International Internships in Chile with The Intern Group

Interns on a weekend trip to Valparaiso
Interns on a weekend trip to Valparaiso
The view of Santiago from downtown
The view of Santiago from downtown

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the world's most exciting and fastest-growing economies. During your internship abroad in Santiago, Chile you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career, all while being surrounded by the beautiful Andes Mountains. Your internship in Latin America will make you stand out from your peers.

As an intern in Chile, your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, optional Spanish classes, a one on one alumni career coaching session and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME, Wall Street Journal and Forbes.

• Have a top-class international internship in Chile! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • For non native-Spanish speakers, perfect your language!
  • It makes your resume stand out! As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page! An internship abroad in one of Latin America’s best economies will make you stand out.
  • Make friends and professional networks in Chile and from all over the world!
  • Have an amazing life experience in Chile! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. That's why our team is there to give you support 24/7.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Ciara

The Most Amazing 8 Weeks

I was one of the first interns to choose The Intern Group's (TIG) Santiago program so I arrived a bit skeptical, but the city exceeded any expectations I could have possibly had.

It is hard to describe Chile itself, there is something for everyone. Santiago is very metropolitan and doesn't reflect many other major cities in Latin America. It is surrounded by mountain ranges and just a short hour-or-so bus ride from the coastal cities! Everyone is extremely kind and I cannot name 1 instance I felt unsafe, even when making my way home from a later evening out.

TIG was really well organized! There were optional activities or excursions every Saturday which ended up being some of the best things we did! Some examples are vineyard tours and a day trip to Valparaiso!

We lived in a student accommodation building which worried me at first because I arrived with little-to-no Spanish but it ended up being one of my favorite aspects of the program; I met people from all over the world and my limited Spanish abilities really didn't matter. People are so kind and patient and either knew English or wanted to learn just as much as I wanted to pick up more Spanish!

One thing I will say is that the Spanish in Chile is very different from what I learned in school, it is faster, they use a lot of their own words and rarely pronounce s's. But Chileans are very understanding and aware that they need to slow it down a bit around any non-natives!

Pricing isn't much different from that of the United States. Chile's economy is doing really well so the Chilean Peso is stronger than other pesos, like the Mexican peso, for example.

Overall, this program was amazing and I would do it all over again if I could! My internship placement process was smooth and the company I ended up working for was fantastic- the goodbyes were very sad!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
The only thing I would change if I could go back in time would be going to Santiago for the 10-week option instead of 8. Leaving was extremely difficult and I already know I will be returning to Chile in the near future to continue exploring!