CIS Abroad - Semester in Barcelona - Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona

Watching the sunrise at Park Guell during a CISabroad cultural activity
Museum of Catalan Art
Museum of Catalan Art
study abroad in barcelona spain at universitat autonoma de barcelona

Spend a semester or summer in the beautiful, coastal city of Barcelona! Study at the world-renowned Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona for a quality location in an unbeatable location. The university is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and boasts impressive programs in language and business in addition to a wide variety of class offerings.

The campus is positioned perfectly amongst bustling Barcelona, which is famous for its beach, nightlife, and art cultures - all of which any student will surely enjoy during a semester or summer. Experience all that this Mediterranean hotspot has to offer while studying abroad in Barcelona with CISabroad!

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Katy

The Most Amazing Experience of My Life!

Going into my semester abroad, I was super nervous about living in another country, especially without a support system. CISabroad calmed my nerves right away! From the very start of the trip they picked me up from the airport and helped me get settled into my apartment, and throughout the entirety of it they checked in and were always available for help and advice. Another thing I loved about CISabroad was the housing and school situation they placed me in. I was put into an apartment with other international students, making it extremely easy to meet lifelong friends. The location was in a family-friendly, safe, and centrally located area in Barcelona which I would not have traded for the world! As for the school, I attended the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona and instantly made lasting connections with my professors and fellow classmates. CISabroad gave me the opportunity to safely explore the beautiful city of Barcelona for four months while meeting amazing people and growing everyday. Overall, I would not have done my semester abroad any different and I have CISabroad to thank for this!

I would not change a thing! This program was so much better than anything I could have imagined.
Courtney

CIS Abroad

Going abroad was one of the best experiences of my life. I met a lot of great people from around the world, saw cities that existed long before the United States were even colonized, and learned far more than what I could ever be taught in a classroom. Living and having to immerse yourself into a different culture forces you to grow and experience new things, the skills I learned and brought home from that will help me in the future with whatever I choose to do with my life. Going abroad creates a new way of seeing the world and understanding different cultures and customs, I think it is definitely something every student should have the opportunity to do.

housing was mainly the only issue I had
Anna

Semester in Barcelona

I spent a semester in Barcelona with CISabroad and the program had its ups and downs. I lived in an amazing neighborhood in a nice, clean, and well-equipped apartment right by the metro and train. I also lived pretty close to the school I attended. The day and weekend trips they had planned for us were always a lot of fun but they always seemed a little unorganized. Overall, my classes weren't too difficult and Barcelona was an amazing city.

The staff can be more knowledgeable and helpful before and during the program.
Allie

Life Changing Experience

Barcelona truly felt like my second home. Every day there was a new adventure to go on and even after months there are things I didn't have the chance to do. If you like a city with a great variety of nightlife (everything from clubs to breweries to cocktail bars), beautiful beaches and a rich culture then this is the program for you. It is also super easy to get to other cities from the Barcelona airport and transportation is great. The classes aren't very hard because professors know that you are there to learn but also there to explore and visit other cities.

Housing kind of treated us like kids. Most of us were over the age of 21 and couldn't have alcohol in the apartments and could not have guests sleep over even if they were guests in the same program
Monica

Best Experience of my Life!

I knew that I would love Barcelona, I Just didn't know how much, and my expectations were BEYOND exceeded with the help of CISabroad. From the beginning, applying and preparing to go abroad all of the staff were extremely helpful in answering questions and making me feel prepared. Once I got there, it was super easy to find them at the airport and they delivered me to my apartment door, literally a 1 minute walk from Las Ramblas and the Christopher Columbus statue. Their orientations and welcome activities on site helped me get my bearings and make friends immediately. The classes and teachers were wonderful. There were many cultural activities to help immerse us in the culture from hikes, city tours and my favorite a cooking class. I'm not a super emotional person, but my roommates and I cried when it was time to leave and I cannot wait to go back. None of this would have been possible without CISabroad (and I'm actually planning to study abroad through them again, seriously that great).

Yasmeen

AMAZING!!!!!

My time in Barcelona was one for the books. This was my first time studying abroad and flying on an airplane by myself, and I felt very confident going through CIS abroad. They were very organized and they made me excited and ready upon arriving in Barcelona. The activities and the people made me very comfortable and I learned so much by just walking up La Rambla hearing Catalan and Spanish of the people around me.

It can be improved by having more activities and a bit more guide ness on how to explore the city. I like how the program let us do what we wanted, but I feel like when I got to Barcelona, there was a bit of chaos.
Amanda

Three Months in Barcelona

On a daily basis, I learned new things about Barcelona. I tried new foods, met new people, and saw new buildings produced by amazing architects and artists. I was constantly amazed that I was living in the most beautiful city in the world.

The school did not have an adequate number of computers.
Alia

CIS Abroad

This past semester in Barcelona was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Being able to experience and live in a beautiful new city, meet great people and travel around Europe really opened my eyes to what I want out of life and how much I love to travel and take on new challenges. I am so happy I chose CIS because they made all of the pre departure requirements really easy but more importantly the incredible staff in Barcelona were always willing to help and worked hard to make our time in Spain memorable. Barcelona is the best city in the world and I would not change a thing about my time there. From the beach to the lively culture to the incredible night life, I will look back on this amazing time for the rest of my life. Thanks CIS!!

I think it would be helpful to the people living in the apartments to be given new sheets and blankets upon arrival that we could pay for. It was a little difficult at first figuring out where to buy these kind of essentials for cheap prices. Also I would suggest allowing students to remain in the apartments for a little longer after the end of finals to be able to pack-up stress free and say final goodbyes to the city.