Tanzania has one of the world's youngest populations but few economic opportunities exist for young people. Less than half the population have access to safe drinking water and less than 20% have access to adequate sanitation facilities.
Volunteer on a Raleigh Expedition and work on up to three impactful projects:
Community Project - Drive change where it’s needed the most. Improve access to education or water and sanitation facilities. Work in rural communities where your time and energy can have the greatest impact.
Environmental Project - Take an active role in protecting vulnerable environments. Build local knowledge to help people adapt to climate change and secure a better future for their families.
Adventure Project - Challenge yourself on an exhilarating Adventure Leadership Trek, and develop your resilience and teamwork skills. Wilderness exploration includes travel through a variety of different terrains.
- Work with local schools to develop their sanitation and toilet facilities and improve attendance on the Community project.
- Help tackle reforestation in protected areas on the Environmental project.
- Get away from the tourist trail as you trek through the Southern Highlands on the Adventure Leadership Trek.
- Live in a host home with other volunteers and work with young people and community leaders.
- Contribute to achieving the Global Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs).
In 2018 we worked with three rural communities to establish new tree nurseries. Together, we planted 300,000 seedlings to help local reforestation. We also taught at village primary schools to encourage the children to look after their environment. This will make our work sustainable.
2020 Programs now recruiting
We are now recruitment for our 2020 summer programs in Nepal, Costa Rica and Tanzania departing in June. Visit our website today to find out more.