finished the course will all the skills and confidence I need to become a great ESL teacher in Vietnam!

This course was not easy, it was a long month of practice and learning. Ninja Teacher makes sure that you have everything you need to succeed though. We went through a bunch of learning modules, three teaching observations, one peer teaching, and three solo teachings at real schools located in Ho Chi Minh City.

Ninja Teacher has such a great reputation and strong connections in the city. Learning centers know who Ninja Teacher is and the quality of teachers they produce. Everyone in our class was getting job offers right away!

Overall just a great experience!

Jacob

TESOL Certofication

Ninja Academy is a great organization and there is not a better way to get tesol certified. The actual class provided me with a massive amount of information and techniques to become a very effective teacher. The benefits did not stop there. Ninja Academy hosts numerous events that encourage current students, alumni, and staff to get to know each other. Ninja Academy also provides a vast amount of resources to their students that we are able to access long after completion of the course. Following the completion, Ninja’s staff took nearly total control of the job search. This course is for more than just the certificate, but also lifelong information and relationships and full grasp of what it means to be a great teacher. I have a full time position and can already see how prepared I am because of Ninja Academy.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve racking moment was preparing for my first of three solo teaching periods. With the help of the teachers and staff at Ninja I created a lesson plan and fully understood the most efficient way to project it. That confidence in the material let me get over the nerves and perform great.
LEO

Everything you're hoping for and more

So this will sound like a paid promotion, I really have nothing bad to say about Ninja Teacher Academy, and I do not want to force myself to find any flaw in their program. Of course, I wasn't paid or given anything to write this review, there is just some love to share. The only small technical concerns I had with the program, I told the team and they rectified them within a few days.

There are lots of TESOL programs out there and making a choice is tough. I chose Ninja Teacher amongst all of them because they looked human to me. Real people, not a faceless bland corporation.

I was part of the July 2019 Class and I wasn't disappointed. NTA is as organic as an educational program can be. Alex and his team are real people that will care about your wellbeing and your progress every day. They will send you messages regularly before, during and after the program to make sure you are doing well. They'll do everything in their power to make sure the transition from your old life to your life in Vietnam is as easy and seamless as can be.

Some of my friends in the program went through real personal hardships during the training and I have seen the extra hours and stress that the NTA team put themselves under to offer you a personalized safe space and support system for you to achieve your goals.

I was a teacher back home before the program and I can also certify that the training, although intensive, will teach you how to teach from A to Z, so do not worry if you never had any experience teaching before.

I took part in many programs in my life but NTA is more than a program, it's my Vietnamese foster family.
If you have any question to ask about my experience with NTA, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Tony

Love it and really reccomend it.

Great practical in class lessons that guide you properly how to teach and lesson plan. The staff there miranda, chi, kyle, and alex are amazing and will go above and beyond to help you grow as a teacher and secure a job. It is expensive versus the traditional online tesol but with out it I would be lost. Will always recommend Ninja teacher academy to any new coming teachers to Vietnam.

Trying to allow us to observe bigger better centres in hopes of observing what a good teacher is like.
Trevor

Ninja Teacher TESOL Course is Fantastic

If you are looking to get your TESOL certificate then this is the place to go. The value of the material, support staff, and credibility of the name Ninja Teacher in HCMC are worth their weight in gold. I feel prepared and ready to teach after the high intensity one month course and they helped me land a job almost immediately! The Ninja Teacher name really helped me open doors I wouldn’t have been able to open as someone with no previous teaching experience. Cannot recommend enough for people looking to teach English and travel or lower debt. The ability to have so much help means that you can focus on why you came and don’t have to figure everything out by yourself! Great program run by great people! They made it really easy to acclimate to life in Vietnam and were really helpful getting everyone on the same page and right into the class.

Make sure you plan for a full month long course. There are several observations and you will be solo teaching in schools and these fall outside of the 9-4 class schedule so you will be busy learning for the whole month don’t make any travel plans before you get your schedule!
Peter

Classy

To be honest.... This company is going places!!!! The course in its entirety has really impressed me. I have learned so much, being exposed to fundamentals of education, and feel it has made me a well rounded educator. It has definitely set me up to great things here in Vietnam, all thanls to Alex, Kyle, Angie, Miranda, Chi and Steph... You guys have been amazing and I am so grateful that I made the decision to do this course... All the best Ninja#!! The sky is the limit! You have set a great example and have provided a professional environment for people to thrive... The course as a whole, impressive!!! The integration into Vietnam, the assistance that has been provided, has been amazing, you guys have covered all the fundamentals to make life and teaching abroad a very exciting one.

Arifa

Highly recommend

A really fun and informative course! Continuous support from the course coordinators. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to teach in Vietnam! This course is ideal for avid travellers as it’s short and has a lot of information packed into 4 weeks! The course is definately intense but worth it ! If you are considering to teach abroad this course would be the ideal choice! Excellent teacher trainer who is very receptive to constructive criticism and feedback ! This course teaches patience and all the skills one would need to teach any age group ! There is a lot of room for growth within the course. The small class sizes allows students to grow and have one to one support if needed ! A very well equipped team with a lot of knowledge understanding and empathy !!!!

I would suggest sending trainees to the same or similar locations for observations so save of taxi costs as most of the locations are far from the centre.
Michael

Great

A very memorable, fun and exciting experience.

It was a month of engaging activities and it was very intensive. I thought it would be more chill and less work but this felt a little like the end of the year exams in college. But overall from this course, i have learned a lot and developed a lot of valuable skills and assets that will definitely help me devleop as a person. I have to thank Kyle and all my classmates for giving me such a wonderful experience and time. They are great people who come from all walks of life and because of them, i am able to learn a lot and understand their different cultures and life story.

I would definitely recommend this course to future friends or family or even to anyone that wants to be a teacher but dont know where to start.

A little less intensive would be nicer. This course was packed in the 1 month time so there was a lot of work and lesson planning.