API Study Abroad: Universidad Nebrija, Madrid

API Study Abroad: Universidad Nebrija, Madrid

Academic Programs International (API) invites you to study in Madrid, Spain at Universidad Nebrija for a semester, academic year, or summer. The two semester programs to choose from are "Integrated Studies with Spaniards" and "Spanish Language, Business, and Humanities." The summer program offered is "Spanish Language, Culture, and Business." Students are also offered the option of studying at the Universidad Nebrija with our graduate program. Some sessions may offer an early start option to earn additional credits.

Housing options for this program are plentiful, and include home stays with local host families, as well as apartment and student residence accommodations. Register today and go study in the largest city in Spain with API!

Europe » Spain » Madrid
Travel Insurance
Wifi
Letters of Recommendation
Pre-Departure Services:
- Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, and Scholarships.

On-site Services:
- Airport Reception, Resident Director, API Center, On-Site Orientation, Housing (Including Meals and Laundry with Some Options), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (Overnight, Day and International in some locations), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, and Volunteer Opportunities.

Re-entry Services:
- Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni-Network, and Development Opportunities.

Jack
Manhattan, KS
Kansas State University

An experience I will never forget

This was one of the best experiences of my life and it was made possible through API. The support they provided, the housing I was given, and the activities they planned were incredible, just to name a few. I was connected with amazing people from all over the country, and got to know everyone in the program really well. I got to live in an amazing city while improving my Spanish and earning academic credit. If you are considering API or this program, do it! You won't regret it.

madrid_student27
Berkeley, California
University of California- Berkeley

Incomparable Experience Abroad

Studying abroad was one of the most valuable experiences of my life, and I owe so much to API for organizing and facilitating my trip. Before I left I decided I wanted to experience the authentic culture through Spanish cooking lessons, dance classes and more, and wouldn't you know, API had that all organized already. I really, really appreciated just how many trips and activities were organized by API that were all included in the price of the program!

I also loved that one of the housing options included Spanish dorms, where I met many local students my age who I still stay in touch with today. Though academics were very much you-get-what-you-give, I felt like I came out with much, much stronger language skills than I ever expected.

Finally, I couldn't have asked for better coordinators to be there for me the first time I traveled on my own. When my wallet was stolen they were there to make sure I had enough money and was able to get in touch with my parents and bank and get everything solved quickly. When I needed help planning a trip, advice on where to go or even just printing my plane tickets, they were there to help. I came out feeling so confident in travelling and I undoubtedly owe it all to API's support while I was abroad. I only wish that API would offer more programs for post-graduation travel :)

It was hard to bond with all the students in the program when everyone is living in different places.

alinay
Salt Lake City, Utah
University of Utah

API Madrid- Best Experience!

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the API program. The directors were great and always available if you needed anything or just wanted to talk. There were, I believe, about 25 of us in the API Madrid program and the directors did a really good job at bringing us all together. I made some of my closest friends through this! Also, as far as program costs go I found this one to be a very good deal. In one semester they took us to Paris, Sevilla, Santander, and Toledo and paid for our transportation hotel and breakfast. They would also include a tour of some sort throughout these places.

As far as the different universities, I chose Antonio de Nebrija because they offered an intensive language program. It was great! I loved my teachers and I feel liked they pushed us a good amount. For example, we had to only speak spanish to them no matter what. Which I found to be pretty tough at first, but they help you along and everyone was in the same position as you. But in my one semester taking all spanish classes, I learned more spanish then in the 5 years of taking it in the US.

Overall, best program by far. I also spoke with some of my friends who did study abroad through other companies and they were either far more expensive or same price but didn't include a lot. Also, the directors were phenomenal and I have to say that that definitely helps when you are beginning a fresh start in a foreign country!

Ccurto
Houston, Texas
Kennesaw State University

Best Summer of My Life, Seriously.

I had an amazing time in Spain, and API made it happen. I chose this program because it was the most affordable with the most up-front support and information before applying. Their eye-catching blue-and-black website color scheme drew me in, and the many pictures and pages of organized information convinced me to apply. My academics in Spain were equally well-managed--API took care of enrollment at Antonio de Nebrija (which boasted a beautiful campus, incredible professors, and rigorous yet doable course work) and transfer of credits back to my home institution, while leaving me to plan my social calendar. I think that's important when studying abroad. API offered weekend trips and nightly activities, but attending the planned activities was not a requirement. I also made a bunch of lifelong friends during my time abroad--including my host mother, Mati, who opened her massive Puerta del Sol apartment and incredible home cooked meals to me. I could not have asked for a better experience, and by the time I left Spain I was more or less fluent in Spanish (I entered on an Intermediate level and left Advanced High).

The mission of API is to transform lives by providing enriching academic and cross-cultural experiences that foster increased self-knowledge, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the global nature of our contemporary world.

*The former API Cultural Embrace and Aspire by API listings are now merged under