CAPA Remote Global Internships: For Credit

CAPA's for credit Remote Global Internships combine a 3-credit summer online Global Internship Course with placement through CAPA's partners across our global cities:

Barcelona | Dublin | Florence | London | Sydney

Gain international work experience and develop global professional competencies through CAPA's remote internships. In a world becoming more reliant on connecting, collaborating and performing virtually, our remote internships educate, enable and empower you to develop skills today that will prepare you for employers' needs of tomorrow.

CAPA has been placing US undergraduates in global internships for more than 25 years. CAPA works with each student to find a placement that directly connects to interests and career goals. CAPA offers a well-established and highly respected internship program with hundreds of remote intern abroad positions available through our extensive network of placement sites across the globe.

• Earn 3 credits through our Global Internship Course, where you will build personal and professional development skills alongside other CAPA internship students
  • Collaborate with and learn from professionals in a national and international context
  • Learn how to effectively articulate your learning experience and newly developed skills through in-class workshops and a live mock interview assignment
  • Enhance your resume and professional media presence

• Content 10
  • Engagement 9.7
  • Platform 9.3
Sophie

This program is going to change your life!

As we are in the middle of a pandemic, it has been increasingly difficult to find an internship or study abroad program from the safety of your own home. Initially, I was going to study abroad in person in Dublin. While my trip was canceled, I could instead participate in CAPA abroad's first completely virtual internship experience. Not only does the program pair you with the best match for your major: You take a course as well to improve upon interview, resume, cover letter skills, and more. I was able to intern for HerBusiness in Australia and learned much of what it takes to write for a business that helps other entrepreneurs grow.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would give myself more time to try the My Global Cities events.
Abigale

The best thing that I did during the COVID-19 pandemic

Not only did I learn a great deal about my host country, but I also learned how to navigate global remote education, online intercultural communication, and an online work environment. All of these are important in the age of coronavirus, and I also had a wonderful international experience with CAPA's My Global Cities program. My supervisor and internship site was absolutely wonderful and perfectly targeted to my major and my future career path. I was very impressed with the way that CAPA was able to integrate international experiences with online work.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was part of a team that organized a Diverse Histories webinar for British history teachers. This was something that I was really passionate about, and I didn't want to mess it up. Even though I was given a lot of ambiguity, I trusted the process and my own education, and it turned out fantastic!
Antonia

A great opportunity to gain valuable work experiences and a cultural exchange from home

I was a bit apprehensive about signing up for a remote international internship experience. I was a worried about the cultural exchange and networking opportunities I would be able to complete from home. I am so happy that I decided on this program.

My CAPA advisor was a great resource when it came to the application process and any question or concern I had. I was matched with an internship site that matched with my personal and professional interests. During the program I was able to network with people from my internship site and other CAPA students. There are remote events everyday where you can learn more about the CAPA cities around the world, some of my favorite events were virtual museum tours and live cooking classes.

My favorite aspects of this program are that it is affordable and that it can be done while taking other classes or having a part time job.

Make sure that you plan ahead and choose all of the events and goals you want to complete during your internship. It goes by really quickly and if you are not organized you might miss an event or opportunity.