- Volunteer in rural Maasai communities in Kenya or Tanzania.
- Explore local villages, learn about traditional Maasai culture and take Swahili lessons.
- Take a lorry ride on safari, with a Maasai warrior guide, and see if you can spot the the Big Five.
- Walk with Maasai mamas and experience firsthand the challenges of the daily "water walks".
- Take part in interactive leadership development workshops, learning more about the issues you're seeing every day in country, and how to take action on them.
- You have the choice to visit either Kenya, where you'll gain a better understanding of sustainable development as you explore communities where Free The Children has been working for over a decade, or Tanzania, where you can be a part of the first phases of development, breaking ground on classrooms or water projects in communities with previously little access to education or clean water.
View Program Information
Adjusted program fees for participants departing from outside these gateways, are also available upon request.
Program fees also include: all accommodations while on the ground, three meals daily and snacks, bottled and/or purified water, entrance fees to activities, language lessons, volunteer placement activities, and leadership training (including comprehensive action planning). You will also have access to full time facilitators, who are available 24 hours a day, as well as a 24-hour emergency service.
Your program cost does not include comprehensive travel insurance (including medical, cancellation and interruption), AMREF Flying Doctor’s insurance, passport and visa fees, vaccinations, or additional baggage fees.