Intern NZ: All Industries Throughout New Zealand

Intern NZ: All Industries Throughout New Zealand

New Testimonials added!!
Read more reviews and watch review videos on our Testimonials page!

Intern NZ arranges internship programs in all industry areas throughout New Zealand. We provide a full set of support services around the internship experience such as accommodation, airport pick-ups, orientations, meeting academic criteria and events. The internships are suited to university students undertaking an internship for academic credit, or for those looking to rapidly up-skill in their chosen career.

We place a strong focus on in-country support services and provide a 24/7 emergency contact number. We have partnerships with organisations in all sectors; private, public, non-profit and Government and Intern NZ is recognized by the New Zealand Government as a leading internship programme provider.

Oceania » New Zealand » Auckland
Resume/CV - Attach your Resume/CV
Cover Letter - Attach your Cover Letter
Skype Call - Book a Skype Call to speak with one of our Internship Coordinators
Weekly Hours
A customised Internship Placement in your field of interest.
​A full suite of support services including airport pick ups, orientations, peer support networks, meeting academic requirements, housing, events and 24/7 emergency support.

Susan
Wellington

InternNZ Wellington, Engineering

I have been doing my internship abroad for 2 months now and I have loved it so far. InternNZ was very helpful with finding an internship for me, I first wanted to go to Australia and InternNZ found an internship from me even though they are based in New-Zealand. I later decided to not go to Australia anymore but to go to New Zealand. I would recommend everyone to come to Wellington, it is a safe, fun and relaxed city. The intern InternNZ found for me is very nice and fun. They really chose something that I would like as a girl in engineering world.
For future participants: If you want to go abroad plan at least 4 months in advance. I chose to only get an internship 2 months before I got to go and that is a very short time to get everything like visa etc. InternNZ helped me a lot with housing and visa and always answered emails in a day.
The only thing I wouldn't really recommend which isn't InternNZ's fault is the housing that they gave me. I heard that they won't let interns stay there anymore so no future interns have to worry about that.

Nadine
Germany

Work

I made a lot of tasks which where important for event management and helped me to get a feeling how event management works.
You get a lot of help and support from your co worker and boss. With that experience I can decide what job I will do in the future and if that is the right thing for me to do. My favourite thing was when you see the event and how other people react to what you have organized. What you have worked for. And at that time you also know why you did certain things. Also if the people involved in that event have fun you know why you put a lot of work into that.

More internships at the same time

Lauren
Brigham Young University- Hawaii

Results Nutrition Centre- NZ Internship

I really loved being in New Zealand. It was an amazing experience in a very unique country with a unique culture. I loved traveling throughout NZ and experiencing all it has to offer. Although there were definitely some things the program could have improved on, I did enjoy my time here very much. It was amazing to see and do all the wonderful things in New Zealand, and I look forward to when I am able to come back.

I think a bit more involvement would be good. I never heard from the program at all after I was placed in an internship. No one contacted me to tell me where I'd be living, how I'd get to my accommodation from the airport, etc. Communication from the InternNZ program is severely lacking in that department. However, I was able to figure it out for myself so it was not too hard. I also wish the company had been a little more straightforward about what to expect in NZ. I talked to 4 other interns that all lived in the same accommodation as I did, and we all found out that each of us had been told to expect "apartment style accommodation with approximately 4-5 roommates, in an apartment with private rooms and shared kitchens/bathrooms". However, our accommodation was FAR from that. We were all placed in a unistay, hostel-style accommodation that has one big shared kitchen, shared bathrooms/showers, and houses approximately 40 people. I do not want to complain at all about the housing, as I was quite content with it. The unistay was extremely clean and well maintained, and I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people from around the globe, so I quite enjoyed staying there. However, me and the 4 other interns I spoke to all said we were extremely shocked when we first arrived to the unistay, because it was not what we were expecting and not at all what the company had told us to expect. | think more clear communication of housing arrangements is very important.
InternNZ does a great job to help people connect with others and holds quite a few social events for the interns to get to know each other and make friends, so I was very grateful for that. They also plan occasional trips throughout NZ. I was not able to go on these trips, but I heard great things from those who did.

Response from Intern OZ and Intern NZ

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking to improve our service and these comments really help.

We sent arrival information on the 31st July, a week before you arrived, which included the details of your accommodation and the Supershuttle which took you from the airport to this accommodation. We're sorry that the accommodation was not what you were expecting, but we are glad that you were content with it, and were still able to meet lots of people living there.

It was great to meet you at some of our social events, and we are happy that you enjoyed these and found them a useful way of meeting other interns and making friends!

It's great that you enjoyed your time in New Zealand with us and made the most of your experience here!

The Intern NZ and Intern OZ Team

Samantha

The 'Up for Anything' American

A little over a month ago, I up and moved my life from Seattle to Auckland, New Zealand. It was time to move forward with life after college, learn my field, and begin exploring the world. College is the place that fosters the creativity, critical thinking, and understandings in a protected bubble. Traveling is where this bubble lifted into the 'real world' and where these skills are learned and put into action. So there I went, wide-eyed and ready to go, thrown into a new country and new work environment.

I will not fail to admit, that I experienced tremendous culture shock when I first arrived. I missed my own home and the comfort of those around me being only a few minute drive away, not 18hr flight. However, after one night, I decided I can do this new country, new environment, and experience the world like I wanted to. I changed my attitude and now those I live with think of me as the extremely outgoing, 'up for anything American'. I changed my mentality from missing my home friends, to reaching out to new ones. I moved my location from hibernating in my room to socializing in the kitchen and shared spaces. Within a week, I knew more people than others living in the house. I said hi to everyone and yes to every offer for a new adventure.

And let me tell you something, I am so glad that I did. I am only halfway through and every weekend I am off on a new adventure with new international friends exploring this amazing country. So, my biggest advice to anyone moving to a new country for a short time or long one, do not be afraid to mingle and meet new friends. Make an effort to put yourself out there, and it will turn out for you. Tell yourself you can do it, and trust it. I didn't think the culture shock would affect me. I assumed I am only gone for three months, I'm outgoing, and rarely homesick. Whether you think it will affect you or not, take a deep breath, and put yourself out there. Make connections, you never know where these relationships will take you and how they may cross paths with you again in the future.

I think that helping guide the interns into the experience a bit more would help the immediate culture shock. I think maybe providing different housing, such as actual apartment style, not a hostel, would help those less social to make new friends as there are fewer people to meet in the home, therefore less intimidating.

Yash

Very Good and friendly service

Very Energetic staff and every time keen to help, The staff always working for the best and productive outcome you get. Its really helpful to freshers to jump in the industry with some good working environment.
I have worked like more than 4 months but i haven't get that feeling that i am new or i don't know anything.
For Best support and work experience, that's the right place to go in country....

Thanks

Program is perfact.

Niina

Internship in Auckland

I'm actually studying hotel management, but I thought it would be interesting see the other side of the business too, and decided to have my internship in a travel agency. This was a good choice and I have learned a lot about the tourism. It also opened my eyes, because I wasn't sure do I really want to work in a hotel and now I know it's definitely my thing!
My experience here have been amazing. People in the office and my accommodation are really nice and take care me. I haven't miss home at all, because people are so open-minded and it's easy to make relationships because everyone else is also away from home. I think I have grown as a person a lot and learned some new things about myself. I have also noticed that I'm much stronger as I thought.
I found InternNz really helpful and they really cared how my internship was going. Thank you for all the support!

Maggie
Albany, California, United States
Sonoma State University

Internship Experience in Auckland, New Zealand 2017

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my time in New Zealand, even though it was winter and summer back home. I really appreciated that my supervisors at my internship were interested in teaching me and not just giving me boring and tedious work. Luckily they were pretty chill and understood that I wanted to get out and experience life in New Zealand, so they didn't work me to the bone. Future interns should definitely communicate clearly with their supervisors about their expectations and what their supervisors expect from them in terms of hours, commitment, etc.
This experience abroad has been invaluable, and will definitely look great on my resume. More importantly, it was a great opportunity to grow my professional network and learn first-hand how people in this field operate.
Besides the internship, New Zealand is absolutely gorgeous and I was so glad that I was able to explore it. I will definitely be back in summer! I was based in Auckland and since I'm more of a city girl I felt right at home. However, go a few hours in any direction and you have gorgeous views of New Zealand's natural beauty. I also took a trip to Queenstown, and the snow-capped mountains were breathtaking. Take lots of pictures and write about your experiences as you go, because time flies by.

The program could be more in tune with the needs of the interns - at the beginning I had to ask a million questions because basic information about travelling to a new country, transportation, information about accommodation, etc. were not readily available or accessible. That basic information should be on a website as a solid resource, so that there doesn't need to be a million emails.

Sachin
Wellington

It was a wonderful experience!

It was a wonderful experience with the entire crew. Intern NZ and Intern OZ are awesome. :) And I loved loved the Christmas Party! Fabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb It was awesome meeting all the other Interns. I really feel lucky to get an opportunity to work with the company I did. It was an amazing experience with the wonderful project team. Still in touch with them and rocking. :) I really feel proud as an Intern with Datacom and it has opened the horizons for me. I am really thankful to the Intern NZ team for getting me this opportunity. It's not easy, and I really appreciate that.

Would have liked a bit more communication with the team throughout the placement.

Boaz
The Netherlands

In one word... WOW

The experience itself has been amazing. I have learnt a lot and it is of course always nice to work with airplanes. Also the connections I have established will come to good in my later career. I didn't want to go to New Zealand only to do my internship over here but of course also to experience New Zealand itself. And in one word... WOW. It is so beautiful over here and around every corner there is something stunning to see. I have got friends from all over the world now.

Sarath
India

A hands-on approach has been invaluable

As my internship draws to a close and I reflect back on all I have learned, I realize what an excellent experience this has been. I gathered much knowledge in the classroom, but a hands-on approach has been invaluable. It has served as a beneficial ending to my formal education. Mark & his team have done some excellent research and placed me in one of my dream institutes to do an internship. Thank you.

Mateusz
Mlawa

Terrible experience, if you have money to throw away you can risk it

The worst experience possible. I've decided to become their intern based mainly on the positive reviews of this company that I found online so I've decided to write my own story and maybe save some people out there from wasting their time and money. So the company promises that they will arrange max of 3 interviews for you within 12 weeks with possible hosting companies or a refund. During the initial phone call they convinced me that I should go for 3 month internship because otherwise no one will be interested so I said ok (even though I knew working 3 months for free will be tough financially). After about 8 weeks of silence and after I remind them about myself they started to coming up with the various names of the companies (some very good) that would like to host me but they would like to do it for a shorter period of time than 3 months or in a different time of the year. I was agreeing to everything, changing my plans and jobs according to them. But in the end all of those companies were not interested as it turned out. There were no interviews. Finally I got an interview after 13 weeks of waiting. It supposed to be skype interview. I spend two hours waiting for some guy to call. Later they told me he just "changed his mind". I started mentioning refund option and then miracle. After 16 weeks I have interview and I got internship. Working hours 8-17 Mon-Fri. As it turned out I worked the total of 8 days (few hours each) during 2 months of internship. Last three weeks I didn't get to do anything at all. I was signalling the problem to Internnzoz but they ignored me cause they already got my money and didn't care. Finally at the end I got an offensive email from them, saying that everything is my fault etc. etc. and that it was me who quit... Well that's interesting cause I was the one who was calling and mailing the hosting company every few days asking if they need me or if I could come and do something for them.... I wouldn't even be mad if they would just be fair to me, say sorry at least but
sending accusations at the end it was just pathetic. They also blocked me on facebook so I wouldn't be able to review them there (Just to clarify I had work experience from 4 countries (3 countries in the industry that I chose for my internship) )So I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THEM TO FIND ME 8 DAYS OF INTERNSHIP.

Response from Intern OZ and Intern NZ

Dear Mateusz,

We are very sad with your review. We understand that getting involved into our programme is an investment and may take some time to get the right internship for you. But we're always interested in finding the right role for our candidates.

We offer a maximum of 2 interviews with companies and we suggest to have a 3 month experience so that the learning process is very enriching. We constantly communicate to our interns and the companies to make sure that the experience is going well.
We wrote you and even asked you to be our Intern of the Week, something we do to focus on an intern's experience and an opportunity to send something home to family and friends.
This is not something we pay people to do, but after submitting the article you were expecting a payment, which is not possible for us to do since this is a voluntary task.

We would have appreciated that you could have given us a call or let us know that you were not having a nice experience. According to the feedback that you gave us on the Intern of the week, you were having a good time.
And then, when we told you that this was a voluntary role, you told us that you only interned for 8 days and didn't complete the internship period.

Also, we would like to clarify that all the reviews that we receive are from all our interns, where they share their experience with everybody and for other interns.

We value all kind of feedback and reviews, and are always open to improvements.

We hope you can take this response as positive and we wish you the best of luck in your career.

The Intern NZ & Intern OZ Team

Lindsay
Canada

The work experience I had was a once in a life-time

The internship experience I had with the team was so great, I'm so happy to have this opportunity with them! I had a lot of really great work experience and exposure to the types of project available and learnt so much each day. The people at the company were so kind and helpful and I'm so happy to have met them all! The only thing I would change was perhaps to be placed on a specific project and work closely under one of the project managers in the field. I could be assigned tasks by one of the project managers as conditions change on the project, this way I would just feel more involved in a specific project and be more involved on a coordination and process level. Other than that, the experience I gained in the field and working with everyone was amazing.
New Zealand is whole other magical world! I worked with another intern where we could adventure outside of Auckland on the weekend for hikes, caving, night kayaking to see the glow worms, and fishing! The people at my company were so kind and helpful introducing me to all the delicious pineapple lumps and biscuits! ...there were minor withdrawals when I got home because they aren't sold here in Canada... The work experience I had was a once in a life-time. It has opened so many doors here in Canada in my field!

Amandeep
Auckland

Work in multi-culture environment!

This internship enhanced my skills, gave me a very good experience to work in multi-culture environment. it was a lovely experience :). My internship was about the operations, how to maintain small projects using different strategies with different clients, database management, database administrator, operations management etc. :). No recommendations from my side, you guys are best and i am fully satisfied with your service :)

Chandan
Wellington, New Zealand

I took full advantage of the opportunity given by the Internnz and I have extended my internship to the mid-December. I think you guys are doing great job and involving students in the lot of activities outside the work.(However I was not able to attend any due to my work commitment, as I work on weekends on another job to get some monetary benefits). Internnz is doing great job and I am really impressed with their service. They follow up with students and believe in building good relation with the students. My internship coordinator even came to my work which was very impressive with there followup. Keep doing what you are doing guys :) Studying and living in New Zealand is a great experience of my life....I learned more than expected and really loved the work and still working there even after completion of the intership contract.

My whole team at the internship is very supportive. Working in small tech team allows you to get involve more into the team and work on individual projects which helps you to build your skills.

This journey was impossible without Internnz and my well wishes to all staff who are really doing great efforts in helping students.

Geoffrey
France

I would recommend this country to anyone

I would recommend this country to anyone, it's been the greatest time I've ever had. I've met some great people at work and outside, I've learned a lot regarding advertising and have been really passionate about the projects I was given the opportunity to work on.
I've found that people think and behave differently than back in Europe. People are more chilled, the work ethic is different, more relaxed in general, and the team spirit seems to be stronger here.
New Zealand is truly a great country and deserves to be visited !

Lennard
Nelson, New Zealand

Accommodating

This internship in the television field was quite accommodating, and it was definitely a huge learning experience for me. The difference between Europe and New Zealand was much bigger than I expected.

Jan
Wellington, New Zealand

It has changed my life and built up my character!

I reckon your service is quite good: fast response on mails, trying to reach satisfaction of the interns etc. All in all, my overseas experience has been a marvelous time in my life and I've been enjoying every single minute. I've learned plenty of useful things I definitely need in my life and had been missed during my school days, where I used to love with my parents. I've met lovely kiwi people and discovered a totally different way of life. The term "work life balance" has got a new definition in my brain which will definitely influence my personal development. But that is not all: I've traveled through the most beautiful country in the world, met lots of new people with different characters and made friends from all over the world.

Roosmarijn
The Netherlands

My internship was a lot of fun!

I think your service is great and I loved all of the activities that were organized. I had a great time being in New Zealand and was able to meet a lot of new people. My internship was a lot of fun!

Sowmya

Great Internship Experience

I definitely learned new things and improved my skills from this experience. This internship has given me a very good learning experience overseas I am lucky enough to have a very good team. They're so helpful and wonderful people. They helped me to learn some new things and I am glad to have had them.

Brittany
Minnesota, USA
Bemidji State University

Perfect Internship, Amazing Experience

I had a great internship experience, it was easy to get placed with sending my interests and what my studies were. It was the perfect internship for me to learn and increase my skills and abilities. I gave a lot of good ideas to the company that will help them grow in years to come to keep growing this business.

I would have liked a little more information before I arrived. For example a handbook of places to eat, shop, things to do, etc would have been nice to get me adjusted to the new city and country.

Rebecca
London, UK
Bournemouth University

Intern Abroad!

When I found out that I could intern in New Zealand for my placement year I couldn't wait to find an internship so I could jump on a plane and travel as well as develop professionally. Intern NZ found me a perfect internship that my university also approved of. I am currently thoroughly enjoying it! When I had questions about visas or accommodation they answered them all and I found them to be very helpful.

They have a Facebook group for interns in my city so I can talk to others. They have also organised several intern meet ups so I have got to meet other interns in my city. I also went on the Rotorua trip on Labour Day that was organised by Intern NZ which was soo much fun! It was nice to get out of Wellington and see New Zealand!

I would 100% recommend interning abroad! It is an amazing experience that opens your eyes to other cultures and ways of living. New Zealand is very culture rich meaning it isn't hard to find interesting things to do.

I feel that I have learnt more than I would have if I stayed back in the UK to do my placement year. I have met amazing people and I am looking forward to completing the rest of my placement year here. I might even extend my visa and stay longer - Once you are here you'll never want to leave!

The only thing I would say needed to be improved was the help with accommodation. While Intern NZ were really helpful and found me accommodation in the center of Wellington, I found it to be quite expensive. If you are only here for a few months then it is fine however because I am here for a whole year I am having to plan ahead and budget! It has been easy to find other accommodation though and Intern NZ gave me a few ideas about where to start looking which was really nice of them.

Nisha
India

A great experience!

I was fortunate enough to get a very good opportunity to work as an internee for one of the largest companies in the seafood industry. My role and responsibilities included reviewing and documenting the three main processes in accounting and finance section. I got an opportunity to travel in five cities within New Zealand. The internship was based on academic knowledge gained by me as well as my previous work experience. It was an excellent journey of experience. I wish all future interns all the best. My advice to them is to work hard and integrate your studies with the real world.

Gwenaelle
France
University of Waikato

I fell in love with the country

I did an internship in New Zealand in 2013 and since I love travelling I had to come back for this year's internship! Kiwis are very friendly and helpful and the country is quite small which means it's quite likely that people around you have beach houses or family in various cities. So don't hesitate to ask if you want to travel cheaply as they will probably be more than happy to help you out!

Sander

Great times, do it

I did an internship in Wellington, and it was great. InterNNZ arranged an internship for me at one of the most influential online media business of NZ. You are offered a studio apartment to stay but are also free to search for your own place. They arrange meetups with current interns right away so you will instantly make new friends for the rest of your time. It was a great time and this experience will stay with me for a long time. If you are still hesitating.. stop it and do this.

Delilah
N/A

yaay

InternNZ did a great job arranging my internships. I don't even have one, but I have two internships. They also arrange meetings so you can meet the other interns, you will make some good friends overthere! They supported me with everything and they replied on every single email I've send (and I've send a lot of emails). They were really patient and because of this experience I am even a better social worker than before.

Cheaper accommodations. $290 is not cheap for a student.

Emily
Pennsylvania
Susquehanna University

My Incredible Experience Overseas!

My internship has been more than I could have ever hoped for. My boss was amazing and my co-workers were fantastic. I had opportunities for a variety of experiences ranging from networking at Parliament events, conducting research, building policy proposals, managing a team, and meeting with women in prison. I have been very fortunate to have this experience! I have learned so much about the social work industry. Because of this experience, I would like to pursue an MSW and Masters in counselling when I return to the States.

I have had a broad range of experience and opportunities since I arrived in New Zealand and I would recommend to anyone to give New Zealand a go.

Thank you for helping me to find an internship that fulfilled and succeeded my needs and expectation. I don't think I would have been able to find an internship like this on my own. Again, thank you.

Keep up the communication in the pre-departure phase.

Ilaria
Wellington, New Zealand

Professional and personal development in the heart of Wellington

Even though my experience was brief, it was very interesting and educational to be part of an internship in New Zealand. I have been able to learn some of the aspects of the industry and practice them with the support of my colleagues and also independently.
This internship was very useful to me to understand where I want to continue my studies and training.
The group at Intern NZ and Intern OZ is fantastic: they followed me through all the steps and shared their knowledge with passion.
Thank you!

Sarah
Kingston Ontario
Queens University

Incredible Experience

I had an amazing time with my internship arranged through Intern NZ in New Zealand. I received excellent service and was able to be placed in an internship that met all my personal and university requirements. There was also an opportunity to travel around New Zealand and meet other interns also working in Wellington.

Intern OZ and Intern NZ provide customised internship programmes in Australia and New Zealand. Internships are of varying lengths from 6 weeks to one year and are in all industries. We work with organisations in Australia and New Zealand that offer professional internships designed to