Get TEFL certified and start teaching in the Czech Republic

Happily graduated
Happily graduated
The beautiful church at Namesti Miru Square. One can eat lunch on the steps.
Quick snap shot from the class room
Tramway is right there! Location, location, location.
Prague TEFL
Prague TEFL

Live TEFL Prague is a modern and progressive 4-week course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Earning a TEFL certificate is the first step for anyone wishing to become a successful EFL Teacher and finance their travels by teaching English. During these four weeks we will take you from having no experience to having all the knowledge you need to confidently run your own classroom. We are an on-site TEFL course provider, located close to the Old Town center of Prague in the charming neighbourhood of Vinohrady. Whilst training at Live TEFL Prague you will also have the chance to enjoy the vibrant lifestyle and culture of this beautiful and fascinating historic city.
Do your TEFL Course in the beautiful city of Prague! Start here, go anywhere!
We highly value every individual’s personal journey and development, and therefore provide personalized assistance before, during and after your course to help you relocate, get TEFL trained and find a TEFL job.

• Job guarantee
  • Visa support
  • Part of a large language school
  • Small class sizes
  • Internationally recognised certificate

Covid-19 (Corona Virus) Update

The situation regarding Covid-19 is changing daily and we cannot predict what will happen in the coming weeks or months. We have always offered flexible course dates and we will continue to do that. If you sign up for a course and you are unable to travel or we have to cancel the course due to Covid-19, we can move you to a later course date.

Hey guys - I'm just gonna give a general reply to everyone's comment cause more or else everyone mentioned the same. Okay it does give me great confidence to know that there's atleast a 99% of a job guarantee, and yes Chris I do agree that life itself doesn't have any guarantees. The only and main reason I posted this question here was because, as an Indian citizen, we don't really have the...

• Benefits 9.4
  • Facilities 9.1
  • Instruction 9.3
  • Academic Rigor 8.3
  • Job Assistance 8.8
Patrick

Rigoureus but rewarding

This course is not easy but you will leave being able to do the job. The staff is very friendly and you will meet so many people you can lean on for support. While it may feel that they throw you into the fire too quick, it truly is the best way to get you ready and no matter how bad you feel they all want to see you succeed and to improve, which you will if you listen. Tasci helped me to understand English better than ever before. Tereza is one of the most knowledgeable people about teaching you’ll meet. Gwyneth and Martin each understand the realities of teaching in Prague and how to beat make it work.

Sandra

Challenging but rewarding

The LIVE TEFL course was challenging and stressful, primarily due to the sheer quantity of material covered in the month and the limited time available to absorb it before applying it in front of a classroom. However, the high level of support from the staff and educators and the quality of resources made available to students was a great help in successfully completing the course. Additionally, the pedagogical framework provided, the 'insider knowledge' imparted by the educators and the comprehensive feedback given at the conclusion of every lesson taught were also very useful mechanisms to support students. All in all, the course was very rewarding and has given me the tools to successfully begin my TEFL career in the Czech Republic.

If you are a native English speaker with limited exposure to English grammar, familiarise yourself with grammatical structures prior to the course. Remember, it is only a month!
Ann

Great TEFL Experience!

Before coming to Prague, I'd worked in the medical field for about 7 years. Having no clue what to do next, I skimmed through travel blogs and brainstormed ideas for the future, and landed on the LiveTEFL Prague website. I'd been to Prague a number of times, so choosing the location was easy. It's a beautiful city with a rich history (and great public transportation). For me, the hard part was deciding which TEFL program to attend. After watching a number of videos on so (so) many language school websites, I decided to apply to LiveTEFL because of its good reviews and location. I was also pleasantly surprised by the amount of information available on the website and the quick response from their team. In no time, I was signed up for the course and contacted numerous times to discuss accommodations and any questions/concerns I had about the program.

As for the actual TEFL program, it's one of the most challenging things I've done in my life. It's one month and very intense, so you're likely to have a melt down or two. Be prepared to teach lessons by the second week and be seriously exhausted by the fourth. Don't worry, though! The teachers and staff are very friendly and supportive, and (if you listen to their suggestions) you'll acquire the necessary skills to succeed as an English teacher. If you're lucky you'll run into previous TEFL students in the teacher's room who do a great job at boosting confidence and reassuring you that you'll survive. (And you will!) During the program, you not only have the support of the LiveTEFL instructors and staff, but you also have access to visa support and job advice from previous students and Spěváček teachers.

All in all, I would highly recommend the LiveTEFL program to anyone considering TEFL courses in Prague.

Cheers,
Ann

It's hard and extremely stressful, but LiveTEFL Prague is there to support you the entire time!
Janet

LIVE TEFL

I recommend the LiveTEFL program in Prague for various reasons. If you do not have any teaching experience prior to the program, it prepares you well to teach once the program is over. You get to do a lot of teaching practice during the program, so that you don't feel overwhelmed and lost when you finally start teaching outside of the program. The course is very intense because it is essentially 6 months worth of material squeezed into 1 month. But if you keep working hard and taking it day by day, time will fly by. Prague itself is a beautiful city and there is so much to do and explore.

I will say that depending on how many people are in your TEFL course, the guaranteed job placement can be competitive and you may have to look for a job on your own. However, there are plenty of English teaching jobs throughout the Czech Republic and it should not be hard to find one.

Good Luck!

Georgina

Hard work but extremely rewarding!!

The Live TEFL course that I completed in mid-January to February was one of the most challenging but rewarding things I have done. I learned so much on the course about teaching methods and language, but most importantly I got real world practice that was extremely beneficial towards my teaching. The coordinators were very helpful, hands on and always gave great encouragement and advice. I felt that I could go to them with any problem and they would always help me out and give me lots of information. Prague itself is an amazing city with so much happening, and teaching here has been one of the best experiences of my life! If you are going to choose any TEFL course, I would highly recommend Live TEFL.

More practical information towards the beginning of the course (numbers of doctors, emergency contacts).

More time to complete the Learner Profiles, and more information and practical experience with public and business courses.
Puja

Splendid

Last year November, I enrolled for the TEFL program in LiveTEFL in Prague, Czech Republic. I must say it was the best decision i took. Coming from India, knowing little about this course I was thrilled at first. But, as time went by I could see myself getting indulged in this experience of learning and teaching. Every day was a new day, new experience and the expectation was unreal and exciting. I remember we were a small close knitted batch which somehow became like my family. It is a bit hectic and can be challenging since the course completes within a month, but its all worth it. A lot, of people might have doubts about the 130 hours program. But I must say, this 4-weeks TEFL course is beautifully crafted to perfection. From Teachers to staffs , all were very helpful. And, any help required they always had a helping hand to provide. Post, the program it helped me get a teaching certificate to teach all around the world which was easier for me to apply anywhere. Its like best of both worlds: You teach & you travel.

Like I said, the course is beautifully crafted to perfection:
Friendly teachers,
Amazing Staffs.
Updated library
Emilie

Live TEFL

This course is very intense and very difficult, but I do think that it's worth it in the end! The program provides a lot of support through the intensive course. There are so many staff members that help the participants through the process, all you have to do is ask! :) Even beforehand, Live TEFL provides a lot of support if you're moving to Prague by assisting with housing, which is super helpful!
The course itself is difficult, it takes a lot of self-discipline and determination, but once you get into the swing of how the course is organized, it's quite easy to manage. The course also includes a trip to a Czech cultural activity (when I attended the course, we went to Kutna Hora, which was amazing). It's really a nice course, the building is centrally located, and the school is awesome! :)

More consistency in the way evaluations are graded, more consistency in the way TEFL teachers communicate methods to TEFL students.
Avocado
Indrė

The best investment

Live TEFL was the best investment I had ever made (so far). Investment in terms of my time, money and quality. It exceeded all my expectations and I graduated (2018 March) with the biggest smile in the world.
The course is intense. Requires a lot of hard-work and commitment. However, experienced teachers help you in any possible way if you struggle. The syllabus is very well-organised. Moreover, you get a first-hand experience of teaching young Czech people. Which is absolutely amazing!!! Of course, you spend tons of time planning your lessons but the result that you finish with redeems everything.
Also, Prague is a wonderful destination. A city with stunning architecture, great beer, lively and vibrant lifestyle. In the middle of Europe!
Thus, I would recommend this top-notch course to everyone seeking for TEFL certificate. Why aren't you still enrolled, guys?!