• Chile

Unpaid
Fall Spring Summer Winter Year Round

Pricing

$3,190 USD
A professional, in-person internship in your chosen career field in Chile
Visa support (if applicable to you)
Career advancement training
Keynote speaker series
Global community and network
Access to professional development materials
Alumni success coaching
CV improvement tool

What's Included
Activities Some Activities
What's Not Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airfare Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa
Aug 25, 2021
Aug 07, 2019

Have you identified a career field that you're passionate about & the city of your dreams, but you don't know how to get there? We’ve got you covered! Our Independent Traveler Program is especially designed for those aspiring individuals who want to build their career in Chile. Independence is key to this program!

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the world's most exciting and fastest-growing economies. During your internship abroad in Santiago, Chile you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career, all while being surrounded by the beautiful Andes Mountains. Your internship in Latin America will make you stand out from your peers.

Program Highlights

• Live and thrive in Chile with a guaranteed, professional in-person internship in your career field.
  • Join our community and network with talented individuals from 150+ nationalities. Become part of our 10,000+ global alumni network.
  • Maximise the chances to land your dream job right after your internship with our CV improvement tool & professional development materials as well as our alumni success coaching.
  • Best-in-class career advancement training. The training focuses on developing in you the 8 key competencies essential to succeed in the 21st century world of work.
  • Keynote career talks from global business leaders. The program gives you 6 months access to exclusive, real-time talks from leading speakers. Learn from the best.

Ciara

The Most Amazing 8 Weeks

I was one of the first interns to choose The Intern Group's (TIG) Santiago program so I arrived a bit skeptical, but the city exceeded any expectations I could have possibly had.

It is hard to describe Chile itself, there is something for everyone. Santiago is very metropolitan and doesn't reflect many other major cities in Latin America. It is surrounded by mountain ranges and just a short hour-or-so bus ride from the coastal cities! Everyone is extremely kind and I cannot name 1 instance I felt unsafe, even when making my way home from a later evening out.

TIG was really well organized! There were optional activities or excursions every Saturday which ended up being some of the best things we did! Some examples are vineyard tours and a day trip to Valparaiso!

We lived in a student accommodation building which worried me at first because I arrived with little-to-no Spanish but it ended up being one of my favorite aspects of the program; I met people from all over the world and my limited Spanish abilities really didn't matter. People are so kind and patient and either knew English or wanted to learn just as much as I wanted to pick up more Spanish!

One thing I will say is that the Spanish in Chile is very different from what I learned in school, it is faster, they use a lot of their own words and rarely pronounce s's. But Chileans are very understanding and aware that they need to slow it down a bit around any non-natives!

Pricing isn't much different from that of the United States. Chile's economy is doing really well so the Chilean Peso is stronger than other pesos, like the Mexican peso, for example.

Overall, this program was amazing and I would do it all over again if I could! My internship placement process was smooth and the company I ended up working for was fantastic- the goodbyes were very sad!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
The only thing I would change if I could go back in time would be going to Santiago for the 10-week option instead of 8. Leaving was extremely difficult and I already know I will be returning to Chile in the near future to continue exploring!