International Internships in Hong Kong with The Intern Group

International Internships in Hong Kong with The Intern Group

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the cultural and financial capitals of the world, Hong Kong. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Hong Kong will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Current student or recent graduate? Take this chance to gain experience that will make your resume stand out. Not sure what you want to study yet? Take a gap year to test-drive your career. Professional in transition? Gain experience in your new field in Hong Kong.

We have previously placed interns at KPMG, TEDx and AIM in Hong Kong.

• Have a top-class international internship in Hong Kong! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In todays society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Have an amazing life experience in Asia's most high profile city! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of locals who are there to give you support 24/7.
  • Make friends and professional networks in Asia, and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, its not what you know, its who you know.
  • Develop the professional skills to make your mark in the 21st Century! By immersing yourself in a new culture and doing an international internship, you learn about different cultures and the way they work.
Asia » China » Hong Kong
Resume
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
* Accommodation
* Airport pick up and drop off
* A leading internship in your field of interest (we offer all sectors)
* 24/7 support from our full time Hong Kong based team
* Social and cultural events with our large international community of interns in Hong Kong!
* Professional development tools and workshop

The cost is dependent on how long you'd like to stay so I suggest taking a look at their website, http://www.theinterngroup.com/hong-kong/#parentHorizontalTab7, to decide what works best. Note: they fees are broken down in Hong Kong dollars, so don't forget to convert!

Terri
United Kingdom
University of Leeds

Enriching and fulfilling summer.

Having decided to gain overseas experience over the summer of 2017, The Intern Group (TIG) was a clear winner when deciding upon a host organisation.
A summer abroad is an expensive option, regardless of where you go in the world. Finding a host organisation that isn't primary focused on money is imperative when sourcing a good quality programme. TIG is one of the best value for money programmes I came across. After calculating the costs of coming overseas alone, I realised I would not only save money, but feel safer and see more of the country I would travel to, with TIG.
Right from the get go, the staff team were dedicated in supporting me in choosing the right location, programme and internship. They really did a fantastic job of tailoring the programme to my desires for the summer, which is so important! Having chosen HK and confirming a role with an organisation, the rest was easy! My visa was sorted, my accommodation was confirmed and all I had to do was book flights and pack.
From arriving in HK, there was not a minute of stress. The staff are great for getting you settled in and getting you accustomed to your new lifestyle.
The events were fantastic, hosted by a great guy, who himself has completed similar programmes and understands what the interns want to explore in HK. The events were well managed, fun and great for making the friends that make your whole experience exciting.
There is a great work to social life balance, and you can really be in control of how you want to spend your time in HK. The most important thing to mention is that, the friends you will make
are like minded, intelligent people that make the best memories with you.
My placement was carefully chosen and exactly what I needed for the summer, although at first it can seem a bit much, or in some cases not enough; get through the first week and then it will come naturally!
My only advice to potential interns would be, make sure you get a full in-depth health check before coming to Hong Kong, the climate is crazy and the lifestyle is very fast paced. A change like this can bring light to any underlying medical issues that could potentially hinder your experience. The healthcare in Hong Kong is different from that at home and can be difficult.
Overall, I would say go for it! You can invest in a lot of things in your youth, property, cars etc. but an investment in yourself is truly the one worth taking.

It would be great if TIG could make relations with some local bars and restaurants (close by to accommodation), where interns could eat evening meals and have drinks for cheap. It would drive a lot of business for the host bars/eateries and would make life a lot easier for the interns after a long day at work!

NT
Goldey-Beacom College

Best Time of My Life So Far

My 6-week internship in Hong Kong is an experience I will never forget for the rest of my life!!!

I knew about the Intern Group coincidentally on the internet. I saw their ad on Facebook and it looked very interesting to me. My first thought was "This is it!". It was exactly what I'd been looking for. I couldn't wait to check on TIG's website. I also started researching about the company and its programs to learn more about TIG's reputation, reviews, etc, as well as to make sure it was not another scam on the internet. Everything looked great to me. At the end, I decided to go for it. And now I'm glad that I did.

I worked for a digital marketing company. My boss was willing to teach me a lot of things, answer all my questions, and give good feedback for improvement. I found myself really lucky to work with people who are very helpful, supportive, and friendly. The workplace environment made me feel warm and welcome. They did their best to treat every intern as a part of their team, so I felt involved and connected.

The Intern Group's staff are always there for you. Their goals are to guarantee us being satisfied with the program and having a pleasant stay in Hong Kong. They are responsive and helpful. Every time I contact them, they quickly get me back. TIG staff is the best company you don't want to miss in Hong Kong. You can ask for help about anything, not just program-related issues. I sometimes even WhatsApp them for where to eat and menu translation.

What I treasure most from the program is friendship. I got to meet a lot of people in TIG from around the world and made friends with them. We still keep in touch and promise to visit each other after the internship. TIG also did a great job on arranging events and exploring trips around Hong Kong. We had great time hanging out together. Not only I made good friends with my fellow interns, I also made good friends with TIG's staff and the people at my workplace.

The program is not only about work experience, it is so much more than that. It offers me a chance to expose myself to the world, to actually live in another country, to have great friends for life and to have cultural experience. All of these above become possible with The Intern Group.

Thank you The Intern Group for making my dream come true!

Michael
UK
University of Newcastle

Great experience. Worthwhile anyone's time.

Taking on an internship in Hong Kong after graduating was a great decision and I would advise anyone considering it to do so. The Interngroup looked after me exceptionally well, from being logistically well organised to ensuring the social side of living in Hong Kong was everything I had expected and more (thanks to Dicky).

The apartment I lived in was small, which should be expected in Hong Kong, but it was in a relatively central location meaning my commute to work was only around 45 minutes. All of the apartments are clean and well furbished so I have no complaints about the accommodation. Most of the interns live in the same building, making socialising extremely easy.

The placement I undertook was in business analytics for a health insurance company. I can confidently say that I enjoyed my time there and I've certainly gained some valuable workplace experiences and skills.

All in all this is an unmissable experience. Hong Kong is on another level.

Adolfo
Mexico

Best decision of my life!

I was in my last year of university and deciding what to do next. I searched the opportunities I had for an internship abroad and came across The Intern Group. After almost 6 months living in Hong Kong I have to say this was the best decision I could ever made.

Since the beginning of my experience The Intern Group help me to have access to great opportunities in my field and help me get experience with my future projects. I was placed in a top F&B company in which I learned the insights on how to manage and give the best customer service in a business.

The best part of the internship was the team from The Intern Group who was always open to help in every case. It could be from some simple matters as where to eat or where to go to the doctor to help you if you have any issues with your internship. Dicky and Jenny were did an extraordinary job when they were needed.

Farida

I NEVER leave reviews- so trust me this program is worth it!

I absolutely recommend going through the intern group. They may seem a bit pricey at first, but it is worth every penny. The housing is clean and well kept, most appliances are new. The apartments are also cleaned weekly which makes it really easy to maintain. They pick you up, hook you up with a sim card, get your visa ready for you. You barley have to lift a finger. The complimentary programs and dinners are also great!

The internship placement is well thought out as well, so you are likely to be placed in a company you like. They also have someone to organize social events, and give advice on all things Hong Kong, including where to get laundry done, or where to find the best happy hour. When I did my internship it was Dicky who showed us around. He is an absolute sweetheart, we all see him as more of a friend than a tour guide.

I also specifically recommend Hong Kong as a location. Beautiful city, where you can find greenery, beaches, sky scrapers, the whole package. Also you can find really high end bars, restaurants and shopping malls, but you can also find cheap local pubs or street food.

Kiran
London

An incredible and eye opening experience!

My internship was a role in PR/Marketing which was a perfect balance between office admin work and events where it was mainly socializing and meeting clients. I would say I was greatly exposed to both the office work environment and the events side of the job. The office work was more academically challenging but after being in the company for so long and with such great colleagues I never felt stressed out or that it was not manageable. The entire experience was incredible and eye opening.

The intern group were always diligent and efficient in replying to any emails not just during the application and visa processes but also whilst being in Hong Kong. They are always willing to help especially the co-coordinator of the intern group HK who is always just a phone call away.

I would definitely do this again and recommend it to other friends. I met the most lovely people and the city is amazing, I extended my stay for another three months as I loved the experience so much. Its hard to describe just how incredible this experience has been. Definitely broadens your horizon and outlook in life as cliche as itv may sound.

Harry
Sydney
Australian National University

Rewarding experience in a new city

I have been working in an internship for start-up company that specialises in a digital marketing platform. This has been particularly exciting, as I have had the opportunity to work in a close knit team as they prepare to launch their brand new product which is a comprehensive guide to Chinese social media.

I see Hong Kong as a city of contrast, an unique blend of East and West, a city of diversity where the new and the old meet at every turn. It is a unique juxtaposition of opposing elements, with skyscraper jungles and forested mountain slopes, noisy jam-packed streets and tranquil bays and islands, wet markets and designer shopping malls, and so on. The Intern Group has helped me experience a great work culture, surrounded with unique fellow interns from a range of cultures, and all the while supported by a great team of support staff who have hosted a variety of engaging activities and trips.

This has certainly been a unique two months, in which I have experienced a lot of growth as an individual. I will certainly return to my home in Australia with a refreshed perspective on my life, as well as my career goals. I have learnt an increased sense of independence, and unlocked an adventurous side in my personality I was not aware existed. I have made friends which I expect to know for a very long time.

Harry
Sydney
Australian National University

Social

I would like to briefly discuss my satisfaction at the way the social scene has been handled here by both staff (namely dicky) and other interns, as well as the city as a whole. I was quite nervous upon first meeting the interns and wasn't sure how social I would be able to be. Dicky was exceptional in making me feel comfortable, wanted, and accepted when interacting at events. I have enjoyed the wide range of events in this program, from the night life to the hikes to the day trips, each has been well managed, unique, and great fun.

More sport activities, more professional workshops

Elena
University of Bristol

Adventure of a lifetime

Simply put, my decision to complete an internship in Hong Kong with the Intern Group after graduating from university was the best decision I ever made. From the organised and efficient application process to my amazing and ever-entertaining programme coordinators - it was a truly unforgettable experience.

I was placed at a travel and technology start-up company that from the get go set me interesting tasks and exciting responsibilities. Not only did I learn valuable and transferable skills but was able to make professional connections to help my long term career. As someone who had never been to Hong Kong, I was tentative to make the move to a place I had no idea what to expect. However, after experiencing the vibrant culture, food, exploring the mountain trails, idyllic beaches and sampling the incredible nightlife, Hong Kong has easily become one of my favourite cities. Of course, what made my time even more special were the people I met, from those I worked with, to my fellow interns with whom I’ve made hilarious memories and lasting friendships.
So, for anyone looking for the adventure of a lifetime and the opportunity to gain work experience whilst travelling, then I not only recommend the Intern Group but actively encourage you to apply!

M
Ottawa

Great program, great city, great people!

My experience in HK has been amazing..I had the opportunity to intern with a company in my field, from which I learned so much. I had a great time with the group as well and it's thanks to all of those at TIG HK! The city is amazing - there is so much to see and do. You get support from TIG from day one and they are always available to answer your questions and help out when needed. If ever you are hesitating on whether to pursue an internship in HK....don't! It's an opportunity of a lifetime and you have so much support throughout all of it. Many thanks to the Intern Group! Loved my stay in HK.

Santiafo
Bogotá, Colombia

Totally worth it

A combination of three things made my experience in Hong Kong an amazing one: the city, the job, and the people. Hong Kong is everything you'd expect it to be plus more. The city is indeed electrifying, a bit chaotic (which I loved) and every corner has something new and unique to offer. Walking around with no particular place to go to at any hour of the day was one of my favorite things to do (it is super safe). But, surprisingly enough, Hong Kong is surrounded by gorgeaous sights, hikes, beaches and islands as well. What I found in Hong Kong was a city of contrasts (nature-city, east-west, Louis Vuitton-street markets, etc) and that makes it a lot of fun.
I was a placed in a technology start-up where I was given real responsability (at the same time I was expected to create value) from day 1. This was my first working experience and I couldn't have hoped for anything better, I learned tons by actually seeing how things work first-hand in the real world. And the people: I met fantastic people (fellow interns, coworkers, and IHK staff) from literally all over the world and they made my experience in Hong Kong amazing. The IHK staff is the best, each of them is so welcoming, nice and fun! 10/10

Harmehr
Bangalore, India

An experience of a lifetime!

I worked with The Red Flag Group during my 10 week internship in Hong Kong, and that has now turned into my first full time job! The entire experience was an unforgettable one! From the people I met, the adventures I had and the culture I was exposed to, it would be an absolute blessing if I could do it all over again.
The accommodation was decent for what you hear about Hong Kong apartments. The tours were organized very well, and the tour guides were very knowledgable as well. Our intern coordinator was very helpful, friendly and was always ready to hang out when she was free! The transition into Hong Kong was very smooth, and if I required any help it was given to me as soon as possible.
All in all, this type of organized internship abroad should definitely be on everyone's to-do list because it not only gives you the professional experience you've been looking for, but also gives you an adventure filled experience. You get to meet people from all over the world, and learn about things you didn't think existed.
If you're on the fence about it, I say, take the plunge!

Tzi
Swansea University

Amazing Experience

Going to another country to live and work in is not easy but the staff at Intern Group Hong Kong were extremely helpful in helping you settle down. I was put into work in which I was given what I wanted in terms of my career path and I found my internship a worthwhile and very enjoyable experience where I have gained connections and experience which will help me in my future career. Furthermore, I met some amazing people during this internship which only made my 2 months living in Hong Kong even more enjoyable.

Slightly better apartment in terms of bathroom facilities but that was to be expected considering the housing situation in Hong Kong. In fact my apartment was very much above the average apartment size in Hong Kong.

Trang
Montreal, Canada.

Marketing Internship

The eight weeks that I have spent in Hong Kong was amazing; it is an experience that I would never be able to forget. I was able to learn and grow so much within such a short span of time, and this mind opening journey would not have been so beautiful if not for the team at Intern Hong Kong and the interns from the program. The team at IHK are not only attentive and responsive, they are incredibly caring and friendly. Ryan, Yiyan, Jeniffer, and Gemma were by my side every step of the way, from visa application, to internship placement, to accommodations and excursions.

IHK had tried their best to tailor the internship placement to my background. I major in Marketing and as a marketing intern for an online high-end wholesale fashion company, I was in charged of their retail network along with their social media content. I was able to learn greatly from this internship, in regards to the fashion industry as a whole, and micromanagement of an online retail company in specific.

Accommodations in HK are generally quite small, however, the placements are very modern and clean. Aside from the professional internship and the accommodation, the social aspect of HK was the most educational and memorable component of my time in HK. Thanks to the two amazing event program coordinators of IHK, not only was I able to explore all the breathtaking and hidden places of the concrete jungle that is HK, I was fortunate enough to meet and befriend a group of high energy, educated, and incredibly sweet individuals that are the interns.

I love every single moment I've spent in HK and I highly recommend this program.

Harriet
University of Manchester

I couldn’t recommend it more!

The whole internship program is run superbly- I couldn't recommend it more! The interngroup helped me organise my trip well and gave me a massive amount of details about Hong Kong before I even arrived. When I arrived in Hong Kong I was welcomed with open arms by the staff and fellow interns, I felt immediately at ease, safe, looked after and welcome. Ryan, Yiyan and Steph do an excellent job. I really enjoyed the amazing internship they helped me secure and I was given a detailed reference from my boss once I left which I believe will greatly help with future job applications. The social aspects of the group were arranged excellently, there was never a moments silence! There is a Whattsapp group were you can arrange meals, drinks and nights out after work and everyone is a similar age and of the same mentality that we had a very fun social life. The only sad part was leaving- so I extended my time in Hong Kong for another month! I have had the most incredible, once in a life time experience and made some lifelong friends around the world.

Nyan
Australia
University of Melbourne

Intern Group Hong Kong Finance

Intern Group organised a wonderful experience in Hong Kong. It not only included the internship at a firm in an industry I was interested in that helped me learn things as well as gain some insight into the industry. The Group also organised activities outside of work which were interesting and all the staff members were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. This helped to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience in a foreign city which can be quite daunting.

Hong Kong is also a great city to do a work internship in because it's a city with an extremely vibrant culture and nightlife. So even if you work into the evening there are still many things you can do.

The firm I was assigned to could have been slightly more organised with their program, it started off a bit shaky, but after the first couple of weeks the tasks I was assigned to were a lot more interesting and enjoyable to do and I was able to learn a lot more while the first couple of weeks were a bit hit or miss admittedly.

Tom.C
Albury, Australia
Charles Sturt University

IT Internship

Completing an Internship overseas experiencing a different culture with different technology is defiantly something I would recommend to others! Great Support! Great Accommodation! Great Atmosphere! Encourages and open mindset and an enjoyable experience!

Pre Intern Information Delivery. I found that information was delivered too close to the departure date leaving one unsure of safety and reliability of the program. Although once In Hong Kong felt very safe and reassured of the quality of the program and it's features.

Shane
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Drexel University

An amazing HK experience

This was my first major excursion out of the United States. Pairing with the Intern Group was one of the best choices I've made.

The staff is responsive and extremely helpful. They pay attention to your exact needs and help tailor your experience to ensure your growth.

I would recommend this program to anyone interested in working abroad or getting a chance to see an aspect of the world.

I didn't encounter anything that needed to be changed. A few friends had issues with their commute, but HK is relatively cheap to navigate so I am sure it wasn't that bad.

Samuel
Birmingham, England
Aston University

Unforgettable Six Months

As a student at Aston University, I was required to find work experience and undertake a placement year, as part of my BSc Economics & Management course.

I struggled to find an internship in London as job opportunities have been scarce in the UK. I was fortunate enough to come across The Intern Group and instantly was in love with the idea that I could be working in a dynamic city and in one of Asia's fastest growing financial centre.

Within a matter of a couple of week, The Intern Group were able to arrange an interview for me and provide me with all the help and preparation needed for the interview. After securing the job with a Management Consulting Firm, The Intern Group took immediate steps in helping to secure my visa and planning my accommodation along with other provisions.

During my time in Hong Kong, The Intern Group were pro-active in making sure I had settled, not only into my workplace, but the city itself. There were many social events held where interns, that had come from around the world, could socialise and network. Within no time we had created a great friendship group amongst the members on the programme.

I loved the personalised service that The Intern Group provided. Many recruitment companies that I had looked had simply seemed to place the intern and then you would never get a chance to meet the people who helped place you or run the programme. However at The Intern Group, the Hong Kong Director, was in constant contact with all the interns on a friendly and professional basis and I soon felt The Intern Group was more of a family than just an organisation to me.

My experience in Hong Kong was as perfect as it could be; even though it has been 3 months since I returned to the UK, I am still missing Hong Kong.

I would recommend The Intern Group to anyone looking to gain exeprience abroad as well as enjoy the culture and atmosphere.

Eirill
Norway

InternHK

The Intern Group is a great organisation which is well organised. Socially it was great! I had already graduated so was glad when I arrived in October and found that most of the other interns were also in their early 20s rather than undergrads (which I was told normally come in the summer months). My only disappointment was my intern company which was just a start up company and so the amount and quality of work they had for me was not what I expected. Other than that, I had a great 10 weeks.

Make sure the companies that sign up for the programme have a clear outline of what they want the interns to do.
Place the interns in housing that make more sense according to where they are working (I had a 1 hour commute).

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in London, North America, Europe, China, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel their career development forward. The Intern