CISabroad - Semester in London - University of Westminster

It’s not a dream—you can study and live in the dazzling city of London. Yes, the London, with its double-decker buses, stacked museums, enormous Parliament building, jolly pubs, and traditional afternoon tea. Only, you won’t be a tourist, so you’ll discover all the hidden gems just like a local. During our Semester in London – University of Westminster program, you’ll take a range of classes at this historic university. The school is one of the most diverse in the country, so prepare to increase your social circle. You can also opt to intern at one of London’s many businesses and organizations, gaining practical experience and boosting your resume. You can really make this city your own.

London
Lexi

Semester at University of Westminster

This program gave me everything I was looking for as a first time study abroad student. The Site Director in London was a comfort to have. I felt like I had a resource and a helping hand as I navigated the new city. She was sure to talk to me and check in with me if I was feeling homesick. I also appreciated my Site Director's resourcefulness. I had to see a doctor while I was abroad and she gave me heaps of locations I could utilize. Plus, the university had a study abroad office available if I had any school specific questions. It's worth noting that the university had a large study abroad program, so there are courses geared specifically toward stud abroad students. I 10/10 recommend "Modern Art in London".
I also loved this program because while I had open communication with my Site Director, I was free to be independent. While I was in London, I spent ample time developing my exploring skills. Sometimes I think I know London better than my home, New York City. I truly fell in love with London and miss it more than anything! This program gave me the resources to pursue this city while remaining on-track academically.

Perhaps host a trip to Hampstead or Camden. These were my favorite spots in London.
Grace

Semester at the University of Westminster

The University of Westminster is in the heart of London, which was one of my must-haves for studying abroad. I wanted to live in a city that was historic, as centrally located in Europe as possible, had courses at the school in my major, and was close to major transportation. I wanted to be submersed in the city's culture and also have easy access to get around the city, to the countryside, and to nearby countries without a second thought.

The hardest part was adjusting to the different class/teaching style. While we were told ahead time the learning style was going to be different than what we were used to in the States, it is much different be told about it and experiencing it. I think, especially me, were expecting more homework, tests, and assignments to be due. Whereas we didn't have regular homework assignments (or any) and only 2-3 assignments worth most of our grade due for the entire semester. It was a hard adjustment at first, but it made focus more on time management, prioritize my assignments and time, and then led to more time to travel/explore the city.
Courtney

Westminster Abroad

The school was really good. My classes were difficult, but very helpful. Everyone on the staff was extremely nice, and willing to help with everything! They helped with getting you started out, like how to learn the tube, and I also loved how they picked us up at the airport, so that way we didn't have to learn the tube on our own right away, lugging all of our stuff. Student housing was in a great place! It was in central London, so everything was easily accessible, and there were a ton of places to easily go to. Almost everyone in the dorms were exchange students, so it was easy to get to know everyone, and everyone was willing to get to know everyone! The program also organized some fun events, like going to see different plays, like Wicked. This program was honestly one of the best!

The housing conditions were nice, but not great. Maybe fix them up a little bit!
Lindsey

Overview of semester in London

The semester at University of Westminster was awesome. The fact that the university was in the heart of the city was ideal. The living situation was perfect and I loved that the dorms were full of international kids from all over the world and not just from the United States. I lived in Alexander Fleming Hall and I loved that the security was 24/7. There were few struggles seeing as there was no language barrier and there was no reason to ever get bored in London-the city was much bigger than I thought it would be which ended up being a positive.

Nothing.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...