• Japan
    • Fukuoka
    • Okinawa
4 to 24 weeks
Industry
Accounting Advertising Architecture Business Communications Computer Science Culinary Arts Design Economics Finance Hospitality Law Performing Arts Photography Startups Technology Tourism +7

Program Details

• Young Professionals are welcome to apply

Pricing

We offer 2 programs in Japan - Culture & Career and Simple:

Application fee is JPY58,000
The application fee is refundable in case Zentern is not able to set up an interview with a company within your field.

Program fees start from JPY200,000
Invoiced once your internship has been confirmed and possible to pay in installments.

Included:
- Housing Assistance
- Orientation Day
- Career Consultation by Professional Recruiters
- Alumni Group

Online and virtual internships in Japan are available as well.
What's Included
Some Activities Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Visa Wifi
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Travel Insurance
Jul 26, 2020
Nov 10, 2022
42 travelers are looking at this program

WE'RE OPEN!
Spring, Summer and Fall 2022 in-person internships are available.
Zentern arranges your visa and guarantees your internship in Japan.
Finding an internship in Japan has never been this easy!

Zentern offers you a fantastic Internship & Cultural Program in Japan.
Operating mainly in Tokyo and Osaka we arrange internships in a wide variety of industries.
During weekdays & weekends, our team takes you out to explore and learn more about Japan & its (pop)culture!

No Japanese is needed but you can sign up for our Japanese classes.
We will guide you through the whole process and take care of you during and after the completion of the program.

Sign up now or let's chat through an online meeting. We'd love to meet with you and hear what kind of internship you're looking for.
Thanks for making Zentern a part of your experience! :)

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Sabrina

Tourism and Marketing Internship Experience

My internship experience allowed me to refine my skills, learn more about all the aspects of my chosen industry and gain valuable experience. The professional team at Zentern was undoubtedly helpful and supportive throughout the 3-months journey. Altogether it was a one-of-a-kind program that enabled me to explore Japan and all it has to offer while simultaneously building my resume and networking. I would highly recommend Zentern's programs to anyone who is looking for a new adventure abroad and work experience :)

Casper

Best time of my life

Zentern was really fast at finding an company where I could do my internship, after one interview with the company I got accepted. Zentern was really helpful with requesting the visum for Japan and gave a lot of help when i got into Japan. The activities that I did with Zentern and other interns where really fun and I had the time of my life in Tokyo. The accommodation that Zentern got for me was really good and not to expensive. During my stay in Japan I made a lot of new friends. I am really glad I took this opportunity to do my internship in Japan .

Pros
  • Good help with everything
  • Fun activities
Leo

Got to Japan with Zentern

For over 2-years I have been waiting to enter Japan. Japan was closed for too long. I found Zentern online and was able to obtain a visa through them and am currently interning in Tokyo. My experience so far is amazing! Everything went very fast, within 1 month Zentern arranged my internship, housing and visa.
At the moment, I work 4-days a week at a marketing agency in Tokyo. I assist 2 marketing managers with their work. This includes creating and developing marketing strategies and analyzing current market trends. I also get to join with client meetings. My workplace is very relaxed and life in Tokyo has been great so far.

Pros
  • Quality of my internship is fantastic.
  • Prices are very good compared to other internship agencies
  • Friendly, very fast with everything and we meet up many times in Tokyo
Cons
  • Houses are a bit smaller but I got used to it.
Shadae

A Great Time!

It's been some time after my internship and I wanted to say how amazing and integral the experience was for me. Zentern had provided me with an opportunity to experience my profession in the real world. COVID-19 impacted everyone tremendously, but thankfully it didn't impact my internship quality. The quality was top-notch and it gave me so many online skills that have put me ahead of my studies. I'm currently a Film senior in college and those same skills are currently helping me take my capstone to the next level. You would assume that the time zone would be an issue with working but it wasn't at all. Zentern worked with me to establish a comfortable time to communicate as well. In general, every time I was worried or needed clarity on something Noa was there for me all the way! Although I had my internship online, it was really professional and well done so anyone who's concerned about traveling somewhere new won't be missing any quality by doing it online. However, I have no doubt that if the online service is this good then the in-person experience must be phenomenal!

The photo may seem irrelevant, but it was during a trip to Savannah with a friend that was soon departing for college. I was able to go on this trip with her while doing my internship on my laptop, at this very same Cafe! That's just how flexible this opportunity was. Seriously, to all that may be doubting, this is your sign to go for it!

Pros
  • Beginner Friendly
  • Supportive
  • Insightful
Jack

Online Internship in Japan

Thanks to Noa and her team, I was able to have an outstanding online internship experience. Noa guided me through the process of applying for a position at a Japanese company, making sure I put the right things in my application documents and securing me an interview with a company and role which fit my experience, skillset, and goals. Once I did land the position, Noa continued to communicate with me and check up to see how I was doing throughout my internship. The company I interned with was friendly, accommodating, and made sure I felt like I fit in right away. While I didn't have a chance to use my Japanese as I had hoped, I was allowed to try a variety of tasks, even those which were outside of my previous experience. Overall, I think the internship Zentern facilitated was a valuable experience, provided me with a good idea of what it would be like to work for a foreign company in Japan, and allowed me to better understand what type of career path I would like to take in the future. I highly recommend using Zenturn if you're looking for a great, supportive facilitator of useful internships.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I was allowed to develop my own marketing strategy and successfully implement it. It was highly rewarding.
Sola

Online internship experience

I had a great internship experience with Zenturn, as Noa helped me to find a friendly and welcoming company to work with. Noa kept in touch with me throughout the internship, therefore I felt comfortable to communicate if I had any problem. The internship was arranged so that most of the people could be with one of their classmate, this was very helpful to have someone you know all the time to help each other out especially when communication is difficult online. During my internship I have learnt many Japanese culture and traditions observing the company’s website which was very interesting and made me want to visit Japan even more. I thought it was overall a great experience and I would definitely recommend it 😊

I would definitely recommend communicating to your company’s manager and Zenturn organiser (Noa) as it’s always the easiest way to solve problems
Himath

Online Computer Science Internship in Japan

I had a great experience with my online internship with Zentern! Noa always made sure to check up on me, and the company I worked for was very accommodating. I learned a lot about Japan and created many meaningful connections in my time at this company, not just in relation to Japanese language/culture, but also my own computer science field. The hours with the company were also very flexible, and I was able to help create a tangible difference which was very fulfilling. Although it was online, it still felt like a very worthwhile experience, and I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested!

Definitely make sure to communicate the type of company or environment you want to work at really clearly/specifically!
Fillip

Online internship in Japan with Zentern

My online internship was a good experience. I am very happy I did this and got the school credit that I needed. Why it was unique is because I felt that I was working with a Japanese company while being in my home country. Before I was worried about the timezone but it all worked out in the end, I was mainly online during the morning hours my time and then given deadlines to finish any work so I didn't have to get up early. I was really happy with this.
I was involved with some projects and had daily meetings. It was a good experience and would like to do this again.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Start earlier and intern longer. I am planning to go to Japan for another internship so I am still happy with my decision. But this is my advice to start earlier.