Volunteer in Ghana | Most Affordable Projects Starting From $270

Volunteering Solutions, in association with local organizations in Ghana, has been aiming to improve the lives of the underprivileged societies by making a real impact in the lives of the people. If you are a high school or college student looking for the perfect program for your summer break, then you can be a part of the Summer Volunteering Program in Ghana and spend 3 weeks in the country, working & traveling!

There's a wide range of projects available, including Orphanage Volunteering Program, Sports Coaching Volunteering Program, Healthcare Program, Girls' Education Program, Teaching Program and Community Development Program. Other than that, those who have a time crunch yet wants to volunteer in Ghana, can join the 2 Weeks Special Program. All the projects in Ghana are available throughout the year and you can choose the one that suits your interests and preferences.

*Looking for a great summer program? Check out the Volunteering Solutions Ghana Summer Volunteer Adventure!

• Make a difference in the lives of the underprivileged people living in and around Tamale, Ghana.
  • Learn more about the culture and traditions of the Ghanaian community while living with the locals.
  • Gain first-hand work experience and boost your career.
  • Meet some like-minded travelers from other parts of the world and create memories that would last for a lifetime.

Impact

María

Beautiful Ghana

My stay in Ghana has been undoubtedly the best experience I've ever lived.
I went as a medical student and a had the pleasure to work in the Tamale Central Hospital.
I'm so grateful to have this unique opportunity and to learn from it. I can describe ghanaian people by their permanent smile and kindness even if you are not one of them. They make sure you feel like home and happy with them.
Also I was very lucky because the other volunteers were very nice and funny and we all support each other. I learned a lot from them too and I will never forget it!
The landscape is breath-taking and the trips the program offer us were really good.
Just something important if you are like me... Careful with the spicy food!

I think the only detail I would change is to suggest to bring more money with you because the recommended amount by the program is not enough at all.
J
Jamie

My Trip To Ghana March 2018

My experience volunteering in Ghana was absolutely incredible. It exceeded all of my expectations greatly. It was my first time in Africa and first time volunteering in another country and I was not disappointed. I volunteered at Maltiti School for Girls, mainly in a class of ten year olds. The children were amazing and I became very close with them. I miss them so much. I taught all subjects to the children and it took me way out of my comfort zone. It was such an amazing experience. All of the teachers and students were very kind and welcoming. The students all sang a song to welcome me when I arrived the first day. Frederick Addai, the in country worker from Volunteer Solutions, was nothing but kind, generous, and supportive with anything I needed. Him and his wife provided me with breakfast and dinner each day, and I got to spend time with their two amazing children as well. The treated me like I was a part of the family, without hesitation. Frederick also organized a trip to Mole National Park for myself, another volunteer, and four girls from the school, which was an incredible experience. I would 100% return to Ghana and reccomend this program to others who are interested in volunteering. It was an eye opening and experience and changed me as a person in a good way. I will definitely return back to Ghana, as I met so many wonderful people while I was there who I will never forget.

Response from Volunteering Solutions

Hi Jamie,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful review about your experience in Tamale - Ghana with Volunteering Solutions. It was great to have you on the program and we look forward to your participation in our other programs in the near future :)

Gabriela

My wonderful Ghana experience

Work as a volunteer in Ghana made me discover a new world
As a PhD. student focuses in education issues. Students taught their different ideas about how economic development will be around the world.
The interaction with volunteers around the world makes the volunteer experience even more interesting.
The culture, country and people are something that I won't forget.

I would highly recommend this program.

HawaiiJill

Seniors can have a worthwhile, affordable and interesting Vacation...AND make an impact.

Please read my interview under Alumni Interviews.

I most certainly have NO hesitation picking up my backpack in Hawaii and head to Cambodia for another experience with Volunteering Solutions. Yes I am 60+ but I am always treated by staff and other volunteers as a valuable volunteer. I have made many friends through my experiences.

Love the organization, communication and the staff are THE best!

Any 60+ thinking of a cruise...think again. VS can give you an experience WAY better than sailing on the seas!

Jill Watt Torrance

In Ghana. Maltiti School needs a more definitive curriculum that incoming volunteers could follow. Many young volunteers are very capable but they "do their own thing" ...which ultimately does not have as much impact as it could. There should be a curriculum structure to which they could adhere.
solange

My Time in Ghana

I really loved my time in Ghana because I was given the opportunity to teach a classroom all by myself. While it was exceptionally challenging, I also truly enjoyed it and it was quite rewarding. I would recommend to any volunteers who will be teaching to bring some exercise books, and perhaps some paper and pens, as the supplies are not quite adequate.
Aside from the volunteering, the chance to explore a whole new culture and meet a ton of different people was also invaluable. After school, I would often go into town and observe the marketplace and the people.
My host family was also incredible, I really felt at home and welcome and I miss them every day.

I would change the fact that it was so difficult sometimes to communicate with the children, as they speak little to no English.
One other thing, I thought was that the cost of going on short trips on the weekends was a little too high. Since there is no real volunteering opportunity on Saturdays and Sundays, I wish the trips were a little more accessible and affordable.
volunteertravel12

Volunteer heaven

A great program that comes with the whole package. Its safe, fun, and affordable. What more could you ask for?

They take care of you and REALLY do care for your wellbeing. You feel like your part of the culture and its quite the experience. You are the organizations priority, while volunteers work to better the community. The support you feel only encourages you to work harder! Its something everyone should experience.

About Volunteering Solutions

Since 2007, Volunteering Solutions (VolSol) has been working with the aim of providing support to the underprivileged societies of the world in order to make a difference. Over the last 11 years, VolSol has placed more than 13,200 volunteers across...