Unique opportunities await you in Scotland. Valuable experience through Adelante's Observation & Research Programs allows you to participate in hands-on projects and assignments. These placements are highly curated. Fields are: Psychology, Veterinary, Equine Marketing, Agricultural Business, Horticulture and Zoological. Each summer, we can only select one or two candidates for each field.
Programs are based in Edinburgh (some Horticulture assignments based in Pitlochry) and are full-time, five days a week for six weeks. The weekends, however, are free for you to explore beautiful Scotland! A good balance of work experience and exploration is ensured with this program.
Spots are limited, so do not hesitate to apply!
- Experience stunning and serene Scotland. This picturesque and green location will take your breath away. Why not enjoy one of the most beautiful places on Earth while gaining legitimate international experience!
- Adelante's program offers the greatest value; downtown, furnished Edinburgh housing is included in the program price.
- Assignments enhance your knowledge in your major. These programs are serious, educational and research-oriented programs intended to allow you to take the next step in the field of your choice.
- Academic credit is available depending on your research sector (check with your university). In additional, Letters of Recommendation are available upon request.
- A Curated Experience. Our programs are meant for the independent traveler and are not group focused. Our Director of Scotland and staff in the US are available throughout your program, and you can truly immerse yourself in the culture however you wish.
We’ve updated our refund & cancellation policy to allow for flexible booking due to COVID-19
In this six-week educational program in Edinburgh, students will learn Speech Pathology at a prestigious university in their graduate lab. Studies include normal and disordered speech and hearing, including stuttering and stammering; memory and speech production; and hidden speech phenomena. One Spot Available.
Intern with one of the fastest-growing international provider of risk services for the food and drink supply chain in Scotland. Students will have the opportunity to review and observe a variety of projects that provide quality assurance for farmers to implement. Students will get to observe current work to identify, market and deploy a business plan to expand their agriculture customer base within the UK and internationally. Two spots Available.
In this summer program in Scotland, students will gain valuable hands-on experience in animal care, agriculture and land-based studies. You will initially explore the range of habitats and wildlife found in the heart of Scotland, before venturing out to explore other areas of the country. Some project examples include badger surveying in the Edinburgh countryside – surveillance of setts, mapping and reporting, and tagging. Only one spot available.