• China

Non-Monetary Benefits
Year Round

Pricing

* Accommodation
* Professional development tools and workshop
* Personalized one-on-one career coaching
* Airport pick up
* A leading internship in your field of interest (we offer all sectors)
* 24/7 support from our full time Hong Kong based team
* Social and cultural events with our large international community of interns in Hong Kong!

Program fees do not include visa fees, flights, insurance or daily food & drink. Please refer to our website for all of our scholarship and grant opportunities.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Visa
What's Not Included
Airfare Meals Travel Insurance
Jun 15, 2022
May 12, 2022
43 travelers are looking at this program

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the cultural and financial capitals of the world, Hong Kong. During your internship, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Hong Kong will make you stand out from your peers. Our purpose is to help you realize your potential.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for candidates at all stages of their professional or academic career. We have previously placed interns at KPMG, TEDx and AIM in Hong Kong.

Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one career coaching session for alumni and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

Program Highlights

• Have a top-class professional internship in Hong Kong! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In todays society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Have an amazing life experience in Asia's most high profile city! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of locals who are there to give you support 24/7.
  • Make friends and professional networks in Asia, and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
  • Develop the professional skills to make your mark in the 21st Century! By immersing yourself in a new culture and doing an international internship, you learn about different cultures and the way they work.

• 9-10 rating 94.74%
  • 7-8 rating 3.51%
  • 3-4 rating 1.75%
Guillaume

My Intern Group Review

The Intern Group has been a very nice experience for me. They have helped me to find an amazing 6-month intern job at the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong. After signing my contract, they helped me to apply my visa online. When I arrived, Sau (program advisory and visa officer of the Intern Group) was organising some online events when I was in quarantine.

On the same week that I left the quarantine hotel. He organised a dinner at the restaurant with other people from the Intern Group. It feels very nice to meet new people when you just arrived in a new city.

After that, during all my internship period. Sau was organising some visits and hikes around Hong Kong, which were very well organised and great! I’ve got the chance to meet a lot of interesting people from many different countries.

At the end of my internship, I succeed to find a trainee job at the Belgium-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce. Sau helped me to apply for my new job visa! He was very kind with me and always tried to catch up with me. It is a pleasure to meet him, and I wish keeping hangout with him in the future if I stay even longer in Hong Kong.

Best wishes to you Sau and thank you to the Intern Group for this experience!

Guillaume Duchene

Angel

Excellent experience in Hong Kong

My experience was excellent.
I went to a 4 month internship program in Hong Kong. At first I didn’t know what to expect because it was my first time travelling with The Intern Group, but I can say that since the beginning they supported me with the whole process and I did not struggle at all to fill out the documents that they requested. During my stay, the customer service was phenomenal and they immediately answered any question or doubts I had. The city, the residence, the job and everything met my expectations.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar things were the Chicken Feet ot Crab eggs. It was my first time trying this kind of food and I liked it.
Landon

Human Resources Intern

The living conditions are great. And the city is beautiful. I met so many amazing people! I was also able to participate in some cool projects involving human resources and corporate wellbeing. Make sure that you choose a company that you can feel passionate about when applying. TIG is great at giving you the experience you want. Don't be scarred to discuss your needs with them.
Also, be sure to do more than just explore the city. Make sure to explore the many amazing hikes and beaches in Hong Kong.

Make sure to choose a company that you really feel good about, and not simply the first one by which you are interviewed. It pays to work on something you can be passionate about.
Kevin

I had an amazing time interning in Hong Kong

I had the opportunity to intern in Hong Kong in a prime french company in their sourcing department. This opportunity was enabled by The Intern Group Hong Kong. I am very thankful for this opportunity that enabled me to increase my experience, expand my network and familiarize myself with the rich Cantonese culture. I blindly recommend enrolling in their program and also recommend taking an internship in Hong Kong that happens a great city to explore, hang out and have unique experiences. I would recommend Lan Kwai Fong over the weekend for outings and for networking with local and international professionals living in Hong Kong.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I tried quite a few curious but delicious dishes such as Dim Sum, century-old eggs and got to attend a traditional tea cerenomy
Nefelie

Invaluable experience

The Intern Group has definitely opened the doors to my future career path & I'm very grateful for this! Even during a pandemic, my two coordinators Sau Yi & Joyce were fantastic to making sure everything was smoothe before I even arrived to Hong Kong - their support & organisation during such a hectic time was so so helpful. Once I was here, I was welcomed by their activities & I've met some people in the accommodation that was offered to top off my experience with them. I took away a lot from my internship & I networked with a lot of people ... I even extended my time in Hong Kong with their help of finding a new job here!

Arwinder

Hong Kong Social Media Marketing/Research Intern

This experience offered me invaluable amounts of personal and professional growth I wouldn’t have gotten in America. Through this internship I truly learned the meaning of hard work.

The Intern Group staff were always in contact with me assuring me if I needed anything throughout the entirety of the program I could go to them for help which was a big relief.

The housing accommodation was truly amazing and I will cherish and hold the connections I made with everyone for my entire life.

I would definitely recommend anyone thinking of an International Internship to take the opportunity!

What was your funniest moment?
Going out after work with coworkers to celebrate the successful focus group workshops we held and seeing a lighter side of my boss and coworkers was amazing to me.
Olivia

Great Business Development training in Hong Kong

I did my Business Development training/internship in Hong Kong. It was a very interesting experience which boosted my career essentially. The Intern Group organized everything perfectly, in advance but also on premise. There was great support at all times from The Intern Group, they are very welcoming and professional. I arrived in the middle of the COVID crisis but with the help of TIG and the company in Hong Kong, it was not a big issue at all. TIG helped me to get the opportunity to work in an international company and learn about another industry and its global projects. I can definetly recommend this program without any doubts.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Book a longer period of time. (more than 3 months)
Dominique

Hong Kong Internship Program during Covid

Thank you to the TIG team for always been there every time I had a question and any kind of problems.
Because of the pandemic, there were a lot of problems with the flights, quarantines, and destinations, I had to change the first option from Melbourne to Hong Kong, and I have to say it was the best decision I could have taken, I had the best time there, the friends that I made, the experiences that I had, what I learned at a professional and personal level, the adventures, everything was better than I expected and that was because I always kept an open mind and a positive attitude.
Taking part in this program was one of the best decision I have taken, I recommend it to everyone interested in gaining professional experience and wanting to build a career abroad, but at the same time, you get to know a different culture, allowing you to grow in so many different ways. If things don't go as planned, don't worry, the TIG team will be there to help you out and figure out so you can have the best experience, but remember to always keep a positive attitude and an open mind.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would do it for a longer period of time, 8 weeks went just too fast!

Hi Subramanian! Whether these internships are paid or not is down to each specific placement company! However, their international internships do tend to be unpaid.

Hi Anas, yes recent graduates can apply for our program. Many recent graduates do our program as a way to make their resumes and CVs stand out when applying for jobs after. Plus, it's the perfect way to see a new part of the world before settling into your career.

Hi Sharon, Thanks so much for your question. There aren't any education qualifications other than being at least a high school graduate, for visa purposes. We accept Gap Year students in Hong Kong as well. Check out our website to learn more. www.theinterngroup.com. Best, Danielle

Hi Maya, Thank you for your question. We do provide housing as part of The Intern Group program. Interns on our program live in a private bedroom in a shared apartment. They share the apartment with other interns on the program, young professionals or international students.