USAC welcomes students to come study abroad in Bilbao/Getxo, Spain at the University of the Basque Country! Located to the north of Spain, Bilbao is nothing short of a modern city labeled a cutting edge banking and service center, with attractions including world class museums, galleries, music halls, and not to mention its first rate public transportation. San Sebastian offers a unique view into the diversity of Spain and a truly multicultural experience with over a third of the city speaking both Spanish and Basque.
Coursework at the University of the Basque Country includes Engineering, International Business, Spanish/Culture studies and Spanish/Basque language. The Bilbao/Getxo program is geared towards those looking to pursue a bilingual and/or an international business career.
- Live in a dynamic, cosmopolitan city on Spain’s northern coast, one hour from the border with France and with connections to major European cities
- Enjoy many opportunities for inexpensive outdoor activities such as surfing, horseback riding, hiking, and cycling
- Intern in management consulting firms, publishing companies, NGOs, the Guggenheim Museum, and more
- Join our teaching assistantship program to gain work experience at local schools while earning money
- Study International Business, which may be taken separately or in conjunction with language studies
New Program: Comparative Studies: Uruguay and Cuba Summer Session
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.