Creative Internship in Hong Kong

ArtBound Initiative Hong Kong Internships

ArtBound Initiative (ABI) offers customized internships for students and recent graduates in New York , London, Berlin and Hong Kong. With an expansive network of leading art & design organizations, ArtBound Initiative provides access to creative industries that are notoriously insular. ABI offers year-round internships from 2 to 6 months.

ABI offers creative internships across disciplines and industries. Depending on your desired career path, we place interns in advertising, design, film, fashion, fine arts, performing arts, communications, marketing, public relations, events programming, and more.

• Internship in HK: work with a gallery, theatre, design studios, ad agency, production company...
  • Expand your network: attend our events and meet artists and arts & design professionals.
  • Be an insider: we will keep you updated on the vibrant Hong Kong art scene.

Amelia

Hong Kong Internship

It was the most incredible experience, it allowed me to grow so much stronger as a designer and as a creative. It gives you all the support that you need while exposing you to a new culture and one of the best advertising agencies. Artbound does a great job at mentoring you before, during and after the internship. They introduce you to career changing experiences specifically in the field that you want to pursue. I was able to work directly with the creative director and have first hand experience on the entire design process from research to designs. Outside of work you are able to experience an incredible culture and city, with everything from exhibits, hiking, nightlife and amazing food. It is a great program that I would highly recommend any creative to pursue!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Going somewhere completely new. It was intimidating at the start, but it ended up being the best experience I have had!
Phoebe

ArtBound Initiative Hong Kong

I loved interning at Pace Gallery in Hong Kong. I learned so much about the arts industry and established a great network. I was so lucky to intern at such a prestigious art gallery and work with the incredible team at Pace Gallery Hong Kong.

Living in Hong Kong was so busy and so much fun, I can't wait to go back! I met some great friends and explored the city. I got to be involved in so many different parts of the gallery operations and learn about all the different aspects of the gallery. ABI was super helpful in giving me the confidence to leap in get the most out of my internship. I also loved getting to know the ABI community and connecting with incredible creatives around the world. I'm so glad I jumped in and participated in the program.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The food was one of the best things about living in Hong Kong, I loved trying the traditional Chinese food especially the seafood.
Emma

A Great First-Time Experience

Before this experience, I had no idea how I would get the experience I needed to move forward in my desired field without having the right connections. ArtBound Initiative gave me the foot in the door that I needed, placing me in an international internship experience with the Hong Kong Contemporary Art Foundation. Thanks to the internship on my resume, I was accepted to multiple graduate programs in London, UK. I am currently studying to receive my MFA in Curating at Goldsmiths, University of London. This program changes your life.

In looking back, the only things I found a slight bit disappointing was that because my fellow ABI member, Hugh, and I were the first from ABI to go to Hong Kong, there were little resources and events available to us in the city. We were on our own for most of our time there. Additionally, while I enjoyed my internship at HOCA, I think now I would have preferred a position within a gallery or art institution. What I was doing with that internship wasn't really what I needed to be learning. However, I still learned SO much from my time there and I would gladly do it all over again.
Hugh

AbI Internship Experience

I spent a couple months in Hong Kong for an internship within the creative industry in 2017. It was a very rewarding experience as I was able to grow not only professionally but also further develop my creative skills. The work environment was amazing, I learned interesting day to day operations about the advertising world and how I best fit in that world. This fitting experience wouldn't of been possible without the help of ABI. They aided me with placement of the internship , housing accommodations, and the travel experience to Asia. Through their support I had a great experience and am looking forward to go back and reconnect with all the friends I made and networks I have built.

Anjie

Wonderful Opportunity

I recently finished my 3-month graphic design internship with an excellent advertising agency in busy Hong Kong, and the ArtBound Initiative team has been great accommodating me before, during, and after my program. They provide access, where there is usually little or none at all, to creative opportunities, growing experiences, and global networks. With the support on all sides, it's a good chance to build a solid foundation for yourself.

It was a hard process, but it was also a rewarding step in the creative industry, and the ArtBound Initiative team stuck by me for the journey. No matter where you are personally and professionally, I would recommend considering their internship programs.

Location:
70 F / 59 F
Airports:
Hong Kong International Airport
( HKG )

Hong Kong has an interesting duality to it, as it was under British colonization but is historically Cantonese Chinese. This major tourist hub has been dubbed "Asia's World City" due to its variety of cultural influences.

About ArtBound Initiative

ArtBound Initiative is dedicated to emerging creative professionals. Our mission is to encourage connections between participants, industry leaders and global companies. Strengthened by our network of over 150 companies, ABI provides the opportunity...