The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Seoul, South Korea

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Seoul, South Korea

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2018
The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2018 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

Set amongst the foothills of picturesque mountains, Seoul is home to over half of South Korea’s population and is the epicenter of the country’s government and economy. TEAN's partnership with Korea University allows students to study abroad in Seoul throughout the year with a semester, summer or winter term program.

More than 40% of the courses available at Korea University are taught in English, so you can rest assured that you'll find course options to stay on track for graduation. Korean language courses are offered every semester at six different levels and students fluent in Korean, will have access to the school's full range of courses (with a few exceptions).

The TEAN program also includes a fun orientation at the start of the semester along with in-country staff to provide support every step of the way.

Asia » South Korea » Seoul
Asia » South Korea
J-Term
Winter
Dormitory
Statement of Purpose

Roger

Hope to return someday soon!

Although everything about traveling abroad was unique from the food to the culture, something unique to my experience definitely has to be the friends that I’ve made. I was lucky to have met people that I clicked with immediately and got along with really well, they made my time abroad enjoyable and memorable. I still keep in touch with most of them and hope to see them again soon!
One memory that sticks out in particular is when we went to the DMZ as part of the TEAN orientation. It was undoubtedly one of the most remarkable excursions during my time in Korea. Being able to look out in the distance at such a place I’ve read so much about was surreal.

A word of advice to future participants: don’t pack as much! I didn’t listen to this advice thinking I needed everything I packed but I really didn’t. Packing half as much as you think you need is the way to go. As for how studying abroad impacted my life after my time abroad, I was able to make significant progress in learning Korean by immersing myself in the culture and the language for 5 months. I’m grateful to TEAN for giving me the opportunity to experience my heritage at the roots and for easily the most memorable semester of my undergraduate career.

N/A

Mitchell
University of Hartford

Study at Korea University

Choosing to study abroad in Seoul, South Korea was the best decision I have made in my life so far. If you want to go to a city that is full of life and rich atmosphere then Seoul is for you. The minute I found TEAN's Seoul program I knew that I had to go. South Korea is a wonderful country that is very technologically advance, but also keeps its roots with traditional values and sights to see. There are various traditional Korean palaces and villages to visit within Seoul city, while at the same time you may find street performers dancing K-Pop (Korean pop) choreography. Korea University is conveniently near the center of the city so it is super easy to just hop on the subway or bus and explore elsewhere. The transportation system is one of the best I have ever experienced. It is really convenient and easy to take, not to mention cheap. Eating out is also quite cheap. Korean food is so good and there are many tasty (and healthy) $5-10 bites to eat. If you love the cafe life, Seoul is the number one place to go. Almost every street has a unique cafe, many with different themes. Korea University also has a very helpful and organized international program for exchange students. Students are set up with Korean buddies (known as Korea University Buddy Assistants) and put into groups that you get hang out all semester with and go on fun trips within the city together. It is a wonderful program that makes it easy to make so many life-long friends with both Koreans and other international students. TEAN was very supportive with any problems or questions I had and a TEAN resident assistant in Seoul was also available for students to ask any questions they had about Korea. Overall, I was thoroughly happy with my experience with TEAN and South Korea.

I think one improvement could be to have more set plans for cultural activity outings with the TEAN group.

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and across Asia over the past two decades has allowed TEAN to become experts