View Other Details
Located on the Loire River, Nantes—France’s sixth-largest city—has all the amenities of a big city: world-class museums, breathtaking cathedrals, a great public transportation system, and even its own château. But the best thing about Nantes for study abroad? It’s small enough to feel like home.
Before long, you’re blending in with local residents and university students, and saying “bonjour” to the shop keepers you pass on your way to class every day. This livable, accessible, and exciting city was the official EU 2013 Green Capital. It’s something to celebrate when you study abroad in Nantes and can get around easily on the bus, tram, or by foot.
Immerse yourself in French language and culture in this city full of history and vibrant city life. You won’t want to leave.
- Founded in 1965, IES Abroad has established a strong partnership with the University of Nantes
- Enjoy the benefits of this partnership with access to university libraries, sport and other on-campus facilities, and IES Abroad's wealth of experience
- Full immersion program creates a valuable cultural, linguistic, and academic experience
- Carefully selected field-trips and excursions for travel around Nantes and France available to all students
- Teaching internships for education majors available
Improve your written and verbal proficiency in French through language and area studies courses and teaching internships, and learn about contemporary France and its role in the European Union. This program enjoys a close relationship with the Université de Nantes. You have access to the school’s libraries, computer labs, cafeterias, and sports facilities, and are welcome to join student clubs and other social and sports organizations. You also can enroll in university courses.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why IES Abroad offers more than $6 million in scholarships and aid. IES Abroad offers a number of diversity scholarships and grants to provide opportunities for traditionally underrepresented communities in study abroad.