CIS Abroad - Summer in Ecuador

On our Summer in Ecuador program, you’ll live 9,000 feet above sea level in the amazing city of Quito. Its historic downtown, full of cobblestone streets and colorful buildings, will captivate you all summer long. You’ll study at the leading private university in the country, the Universidad San Francisco de Quito, and be based at its well-equipped U.S.-style campus. Quito will also be your classroom as you practice newfound language skills in everyday settings. CISabroad’s program includes incredible, unique excursions that will complement your coursework. You’re sure to create memories to last a lifetime while traveling throughout Ecuador’s ethnically, culturally, and naturally diverse landscapes.

• One of the most diverse countries in the world, from the wilds of the Amazon to the majestic Andes to the Pacific beaches
  • Quito's UNESCO World Heritage listed colonial center
  • The thrilling Teleférico, a cable car with a view of Quito from atop a volcano
  • Thriving artisan markets showcase vibrant art and indigenous culture of Ecuador
  • Nine U.S. credits in nine weeks

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Leah

Summer Internship in Ecuador

This program was an amazing experience for me because I never knew that I would be able to go abroad to learn about my field, which is occupational therapy. The program is custom fit to your field and specific interests you have. The experience was so valuable for me to learn about myself as a professional and develop therapy skills. We were also housed with a host family and generally located within close proximity to other interns, which allowed us to have support from someone else in the same situation as us that we could relate to and adventure with in our free time. I would recommend this experience to anyone looking to study abroad that feels like their field doesn't have opportunities to learn and take classes outside of their university.

The only issue I ran into with this program was the transferring of the internship credit to my university. My graduation had to be delayed and I had to be admitted to graduate school on probation due to a 6 month long wait from the transfer university - Plymouth State. This added a lot of unnecessary stress to my return to school in the fall and spring semesters.
Response from CIS Abroad

We're so happy to hear you had such an amazing experience in Ecuador! We're sorry, however, that your credit transfer was not as smooth as you had hoped. Our participants' home colleges/universities typically allow transfer credit in a more expedited manner, so we're sorry to hear that your process had some hitches in it. Thanks for your feedback!