International Internships in Hong Kong with The Intern Group

Intern Hong Kong
Intern Hong Kong
View from Wooloomooloo Wan Chai rooftop bar
After work

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the cultural and financial capitals of the world, Hong Kong. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Hong Kong will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. We have previously placed interns at KPMG, TEDx and AIM in Hong Kong.

Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one career coaching session for alumni and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

• Have a top-class international internship in Hong Kong! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In todays society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Have an amazing life experience in Asia's most high profile city! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of locals who are there to give you support 24/7.
  • Make friends and professional networks in Asia, and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
  • Develop the professional skills to make your mark in the 21st Century! By immersing yourself in a new culture and doing an international internship, you learn about different cultures and the way they work.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Hi Subramanian! Whether these internships are paid or not is down to each specific placement company! However, their international internships do tend to be unpaid.
Hi Anas, yes recent graduates can apply for our program. Many recent graduates do our program as a way to make their resumes and CVs stand out when applying for jobs after. Plus, it's the perfect way to see a new part of the world before settling into your career.
Hi Sharon, Thanks so much for your question. There aren't any education qualifications other than being at least a high school graduate, for visa purposes. We accept Gap Year students in Hong Kong as well. Check out our website to learn more. www.theinterngroup.com . Best, Danielle
Hi Maya, Thank you for your question. We do provide housing as part of The Intern Group program. Interns on our program live in a private bedroom in a shared apartment. They share the apartment with other interns on the program, young professionals or international students.

Kristine

Summer Internship Abroad

During my 6 weeks in Hong Kong, I had a fantastic time! Everyone there was super nice and I learned a lot about Hong Kong and my internship. I liked where we were placed for our housing. It might be considered small, but the view I had from my room was amazing. My internship placement went well too! I was able to do a lot of cool digital marketing and content creation. Last but not least, the event excursions we went to were really enjoyable. Overall, I had an amazing time in Hong Kong from the food, social events, to my internship. I learned a lot and gained so much experience in a short amount of 6 weeks. A huge shoutout to The Intern Group Hong Kong team for doing such a fantastic job. I honestly had a great time and would recommend everyone to do an internship abroad :)

Morgan

Amazing International Internship Experience

My degree program has a required Capstone “course” that can be filled either by taking a class, conducting research, or having an internship in the field. The InternGroup was very understanding, matching me with a company that met all of my University programs criteria. It talking with other members in the program, it felt like we were all given individual attention and support to meet our individual goals.

The InternGroup also hosted very fun tourist trips and meals. I liked that the meals were hosted all over the city, and while optional, were great opportunities to meet the other interns from around the world.

Having just secured a full-time job, and gone through the interview process, I know that my international experience made my resume stand out - my time in Hong Kong became a topic of discussion in every interview I had.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Honestly, it was landing at the Hong Kong airport, having been fairly calm before my trip it felt like I was hit hall of a sudden with intense nerves. So I cannot stress enough how convenient the Airport pick up and drop off was at the start and end of my program.
Nelson

Great Experience

This was a great experience in Hong Kong! The support I received was great and there are weekly activities organised for us to explore our location! This allowed me to establish friendships with people from a variety of backgrounds which made me realize that despite our differences, there are always ways we can connect with one another! I would definitely recommend this program! This program is very international and made me understand how to build a professional circle of your own. I feel like this program allowed me to discover my weaknesses and strengths in a professional sense, which will allow me to develop further as a working professional. There are many industries and areas offered in this program which makes is very suitable for individuals with different career paths!

More destinations in the future! Despite the huge number of cities the program offers, adding some more less known cities would be interesting!
Tarrik

Hong Kong 5 Week Internship

Having TIG find you housing, plan your events, and assist with finding a job helped a lot with having my 5 week internship be stress free. I was hesitant at first as I thought TIG was a scam but soon after I applied and started doing more research, I noticed that there a lot of success stories that came out of TIG over the years

My experience at The Red Flag Group (the company I interned at) has enhanced my job search significantly even though it was my first work experience. My manager went out of her way to teach me skills that have been essential in my job search since I finished working there.

Overall, I think that TIG HK provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a beautiful city like Hong Kong while providing the support to visit famous attractions and meet many other people within the program.

Annette

Fantastic experience in HK!

The intern group provides secure accomodation and tips for making sure your internship experience is worthwhile. I interned for 2 months and I can honestly say I had the best experience when it came to making new friends, getting to know some of my colleagues and most importantly whether I wanted to pursue consultancy as a career after I completed the program. With the intern group’s help, I was able to secure a position in a financial services consultancy company, which allowed me to gain a wide depth of knowledge and experience through my mentor. Although, my first week started off mandane, I was later given more responsibilities with projects.

Nevertheless, I had a great time also getting to explore Hong Kong people from all around the world - hiking and taking part with many excursions provided by the intern group. Definitely a worthwhile experience.

Provide more workshops on career building and how to create a useful resume
Joseph

A memorable first step!

Finding housing, planning your events, and finding a job is a rather big task, especially when you don't have the experience or knowledge. With The Intern Group, I was able to see a lot of what Hong Kong had to offer, live in a rather comfortable area with all the other interns, and get valuable life and work experience. I also appreciate them helping me get a visa. Going to theme parks, cooking events, and getting to see Lantau and Macau is something I'll cherish for a long time. It also helps that I was able to grow as a character while I was there and was able to live in Hong Kong, a place I really wanted to be in! I got to experience the city life, buying from the small corner store, and enjoying the most delicious food from the small restaurants you can find. I am very thankful for them, and I highly recommend them!

More arranged lectures with public speakers for job and life skills, and to hang out afterwards.
Keiden

3 Month Internship in HK

I'll start by saying that I was worried that the Intern Group was a scam. I learned pretty quickly that this was not the case.

I had an amazing time during my 12 week program in Hong Kong. I thought the location of where I lived was fantastic; conveniently close to public transport, to social scenes and to eating locations. The apartment itself was good; modern and clean. Living with other interns is also some of the best fun you can get.

Now I will preface to say that your experience will differ greatly depending on the place you intern at; I was SUPER lucky with an amazing company (APV), who were just wonderful.

The Intern Group do a good job of making you feel comfortable and settling you in. Any questions or doubts you have, they'll do all they can to address those issues. The events are a lot of fun, and are a great way to meet other interns; highly recommend going to them.

Thanks a lot Intern Group!

Amy

Best Experience!

The Intern Group did an amazing job at placing me with my internship. It’s as if they really knew who I was and what would be best for me. The internship I had was truly life changing and I owe it all to The Intern Group. Our accommodations were also great. We stayed in a more residential part of Hong Kong which was great because we were able to go to the island when we wanted to with ease, but didn’t have to live among the crazy bustle of the city at all times. The Intern Group gave me life long friends and experiences that I wouldn’t trade for the world. They treated us with respect and like adults which you don’t always find in an organized group setting. If you have the means and the opportunity to, please go to Hong Kong with The Intern Group—you won’t regret your decision.

I worked on Saturdays and so I lost a lot of money because I couldn’t do the excursions and I would have either liked a refund or would have liked TIG to be more aware of the days/hours of the job they place us in since they are the ones that placed us.
Shawn
Shawn

International Networking

This experience provided insights and experiences that were unlikely to have been found otherwise. Through networking with coworkers and other members of the program in my major, insights of engineers from all over Europe, the United States, and Asia formulated an image of how different cultures can shape an engineer. By working at a small start-up company, I had a feeling that I was directly contributing and benefitting the company and that I played an important role in the development of their product. This is something I did not feel at a large corporation. My only regrets about doing this program was that I did not stay longer. Seriously, it’s worth it.

Justin

Unreal Experience - From the United States to Hong Kong

I applied for this program expecting a decent internship and a more or less "study abroad" experience. I got much more than I expected. I worked as a research analyst and the knowledge I acquired has helped tremendously in my job hunt today.

The Intern Group team provides accommodations that are more than suitable for the duration of the internship. Also, you are housed with the other interns so you pretty much have an automatic friend group when you move in.

If you attend the events (which I highly recommend you do) you'll learn an incredible amount about the culture and layout of Hong Kong.

As for post internship information. Putting an internship in Hong Kong on my resume has been an automatic conversation starter in all of my interviews.

100% would recommend pursuing this opportunity.

Dawn

Great way to experience an entirely new place

The InternGroup provided an all inclusive internship experience in a foreign country, on a continent I had never been to before. I never would have been able to pick up my life and move to a completely foreign country and settle in the way I have been able to with the InternGroup. The housing was better than I had expected and the outings allowed for an instant friend group to be formed, making Hong Kong feel like home in no time. The internship and volunteer opportunities in Hong Kong allowed me to be exposed to an entirely new culture and group of people in a way an internship in my home country never could have done.

Cut the cost a bit, and make sure that activities are evenly spread out throughout every week.
Farida

I NEVER leave reviews- so trust me this program is worth it!

I absolutely recommend going through the intern group. They may seem a bit pricey at first, but it is worth every penny. The housing is clean and well kept, most appliances are new. The apartments are also cleaned weekly which makes it really easy to maintain. They pick you up, hook you up with a sim card, get your visa ready for you. You barley have to lift a finger. The complimentary programs and dinners are also great!

The internship placement is well thought out as well, so you are likely to be placed in a company you like. They also have someone to organize social events, and give advice on all things Hong Kong, including where to get laundry done, or where to find the best happy hour. When I did my internship it was Dicky who showed us around. He is an absolute sweetheart, we all see him as more of a friend than a tour guide.

I also specifically recommend Hong Kong as a location. Beautiful city, where you can find greenery, beaches, sky scrapers, the whole package. Also you can find really high end bars, restaurants and shopping malls, but you can also find cheap local pubs or street food.

Harry

Rewarding experience in a new city

I have been working in an internship for start-up company that specialises in a digital marketing platform. This has been particularly exciting, as I have had the opportunity to work in a close knit team as they prepare to launch their brand new product which is a comprehensive guide to Chinese social media.

I see Hong Kong as a city of contrast, an unique blend of East and West, a city of diversity where the new and the old meet at every turn. It is a unique juxtaposition of opposing elements, with skyscraper jungles and forested mountain slopes, noisy jam-packed streets and tranquil bays and islands, wet markets and designer shopping malls, and so on. The Intern Group has helped me experience a great work culture, surrounded with unique fellow interns from a range of cultures, and all the while supported by a great team of support staff who have hosted a variety of engaging activities and trips.

This has certainly been a unique two months, in which I have experienced a lot of growth as an individual. I will certainly return to my home in Australia with a refreshed perspective on my life, as well as my career goals. I have learnt an increased sense of independence, and unlocked an adventurous side in my personality I was not aware existed. I have made friends which I expect to know for a very long time.

Harry

Social

I would like to briefly discuss my satisfaction at the way the social scene has been handled here by both staff (namely dicky) and other interns, as well as the city as a whole. I was quite nervous upon first meeting the interns and wasn't sure how social I would be able to be. Dicky was exceptional in making me feel comfortable, wanted, and accepted when interacting at events. I have enjoyed the wide range of events in this program, from the night life to the hikes to the day trips, each has been well managed, unique, and great fun.

More sport activities, more professional workshops
Elena

Adventure of a lifetime

Simply put, my decision to complete an internship in Hong Kong with the Intern Group after graduating from university was the best decision I ever made. From the organised and efficient application process to my amazing and ever-entertaining programme coordinators - it was a truly unforgettable experience.

I was placed at a travel and technology start-up company that from the get go set me interesting tasks and exciting responsibilities. Not only did I learn valuable and transferable skills but was able to make professional connections to help my long term career. As someone who had never been to Hong Kong, I was tentative to make the move to a place I had no idea what to expect. However, after experiencing the vibrant culture, food, exploring the mountain trails, idyllic beaches and sampling the incredible nightlife, Hong Kong has easily become one of my favourite cities. Of course, what made my time even more special were the people I met, from those I worked with, to my fellow interns with whom I’ve made hilarious memories and lasting friendships.
So, for anyone looking for the adventure of a lifetime and the opportunity to gain work experience whilst travelling, then I not only recommend the Intern Group but actively encourage you to apply!

Location:
70 F / 59 F
Airports:
Hong Kong International Airport
( HKG )

Hong Kong has an interesting duality to it, as it was under British colonization but is historically Cantonese Chinese. This major tourist hub has been dubbed "Asia's World City" due to its variety of cultural influences.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...