• China

Non-Monetary Benefits
Year Round

Pricing

* Accommodation
* Professional development tools and workshop
* Personalized one-on-one career coaching
* Airport pick up
* A leading internship in your field of interest (we offer all sectors)
* 24/7 support from our full time Hong Kong based team
* Social and cultural events with our large international community of interns in Hong Kong!

Program fees do not include visa fees, flights, insurance or daily food & drink. Please refer to our website for all of our scholarship and grant opportunities.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Visa
What's Not Included
Airfare Meals Travel Insurance
Jun 15, 2022
Aug 11, 2022
44 travelers are looking at this program

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the cultural and financial capitals of the world, Hong Kong. During your internship, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Hong Kong will make you stand out from your peers. Our purpose is to help you realize your potential.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for candidates at all stages of their professional or academic career. We have previously placed interns at KPMG, TEDx and AIM in Hong Kong.

Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one career coaching session for alumni and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

Program Highlights

• Have a top-class professional internship in Hong Kong! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In todays society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Have an amazing life experience in Asia's most high profile city! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of locals who are there to give you support 24/7.
  • Make friends and professional networks in Asia, and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
  • Develop the professional skills to make your mark in the 21st Century! By immersing yourself in a new culture and doing an international internship, you learn about different cultures and the way they work.

• 9-10 rating 93.33%
  • 3-4 rating 1.67%
Mireia

Hong Kong TIG

Despite COVID I was able to get to Hong Kong and enjoy my experience. I learned a lot, I met a lot of international people, I tried a lot of amazing food. Hong Kong has a lot to offer and the city is amazing. I would recommend to do at least 4 months so you have time to visit everything. Don’t limit yourself to the events given, there are always places to visit and events to meet a lot if interesting people. Don’t be afraid of immersing yourself in a new culture, and be open to trying a lot of new things.

Pros
  • Multicultural
  • food
  • Practice english
Cons
  • Covid
  • Expenses
  • There are stupid people everywhere in the workd, so you may find some
Jasmine

Amazing program

Overall I loved my time with the intern group. They were very helpful in communication and helping me get to my designated country before arrive despite all effects of Covid and only continued to be amazing assistance whilst there. They placed me with a great host. As I was apart of the digital nomad program I had more freedom to explore my country which they always supported. The plans activities were always fun and I feel I have made international friends for life. My stay with there provided accommodation with perfect/safe. I didn’t have any problem in the process. There was always someone to contact if I needed assistance or advice. The work modules were also useful providing content on career advancement which I can now apply to future roles. I would definitely recommend this program to a friend as I had the time of my life.

Pros
  • Travelling
  • Making international friends
  • Career advancement
Felix

Have a great time due to a great organization

My time at The Intern Group in Hong Kong was with two words: pretty amazing!
I applied because I had to find an internship internationally in fall 2021 as part of my university degree. Having done some market research, I concluded that TIG was the most experienced in this field.
Summing up what they most helped me with,
I would say:
- Visa and Covid precautions
- Contact person and coordinator at the desired location (Sau Yi, what a guy!!!)
- Assistance with finding the right internship, using their network, improving your CV format etc.
- Housing & quick networking/finding friends in Hong Kong
- Weekly events amongst all the other interns (dinners, hikes, trips)

So is it possible to have the same experience without TIG? Yes, absolutely

Is it likely you will enjoy your limited time there just as much?
Most likely not because living in new environments and gathering internship opportunities has a lot to do with who you know and how much you know and at least in this department I can say that The Intern Group Hong Kong program that has a fantastic program manager in Sau and that it is very smooth to dive into your new life in Hong Kong thanks to TIG.

Guillaume

My Intern Group Review

The Intern Group has been a very nice experience for me. They have helped me to find an amazing 6-month intern job at the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong. After signing my contract, they helped me to apply my visa online. When I arrived, Sau (program advisory and visa officer of the Intern Group) was organising some online events when I was in quarantine.

On the same week that I left the quarantine hotel. He organised a dinner at the restaurant with other people from the Intern Group. It feels very nice to meet new people when you just arrived in a new city.

After that, during all my internship period. Sau was organising some visits and hikes around Hong Kong, which were very well organised and great! I’ve got the chance to meet a lot of interesting people from many different countries.

At the end of my internship, I succeed to find a trainee job at the Belgium-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce. Sau helped me to apply for my new job visa! He was very kind with me and always tried to catch up with me. It is a pleasure to meet him, and I wish keeping hangout with him in the future if I stay even longer in Hong Kong.

Best wishes to you Sau and thank you to the Intern Group for this experience!

Guillaume Duchene

Angel

Excellent experience in Hong Kong

My experience was excellent.
I went to a 4 month internship program in Hong Kong. At first I didn’t know what to expect because it was my first time travelling with The Intern Group, but I can say that since the beginning they supported me with the whole process and I did not struggle at all to fill out the documents that they requested. During my stay, the customer service was phenomenal and they immediately answered any question or doubts I had. The city, the residence, the job and everything met my expectations.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar things were the Chicken Feet ot Crab eggs. It was my first time trying this kind of food and I liked it.
Landon

Human Resources Intern

The living conditions are great. And the city is beautiful. I met so many amazing people! I was also able to participate in some cool projects involving human resources and corporate wellbeing. Make sure that you choose a company that you can feel passionate about when applying. TIG is great at giving you the experience you want. Don't be scarred to discuss your needs with them.
Also, be sure to do more than just explore the city. Make sure to explore the many amazing hikes and beaches in Hong Kong.

Make sure to choose a company that you really feel good about, and not simply the first one by which you are interviewed. It pays to work on something you can be passionate about.
Kevin

I had an amazing time interning in Hong Kong

I had the opportunity to intern in Hong Kong in a prime french company in their sourcing department. This opportunity was enabled by The Intern Group Hong Kong. I am very thankful for this opportunity that enabled me to increase my experience, expand my network and familiarize myself with the rich Cantonese culture. I blindly recommend enrolling in their program and also recommend taking an internship in Hong Kong that happens a great city to explore, hang out and have unique experiences. I would recommend Lan Kwai Fong over the weekend for outings and for networking with local and international professionals living in Hong Kong.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I tried quite a few curious but delicious dishes such as Dim Sum, century-old eggs and got to attend a traditional tea cerenomy
Nefelie

Invaluable experience

The Intern Group has definitely opened the doors to my future career path & I'm very grateful for this! Even during a pandemic, my two coordinators Sau Yi & Joyce were fantastic to making sure everything was smoothe before I even arrived to Hong Kong - their support & organisation during such a hectic time was so so helpful. Once I was here, I was welcomed by their activities & I've met some people in the accommodation that was offered to top off my experience with them. I took away a lot from my internship & I networked with a lot of people ... I even extended my time in Hong Kong with their help of finding a new job here!

Hi Subramanian! Whether these internships are paid or not is down to each specific placement company! However, their international internships do tend to be unpaid.

Hi Anas, yes recent graduates can apply for our program. Many recent graduates do our program as a way to make their resumes and CVs stand out when applying for jobs after. Plus, it's the perfect way to see a new part of the world before settling into your career.

Hi Sharon, Thanks so much for your question. There aren't any education qualifications other than being at least a high school graduate, for visa purposes. We accept Gap Year students in Hong Kong as well. Check out our website to learn more. www.theinterngroup.com. Best, Danielle

Hi Maya, Thank you for your question. We do provide housing as part of The Intern Group program. Interns on our program live in a private bedroom in a shared apartment. They share the apartment with other interns on the program, young professionals or international students.