We are a passion-fueled, design-driven co-creation space where students work with industry partners to solve complex problems.
In our fast-changing, interconnected world, we believe it is increasingly important to cultivate your skills in creativity, your processes for problem solving, and your growth in the human-centered skills of empathy, listening, prototyping and testing.
Studying with Design Factory NZ places you in a team of students from across Wintec, learning the tools of co-creation and design - while giving you valuable experience solving real-world problems.
If you have a passion for solving problem and want to develop your own practical, design-driven toolbox, Design Factory NZ will be a valuable investment for your future career and challenges.
- We place interdisciplinary students together in project teams. Each team is given an industry-driven challenge or issue, for which they will create a proof of concept solution.
- Students are led by an energetic expert team who are all committed to implementing problem-based teaching approaches and empowering the students in programme.
- Emphasis is placed on soft skills in order to meet the challenges set by the industry partners and for students to be ready for future work force situations.
- Students are provided with a space dedicated to prototyping and testing their ideas, while empowering them to be innovative and aware of business needs. The flexible and comfortable environment promotes collaboration, high energy and group participation.
- We are working closely with a global network that guides our delivery and has a proven track record in providing and solving industry-driven problems through the Design Factory teaching approach.