International Internships in Australia with The Intern Group

Great Ocean Road - 12 apostles
Australia Internship
Australia Internship
Melbourne. Kangaroos

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in Australia. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Australia will make you stand out from your peers.

We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Current student or recent graduate? Take this chance to gain experience that will make your resume stand out. Not sure what you want to study yet? Take a gap year to test-drive your career. Professional in transition? Gain experience in your new field.

As an intern in Australia your program will include a professional internship, accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular cultural and social events, 24/7 emergency assistance, alumni career coaching and many other great benefits.

• Have a top-class international internship in Australia! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In today's society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Make friends and professional networks in Melbourne and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
  • Have an amazing life experience in Melbourne! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of Australians who are there to give you support 24/7.
  • For non native-English speakers perfect your language! Learn English in a real-world environment, rather than in the classroom.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Hi Sumaiyah, yes they can. We receive applications from candidates at all stages of their academic career, including business undergrads. We provide business programs across all of our destinations.
Hi Maria! You 100% can travel in Australia before or after your internship. There were a few members of my group who did both. I will say that the perks of the program are only available during your designated program dates (airport pickup, dinner and other excursions). However it's been a few years since my program so I would confirm with your contact to make sure. I made the choice to not travel...

Tupelo

A Summer Abroad

This past summer, I had the opportunity to go to Melbourne, Australia and do a 6-week internship through The Intern Group. Although getting confirmed for an internship was stressful and last minute, the second I landed in Melbourne I knew I was going to have a wonderful experience. I worked for a non-profit and got to be alongside people from all over the world, not just Australia! Getting work experience was beneficial for my future. Melbourne was a wonderful place to live and see, and The Intern Group was wonderful in making sure all of the interns felt at home. You don't often get the chance to drop everything and live someone new, so I highly recommend you go for it -- The Intern Group is a fantastic way to pursue that adventure!! Don't forget to eat some Tim-Tams!

I would say it goes by too fast. Live in the now!!
Olivia

BEST EXPEREINCE

The Intern Group Program was such a fun experience!
This experience was one of the most amazing in my life. I traveled across the world and was going into a job that I really knew nothing about. Thanks to the placement from the Intern Group (Thanks Pip & Jessie!) I was put into an environment where I learned so much about myself and about the startup ecosystem, which is something I literally never thought I would care about! The Intern Group helped push me to excel with professional development sessions! They also made the experience so much fun with events almost every week (Thanks Alana!), where I got to hang out with other interns! I now work full time for the company I was placed at by The Intern Group!

Basically, The Intern Group is AWESOME & I totally recommend doing their program!!

The housing was not amazing during my time here because of the never-ending construction. But the Intern Group did everything in their power to help us out, make sure we had heaters, and help us in any way which was really greatly appreciated.
Ben

Melbourne Internship

The Intern Group put me in a field that I wanted to pursue, which was marketing.
The process between application to post internship was transparent, simple and easy. The Intern Group kept in touch on a regular basis and offered regular help and guidance. In addition, I have gained more confidence in being independent! Plus, a new drive to succeed.

I would recommend it to anybody looking to explore a new area in the world as well as go after what they want to do!

Melbourne city itself is incredible! A very diverse culture. People here are both laidback and hard working at the same time.
It has now become a city that I’d want to visit on a regular basis!

A thank you to Phillipa, Alana and Jessie who assisted with my entire time here! Legends.

Face any fear!
You will thank yourself in the future!
Leonard

Leonard's Review for TIG

Kia ora,

I must admit, the Internship was an initial struggle for me. However, the support by Pip and Jessie was exceptional.

I had a good time learning about the management consulting market through my internship at CQ Cultural Consulting and I appreciated the fact that I was able to finish on a high. The professional experience isn't the only thing that I valued; the travelling, the experience of meeting people from the US, the food, the trams, kangaroos and koalas, tourist destinations etc. All I can say is that the programme is definitely worthwhile.

The best part of my time in Melbourne was my second internship with Dale. If I did not do this, I wouldn't be doing my Podcast nor would I be pursuing meaningful things. As a intellectually minded person, I desired to speak and talk to highly competent and proficient people, and thankfully I made a few friends with the similar mindset.

Overall, the TIG programme was phenomenal.

Nothing, it's a brilliant programme. The accommodation was decent, the guidelines were straightforward and the people there were great to me.

female
Dezaray

Best Summer of My Life

I completed a marketing internship with The Intern Group in Australia for ten weeks this summer. The experience exceeded my expectations in every aspect and completely changed my life! I can honestly say that I know this will always be the best summer and most incredible experience of my life.

I learned so much during my time in Australia with WeTeachMe (find out more here: http://dezaraybarr.weebly.com/blog/what-i-learned-in-my-internship-abroad), and I was able to cross so much off of my bucket list (http://dezaraybarr.weebly.com/blog/my-accomplished-australia-bucket-list).

I met people that I'm still friends with and talk to every day. In fact, I'm traveling to visit one of them soon! I developed professional skills that now set me apart as I begin to search for post-graduation jobs. When I tell someone that I interned in Australia, they immediately take an interest in a way they normally wouldn't have.

Yes, the experience was overwhelming and challenging in nature, but The Intern Group was there for me every single step of the way, but still allowed me to be independent when possible.

During my time in Australia, I even had the opportunity to travel on the weekends. My workplace was willing to be flexible with my schedule, so I got to visit the great ocean road, New Zeland, Brisbane, and Sydney, aside from living in Melbourne. My favorite memory of the entire experience was getting to snorkel for the first-time through Brisbane's shipwrecks on Moreton Island.

I believe I was the last group to be placed in the housing situation I was, so I believe that has been improved since I left.
Read my full story
Jenna Belhaj
Jenna

Internship in Melbourne with the Intern Group

Interning in Melbourne, Australia with The Intern Group was an incredible experience and definitely something that has made me grow, both professionally and personally. The Intern Group provides 24/7 support, matches you with a placement for your internship and provides housing and some inclusive activities. It’s way too difficult to pick one favourite memory but the inclusive events were amazing and really brought all the interns together, I particularly loved seeing all the Aussie animals at the Wildlife Park and watching an AFL game, the atmosphere was buzzing! I had a slight issue in my fourth week and The a Intern Group team were so supportive and helpful, definitely exceeding my expectations. Post-program, my internship has definitely refined my career path and I would love to go back to Australia to work with my company again in the future. Definitely the best 3 months of my life, couldn’t recommend more highly!

N/A
Read my full story
Audrey

Overall Great Experience

I interned at a creative marketing firm in the Melbourne, Australia CBD and loved it! I grew so much personally and professionally and the Intern Group was always available to help with any issues and to offer support in any way. I attended every single included event we had such as the Eureka Skydeck, wine tours, petting kangaroos and koalas, a rugby match, etc. The only downside to the trip is that the housing is pretty far outside of the CBD and not incredibly nice. But I think that's just to keep costs down. Overall I would definitely recommend the trip! It was the experience of a lifetime.

Better housing, perhaps better vetting of host companies as a few of my friends had poor experiences.
Courtney

The Intern Group Australia - June 2018

The Intern Group made my time abroad as stress free as possible. All staff members made sure we knew they were there for us if we had any issues. Specifically, when my flight was cancelled, Jessie was very helpful with arranging a taxi to the airport for my rescheduled flight.

I loved that all the interns lived in the same accommodation, because it allowed us to really get to know each other in a short amount of time.

I would recommend this program to others because trying to contact employers, find housing, and arrange transportation in a foreign country on your own would be very stressful. It was also comforting to know if something did go wrong, I had people to contact to help me through the situation.

There's not much I didn't like about the program, but living closer to the city with all the interns would be ideal.
Alison

Intern Group Australia

My program length was only 6 weeks - unfortunately, I couldn't stay any longer than that! I met a lot of really nice and fun people on this trip, and the included events that I was able to attend were amazing. My favorite was the wildlife experience one - I want to take a wallaby home with me now. My internship really helped me progress professionally, and I'm now able to say that I have extremely relevant experience to my career field. I learned a lot!

No suggestions for improvement!
Julia

Excellent Experience

If you're considering doing an internship abroad in Australia, this program is great! It was so nice having a place to stay with other interns, included transportation and included experiences for the weekends. I absolutely loved interning in Melbourne and I can't wait to return someday. Thanks to The Intern Group, I learned so much about Australia as well as my field. This internship has given me experience that will prove to be very valuable as I advance in my career. So much fun!

The accommodation would be better if it was moved to a location where it was students and interns only. This would make week nights much more fun and exciting rather than trying to ward off homesickness.
Giuseppe

Great Experience

It was a great experience. I had the opportunity to work in the perfect environment for me. It really helps me to improve so many skills. During the internship I've learnt a lot. However, the best part was meeting amazing people who shared with me amazing moments. I really love the multicultural atmosphere of the program. Probably, the worst part of the program was the accommodation: it was really small and quite far away from the centre of the city ( I reckon it could be done something for this). The Intern Group's staff was amazing!

Changing the accommodation!
Amy

Amazing experience

I had an amazing time doing a 2 and a half month long internship over in Melbourne.
The company I was placed with was great, they helped teach me so much more about the industry I was interested in and always made sure to offer any help I needed or take time to teach me new things. As well as this they also fully treated me as part of the team, taking my opinions into consideration over projects or during meetings and inviting me out with them after work, I wasn't just stuck in the corner making coffee!
The intern group itself was really great and extremely supportive, they were always a email/message/call away and did everything they could to help you out if you needed it and the events and trips out they arranged were all awesome!
I cannot recommend this program enough, I had an amazing experience and I have made friends for life, all while exploring a beautiful city.

Alex

2.5 Month Internship in Melbourne

I've had a great time doing this internship. I was matched with a company that I hadn't really held prior interest in, but upon commencement of my internship the role fit my skillset perfectly. In addition, the internship was hands on and not just making coffee - I got a chance to be a part of the team. I ended up taking work for the company after my internship, extending my stay in Australia by several months.
The only negative is that the housing provided wasn't the best, although it was fine there are just cheaper options to rent in Melbourne, so I'd recommend finding somewhere and moving out.

I would include more choice in the events (mainly sporting events, the rest of the events were great and varied) and perhaps have share houses rather than halls accommodation.
Elisa

An awesome experience

It was such an amazing experience, I loved every second I spent in Australia. All the included activities and trips were fun and gave us an opportunity to spend time together. Everyone was nice and kind and always available in case of need. Dylan was super nice and made every trip/ activity better.
I also truly loved Melbourne and it was simply heartbreaking leaving it. It’s very hard to explain how you can feel at home even if you are thousands of miles away from where you’te actually from. Australia makes you feel like that. It’s like there is room for everyone to be happy. And that’s how I would describe myself during the whole experice: a truly happy young woman.
I would strongly suggest this experience to everyone. Thank you to anyone who made this experice one I’ll never forget.

Taylor

Excellent Experience

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this program. The support team were great, we had many fun activities planned for us and a wealth of knowledge and info available in terms of making the most out of the city and experience. Meeting fellow interns from all over the world and with different career paths was something that I really loved and benefited from, in terms of broadening my own horizons. It was an amazing opportunity to grow professionally while travelling and exploring a new city, with new friends built-in to the experience and support for any eventuality.

Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Location:
75 F / 48 F
Airports:
Melbourne Airport
( MEL )

Melbourne is the culture capital of Australia and generally considered the more "hip" city in Australia. There is always something to do in Melbourne, as it is always teeming with events like: internationally acclaimed festivals and sporting events. When you aren't at one of these events the city still has a bustling scene filled with museums, cafes, breweries and beaches.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...