COVID-19 Program UpdatesDue to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, International TEFL Academy has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily. Learn more about COVID-19 updates and sign up for email notifications to stay tuned regarding program information.
Want to get paid to live, travel, and teach in the heart of Central America? Then get TEFL certified & teach English abroad in Nicaragua!
Nicaragua is your spot for an "authentic" experience abroad in a developing country that hasn't been "McDonald-isd.” Nicaragua is ideal for teachers who are passionate about learning Spanish and for teachers who don’t have a 4-year university degree or prior teaching experience.
You can get TEFL certified in the beautiful University town of Leon, Nicaragua, only 30 minutes away from the Pacific Ocean & surfing. You can also take ITA's Online TEFL class.
TEFL classes in Nicaragua are 4-weeks long, Mon - Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with a rotating practicum schedule some evenings from 6-8pm. Students should expect a full day of classroom work, practice teaching, role playing, and group discussions.
With your ITA TEFL certification & lifetime job search assistance, you can finding professional teaching jobs in Nicaragua & in 80+ countries worldwide!
Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?
- One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: Work with your ITA Nicaragua Advisor to get your questions answered about teaching English in Nicaragua before you enroll in your TEFL class. How will I find a job in Nicaragua? What type of school will I work at? What types of students will I likely be teaching? We will make sure you are completely confident in your plan before enrolling.
- Professional Nicaragua TEFL Certification Course: Take an accredited 4-week TEFL certification course on the beach in Nicaragua! Located in Las Peñitas/Poneloya, Nicaragua, 20 minutes outside of Leon, one of the most historic cities in Latin America.
- All Of Our Staff Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone at ITA Nicaragua has extensive international experience, many of our staff are living abroad in Nicaragua! Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad from first-hand experience.
- One-on-One Job Search Guidance for Teaching English in Nicaragua: Once enrolled in your ITA Nicaragua TEFL class, you’ll work with our team to help you prepare for your job search in Nicaragua. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets across Nicaragua.
- Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Don’t know anyone in Nicaragua? No problem! We have a tight knit group of ITA alumni all over Nicaragua who are more than eager to help you out, so you’ll be a part of the family right away. As an ITA alumni you have exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 20,000 ITA alumni teaching English in Nicaragua & across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you get to Nicaragua & get all of your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad in Latin America!