Sustainability System Initiative Engineering & More Internships in Shanghai, China

Why should you intern through SSi?

Be part of the change with our international community of future GREEN leaders. SSi internships are designed to provide international work experience in Shanghai with positive impact! Whether sustainability is your passion or you're interested in what its all about, SSi internships are for you! With placement fields ranging from Engineering and Architecture through to Fashion, Marketing and Business development, we have you covered.

Our customised internships range from 2-6 months and applications are taken on a rolling basis. This experience is guaranteed to get you out of your comfort zone and get connected with industry professionals and companies that contribute to present and future generations. Our team assist you from start to finish, including complimentary Mandarin language classes, orientation, insurance, airport pickup, visa assistance, housing packages, free cultural excursions and discounted weekend getaways! Get in touch today!

• *Experience Shanghai* A metropolis home to more than 24 million people has seen massive development over the last two decades!
  • *Positive Social Impact* Your internship experience will not only maximise your own benefit but also contribute to positive impact and inspire sustainable change and practices!
  • *Weekend Getaways and Excursions* All work AND Play! Take advantage of our free cultural excursions and discounted weekend getaways! Explore ancient water towns and rice fields of Suzhou and Hangzhou!
  • *Learn Chinese* Take advantage of learning the ancient language of Mandarin! All of our internship programs are complimented with Chinese language lessons to help you get by in Shanghai!
  • *Bucket List Adventures* Camp and trek along the Great Wall of China, The overnight train to Xi'an to see the Terracotta Warriors or Cruise up the Yangtze River to explore the landscape of Guilin!

Sean

Great Opportunity

I did my Masters degree in Environmental Science in Shanghai, one of the best decisions I made. To have studied in a dynamic city really exposed me to many opportunities, SSi was one of these opportunities. When time came for me to gain valuable work experience I was able to collaborate with other professionals through SSi and see first hand the inner workings of various sustainable business ventures, Networking through SSi was invaluable and experience to remember.

Aya

Eye Opening Experience!

"I am really glad that I chose SSi to do my internship in Shanghai. It was a valuable experience with a company who had sustainability at the core of their values, which I am really passionate about. Shanghai was an incredible destination, one that I thought I would never venture to, but i'm so glad I did! One of the greatest parts about this program was meeting so many great people and being able to explore different places on the weekends. The SSi team are professional and very approachable.”

Melanie

No Regrets

My SSi internship experience in Shanghai was a decision I do not regret! The company I interned with taught me so much about sustainability in China as well as the business side of things. The SSi team were so helpful and friendly, especially Craig, he was a great mentor. On top of this, there were some fun filled weekend trips to other cities and sites! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. If you want to create change, join SSi!

Aaron

Worth it!

I recently made the trip over to Shanghai to participate in an internship with SSi all the way from Melbourne, Australia. It was such an awesome experience. I got so much hands on experience and grew my understanding of sustainability issues affecting Shanghai and China more widely. The internship allowed me to apply and develop my skill set and taught me so much about Chinese business, culture and practice. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning about or working in this space.

About Sustainability System Initiative

The idea behind Sustainability System Initiative (SSi) was realized through the educational, academic, and professional background of two individuals within the arena of sustainability, international development, and engineering. Aligning with the...