Live TEFL Prague - Get TEFL Certified & Teach in the Czech Republic

Happily graduated
Happily graduated
Tramway is right there! Location, location, location.
The beautiful church at Namesti Miru Square. One can eat lunch on the steps.
Quick snap shot from the class room
Live TEFL Prague graduation ceremony
Live TEFL Prague graduation ceremony

Live TEFL Prague is a modern and progressive course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Do your TEFL Course in the Czech Republic! Start here, go anywhere! LiveTEFL Prague includes 130 sixty-minute lessons supplemented by 8 to 10 hours of teaching practice. With an average of 9 students in each class, you are guaranteed individual, personalized attention from our experienced international speaker faculty. The course includes job search training and you will have the opportunity to create a video resume and sample lesson. Your teaching practice will be with real classes of genuine English language students. The course fee includes all course materials and help with obtaining your visa, work permit, and business license. Regular networking events will keep you in touch with your colleagues and give you the chance to meet other TEFL teachers. Students with good grades are guaranteed a full time teaching contract in Prague.

• job guarantee
  • support
  • excellent trainers
  • small sized classes
  • international teaching certificate

Discount for February-May 2020

Course dates in February, March, April and May are discounted to 1050 euros (USD 1170). After the course you can stay and teach for our school in Prague, Czech Republic (300+ staff), or use your new internationally accredited certificate and travel the world.

Hey guys - I'm just gonna give a general reply to everyone's comment cause more or else everyone mentioned the same. Okay it does give me great confidence to know that there's atleast a 99% of a job guarantee, and yes Chris I do agree that life itself doesn't have any guarantees. The only and main reason I posted this question here was because, as an Indian citizen, we don't really have the...

• Benefits 9.4
  • Facilities 9.1
  • Instruction 9.2
  • Academic Rigor 8
  • Job Assistance 8.6
Ann

Great TEFL Experience!

Before coming to Prague, I'd worked in the medical field for about 7 years. Having no clue what to do next, I skimmed through travel blogs and brainstormed ideas for the future, and landed on the LiveTEFL Prague website. I'd been to Prague a number of times, so choosing the location was easy. It's a beautiful city with a rich history (and great public transportation). For me, the hard part was deciding which TEFL program to attend. After watching a number of videos on so (so) many language school websites, I decided to apply to LiveTEFL because of its good reviews and location. I was also pleasantly surprised by the amount of information available on the website and the quick response from their team. In no time, I was signed up for the course and contacted numerous times to discuss accommodations and any questions/concerns I had about the program.

As for the actual TEFL program, it's one of the most challenging things I've done in my life. It's one month and very intense, so you're likely to have a melt down or two. Be prepared to teach lessons by the second week and be seriously exhausted by the fourth. Don't worry, though! The teachers and staff are very friendly and supportive, and (if you listen to their suggestions) you'll acquire the necessary skills to succeed as an English teacher. If you're lucky you'll run into previous TEFL students in the teacher's room who do a great job at boosting confidence and reassuring you that you'll survive. (And you will!) During the program, you not only have the support of the LiveTEFL instructors and staff, but you also have access to visa support and job advice from previous students and Spěváček teachers.

All in all, I would highly recommend the LiveTEFL program to anyone considering TEFL courses in Prague.

Cheers,
Ann

It's hard and extremely stressful, but LiveTEFL Prague is there to support you the entire time!
Janet

LIVE TEFL

I recommend the LiveTEFL program in Prague for various reasons. If you do not have any teaching experience prior to the program, it prepares you well to teach once the program is over. You get to do a lot of teaching practice during the program, so that you don't feel overwhelmed and lost when you finally start teaching outside of the program. The course is very intense because it is essentially 6 months worth of material squeezed into 1 month. But if you keep working hard and taking it day by day, time will fly by. Prague itself is a beautiful city and there is so much to do and explore.

I will say that depending on how many people are in your TEFL course, the guaranteed job placement can be competitive and you may have to look for a job on your own. However, there are plenty of English teaching jobs throughout the Czech Republic and it should not be hard to find one.

Good Luck!

Georgina

Hard work but extremely rewarding!!

The Live TEFL course that I completed in mid-January to February was one of the most challenging but rewarding things I have done. I learned so much on the course about teaching methods and language, but most importantly I got real world practice that was extremely beneficial towards my teaching. The coordinators were very helpful, hands on and always gave great encouragement and advice. I felt that I could go to them with any problem and they would always help me out and give me lots of information. Prague itself is an amazing city with so much happening, and teaching here has been one of the best experiences of my life! If you are going to choose any TEFL course, I would highly recommend Live TEFL.

More practical information towards the beginning of the course (numbers of doctors, emergency contacts).

More time to complete the Learner Profiles, and more information and practical experience with public and business courses.
Puja

Splendid

Last year November, I enrolled for the TEFL program in LiveTEFL in Prague, Czech Republic. I must say it was the best decision i took. Coming from India, knowing little about this course I was thrilled at first. But, as time went by I could see myself getting indulged in this experience of learning and teaching. Every day was a new day, new experience and the expectation was unreal and exciting. I remember we were a small close knitted batch which somehow became like my family. It is a bit hectic and can be challenging since the course completes within a month, but its all worth it. A lot, of people might have doubts about the 130 hours program. But I must say, this 4-weeks TEFL course is beautifully crafted to perfection. From Teachers to staffs , all were very helpful. And, any help required they always had a helping hand to provide. Post, the program it helped me get a teaching certificate to teach all around the world which was easier for me to apply anywhere. Its like best of both worlds: You teach & you travel.

Like I said, the course is beautifully crafted to perfection:
Friendly teachers,
Amazing Staffs.
Updated library
Emilie

Live TEFL

This course is very intense and very difficult, but I do think that it's worth it in the end! The program provides a lot of support through the intensive course. There are so many staff members that help the participants through the process, all you have to do is ask! :) Even beforehand, Live TEFL provides a lot of support if you're moving to Prague by assisting with housing, which is super helpful!
The course itself is difficult, it takes a lot of self-discipline and determination, but once you get into the swing of how the course is organized, it's quite easy to manage. The course also includes a trip to a Czech cultural activity (when I attended the course, we went to Kutna Hora, which was amazing). It's really a nice course, the building is centrally located, and the school is awesome! :)

More consistency in the way evaluations are graded, more consistency in the way TEFL teachers communicate methods to TEFL students.
Avocado
Indrė

The best investment

Live TEFL was the best investment I had ever made (so far). Investment in terms of my time, money and quality. It exceeded all my expectations and I graduated (2018 March) with the biggest smile in the world.
The course is intense. Requires a lot of hard-work and commitment. However, experienced teachers help you in any possible way if you struggle. The syllabus is very well-organised. Moreover, you get a first-hand experience of teaching young Czech people. Which is absolutely amazing!!! Of course, you spend tons of time planning your lessons but the result that you finish with redeems everything.
Also, Prague is a wonderful destination. A city with stunning architecture, great beer, lively and vibrant lifestyle. In the middle of Europe!
Thus, I would recommend this top-notch course to everyone seeking for TEFL certificate. Why aren't you still enrolled, guys?!

Hannah

Live TEFL Prague

I had a wonderful experience while taking the Live TEFL course here in Prague. I learned all there is to know about teaching ESL and how to become more comfortable with this field of study. You will gain a better understanding on what it means to be an English teacher and will gain hands on experience by teaching students in the classroom. The location is great, the staff is friendly, and the TEFL information is very valuable. Taking this course is a good investment, you will come out knowing far more than you did before, all while exploring Prague, meeting new people, and making new friends. Definitely would recommend this course!

Kai

Kai

Signing up for this course was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Ashley, Becca and Martha were all very helpful, approachable, and generally great people.
It wasn't super easy. There were challenges all along the way, but without them I don't think I would have grown as much as I did. When I first started I didn't have a clue what I was doing in the classroom. Now I feel confident that I can teach in a structured and effective way.
The course may seem expensive, but the price includes accommodation in Prague and fantastic support from the Hello Academies staff. It is well worth it, I would recommend this to anyone with an interest in teaching English as a foreign language.

Kristen

A Foot in the Door for Living Abroad

This program condenses years of training to teach into a matter of weeks. I have multiple degrees from university, but had never taught in my life. In a demanding few weeks, however, I was provided with enough methodology and practice opportunities to feel comfortable and confident teaching everyone from children to teenagers to adults twice my age.

In the LiveTEFL program, you secure a spot amongst a rag-tag group of people who want to explore the world and learn at the same time, so your companions make the program a special experience. Even if you're coming abroad entirely on your own, you'll be a part of a team from day 1. That makes the transition to living abroad smooth and supported. Note*, while the website says that class sizes are capped at 9 people per TEFL program, my program had 13 people.

That said, there are no shortages of jobs or demand for English teachers in Prague, so allay any worries or fears you may have on that front. That's a concern that is not worth having. However, you should be prepared to save a significant amount of money before you come, because (if you're American or need a visa to work here), you will have to wait until your visa comes through to get paid. That said, there is a lot of private work that pays from the outset, so it's possible to make a living wage. That extra padding of saved money, however, is nice to have.

Regarding the course itself: you're taught by several teachers, so you'll learn several different teaching styles that you can pick from to form your own style. This is particularly helpful if you've never taught before, because the sampling of methodology is easily absorbed. The actual content of the course is not challenging. You'll learn methodology and lesson planning, and you'll brush up on several different forms of grammar, but nothing is that difficult. I think most of the challenges of the course are in the long hours, so don't take it too seriously. You're in an incredible new city with a brand new group of ready-made friends, so take the time to unwind at the weekends.

All in all, LiveTEFL sets you up with the necessary skills, provides visa assistance (though, the cost of the visa is not included in the program fees), and helps in the job search. Finding a job is the easy part. The hard part is calling home to tell your family that you're never leaving Prague.

Tomaž

There and back again where the back again never happened

Going to Prague I felt like I was on my own quest, not unlike Bilbo's from Tolkien's heartwarming book The Hobbit. Instead of slaying dragons, however, I was slaying and reinventing my old self, pushing myself away from any semblance of a comfort zone. Prague is beautiful and definitely worth a visit or a stay, which is what I have done. Doing the TEFL course with Live TEFL is a good way to turn a new page in life, be it the start of a long novel, a short story, or even a poem. If you are looking for new opportunities, look no further.

Now when it comes to the course I admit I had no expectations. I just flung myself into the heart of the storm and, surprisingly, it was not that bad. I enjoyed the jolly disposition of our teachers and the staff, the constant presence of coffee, and the random group of brothers in arms who had come from around the world to change their lives and become teachers. Despite having a master's in Teaching English, I learned a bunch of new, and most importantly, practical stuff when it comes to teaching English. I am not a theoretical guy, but I love the practical because it is, obviously, useful. Live TEFL provides a lot of practical, hands-on learning, so by the end of the course you will be well prepared for the world of teaching. You will have to work though and you will have to be tenacious, but at the end of the tunnel you will see a light and this light is called a job. Yes, the market here needs all the teachers it can get. It is a feat not getting a job as an English teacher in Prague.

The good thing with Prague is that you can work hard and play hard. So definitely go on this quest. I am your Gandalf, your Obi-Wan Kenobi (or Yoda), your letter from Hogwarts, and your divine epiphany that urges you to go forward and do the Live TEFL course. No regrets.

Toli

New Beginnings thanks LIVE TEFL Prague!

It was an amazing experience to arrive in Prague and have mostly everything LIVE up to my expectations. I had never been to Prague before so that would be the only other way to know what to expect! Firstly, the city is beautiful and very easy to maneuver. The location of the school is in a prime ex-pat area, lots of shops speak English and the people are very willing to help a lost TEFL student. I really enjoyed my time spent during the course and was able to expand my 15 year teaching experience within a whole new context and culture. The methodology course was given by the head of the department and this was great because we were able to ask real life questions and the implementation of our new skills.

Additionally, since it was summer time, there were plenty of activities in the city to experience. This helped to take a break from the intense study and get to know the city as your new potential home. I really enjoyed having access to the teacher's room in order to prepare for lessons. The room always had a great work energy and there was always someone around to offer advise. All and all, I feel this experience has set me up in the right direction in my new life.

Kornelia

Live Tefl Prague? Was it a good decision? Yes!!!

I would definitely recommend LIVE TEFL PRAGUE. They provide excellent training in a wonderful city! I took this course in July, 2014 and since that time, I have been teaching English in China.
Holding a master´s degree in English and Education, but working in another field – I wanted a course which would brush up my teaching skills. And I got exactly what I wanted.
It was an intense 4 week course, with a wide range of content: lesson planning, methodology, grammar and language skills. They managed to find the balance between theory and practice. We worked in small groups, in a friendly atmosphere.
During teaching practice we taught real students who came up with real questions and sometimes, there were classroom management issues. Once, I had to deal with some technical problems. The whole teaching practice was just real, so at the end of the course, I was ready to teach.
Our trainers were absolutely great! They had a remarkable professional background and were passionate about teaching. Kate made us believe grammar is fun! Ria, she was very supportive. She cared not only about our teaching progress, but also our feelings, struggles. Her “self- reflective essay” homework was a good idea. We also had CV assistance and video resume shooting, what was a plus later, during job search.
Trainers knew very well how important it is for trainees to unwind after a long, demanding week. So, there were some city and pub tours for the weekends.

Helga

An asset but not a career starter

I enjoyed the course and got good grades and was able to find work as a teacher in Prague. However, finding work teaching a language in Prague is not that difficult when you're a native speaker. I was hoping that I could step up my career with this certificate but so far it has not proven useful for me to go into the direction I was hoping it could take me. A TEFL certificate will not replace a diploma from university or give you an edge when you apply for places where they are looking for someone with several years of experience. Which I think is fair since I found the training, especially the teaching practice, one-sided. In my group, we only taught young adults and mainly focused on General language and teaching beginners - which was something I hardly did later on when working as a teacher. The main point to keep in mind is that while this is a fun program and a useful option for people who want to come to Prague for a while to get a work-and-travel-experience, it is not the right option if you want to start your career as an English teacher. The salary for teaching in the Czech Republic is not enough when you play to live in Prague and it is very difficult to find a better paid teaching job with only this certificate.

It would be helpful to have more transparency on where you can later on work with this certificate.
Jessica

Live TEFL Completely Changed My Life

In 2014, my decision to participate in Live TEFL completely changed my life. Prior to being accepted to the program, I had been working in an office setting for the past five years, and was quite dissatisfied with the unfulfillment I had been feeling for far too long. I wanted an adventure; a way to see the world, and to do something for myself that I could always cherish as a memorable time in my life, all while living and working in Europe.
After deciding Prague was the perfect place for me, (the history! the architecture! in the center of Europe!), I began researching TEFL programs. I chose Live TEFL Prague for a number of reasons. The focus on small class size for optimum development (my class had only 7 students!), the location of the school, and the helpfulness of the Live TEFL staff/team, was a huge contribution to what made my decision an easy one. The Live TEFL team helped me along the entire process; they picked me up from the airport and took me to my accommodation (which they arranged on my behalf), and provided great information about Prague's offerings. But, more importantly was what came once the course started. Active English teachers as your instructors, practicing teaching with real English students, an intense curriculum, and completely rewarding results, are all a part of Live TEFL’s methodology. Yes, the course is demanding, but those four weeks were so valuable! I learned so many useful methods and tactics, for example, knowledge about how to effectively teach the English language according to your student’s needs, lesson planning, teaching practice with real students, receiving meaningful feedback from instructors, observations from your teaching practice to enable improvement each week....the benefits are countless. Live TEFL pushes you to succeed in all areas and provides proper support through it all. As a special addition, I learned so much about myself as a person and have grown so much personally since becoming a TEFL teacher.
The TEFL instructors are all active English teachers, so you can trust them to give you the knowledge you need, based not only on textbooks and methodology, but their own experience. The resources in the teacher’s room of the SPĚVÁČEK language school (in which the Live TEFL program is taught) are incredibly useful and available to Live TEFL students at all times...a great plus for lesson planning! I really have so many great things to say about the Live TEFL Prague program. I truly hope you will consider giving yourself the opportunity to live your dreams...as an English teacher in Prague, Live TEFL helped me live mine.

Gemma

Hard work but worth it

I really enjoyed taking the TEFL course at Live TEFL Prague. It was very intensive - long days with homework afterwards - but definitely worth it. The classes are small, only 8 people, so we became very close and supportive of each other. The teachers were so friendly and approachable which was great when we were all nervous or exhausted!

One of the best things about this course is the amount of teaching practice with real students. I can't think of anything that would have prepared me better for the job of teaching English.

Another great aspect is the location, in one of the most beautiful squares in Prague, near lots of pubs and restaurants and very close to the centre of town.

I took the course in the summer so the 38 degree heat made it difficult to concentrate sometimes!