Fukuoka has a long history of cross-cultural trade, close relationships with the Asian continent and is known as the gateway into Japan. It's the perfect place for a first-time visitor to Japan because of its cosmopolitan, yet green and liveable urban center. People in Fukuoka are very open and love to join social activities, so you will have a lot of opportunities to make friends with locals.
Only in Fukuoka you can get from the airport to downtown in 10 minutes via subway. This makes it the best base for travelling the rest of Japan and neighboring countries like Korea, Taiwan and China. Inside Fukuoka you can get everywhere by bike in less than 30 minutes. A relaxing day at the beach or hiking in the mountains - all in one city!
On top of that, Fukuoka is THE Start-up city of Japan! So many new international companies formed here that it became the first city to introduce a new special ‘Start-up Visa’.
Take the chance to intern in this creative environment!
- Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
- Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
- University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 400+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
- Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
- Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!