Zentern Internship & Cultural Program in Japan

Zentern - Kimono Trip
Zentern - Kimono Trip
Mt Fuji Trip
Mt Fuji Trip

Zentern offers you a fantastic Internship & Cultural Program. Operating mainly in Tokyo and Osaka we arrange internships in a wide variety of industries.
During weekdays & weekends, our ZenTeam takes you out to explore and learn more about Japan & its (pop)culture!

No Japanese needed but you can sign up for our Japanese classes.

We will guide you through the whole process and take care of you during and after completion of the program.

Sign up now or let's chat through a Skype meeting. We'd love to meet with you and hear what your dream internship is.
Thanks for making Zentern a part of your experience! :)

Luke

Haloworld

I found this internship to be very helpful and a very good use of my time over the summer. I was able to use many of the skills that I have and learn many new ones as well. Over the course of 5 weeks, my brother and I were able to build a robot that would be able to move autonomously. Fining the internship was very easy as I was able to get the job where I had my first interview. I don't think that the process of find the job was very easy. We also had a very flexible schedule and were able to communicate with my coworkers through Slack.

I would have like to work in the Robot longer as I found it very interesting and I was able to use many of my skills. For the first few weeks, I was trying to learn ROS but it was not as easy to learn and I switched to making the robot instead.
Mark

Robotics Internship

My internship was an amazing experience that allowed me to grow in many ways. My mentors were very kind and gave me time to become familiar with the workspace, and allowed me to work on projects that I was passionate about. I ended up making a lot of progress and completing the project I was assigned in the given time. I learned that it is important to get to know your mentors and colleagues well because they can assist you in many different ways and feel more welcome. Also, make sure that you are having fun, and spending your time working on something that you are interested in is a big role in how well the internship goes.

I think future travelers should make sure to make the most of
Thomas

Tokyo internship

From March to July I worked at a young, English speaking company. There I focused on replacing a plastic part of an electronic fluid analyser with a paper part. I got to implement my knowledge of environmental sciences and additionally I learned a new skills in 3D modeling, working with laser cutters, 3D-printing.
Luckily Zentern found an English speaking company because my Japanese is very bad. The initial experience with Zentern and the proces of finding an internship went very well, there was a lot of contact and they listened to my requests very well. They found two possible companies for me to choose from, I decided for the first one and I wasn’t disappointed.
Japan is a super interesting country to do an internship. When living in Tokyo you really get to know how Japan is, instead of being a tourism where you only get a glimpse of Japan and see mostly the touristy places.

Don’t waste a single day in Tokyo, there is more than enough to do in the city to not get bored for years.
Giacomo

eLingo internship

My experience was quite unique since I worked in a very small company in direct contact with my employer. He was incredibly helpful in sharing all of his insights about the job to make me grow more confident each day and by the end of the internship he offered me the position of English teacher in his school. The support from the program made my stay smooth and comfortable and the group of interns provided me with a network to socialize in the free time. In conclusion It was a great opportunity all around.

Come to Japan ready to get out of your comfort zone and you will have the time of your life. Give your best during the working hours but don’t be afraid ask for help and point out things that aren’t working for you. Lastly have fun in your free time, experiment and take advantage of the possibility to go out with other interns to form some great relationships.
Benjamin

A robotics internship in Tokyo

Getting to explore the depths of Tokyo was an incredible experience for me. More than anything the experience is what you make of it. The opportunity provided to you is a wonderful work environment, smart and friendly people and close working support that really gives you everything you need to have a profound and permanently life altering experience. You'll be able to make friends with and meet people from around the world and experience one of the world's greatest cities while being embedded deep into the culture and lives of people who call Tokyo their home.

My own teary farewell to the people that I'd worked with was testament to how close of a relationship it is possible to build despite some difficulties with language. At the same moment however if you give it the time and effort it deserves you'll find your ability to speak Japanese will come along in leaps and bounds, being given the best possible soil for it grow in.

I hope that you embrace the opportunity if you can and you give the Zentern staff the opportunity to get you there.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would make sure to get outside of Tokyo as much as possible, and see the Japanese countryside.
Tais

A small review

I would say that my experience with Zentern was extremely pleasant. We had our fun events, while I did not go for all of them, I am not a big fan of skiing, I still had a lot of fun. Though the best part was the Zentern always having my back. Making sure that when my company had management issued that I came out okay and when my dorm had issues with my rent, they made sure that the issue was solved. I would gladly recommend going on an international internship to anyone, especially those looking for new experinces.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The rent issue mentioned above. I was scared that I would lose my room, but the Zentern representative helped me through the issue and I was able to relax again.
Tiffany

Marketing and Event Planning Internship in Tokyo

I am 19 and I come from Hong Kong. Though I haven't graduated from the university yet, I am always panicking about not being competitive and my knowledge at the moment is way not enough to fulfil the requirements of my future employers. My university provides 1 and a half month semester break in between two semesters, so I decided not to waste it and find something to enhance myself.
Finding a suitable internship agency is hard. Not only does it need to be professional, but it also need to meet up my own expectations. The main reasons I chose Zentern at last is because of their friendliness and quick response (no My internship coordinator is amazing!). They replied my inquiries patiently and never send a robotic message, which I found them taking good care of every Zenterns. They also found me a good internship place which I met many new friends and explored a lot on Japanese cultures and Marketing and Event Planning field.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely choose to stay for longer as I didn't have enough time to travel around the whole Tokyo and didn't meet the other Zenterns so often!
kajal

No regrets, go abroad!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kajal. I am a 21-years-old IT-student from the Netherlands.
I have been in Tokyo for 5 months now.
This experience wouldn't be possible if it weren't for Zentern.
They have helped me from the start until the end.
I've always wanted to study abroad or do an internship abroad. So I started to look for internships myself. As a 21-year-old student with no work experience in my field it is really hard to find an internship abroad. I almost thought of giving up, because it was really hard to find something. But then I looked for companies who could help me find an internship. Through a website called ikwilweg.nl I found Zentern. Zentern helped me beyond my expectations, because I always heard a lot of bad stuff about companies who help with internships, so at first I didn't wanted to consider one, but thank god I did.
When I came here I didn't know anyone, but Zentern helped me so much these past five months. At first I thought how am I going to survive here on my own for so long, but then Zentern gave me so many opportunities to connect with other people.
Even before I came to Japan Zentern helped me with a lot to make it my stay more comfortable and less stressful, because as a student you have to think about so many things like housing for example.
Zentern didn't only help me with the basic things like looking for an internship and housing, but because of them I made friends for a lifetime and I was able to see more of Tokyo.
Zentern really made this experience the best one for me. It is something I will never forget. So thank you Zentern for making this a unforgettable experience!
If you ever consider going abroad then just take the risk, because some chances only come once in a lifetime!

Lots of love from

Kajal

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I definitely would've started with sightseeing in Japan much earlier. Like if I knew that 5 months would pass so fast, would've started right the first day I was here. Japan is such a beautiful country and there is so much to see! 5 months is waaaay to short, so I am definitely coming back here! So Tokyo may we meet again soon!