API Study Abroad in London, England

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from API.

London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums.

API offers options for students of all academic interests to study abroad in London, including programs at University of the Arts London, University College London, University of Westminster, London School of Economics, and Florida State University London Center.

Ellie

Awesome program

I studied abroad with API during the fall 2009 semester and my experience still positively impacts my life 10 years later! I loved all the things that were included in the program, such as the excursions and cultural events, and I felt truly supported by the API staff both in the US and abroad. While in London, API gave me the opportunity to grow more independent and confident and I developed a love of travel. I am still great friends with many people I met while abroad. I highly recommend every student study abroad!

Take every opportunity you have to explore London! There is so much to see and do and a lot of it is free! Check out museums, explore the thousands of parks, go to a lunchtime concert at St. Martin-in-the-Fields—all for free! Get out and walk around or use the Tube to explore all the unique areas around London.
Kaytlin

It's football, not soccer.

I studied abroad in London, and I decided to really create a life for myself when I was abroad. I wanted to take part in my experience, not just be a tourist. UAL offers a freshers fair for newcomers, and I attended and met the football club. I was hesitant to join, but one of my course mates was also on the team. She encouraged me to come to a training session and joined the team. It took them two weeks to break the habit of me calling it soccer, but by the time I did, they had become my family in London.
I spent my last night in London with this team. The entire night I knew I needed to get back to my flat to pack, but I just could not leave them. These girls became my best friends. I stayed so late that I actually overslept and missed my flight home. I eventually got back home safely but miss those people every day. Going to London with API, choosing that school and meeting that time is the best decision I ever made.

I would have loved some assistance in professional development.
API did not have to provide it, but maybe some tips about how to use that time professionally too.
Kimberly

Wonderful Experience!

I participated in the API Study Abroad Program at the University of the Arts - Camberwell College of the Arts (for photography) in London, England. My first choice was Paris, but I panicked about being away from my family and friends for 3 months, especially because I did not speak the language. I ended up deciding on London because it was a place that I had been previously, and the arts program looked like something that I could really enjoy. I am so glad that I changed my mind! I was the first to attend Camberwell College of the Arts, so there were a few bumps that needed to be worked out, mostly just figuring out what classes I was to take, but I couldn't have enjoyed the experience more. The classes taught me to push my thinking outside of the box and not rely on such detailed project descriptions to finish my assignment. Our resident director was amazing. She was there whenever I had question and took us on awesome trips around the city (and even outside the area). After I graduated from my undergraduate degree, I ended up going back to London for my Master and even helped out the local API resident director for a few weeks with her new students!