- Varied and unique programme
- Personal Development
- Part of an international team of volunteers
- Real Impact
Make your summer happen. Apply for a Raleigh Expedition.
Raleigh Expedition is a unique opportunity to work on remote community and environmental projects and face adventure challenges in some of the most incredible areas of the world.
Become part of Tanzania. One of the world's friendliest, most beautiful and most diverse countries. You'll live with a Tanzanian community and make a genuine contribution to tackling poverty.
Choose between 5, 7 and 10 weeks, and we'll guide you through the adventure of a lifetime.
- Live alongside a rural community, and improve access to safe drinking water. You'll have a genuine impact on the lives of your community, whilst gaining first-hand experience of life in Tanzania.
- Learn camp-craft and survival skills whilst trekking through stunning mountain peaks. You and your team will learn to survive in the Tanzanian wilderness, learning about the environment and sleeping beneath the stars. You'll also get to visit a national park and maybe see an elephant or two!
- Take part in a reforestation project and protect vulnerable environments.
Whichever projects you do, we can guarantee that your expedition will be challenging, supportive and worthwhile.
View Program Information
10 week expedition $5000
7 week expedition $4500
5 week expedition $3600
4 week expedition $3100
As we're a charity we talk about fundraising rather than costs. This means you can raise the money for your Expedition through donations from family, friends and supporters. Fundraising can come in all kinds of forms, from running a cake sale to doing a sponsored run or setting up a JustGiving page. We know fundraising can be overwhelming but we are here to help you every step of the way. Don’t be daunted! We’ve supported thousands of young people to reach their target.
What’s included in the fundraising target?
With Raleigh there are no hidden or extra costs. We include much more than other providers because over the last 30 years we have learnt that a high-quality programme, including safety, in-country support, and working with communities as real partners has better outcomes for all of us.
- Airport welcome and all transfers to and from the airport in your destination country.
- Premium, tailored travel and health insurance.
- Leading safety expertise supported by our British standard 8848 safety accreditation.
- All food and accommodation throughout your Expedition.
- All in-country transport costs to project and trekking locations.
- In-country Director and staff team, including medics, providing 24 hour support, planning and in-country partnerships with Government, INGO’s and local project partners.
- UK operations team providing planning, medical, safety and security support with 24-hour back up to country offices.
- Raleigh Volunteer Managers living with volunteers 24/7.
- Experienced trekking guides.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and support.
- All necessary project training by experienced staff.
- All project equipment, supplies and tools.
- Project evaluations and impact reporting against the sustainable goals framework.
- Post-Expedition alumni membership, services and discounts.
- Location orientation and immersion into local cultures.
What’s not included?:
- Personal belongings (for example rucksack, walking boots, sleeping bag etc.)