Volunteer with IVHQ in Sri Lanka! Highly affordable volunteer projects are available for anywhere from 1 week to 12 weeks. The Sri Lanka volunteer program is based in the sacred city of Kandy, with placements located in and around the city and further afield. The Rural Community Development project is based in both Hanguranketha in Nuwara Eliya and in the surrounding areas of Sigiriya, in the Central Matale District. The Wild Elephant Conservation project is based in the Wasgamuwa National Park. Volunteers can assist on a range of community-driven projects and will be accommodated in volunteer houses and homestays.
IVHQ Volunteer Programs available in Sri Lanka:
- Elderly Care
- Special Needs
- Rural Community Development
- Temple Renovation
- Wild Elephant Conservation
- Programs available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Highly affordable program fees from $285 for 1 week Community-driven projects focused on supporting local needs and delivering sustainable positive impacts
- Superior support services both pre-departure and while volunteering
- Free online volunteer training for all IVHQ volunteers
- Between 10 and 40 volunteers start in Sri Lanka each month
- Weekends are free to explore Sri Lanka with fellow volunteers - such as Colombo, Galle or Mirissa.