CIS Abroad - Semester in Melbourne - La Trobe University

CISabroad Study Abroad Program at La Trobe
CISabroad Study Abroad Program at La Trobe

Head down under to Melbourne, Australia for an exceptional semester study abroad program! This program combines exceptional academics at La Trobe University and life in Melbourne, consistently rated one of the top cities in the world. You'll enroll directly at La Trobe University, choosing from hundreds of courses that you'll take alongside locals and fellow visiting students. As with all CIS Abroad programs in Australia, you'll also enjoy a comprehensive, multi-day orientation prior to the start of your semester at La Trobe and support throughout the program, including group activities and excursions.

• Large, diverse multinational student body
  • Vibrant campus community with highly active residence life
  • Robust academic offerings, from liberal arts to education, applied sciences to media studies
  • Extensive sports facilities on campus
  • Hundreds of clubs and student societies to join

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Ryan

I loved the housing because I stayed in the international dorms where other exchange student were at. This allowed us to form a group and travel to places together. There were also some Australians in the dorms too which helped us get to know more of the native people. The way the classes are set up you can travel more rather than being stuck in class all day.
My favorite memory is a event that only the students knew about, it had the whole school hanging out on the weekend and doing contests.
My tip to anyone would be get to know the bus/trolly routes and make Australian friends, they will help you discover new places and show you around the city. Also try to get an Australian drivers license if you’re able to.

Communication between the program and participant. I didn’t have a sponsor there like the people in Newcastle or Sydney did so I felt like I missed out on some things.
Johanna

Amazing Semester Abroad

Before I left for the semester abroad I thought the communication with the representative in the US could have been a lot stronger. However, when I landed in Australia the CIS team was SO welcoming and nice. To this day they still reach out and keep in touch. The programs that were planned for us were fun and informative. Choosing this program allowed me to meet so many people from both the United States and Australia and create relations and memories that I will always have.

The communication leading up to the trip with the representative could have been significantly better. I did have a couple issues while I was abroad with the individual (in the US) as well.

Location:
75 F / 48 F
Airports:
Melbourne Airport
( MEL )

Melbourne is the culture capital of Australia and generally considered the more "hip" city in Australia. There is always something to do in Melbourne, as it is always teeming with events like: internationally acclaimed festivals and sporting events. When you aren't at one of these events the city still has a bustling scene filled with museums, cafes, breweries and beaches.

Alumni Interviews

About CIS Abroad

At CIS Abroad, we're committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities for every student! CIS Abroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or...