Volunteer in Ghana with Volunteering Solutions

Join one of Volunteering Solutions many volunteer programs in Ghana! Since 2007, Volunteering Solutions has been partnering local grassroots organizations in Ghana with volunteers all over the world, helping make a real impact. Volunteer activities include an array of work in various fields, including: a summer program, girls' education, community development and construction, football coaching, health care and medicine, teaching English, and orphanage work. Whatever program fits your needs and interests, you are sure to have a great time while learning and giving back. Visit the Volunteering Solutions website for more information!

*Looking for a great summer program? Check out the Volunteering Solutions Ghana Summer Volunteer Adventure!

J
Jamie

My Trip To Ghana March 2018

My experience volunteering in Ghana was absolutely incredible. It exceeded all of my expectations greatly. It was my first time in Africa and first time volunteering in another country and I was not disappointed. I volunteered at Maltiti School for Girls, mainly in a class of ten year olds. The children were amazing and I became very close with them. I miss them so much. I taught all subjects to the children and it took me way out of my comfort zone. It was such an amazing experience. All of the teachers and students were very kind and welcoming. The students all sang a song to welcome me when I arrived the first day. Frederick Addai, the in country worker from Volunteer Solutions, was nothing but kind, generous, and supportive with anything I needed. Him and his wife provided me with breakfast and dinner each day, and I got to spend time with their two amazing children as well. The treated me like I was a part of the family, without hesitation. Frederick also organized a trip to Mole National Park for myself, another volunteer, and four girls from the school, which was an incredible experience. I would 100% return to Ghana and reccomend this program to others who are interested in volunteering. It was an eye opening and experience and changed me as a person in a good way. I will definitely return back to Ghana, as I met so many wonderful people while I was there who I will never forget.

Response from Volunteering Solutions

Hi Jamie,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful review about your experience in Tamale - Ghana with Volunteering Solutions. It was great to have you on the program and we look forward to your participation in our other programs in the near future :)

Gabriela

My wonderful Ghana experience

Work as a volunteer in Ghana made me discover a new world
As a PhD. student focuses in education issues. Students taught their different ideas about how economic development will be around the world.
The interaction with volunteers around the world makes the volunteer experience even more interesting.
The culture, country and people are something that I won't forget.

I would highly recommend this program.

HawaiiJill

Seniors can have a worthwhile, affordable and interesting Vacation...AND make an impact.

Please read my interview under Alumni Interviews.

I most certainly have NO hesitation picking up my backpack in Hawaii and head to Cambodia for another experience with Volunteering Solutions. Yes I am 60+ but I am always treated by staff and other volunteers as a valuable volunteer. I have made many friends through my experiences.

Love the organization, communication and the staff are THE best!

Any 60+ thinking of a cruise...think again. VS can give you an experience WAY better than sailing on the seas!

Jill Watt Torrance

In Ghana. Maltiti School needs a more definitive curriculum that incoming volunteers could follow. Many young volunteers are very capable but they "do their own thing" ...which ultimately does not have as much impact as it could. There should be a curriculum structure to which they could adhere.
solange

My Time in Ghana

I really loved my time in Ghana because I was given the opportunity to teach a classroom all by myself. While it was exceptionally challenging, I also truly enjoyed it and it was quite rewarding. I would recommend to any volunteers who will be teaching to bring some exercise books, and perhaps some paper and pens, as the supplies are not quite adequate.
Aside from the volunteering, the chance to explore a whole new culture and meet a ton of different people was also invaluable. After school, I would often go into town and observe the marketplace and the people.
My host family was also incredible, I really felt at home and welcome and I miss them every day.

I would change the fact that it was so difficult sometimes to communicate with the children, as they speak little to no English.
One other thing, I thought was that the cost of going on short trips on the weekends was a little too high. Since there is no real volunteering opportunity on Saturdays and Sundays, I wish the trips were a little more accessible and affordable.
volunteertravel12

Volunteer heaven

A great program that comes with the whole package. Its safe, fun, and affordable. What more could you ask for?

They take care of you and REALLY do care for your wellbeing. You feel like your part of the culture and its quite the experience. You are the organizations priority, while volunteers work to better the community. The support you feel only encourages you to work harder! Its something everyone should experience.

About Volunteering Solutions

Volunteering Solutions started its operations in 2007 and has sent over 12500 volunteers abroad, and now has projects in more than 30 destinations across Asia, Latin America and Africa. Volunteering Solutions is dedicated to providing authentic,...