Fukuoka Internship with Meiji Internships

Smile! It is your time to shine!
Smile! It is your time to shine!
Treat yourself to a hearty bowl of Ramen in Japan's Ramen Capital!
Treat yourself to a hearty bowl of Ramen in Japan's Ramen Capital!
Meet new friends from all around the world!
Meet new friends from all around the world!
Do you want to attend a beach party after work? Then Fukuoka is the place to be!
BBQ Party with Meiji Interns!
BBQ Party with Meiji Interns!
Explore the surrounding area of Fukuoka - Like Karatsu Castle
Explore the surrounding area of Fukuoka - Like Karatsu Castle

Fukuoka has a long history of cross-cultural trade, close relationships with the Asian continent and is known as the gateway into Japan. It's the perfect place for a first-time visitor to Japan because of its cosmopolitan, yet green and liveable urban center. People in Fukuoka are very open and love to join social activities, so you will have a lot of opportunities to make friends with locals.

Only in Fukuoka you can get from the airport to downtown in 10 minutes via subway. This makes it the best base for travelling the rest of Japan and neighboring countries like Korea, Taiwan and China. Inside Fukuoka you can get everywhere by bike in less than 30 minutes. A relaxing day at the beach or hiking in the mountains - all in one city!

On top of that, Fukuoka is THE Start-up city of Japan! So many new international companies formed here that it became the first city to introduce a new special ‘Start-up Visa’.
Take the chance to intern in this creative environment!

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 400+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!

Madlen

Internship In The Land Of The Rising Sun

I wanted to break out of my comfort zone and daily life. Going abroad is the perfect opportunity to achieve that goal. Additionally, I have always been keen to get to know the Japanese culture in depth. My host company combined my personal interest in the Japanese culture and my career goal in the consultation department.

Before I started my internship in Japan, Meiji offered me a Welcome Package with a lot of important information about Japan, the culture, sightseeing recommendations and more. On my first day in Japan, I visited their business workshop. However, I recommend gathering information about the business world in Japan even before your workshop.

The internship in Japan gave me the opportunity to set up a international network. I definitely need to visit all of them again and I am happy to welcome them at my hometown, if they stop by.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have loved to stay longer and to have gotten myself a business card beforehand.
Janina

Responsible and efficient service

Last year I showed up for an internship for a very short notice (less than a month). They told me that it might be difficult as they require at least eight weeks notice before an internship placement could be organized. Luckily the staff at Meiji Academy however managed to find me a great placement in less than a week after from my initial contact. It was a very spontaneous decision I made, but I don't regret it. Japan was amazing and I recommend everybody experiencing it as well. I think Meiji Academy did a great job and they were very responsive throughout my stay. Highly recommend them for internships!

About Meiji Internships

Your journey starts here! Having been rated the best internship program in 2018, Meiji Internships provides personally tailored travel packages, a vast variety of industry fields and university accredited internship placements. Our goal is to allow...