Full-time Professional Internships in Lisbon in more than 30 Fields

Intern in Lisbon with Absolute Internship - Meet Like-Minded People
Intern in Lisbon with Absolute Internship - Meet Like-Minded People
Intern in Lisbon with Absolute Internship - Accommodation
Intern in Lisbon with Absolute Internship - Accommodation

Our award-winning program gives students the opportunity to spend the summer developing their professional skills on a full-time internship in Lisbon. Live and work in Europe's most creative and captivating city whilst building unique experience that will help you stand out in an increasingly competitive job market.

Work within your industry of choice with over 30 fields to choose from, including Entrepreneurship, Business, Green Technology and Marketing/PR. Absolute Internship organizes company visits and career development workshops as well as cultural activities and weekend excursions to help you gain valuable industry insights and explore Portugal.

This is an all-inclusive program, including high-quality central housing, cultural activities, group dinners, and 24/7 on-site support from our Program Coordinator.

Absolute Internship has been featured in the New York Times, BBC News, Bloomberg, and Forbes Magazine. We have placed 4000+ interns at 800+ companies worldwide

• Take the next step along your career path with a world-class internship in your industry of choice.
  • Gain professional skills through career speaker events, company visits and career workshops.
  • Build unique experience that will help you stand out in a rapidly expanding job market.
  • Discover Lisbon on after-work activities and explore Portugal on day and weekend trips.
  • Live in a multicultural environment with fellow Absolute Interns from across the globe. Enjoy 24/7 onsite support from your Absolute Internship Coordinator.

Oh la la - we're now in Paris!

Are you ready to open yourself to new opportunities abroad and join students from across the globe on an international adventure? We just opened a new Summer Internship Program 2020 in Paris! Save your spot now by submitting your application form.

Benjy

Really good experience

The Lisbon trip was honestly a great experience for me.

The city in general is a great place if you're someone who is worried that they will feel out of place in a foreign country, because it's so diverse and plenty of people speak English and Spanish. It has a rich culture which you feel when you're there whilst also having a good nightlife and buzzing tourist atmosphere. Whether you're a European like me or someone from another continent, Lisbon is a great place to live for a short period of time, with relatively low prices and plenty of things to see if you are a bit of a traveller (plus there's beaches nearby - the temperatures are above 30 degrees celsius in summer).

Absolute Internship (AI) were quick to resolve any issues I had during the 6 weeks I was in Lisbon and always made it clear that they wanted to help improve my experience in any way I could, albeit both their advice on how to make the most of the trip and their communication prior to me coming to Lisbon wasn't great. When I applied for the program around January-time, the person from AI who was finding me a job was at times slow to respond to my emails but did make a clear effort to find me an internship that suited what I wanted to get out of my experience (any job in marketing). I had secured the job by the end of February and AI's payment scheme meant that I only paid the total amount once I'd secured the right internship for me. When I'd arrived in Lisbon, the AI coordinator taking us was very quick at responding to my messages, and I was repeatedly reassured that if there were any issues I had with any aspect of the course, I should let the coordinator know as soon as possible, which was helpful.

As someone who was concerned about whether this company were legit or not (and if I'd just paid a large sum of money to a bunch of scammers), I was relieved to find early on that they were as legit as I'd hoped, and most of the others on the course had found AI through their universities, which was also reassuring. I was satisfied with the quality of AI's care and support, although I know that there were others that were unsatisfied with some responses to their more serious issues (e.g. they really didn't want to continue with their internships but AI couldn't find them another one).

I was the only Brit and European on my course, with the others coming from North America, South East Asia and the Middle East - they were all a great group of people and we did quite a few activities together, which was nice. The social side of this trip was great and although it was a bit lonely to start with, as expected, I'm really good friends with many of the people I met on this course - no need to worry about whether you'll make friends or not!

Overall I would highly recommend the Lisbon trip! As someone who has been on a poorly run internship scheme before, AI definitely offered a professional internship scheme that I'm grateful I went on and was worth the money in my opinion.

Be prepared to feel lonely at the start. When you're abroad alone, it's awkward and you're meeting a whole bunch of new people so you'll find it a bit difficult for a couple of weeks maybe - but that's OK! Be open and stay positive, try to make the first move with someone to hang out or add them on social media etc because they probably just want to feel comfortable too.
Angel

Can You Say Life Changing! (Lisbon)

Where shall I start?....I have always dreamed of interning abroad so when this opportunity came along I couldn’t refuse. Once I arrived in Lisbon I must say it was quite different than being in America, and took me a little time to get accumulated to what would be my new life for six weeks. However, my coordinator Aiste did a great job at making me feel right at home, along with the other amazing members in my group. I really loved the trips and events that Absoulte Internship organized for us, it allowed us to experience the culture, traditions, and learn the history of Portugal overall. To anyone who is considering interning abroad “DO IT”,your life will never be the same. Remember your dreams are worth investing in, so why not start now!

Be open minded to this experience. Don’t allow what you’re accustomed to, to prohibit you from trying new things. Also, be intentional about setting goals you would like to accomplish while being here, it really helps to keep you motivated
Kaitlyn

Lisbon

Lisbon was an amazing experience. I was nervous to be over seas for 6 weeks at first but the people and city made me feel right at home. You learn new things everyday at your internship and have wonderful experiences along the way. Absolute also always has cool events planed. I would highly recommend taking this opportunity! This opportunity is great for adventuring and learning and simply seeing more of the world and experiencing other cultures. There are millions of things to do in Lisbon so you can never get bored. Also, at your internship you will learn many new things if you apply yourself and ask to push your limitations. If you do this, your employer will certainly help you achieve that next step. Remember, this is the best time in life to make mistakes, as an intern.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I learned more about the culture than anything which was very surprising and eye opening.

About Absolute Internship

Absolute Internship is an award-winning global internship program. We offer students the opportunity to broaden their professional and social network whilst gaining invaluable skills in their industry of choice. Since our inception in 2009 we have...