Bangkok Future Leader Internship Program

Fun with the team
Fun with the team
Housing in Bangkok, Thailand
Housing in Bangkok, Thailand

As one of the most visited city in the world, Thailand’s capital Bangkok is often called as the ‘City of Angels’ or Krungthep in Thai. It is the hub for most of the commercial and economical activities of the Kingdom of Thailand. From temples to palace, all the way over the some of Asia’s largest shopping centers and the largest outdoor market of Asia (Chatuchak), aside of the sightseeing and shopping, Bangkok has developed into a magnet for food lovers of all origins with its world-renowned street foods vendors.

Three Core Pillars:
Personal Growth
Career Building
Wellbeing Abroad

• Experience Thailand: The land of Smiles and the land of the Free. Thailand has always remained free and independent unlike the other SE Asian countries. In Thai the name means land of the free, which is also called as the land of smiles.
  • Bangkok: Gateway to South-East Asia in the ASEAN community. As a Bangkok intern, you will gain experience in the gateway to South-East Asia and future pillar of the ASEAN community. Through a Thailand internship, you will be part of ASEAN.
  • Reputation as a key Commercial center in South-East Asia. Through an internship in Thailand, you will experience first hand a city that has many accolades attached to its brand, boosting the Kingdom reputation as a key regional and global hub.
  • Enrichment through soft skills acquisition. Gaining work experience through a Thailand Internship will help you build your resume however the soft skills acquisition is as equally important, as those skills will be within you for life!
  • ravel hot spot in South East Asia. All of our interns in Thailand are personally and professionally benefiting from our Thailand internship program to experience The City of Angels with its funky markets, upmarket malls and a riverside full of surprise.

Tracey

Great experience

This internship was such an amazing experience - I learned a lot about myself and grew mentally as well. My time in Thailand helped me recapture a sense of adventure that being stuck in Austin, TX shut me out of. I learned a lot about a culture that I had never expected to know so much about and it made me realize how much in the world is going on and I don’t even realize it. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who feels like their stuck and is itching to try something new and break out of their shell. On this trip I met so many cool people, kind Thai souls that let me into part of their lives, my company’s employees that pushed me to do more, and the students on the program with me, they are truly friends that turned into family! But to be honest the best thing I experienced on this trip was the food - it changed my entire perspective on food in general and my tastebuds are happier so.

Candice

An incredible summer adventure

After going on an exchange program in Bangkok, I have been actively pursuing ways to come back to Thailand again and again. This internship program made me felt at home in Thailand. I really enjoyed this program especially the people, the culture and social practices in Thailand. First of all, this program matched me with the perfect internship company in the education field. It allowed me to learn from the best professionals in the education field and expanding my social network. Through my internship, I was able to participate in incredible workshops in the chosen field and meet lots of awesome people.

The program also came with weekly networking and career developing events. These were valuable opportunities to get to hear from leading professionals in different areas. I got a chance to socialise with other interns from the globe too, which is always a plus. Another highlight would be cultural excursion. The internship team took us to different parts of Bangkok. Students were able to explore the beauty of this city and appreciate its history.

The internship team was very friendly. They are always there for any help and support even after the end of the internship.

Kasun

Next Step Impact

The Next Step team in Bangkok, Thailand was incredible! PA and Jason were extremely helpful and always showed an effort to help and excel. They always seemed to show an understanding hand in even the most difficult scenarios. This proved to be crucial in prospering in a country like Thailand, for conditions can get very tough and challenging. Thankfully however, the Next Step team provided all the tools and resources to alleviate all said conditions. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a personal development experience to go through this program. Not only did the program leaving highly satisfied, but I left with friends and cherished memories. From words of appreciation and help to gestures of empathy and kindness, this program provides the complete package.

Seek discomfort. Cherish the journey, not the destination. Trust the moment, live in the moment.
Tina

Great Thai internship expereience

The staff in Next Step Connection is really passionate and helpful. The whole program is comprehensive and supportive. I don't need to worry about the housing and day trips problem, as NSC help us to manage them well. All in all, it's great and worth to join. Besides, the startup culture is really different compared with the corporate. For those who would like to have your own business and never travel to thailand before, this program is exactly tailor-made for you and me, which kill two birds with one stone. When you prepare the application, you can select which industry and department you would like to join, NSC will help you arrange an interview with the related companies and provide you the basic information of the posts. The whole application process is easy and smooth.

Don't need to worry much on the external stuff, for example, food, housing, etc. NSC will help you settle everything. Yet it's better to prepare your positive and inclusive attitude to learn from your boss and the indigenous.
Vincent

2 months in Bangkok

Bangkok was an amazing experience. I had a great boss that catered unique projects to my skillset, because of this, I was able to learn a lot on the job. It was an awesome and unique experience, where I was challenged in various areas. I was able to complete complex tasks rather than clerical duties. For example, I was tasked with a research project regarding the implementation of blockchain in various industries, such as insurance and music. I studied its potential effects and how it will affect their financials. After this, I made financial models to value what the projects and companies would be worth today, such as a DCF model and NPV-IRR models.

On top of that, I was able to explore Bangkok and Thailand with Nexstep. We went to a lot of different places and ate a lot of good food - places I probably wouldn't have gone to on my own, but I am so glad I was able to travel to these places. Such as Ayutthaya and various small restaurants around Bangkok.

Bangkok is such a special place with incredible people. Everyone was nice and friendly, and all the food was delicious!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Exotic fruits - mangosteen and lychee. They are not very popular or feasible in America.
Riley

Awesome Experience

NSC did a great job in coordinating my experience while abroad in addition to connecting me to local companies from which I could choose to work from. This experience was the best of my life and it could not have been so great if it weren't for NSC. The staff did a great job of finding an interneship within their field, coordinating living arrangements at an excellent location, providing activities for our group to participate in throughout the summer, and addressing the needs of anyone in the program. Being a public health major, I was connected with a medical tourism company located in Bangkok. The majority of the staff spoke English and were very accommodating, so I was able to transition seamlessly into the workplace. I gained a great deal of experience throughout the program, and I would recommend them to anyone traveling abroad.

Ching Samantha Wong
Ching Samantha

A Great Experience

NSC helped me to find the company for internship. It also arranged housing, transportation as well as activities for us. The internship was well-planned. It was easier for me to adapt to lifestyle of Bangkok. The staff were very helpful for answering my enquiries. I learnt more about Thailand from my job. I also had plenty of time to explore the city during weekends. It was enjoyable. My time in Bangkok was fruitful.

Tristine

A valuable internship experience that ignited my passion

I loved the welcoming and supportive group of people that ran Next Step connections. Whenever I had questions about my internship or general questions about living in Bangkok, they were there to help. This program was also great at setting up dinners with companies, having speakers share their expertise, and hosting networking events for students to meet employers. Another bonus was the residence that NSC set us up with was super nice with lots of amenities and furniture. I’d recommend anyone who is thinking about going abroad to do it through Next Step! I was also extremely satisfied with the company they set me up with. I learned a whole lot about affiliate marketing and the Medical tourism industry, which wouldn’t have been possible otherwise.

Overall it was great. The only downside is that it was a bit costly, so perhaps lowering the burden students have to pay would be awesome.
Adrien

Incredible internship

NSC is a company which provide you an internship & a full support for everyday life. The team is amazing and Jerome is always there for you, everyday at every hour.
From the housing to the transportation but also where to go, what to discover, NSC helps me to fully enjoy my internship and my time in Bangkok.

NSC helps me to begin my professional career and help me to create a professional network in South Asia. Always happy to help you, Jerome is an inspiring person.

Dodi

Well-packed Two Months of Internship in Bangkok

When I took two months of intership in Bangkok earlier this June, I expect to get exposed to another face of Asian culture. Next Step Connections has been really helpful in facilitating and make sure that I get those cultural experience, while at the same time also challenge me to continuously improve my capacity as holistic learner. In short, I learn many things during the internship. And having it in Bangkok means that its not only during my working hours, but also everytime & everywhere in the city. Thank you NSC!

Staff Interviews

About NEXSTEP

NEXSTEP design and deliver custom experiential learning programs abroad for students, young professionals, academic institutions, enterprises and government agencies since 2008. We are experts in designing and delivering the following experiential...