The San Sebastián program opens an academic window on the Spanish and Basque people, introducing you to the rich diversity of Spain and offering a truly multicultural experience. San Sebastián has the highest level of bilingualism of any of the area’s cities: all of its inhabitants speak Spanish, and one third speak Basque as well. In addition to American students, European students also participate in the San Sebastián program.
Read more about our awesome program and sign up for the next available term on the USAC Study Abroad website today!
- Study Spanish and Basque language and culture while you live it in activities such as hiking, cultural events, and the conversation partner program with local students
- Live in a stunning location on Spain’s beautiful northern coast, twenty minutes from the border of France—with easy connections to Madrid, Bilbao, and major European cities
- Benefit from San Sebastián’s well-known, cuisine and beautiful beaches. Surf the Basque Country with locals to see why San Sebastián is known as one of the top destinations for surfing in Europe
- Join excursions in Spain and the French Basque Country to prehistoric caves, mountains, and traditional fishing villages
- Sign up for the optional Madrid Tour/Field Study and earn credit while exploring one of Europe’s most exciting capital cities
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.