API Study Abroad at University of the Arts, London

So much love here. We just won the team's first game of the season.
We dressed up as dalmatians for Initiation Night. (Vicky, me and Micky)
Victory shot after we won our first match. (Hala, me and Micky)
Study abroad in London with API
Study abroad in London with API
API Students with the Tower Bridge
API Students with the Tower Bridge
Student making artwork
Student making artwork

API and University of the Arts, London have formed a partnership to offer students the perfect environment to study art and design abroad. Students will choose a program at one of the six prestigious art colleges within the University of Arts, London, which together represent Europe’s largest university for art, design, communication, fashion and the performing arts. API students will study alongside local students and other international students in a wide variety of courses.

As part of the application process, students are required to submit a portfolio of their work to be reviewed by faculty at University of the Arts, London. It is important that the work each student includes reflects and demonstrates their creative thinking, initiative, and personal commitment to a particular project, and shows their breadth of work. Study in the heart of London at the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe.

API Scholarships
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information

API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.

$250 - $1,000

Kaytlin

It's football, not soccer.

I studied abroad in London, and I decided to really create a life for myself when I was abroad. I wanted to take part in my experience, not just be a tourist. UAL offers a freshers fair for newcomers, and I attended and met the football club. I was hesitant to join, but one of my course mates was also on the team. She encouraged me to come to a training session and joined the team. It took them two weeks to break the habit of me calling it soccer, but by the time I did, they had become my family in London.
I spent my last night in London with this team. The entire night I knew I needed to get back to my flat to pack, but I just could not leave them. These girls became my best friends. I stayed so late that I actually overslept and missed my flight home. I eventually got back home safely but miss those people every day. Going to London with API, choosing that school and meeting that time is the best decision I ever made.

I would have loved some assistance in professional development.
API did not have to provide it, but maybe some tips about how to use that time professionally too.
Kimberly

Wonderful Experience!

I participated in the API Study Abroad Program at the University of the Arts - Camberwell College of the Arts (for photography) in London, England. My first choice was Paris, but I panicked about being away from my family and friends for 3 months, especially because I did not speak the language. I ended up deciding on London because it was a place that I had been previously, and the arts program looked like something that I could really enjoy. I am so glad that I changed my mind! I was the first to attend Camberwell College of the Arts, so there were a few bumps that needed to be worked out, mostly just figuring out what classes I was to take, but I couldn't have enjoyed the experience more. The classes taught me to push my thinking outside of the box and not rely on such detailed project descriptions to finish my assignment. Our resident director was amazing. She was there whenever I had question and took us on awesome trips around the city (and even outside the area). After I graduated from my undergraduate degree, I ended up going back to London for my Master and even helped out the local API resident director for a few weeks with her new students!