- Most affordable teaching projects in 40+ destinations
- Biggest range of safe and flexible projects that are available year-round
- 10 years experience providing top-rated and responsible programs - our outstanding track record sets us apart!
- You’ll join a network of 80,000+ volunteers
- Trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year
Are you ready to help increase access to education in communities around the world? You can volunteer with IVHQ, the world’s largest and safest volunteer abroad organization. We provide the most affordable and top-rated teaching volunteer programs across 40+ destinations.
As an IVHQ volunteer, you’ll be joining the world's largest network of volunteer travelers and gain exclusive access to superior pre-departure training and expert support.
You'll work alongside local staff to help increase the quality and inclusiveness of the education provided in communities around the world. Education and English language education, in particular, are highly valued in many of our program locations because of the potential it has to enable people to improve their lives.
Below is a list of 5 of the 40+ destinations across Europe, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central America and South America that we offer impactful and responsible teaching placements in. You can find the rest on our Teaching page.
- Bali - Ubud: You’ll experience the best of Bali as you give back on the Teaching project where you will play a hands-on role in developing the English language skills of elementary students within Ubud. This project starts every Monday and can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks.
- Italy: As a Teaching English volunteer in Naples, you’ll either assist local teachers during the day at a local public school or help out with an after-school program, organizing activities and workshops that can help children improve their English skills. This program begins on the first and third Monday of every month and you can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 2 weeks to 12 weeks.
- Ghana: As a Teaching volunteer in Ghana, you’ll be focused on inspiring the interest of school children in studying and speaking English. You’ll be placed in both rural and urban communities in Accra, where you will teach solo or assist one of the few local teachers. This program begins on the 1st and 15th of every month and you can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks.
- Costa Rica: You will teach English within low-income communities in San Jose and surrounding areas. Children, teenagers and young adults in these communities are very grateful for the opportunity to practice their pronunciation and conversation skills with native English speakers. This program begins every Monday and you can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks.
- South Africa: You will provide assistance within public schools in Cape Town, tutoring struggling students and working alongside local teachers and other volunteers. This program begins on the first and third Monday of each month and you can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks.