API Study Abroad in London, England

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, API has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

So much love here. We just won the team's first game of the season.
We dressed up as dalmatians for Initiation Night. (Vicky, me and Micky)
Victory shot after we won our first match. (Hala, me and Micky)
Study abroad in London with API
Study abroad in London with API
API Students with the Tower Bridge
API Students with the Tower Bridge
Student making artwork
Student making artwork

London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums.

API offers options for students of all academic interests to study abroad in London, including programs at University of the Arts London, University College London, University of Westminster, London School of Economics, and Florida State University London Center.

API Scholarships
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information

API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.

$250 - $1,000

Popular Programs

The University of Westminster, with 20,000 students, is divided into four campuses. Every campus has its own individual character and is home to a significant international student body, its own library, and catering facilities. The central campuses are all just a short distance from many famous London landmarks. API offers full curriculum programs during the semester, summer or academic year for undergraduate students, as well as a graduate program during the spring or fall.

Students looking for a prestigious university to study abroad in London need look no further than University College London (UCL). UCL is a modern, outward-looking institution, committed to engaging with the major issues of the day. It is ranked as one of the top 10 universities in the world, and only admits the highest caliber of students. API offers full curriculum programs for the semester, summer, and academic year.

University of the Arts London specializes in art, design, communications, fashion, and the performing arts, and is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. Drawing on and contributing to the local culture, they foster closely-knit and welcoming environments in which to study, supported by all the resources of the larger University and the wider arts community. API offers three programs at UAL: Semester Arts with British Students, Summer Arts, and Semester Arts.

London College of Fashion has an international reputation as one of the most creative and forward-thinking educational establishments in the world, as a result of their unique relationship with the fashion, lifestyle and beauty industries. They offer the chance to study a range of specifically tailored, professional, career-oriented courses in fashion and footwear design. API Offers the fashion studies program during the semester and summer.

API offers two distinct programs at the Florida State University Study Center: Full Curriculum and Theatre Arts, both available during the fall and spring semesters. The ‘broad curriculum’ program gives students the opportunity to pursue general requirements and elective courses while experiencing all that is great about London. The theatre program is a training program that enables students to study with some of London’s leading theatre artists and earn academic credit toward their degrees.

Ellie

Awesome program

I studied abroad with API during the fall 2009 semester and my experience still positively impacts my life 10 years later! I loved all the things that were included in the program, such as the excursions and cultural events, and I felt truly supported by the API staff both in the US and abroad. While in London, API gave me the opportunity to grow more independent and confident and I developed a love of travel. I am still great friends with many people I met while abroad. I highly recommend every student study abroad!

Take every opportunity you have to explore London! There is so much to see and do and a lot of it is free! Check out museums, explore the thousands of parks, go to a lunchtime concert at St. Martin-in-the-Fields—all for free! Get out and walk around or use the Tube to explore all the unique areas around London.
Kaytlin

It's football, not soccer.

I studied abroad in London, and I decided to really create a life for myself when I was abroad. I wanted to take part in my experience, not just be a tourist. UAL offers a freshers fair for newcomers, and I attended and met the football club. I was hesitant to join, but one of my course mates was also on the team. She encouraged me to come to a training session and joined the team. It took them two weeks to break the habit of me calling it soccer, but by the time I did, they had become my family in London.
I spent my last night in London with this team. The entire night I knew I needed to get back to my flat to pack, but I just could not leave them. These girls became my best friends. I stayed so late that I actually overslept and missed my flight home. I eventually got back home safely but miss those people every day. Going to London with API, choosing that school and meeting that time is the best decision I ever made.

I would have loved some assistance in professional development.
API did not have to provide it, but maybe some tips about how to use that time professionally too.
Kimberly

Wonderful Experience!

I participated in the API Study Abroad Program at the University of the Arts - Camberwell College of the Arts (for photography) in London, England. My first choice was Paris, but I panicked about being away from my family and friends for 3 months, especially because I did not speak the language. I ended up deciding on London because it was a place that I had been previously, and the arts program looked like something that I could really enjoy. I am so glad that I changed my mind! I was the first to attend Camberwell College of the Arts, so there were a few bumps that needed to be worked out, mostly just figuring out what classes I was to take, but I couldn't have enjoyed the experience more. The classes taught me to push my thinking outside of the box and not rely on such detailed project descriptions to finish my assignment. Our resident director was amazing. She was there whenever I had question and took us on awesome trips around the city (and even outside the area). After I graduated from my undergraduate degree, I ended up going back to London for my Master and even helped out the local API resident director for a few weeks with her new students!