- Sri Lanka
View Other Details
Trusted by over 124,000 travelers, IVHQ is the best volunteer organization in Sri Lanka!
Highly affordable volunteer projects are available for anywhere from 1 week to 12 weeks. The Sri Lanka volunteer program is based in the sacred city of Kandy, with placements located in and around the city and further afield. The Rural Community Development project is based in Hanguranketha and Dambulla, the Cultural Immersion project is based in Dambana.
Volunteers can choose from a range of 8 community-driven projects and will be accommodated in volunteer houses and homestays.
- 8 meaningful project options including Teaching, Cultural Immersion, Turtle Conservation
- Programs are available year-round in Sri Lanka at an affordable price of US$355 for 1 week
- The IVHQ Sri Lanka program begins every Monday. You can choose to volunteer for durations ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks.
- Sri Lanka program fees include 24/7 in-country support, airport pick-up, program orientation, volunteer placement, accommodation and meals.
- A special Cultural Immersion Introduction Week is available
Volunteers on this project assist at a childcare center in Kandy. You can gain experience in childcare while giving overworked local staff an extra hand and helping them provide high quality care and attention to their charges.
If you're a medical student keen to learn and observe at a training hospital in Kandy - this is the opportunity for you! Volunteers shadow local staff in a wide range of departments and gain insight into many different clinical practices while the people of Sri Lanka get better access to affordable healthcare.
If you are physically able and love to get stuck into it then this project will allow you to assist with repairs and upgrades to Buddhist temples, schools and pre-schools in Kandy. Volunteers gain building maintenance experience while local infrastructure gets kept in good condition. Improvements to these community buildings can help make them safer, more functional and more attractive to the people who use them.
Turtles are always a popular project - in this program you can help rehabilitate injured turtles and boost conservation around the southern coast of Sri Lanka. Gain conservation and reptile care experience while assisting with a wide range of tasks that contribute to the goal of increasing the turtle population in the area so these incredible creatures can thrive well into the future.