Zentern Internship & Cultural Program in Japan

Internship in Tokyo
Internship in Tokyo
Internship in Tokyo, Zentern
Internship in Tokyo, Zentern

Zentern offers you a fantastic Internship & Cultural Program. Operating mainly in Tokyo and Osaka we arrange internships in a wide variety of industries.
During weekdays & weekends, our ZenTeam takes you out to explore and learn more about Japan & its (pop)culture!

No Japanese needed but you can sign up for our Japanese classes.

We will guide you through the whole process and take care of you during and after completion of the program.

Sign up now or let's chat through a Skype meeting. We'd love to meet with you and hear what your dream internship is.
Thanks for making Zentern a part of your experience! :)

Tais

A small review

I would say that my experience with Zentern was extremely pleasant. We had our fun events, while I did not go for all of them, I am not a big fan of skiing, I still had a lot of fun. Though the best part was the Zentern always having my back. Making sure that when my company had management issued that I came out okay and when my dorm had issues with my rent, they made sure that the issue was solved. I would gladly recommend going on an international internship to anyone, especially those looking for new experinces.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The rent issue mentioned above. I was scared that I would lose my room, but the Zentern representative helped me through the issue and I was able to relax again.
Tiffany

Marketing and Event Planning Internship in Tokyo

I am 19 and I come from Hong Kong. Though I haven't graduated from the university yet, I am always panicking about not being competitive and my knowledge at the moment is way not enough to fulfil the requirements of my future employers. My university provides 1 and a half month semester break in between two semesters, so I decided not to waste it and find something to enhance myself.
Finding a suitable internship agency is hard. Not only does it need to be professional, but it also need to meet up my own expectations. The main reasons I chose Zentern at last is because of their friendliness and quick response (no My internship coordinator is amazing!). They replied my inquiries patiently and never send a robotic message, which I found them taking good care of every Zenterns. They also found me a good internship place which I met many new friends and explored a lot on Japanese cultures and Marketing and Event Planning field.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely choose to stay for longer as I didn't have enough time to travel around the whole Tokyo and didn't meet the other Zenterns so often!
kajal

No regrets, go abroad!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kajal. I am a 21-years-old IT-student from the Netherlands.
I have been in Tokyo for 5 months now.
This experience wouldn't be possible if it weren't for Zentern.
They have helped me from the start until the end.
I've always wanted to study abroad or do an internship abroad. So I started to look for internships myself. As a 21-year-old student with no work experience in my field it is really hard to find an internship abroad. I almost thought of giving up, because it was really hard to find something. But then I looked for companies who could help me find an internship. Through a website called ikwilweg.nl I found Zentern. Zentern helped me beyond my expectations, because I always heard a lot of bad stuff about companies who help with internships, so at first I didn't wanted to consider one, but thank god I did.
When I came here I didn't know anyone, but Zentern helped me so much these past five months. At first I thought how am I going to survive here on my own for so long, but then Zentern gave me so many opportunities to connect with other people.
Even before I came to Japan Zentern helped me with a lot to make it my stay more comfortable and less stressful, because as a student you have to think about so many things like housing for example.
Zentern didn't only help me with the basic things like looking for an internship and housing, but because of them I made friends for a lifetime and I was able to see more of Tokyo.
Zentern really made this experience the best one for me. It is something I will never forget. So thank you Zentern for making this a unforgettable experience!
If you ever consider going abroad then just take the risk, because some chances only come once in a lifetime!

Lots of love from

Kajal

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I definitely would've started with sightseeing in Japan much earlier. Like if I knew that 5 months would pass so fast, would've started right the first day I was here. Japan is such a beautiful country and there is so much to see! 5 months is waaaay to short, so I am definitely coming back here! So Tokyo may we meet again soon!
Antoine

Design internship in Tokyo

I did my internship in Tokyo in an event company as a space designer. It was really interesting and I had improve many software skills and digital draw skills. It was a good experience to learn more about a completely different culture and also to start learning Japanese too. I discovered many amazing places in Tokyo and all around Japan, some places, landscapes and some habit that you can see only in Japan. It was so fun to meet new awesome people from all around the world, to work with them or partying with them. I hope to come back in Japan soon.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
It's the difference between Japanese culture and European culture. There are so many difference on social.
Amber

Go with Zentern!!

Hello, I am Amber from Italy.
I was doubting where to go for an experience abroad. Being half Italian and half British, I grew up with 2 different cultures but wanted to explore and experience something new. Through some online research I found Zentern and glad I did! They have been so helpful and patient with me to make the step to sign up all the way to my arrival to Japan. My internship was at an international company located in Ginza. I was doing a mix of graphic design, app development and video production (my hobby). This is exactly what I wanted to do and didn't think the experience would be better than I have imagined. The Zentern team was always there for me and they gave me a family feeling. In doubt, please go with Zentern! You won't regret it.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Perhaps staying a bit longer (I stayed 8-weeks but 12-weeks would have been better) and making the decision earlier!
Adza

Just Do It!

I was only in Tokyo for a month and I keep wishing I had come for longer because there is so much to see and do. I really wanted an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone this summer, and Zentern helped me achieve exactly that.

My internship placement was amazing, and I was given the opportunity to work with and learn from like-minded people. Additionally, I have picked up a ton of new skills that will benefit me in the coming school year, as well as in the future, career wise. I am also happy to have made friends in the office and with other Zentern interns.

The activities planned by Zentern were a lot of fun and pushed me to explore different areas of Tokyo and discover new interests. I was very nervous about navigating around Tokyo because I do not speak Japanese, but found people were very helpful whenever I got lost.

The highlight of my trip was the food and I am so happy to have tried so many new things and discover new favorite foods.

I wish I could do it all over again!

Valeria

Best expierence in my life

At first, I was quite worried about going to another country alone and not knowing the language but the Zentern team helped me with all the first steps to start my internship with confidence and to have a pleasant stay in Tokyo. They helped me to find a convenient accomodation, a sim card and to understand the public transportation. I stayed for five months and never got bored. The team organized every weekend different events around tokyo with other interns. It was nice to know not only japanese people but also from all around the world and to learn their different cultures.
Whenever I had questions or problems, Zentern was easy to contact and always wanted to help me. I can say going to Tokyo was one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Raw chicken, sea urchin, sea eel, scallops and everything with matcha.
Read my full story
Tom

Business Internship

I applied at Zentern to do a marketing internship in Tokyo, the selections process was very smooth! Arriving in Japan for the first time was quiet scary and exciting at the same time! Luckily, the Zentern staff gave me a warm welcome and doing fun activities with other interns made making friends a lot easier. For example, we would go to the digital art museum, night aquarium and other fun events!

The marketing internship was quite challenging and helped me to grow from a student into a young professional. I was assisting the marketing director with market research, attending events, prospecting and other digital marketing activities. My intern company allowed me to take online Japanese lessons three hours per week which resulted in a conversational level at the end of the internship. I would definitely invest some time in learning the Japanese language this makes the experience more authentic!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing I ate was a sea urchin! Quite a different experience as the structure was something I never have tasted before! Highly, recommend to try it in a good sushi place.