- Sri Lanka
View Other Details
Volunteer with IVHQ in Sri Lanka! Highly affordable volunteer projects are available for anywhere from 1 week to 12 weeks. The Sri Lanka volunteer program is based in the sacred city of Kandy, with placements located in and around the city and further afield. The Rural Community Development project is based in Hanguranketha and Dambulla, the Cultural Immersion project is based in Dambana and the Wild Elephant Conservation project is based in the Wasgamuwa area.
Volunteers can assist on a range of community-driven projects and will be accommodated in volunteer houses and homestays.
- 9 meaningful project options including Teaching, Cultural Immersion, Temple Renovation and Wild Elephant Conservation
- Programs are available year-round in Sri Lanka at an affordable price of US$285 for 1 week
- The IVHQ Sri Lanka program begins every Monday. You can choose to volunteer for durations ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks.
- Sri Lanka program fees include 24/7 in-country support, airport pick-up, program orientation, volunteer placement, accommodation and meals.
- A special Introduction Week is available
You can get your hands on a range of different International Volunteer HQ sponsorships throughout the year, with the money you win going directly towards the cost of one of their two-week programs. You'll also get a flight voucher in the value of up to $1,000 from STA Travel and travel insurance to cover the duration of the program from World Nomads. Recent grants have included an “Alternative Break” scholarship, where Spring, Summer or Winter break programs were fully funded.