CISabroad - Study Abroad at University of Westminster, England

CISabroad - Study Abroad at University of Westminster, England

We always have promotions running to save you money. Visit our website for more information.

Study at the University of Westminster with CISabroad! Live in the world's cultural capital and learn of the influences London has created and continues to dominate throughout the world. Choose from a variety of course offerings including: computer science, architecture, media and design, and psychology. Many disciplines are well represented, so you have the opportunity to fulfill course requirements for your major while studying abroad!

The university's central location will have you living like a local in no time! A unique opportunity to study and intern abroad, contact CISabroad to arrange a hands-on internship that will provide you with unparalleled experiential learning and also introduce you to English business practices.

Europe » England
London

London
Lexi
New York, New York

Semester at University of Westminster

This program gave me everything I was looking for as a first time study abroad student. The Site Director in London was a comfort to have. I felt like I had a resource and a helping hand as I navigated the new city. She was sure to talk to me and check in with me if I was feeling homesick. I also appreciated my Site Director's resourcefulness. I had to see a doctor while I was abroad and she gave me heaps of locations I could utilize. Plus, the university had a study abroad office available if I had any school specific questions. It's worth noting that the university had a large study abroad program, so there are courses geared specifically toward stud abroad students. I 10/10 recommend "Modern Art in London".
I also loved this program because while I had open communication with my Site Director, I was free to be independent. While I was in London, I spent ample time developing my exploring skills. Sometimes I think I know London better than my home, New York City. I truly fell in love with London and miss it more than anything! This program gave me the resources to pursue this city while remaining on-track academically.

Perhaps host a trip to Hampstead or Camden. These were my favorite spots in London.

Grace
Metro-Detroit, MI
Columbia College Chicago

Semester at the University of Westminster

The University of Westminster is in the heart of London, which was one of my must-haves for studying abroad. I wanted to live in a city that was historic, as centrally located in Europe as possible, had courses at the school in my major, and was close to major transportation. I wanted to be submersed in the city's culture and also have easy access to get around the city, to the countryside, and to nearby countries without a second thought.

The hardest part was adjusting to the different class/teaching style. While we were told ahead time the learning style was going to be different than what we were used to in the States, it is much different be told about it and experiencing it. I think, especially me, were expecting more homework, tests, and assignments to be due. Whereas we didn't have regular homework assignments (or any) and only 2-3 assignments worth most of our grade due for the entire semester. It was a hard adjustment at first, but it made focus more on time management, prioritize my assignments and time, and then led to more time to travel/explore the city.

Courtney
Winona, MN
Winona State University

Westminster Abroad

The school was really good. My classes were difficult, but very helpful. Everyone on the staff was extremely nice, and willing to help with everything! They helped with getting you started out, like how to learn the tube, and I also loved how they picked us up at the airport, so that way we didn't have to learn the tube on our own right away, lugging all of our stuff. Student housing was in a great place! It was in central London, so everything was easily accessible, and there were a ton of places to easily go to. Almost everyone in the dorms were exchange students, so it was easy to get to know everyone, and everyone was willing to get to know everyone! The program also organized some fun events, like going to see different plays, like Wicked. This program was honestly one of the best!

The housing conditions were nice, but not great. Maybe fix them up a little bit!

Lindsey
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
University of Alabama- Birmingham

Overview of semester in London

The semester at University of Westminster was awesome. The fact that the university was in the heart of the city was ideal. The living situation was perfect and I loved that the dorms were full of international kids from all over the world and not just from the United States. I lived in Alexander Fleming Hall and I loved that the security was 24/7. There were few struggles seeing as there was no language barrier and there was no reason to ever get bored in London-the city was much bigger than I thought it would be which ended up being a positive.

Nothing.

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience. Experiences are innovative and focused on cultural immersion.

All of the