Volunteer with IVHQ in Sri Lanka! Highly affordable volunteer projects are available for anywhere from 1 week to 12 weeks. The Sri Lanka volunteer program is based in the sacred city of Kandy, with placements located in and around the city and further afield. The Rural Community Development project is based in Hanguranketha and Dambulla, the Cultural Immersion project is based in Dambana and the Wild Elephant Conservation project is based in the Wasgamuwa area.
Volunteers can assist on a range of community-driven projects and will be accommodated in volunteer houses and homestays.
IVHQ Volunteer Programs available in Sri Lanka:
- Elderly Care
- Special Needs
- Rural Community Development
- Temple Renovation
- Wild Elephant Conservation
- Programs available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Highly affordable program fees from $285 for 1 week Community-driven projects focused on supporting local needs and delivering sustainable positive impacts
- Superior support services both pre-departure and while volunteering
- Free online volunteer training for all IVHQ volunteers
- Between 10 and 40 volunteers start in Sri Lanka each month
- Weekends are free to explore Sri Lanka with fellow volunteers - such as Colombo, Galle or Mirissa.
- 9 meaningful project options including Teaching, Cultural Immersion, Temple Renovation and Wild Elephant Conservation
- Programs are available year-round in Sri Lanka at an affordable price of US$285 for 1 week
- The IVHQ Sri Lanka program begins every Monday. You can choose to volunteer for durations ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks.
- Sri Lanka program fees include 24/7 in-country support, airport pick-up, program orientation, volunteer placement, accommodation and meals.
- A special Introduction Week is available