By Live TEFL Prague   Reviews (16)   92% Rating

Live TEFL Prague - Get TEFL Certified in the Czech Republic

By Live TEFL Prague   Reviews (16)   92% Rating

LiveTEFL Prague includes 120 sixty-minute lessons supplemented by 8 to 10 hours of teaching practice. With a maximum of 9 students in each class, you are guaranteed individual, personalized attention from our experienced international speaker faculty. LiveTEFL Prague prepares you for your TEFL career.

The course includes job search training and you will have the opportunity to create a video resume and sample lesson. Your teaching practice will be with real classes of genuine English language students. The course fee includes all course materials and help with obtaining your visa, work permit, and business license. Regular networking events will keep you in touch with your colleagues and give you the chance to meet other TEFL teachers. Students who achieve a Pass 1 result are guaranteed a job offer (6-month contract) in Prague. LiveTEFL Prague will also help you find suitable accommodation.

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
120hours
Job Placement
Hotel
1000.00

I was offered a full time position at the end of the course - you have to put in the work, meet the standard and grades required and have the appropriate teaching style and personality for the school....
yes, there is a job guarantee but it is usually not for a fulltime position. It's advised to look for other offers to see what would be the best solution.
I believe a note to clarify is needed in regards to this comment... Depending on the time of year, full-time positions may simply not be possible...which is completely normal for anyone in the teachin...
Yes, the offer is authentic. If you complete the course with a Pass 1 - you are guaranteed a job offer. I completed with a Pass 2, and was offered a job with the school immediately upon completing the...
I would like to confirm what Jessica and Chris have said - the job offer depends mostly on your performance during the course. For Grade 1 students it's 100% automatic and guaranteed but Grade 2 stude...
Yes to the best of my knowledge there is. It is in place for those who score an excellent pass, although I was offered a job half way through my course (I didn't accept as I already had a job lined up...
Hey guys - I'm just gonna give a general reply to everyone's comment cause more or else everyone mentioned the same. Okay it does give me great confidence to know that there's atleast a 99% of a job g...

Rating Values

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Tomaž

There and back again where the back again never happened

Going to Prague I felt like I was on my own quest, not unlike Bilbo's from Tolkien's heartwarming book The Hobbit. Instead of slaying dragons, however, I was slaying and reinventing my old self, pushing myself away from any semblance of a comfort zone. Prague is beautiful and definitely worth a visit or a stay, which is what I have done. Doing the TEFL course with Live TEFL is a good way to turn a new page in life, be it the start of a long novel, a short story, or even a poem. If you are looking for new opportunities, look no further.

Now when it comes to the course I admit I had no expectations. I just flung myself into the heart of the storm and, surprisingly, it was not that bad. I enjoyed the jolly disposition of our teachers and the staff, the constant presence of coffee, and the random group of brothers in arms who had come from around the world to change their lives and become teachers. Despite having a master's in Teaching English, I learned a bunch of new, and most importantly, practical stuff when it comes to teaching English. I am not a theoretical guy, but I love the practical because it is, obviously, useful. Live TEFL provides a lot of practical, hands-on learning, so by the end of the course you will be well prepared for the world of teaching. You will have to work though and you will have to be tenacious, but at the end of the tunnel you will see a light and this light is called a job. Yes, the market here needs all the teachers it can get. It is a feat not getting a job as an English teacher in Prague.

The good thing with Prague is that you can work hard and play hard. So definitely go on this quest. I am your Gandalf, your Obi-Wan Kenobi (or Yoda), your letter from Hogwarts, and your divine epiphany that urges you to go forward and do the Live TEFL course. No regrets.

Toli
Brooklyn, NY

New Beginnings thanks LIVE TEFL Prague!

It was an amazing experience to arrive in Prague and have mostly everything LIVE up to my expectations. I had never been to Prague before so that would be the only other way to know what to expect! Firstly, the city is beautiful and very easy to maneuver. The location of the school is in a prime ex-pat area, lots of shops speak English and the people are very willing to help a lost TEFL student. I really enjoyed my time spent during the course and was able to expand my 15 year teaching experience within a whole new context and culture. The methodology course was given by the head of the department and this was great because we were able to ask real life questions and the implementation of our new skills.

Additionally, since it was summer time, there were plenty of activities in the city to experience. This helped to take a break from the intense study and get to know the city as your new potential home. I really enjoyed having access to the teacher's room in order to prepare for lessons. The room always had a great work energy and there was always someone around to offer advise. All and all, I feel this experience has set me up in the right direction in my new life.

Kornelia
Bratislava

Live Tefl Prague? Was it a good decision? Yes!!!

I would definitely recommend LIVE TEFL PRAGUE. They provide excellent training in a wonderful city! I took this course in July, 2014 and since that time, I have been teaching English in China.
Holding a master´s degree in English and Education, but working in another field – I wanted a course which would brush up my teaching skills. And I got exactly what I wanted.
It was an intense 4 week course, with a wide range of content: lesson planning, methodology, grammar and language skills. They managed to find the balance between theory and practice. We worked in small groups, in a friendly atmosphere.
During teaching practice we taught real students who came up with real questions and sometimes, there were classroom management issues. Once, I had to deal with some technical problems. The whole teaching practice was just real, so at the end of the course, I was ready to teach.
Our trainers were absolutely great! They had a remarkable professional background and were passionate about teaching. Kate made us believe grammar is fun! Ria, she was very supportive. She cared not only about our teaching progress, but also our feelings, struggles. Her “self- reflective essay” homework was a good idea. We also had CV assistance and video resume shooting, what was a plus later, during job search.
Trainers knew very well how important it is for trainees to unwind after a long, demanding week. So, there were some city and pub tours for the weekends.

Helga
Lisboa
Dublin City University

An asset but not a career starter

I enjoyed the course and got good grades and was able to find work as a teacher in Prague. However, finding work teaching a language in Prague is not that difficult when you're a native speaker. I was hoping that I could step up my career with this certificate but so far it has not proven useful for me to go into the direction I was hoping it could take me. A TEFL certificate will not replace a diploma from university or give you an edge when you apply for places where they are looking for someone with several years of experience. Which I think is fair since I found the training, especially the teaching practice, one-sided. In my group, we only taught young adults and mainly focused on General language and teaching beginners - which was something I hardly did later on when working as a teacher. The main point to keep in mind is that while this is a fun program and a useful option for people who want to come to Prague for a while to get a work-and-travel-experience, it is not the right option if you want to start your career as an English teacher. The salary for teaching in the Czech Republic is not enough when you play to live in Prague and it is very difficult to find a better paid teaching job with only this certificate.

It would be helpful to have more transparency on where you can later on work with this certificate.

Jessica
Hamline University

Live TEFL Completely Changed My Life

In 2014, my decision to participate in Live TEFL completely changed my life. Prior to being accepted to the program, I had been working in an office setting for the past five years, and was quite dissatisfied with the unfulfillment I had been feeling for far too long. I wanted an adventure; a way to see the world, and to do something for myself that I could always cherish as a memorable time in my life, all while living and working in Europe.
After deciding Prague was the perfect place for me, (the history! the architecture! in the center of Europe!), I began researching TEFL programs. I chose Live TEFL Prague for a number of reasons. The focus on small class size for optimum development (my class had only 7 students!), the location of the school, and the helpfulness of the Live TEFL staff/team, was a huge contribution to what made my decision an easy one. The Live TEFL team helped me along the entire process; they picked me up from the airport and took me to my accommodation (which they arranged on my behalf), and provided great information about Prague's offerings. But, more importantly was what came once the course started. Active English teachers as your instructors, practicing teaching with real English students, an intense curriculum, and completely rewarding results, are all a part of Live TEFL’s methodology. Yes, the course is demanding, but those four weeks were so valuable! I learned so many useful methods and tactics, for example, knowledge about how to effectively teach the English language according to your student’s needs, lesson planning, teaching practice with real students, receiving meaningful feedback from instructors, observations from your teaching practice to enable improvement each week....the benefits are countless. Live TEFL pushes you to succeed in all areas and provides proper support through it all. As a special addition, I learned so much about myself as a person and have grown so much personally since becoming a TEFL teacher.
The TEFL instructors are all active English teachers, so you can trust them to give you the knowledge you need, based not only on textbooks and methodology, but their own experience. The resources in the teacher’s room of the SPĚVÁČEK language school (in which the Live TEFL program is taught) are incredibly useful and available to Live TEFL students at all times...a great plus for lesson planning! I really have so many great things to say about the Live TEFL Prague program. I truly hope you will consider giving yourself the opportunity to live your dreams...as an English teacher in Prague, Live TEFL helped me live mine.

Gemma
London, UK
University of Edinburgh

Hard work but worth it

I really enjoyed taking the TEFL course at Live TEFL Prague. It was very intensive - long days with homework afterwards - but definitely worth it. The classes are small, only 8 people, so we became very close and supportive of each other. The teachers were so friendly and approachable which was great when we were all nervous or exhausted!

One of the best things about this course is the amount of teaching practice with real students. I can't think of anything that would have prepared me better for the job of teaching English.

Another great aspect is the location, in one of the most beautiful squares in Prague, near lots of pubs and restaurants and very close to the centre of town.

I took the course in the summer so the 38 degree heat made it difficult to concentrate sometimes!

Gabriela
Prague

Helped me find my calling

I took the Live TEFL Prague course in July 2015. I already worked as a teacher back then so I was looking to upgrade my qualifications and boost my chances in the job market. What I didn't expect though was for the course to make me realise teaching is the job I want to do for the rest of my life. Which is exactly what happened. Everyone who taught us was wonderfully competent and ready to answer any kind of tricky questions. Our trainers were active teachers themselves and they were always happy to share their own experience with us. I also loved that the course wasn't only learning and lesson planning - there were nights out, a delicious introductory lunch on the first day, and even a trip outside of town to one of the country's most famous castles. It really was one of the most influential and beneficial experiences of my life and I couldn't recommend Live TEFL Prague highly enough.

Weather ;-)

Chris
Edinburgh, UK

Excellent TEFL course

An excellent school all-round. A well balanced course, with invaluable practical teaching experience. A fantastic group of teachers who provide invaluable support during and after the course. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, despite the hard work! I would highly recommend the school if you want to undertake a TEFL course.

Petr
Prague

The most challenging month in my life, however, bringing the biggest changes

I must admit I made great decision to take the live TEFL course in Prague for more reasons. First of all I wanna thank for organisation and wonderfull attitude of everyone involved. Trainers are so kind and professional, management as well :-) Beside tones of knowledge I have got also chance to meet like minded, kind friends. When I compare who I was in the beginning and in the end of the course, I can tell huge difference. I gained the self confidence a lot thanks to the teaching practise and especially very constructive and encouraging feed back. I also appreciated that all our needs (as trainees) were reflected --- f.i. we were assisted by planning a lesson as some of us had difficulties with that. Great support. And now? Doors to becoming a teacher of English are opened and I am ready to walk in, being well prepared, enthusiastic and encouraged.

Daniel
Liberty University

Overall Impressions

Overall, I was quite impressed with LiveTEFL Prague. The course was intense, as promised, but manageable. Coming from an education background, I found this course very informative and beneficial. Whether someone plans on teaching English or not, the faculty and staff at Spevacek impart wisdom that makes you a better educator, no matter your background or field. The TEFL instructors boast an impressive amount of experience between them and clearly know what they are doing. In addition to the staff at Spevacek, the facility itself is very good. There is a lot of material available for students and new teachers to use, including computers and online resources, textbooks, office equipment, etc. I would recommend this course to others seeking to acquire TEFL certification, especially in Prague.

Less time in the classroom and more time watching the instructors teach their classes.

Radka

Tough but worth it!

Almost 10 hours of learning a working day, plus some hours of preparation and writing essays on week-ends. Now, I know what it means "intensive". None of us was able to go out in the evenings (even though we were told the previous trainees were good party animals) or travel for whole week-ends.
I had been an English teacher even before the TEFL and this was a great inspiration and confirmation of methods I use (or would like to) but had never been sure if they were right. I discovered or defined my weaknesses, which is always an important moment for any improvement.
Our teachers became part of our lives for a while. :) They were simply amazing: helpful, motivating and friendly. I found my teacher-heroes among them!
Besides loads of methodology, lesson planning, teacher practice, skill teaching methods, we had also useful and practical lessons of CV writing, job interview strategies, included a video resume shooting!
Welcoming atmosphere with extremely valuable training => Highly recommended!

I guess some modules might have been better organized in terms of their order. It was caused by summer holidays. However, the overall output was great enough and it didn't affect the course itself. In general, the course was well prepared anyway.

Alex
Athens, Greece
Edge Hill University

Professionalism personified!

The team at LiveTEFL is one to be admired. I originally booked my course for February but was unable to attend. The guys at LiveTEFL were really helpful in rearranging my course for August. In the weeks leading up to the course I had regular emails providing all essential information and answering any questions I could possibly have.
When I arrived, I was picked up from the airport by a very friendly guy, and driven directly to the accommodation I was staying in (which I will add wasn't even the accommodation provided by LiveTEFL, but they still drove me there). Once there, they helped me with my bags and helped me check in. He made sure I knew where the local shops and restaurants were, and showed me to the local metro, talked me through the process of buying a ticket and gave me directions to the school. All of these touches were very much appreciated and made me feel settled and comfortable ahead of my intensive schedule!
Once on the course, the excellent efficiency and communication continued, the trainers were all fantastic, and always willing to offer extra advice, no matter what time, even in the pub!
The course is hard and intensive, make no mistake about it, with a full 8-6 schedule every day and assignments, along with all the lesson planning, but the staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, so if TEFL is what you want to do, look no further than LiveTEFL.

A welcome pack is provided which is great, but I think a map and perhaps some more information regarding restaurants and pubs would be helpful!

Lucie
Open University

Live TEFL Prague

I can only recommend this course! I gained theoretical as well as practical knowledge in teaching. The staff at spevacek was great and very helpful. I met great people. It was definitely a great opportunity!!

Nothing

Alexandria
University of Pittsburgh

Live TEFL Review

The Live TEFL program was a worth while experience for me. For being such a new program, I found there TEFL course incredibly professional and very informative. Even with no teaching experience previously, this course gave me a strong basis in education. I am confident in my teaching abilities after this program.
This lecturers were all very nice and easily accessible throughout the entire program, whether to talk in depth over a lesson plan or suggest a fun place to get a beer. I felt that the lecturers honestly cared about our development throughout the program. The feedback provided from all of them throughout the course was constructive and inspiring, probably helping me the most in my development. The program itself was incredibly challenging, expect class all day and a couple of hours of homework at night, but I find that this is necessary for a month long intensive course. The demands of the course matched the amount of learning.
On a side note, Namesti Miru, where the course is held, is a lovely area and really added to the entire experience.

I suggest finding housing on your own, or prompting them for cheaper accommodations if you feel it is too pricey. Also, if you aren't hired by them, do not expect help with your visa, bank account or other things of that nature. This is to be expected in the Czech Republic though. Most schools, even if they do hire you, provide little help with visas or other paper work. So be prepared to do it on your own. There are a lot of private businesses in Prague that help expats with the paperwork though.
When prompted, they gave me an extensive list of accredited schools to apply to in Prague, which lead to my employment.

Abi

LiveTEFL Prague

The LiveTEFL program I found to be very intensive, with long hours and many assignments. The instructors were all friendly and had easy to approach. The course was very helpful and highlighted the English teaching methodology used in Prague, which was then helpful during interviews with other companies. I was underwhelmed by the accommodation organised by the school and would advise against this option. The school premises are immaculate and the facilities are great. The school has a good reputation and so finding a job was relatively easy, however I believe that more support could be given with regards to finding accommodation for the TEFL students during the course. Overall, I would recommend Spevacek as their fantastic staff make the transition to TEFL teacher very enjoyable.

I would definitely have more support for the international students. The accommodation was overpriced and shoddy, and the school was unhelpful finding new flats after the course. The school also didn't help with finding jobs or sorting out visas or giving a guide as to how to go about taxes.

Brianna
Drake University

Live TEFL was a worthwhile experience

Live TEFL is a newer program, but one planned and taught by professionals currently in the teaching field. When I first flew from America to Prague to start the program, I wasn't sure if it would be what I wanted or worth my time, but it definitely was. The course was difficult and time-consuming - we were there every day from 9 am to 5:30 pm, then had to do homework afterwards. But because the course only lasted 4 weeks, I really appreciated this because I learned a lot. The class was also really small (only six people), so each person was able to get individual help if needed.

Overall, we had over 120 hours of lessons about teaching English, and about 4 hours of actual teaching practice (we even took some courses in survival Czech!). The teaching practices were most helpful because you had multiple people watching you (a teacher and a couple of peers), so you were given a lot of feedback on how you did. I would have liked to practice teaching a little more, but I think it's something you have to just go into the field and do/practice.

Each teacher is really nice and willing to help if asked. The course also has people available to help with visas and basic things, such as transportation, bank accounts, and accommodation, so you aren't completely alone when finish the program.

Something I liked most about this course was that it's attached to a good and prominent school in Prague - Spěváček. If you work hard and do well in the course, you have the opportunity to interview for a job. I am currently working at Spěváček for this reason.

I would have liked to practice teaching a little bit more, and with a more variety of classes. During the 4 hours of teaching skills, we taught pre-intermediate/intermediate teenagers, but the first classes I was offered were business classes with adults and a general English class with a young learner. We were taught a lot about different age groups and business course, but it's something I would have still liked to practice before starting work.

Are you seeking adventure and personal growth? Become a TEFL teacher in Prague. LiveTEFL Prague is a 4-week intensive course in the heart of the Czech Republic’s historical capital city. LiveTEFL’s small class size guarantees you individual attention and, because we’re a language school, you will get real hands-on experience, with real students. You will also learn to use the latest technology in the classroom. Prague is a regional commercial centre which attracts many international companies, meaning great teaching opportunities are waiting for you (get a Pass 1 and you’re guaranteed a job!). A TEFL qualification also opens the doors to opportunities throughout the world, and teaching English is a fun way to finance your travel. It also gives you the chance to meet the locals and make new friends—all while you learn new skills. Prague, which enjoys a relatively low cost of living, is packed with history, culture and a vibrant nightlife – not to mention the great food and beer.