Award Winning Volunteering Projects on the Fiji Islands with Think Pacific

Volunteer in Fiji and experience the unique culture, customs and way of life of the incredible South Pacific islands. Our projects offer you the opportunity to actually join a traditional village, to become a member of a Fijian family and work as a team to contribute to education, youth and sports development projects, which are making an immense difference to the lives of children living in hardship.

A Think Pacific project will take you to a village you can only experience with us, because of our unique partnership with the Fijian Government. Which means you can get under the skin of a beautiful country with beautiful people to make deep and meaningful relationships, whilst making a real contribution to communities that really need your support.

• Programs running all year round
  • Live with a Fijian family
  • Team leaders providing 24/7 support in Fiji throughout projects

Abbie

Amazing experience!

I volunteered in Fiji with Think Pacific for a month last year. It was honestly the best experience I’ve ever had, the whole trip was so well organised and every slight concern was dealt with so you felt completely at ease and safe throughout it all. It was amazing to see how much of an impact you can have in such a short space of time, with the Maths and English and also the PE. I enjoyed every second of it and made friends for life, in Fijians and other volunteers too. I often speak to my Fijian family, and I’ve also gone on about it all so much one of my friends is now volunteering this year too!

The organisation of the whole trip was amazing. The only improvement would be to spread the word even further so more people are aware of all the good Think Pacific do!
Dillon

Literally the Best Thing I have Ever Done

I went on a 1-month expedition in 2017 and it was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done but also the most rewarding, being able to learn about new cultures and live amongst true Fijian family was amazing.
The people and the support that was with me on the journey made the experience so much better.
After looking for volunteering projects for a while. Think Pacific really stood out as the one that really wanted to make a difference and you can tell by the passion of the staff drew me into wanting to volunteer with them.

I personally couldn't fault the team and there work. They have invested so much time into the program and they welcome everyone to their community
Anna

Bula Batiki

I spent Summer 2016 living and volunteering in Yavu village, Batiki Island with Think Pacific. The experience was incredible from start to finish!

Prior to the project, we visited a number of beautiful resorts with our leaders which helped with team building and preparing our group for village life, from their first hand account of volunteering with Think Pacific.

Adjusting into a rural community, being adopted by a traditional family and learning the unique Fijian culture pushed me completely out of my comfort zone and this is an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. I left with a completely different perspective of how we live our lives in the UK.

The teaching and sports programme provides the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children facing hardship within rural Fijian communities, which was incredibly rewarding for both ourselves and the pupils.

Vinaka vaka levu, TP/FIJI for the experience of a lifetime!

No need for improvement, class from start to finish.
Zoe

Couldn’t recommend more

The fact that I have been to Fiji twice with Think Pacific just goes to show how much I value the organisation and the work they do in villages and schools. If anyone is thinking about it don’t sit on the fence, this is the most incredible experience not to be missed.

Aside from character building, teaching you skills in schools, leadership and team membership, Think Pacific also gives you an amazing opportunity to meet new, like-minded people.

If this sounds like something you would get involved with, don’t hestitate, chat to TP asap!

Really can’t be improved. Loved it.
Rory

Batiki 2013

I went to Fiji five years ago and it’s the best thing I’ve done. Think Pacific is unique in that you don’t feel like a ‘voluntourist’ - you will learn and gain as much, if not more, from the village you live in as they will from the expedition.

I saw Think Pacific’s principles change communities for the better, without forcing a foreign way of thinking onto those they work with.

This really sets TP apart from the majority of organisations I’ve seen across the world.

Also - Fiji is absolute paradise. Do it!

Lewis

Phenominal Experience in Fiji

From start to finish the expedition was full of surprises and enjoyment. Being surrounded in the Fijian cultural was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life, the hospitality and kindness shown by the Fijians was unparalleled and definitely gives you a new perspective on life. Although tough at times it is rewarded by smiles of the children you are there to help. I would recommend anyone to take an expedition to Fiji with Think Pacific, a very supportive and down to earth charity.

Im not saying the expedition wasnt perfect but i am struggling to think of an aspect id pin point to improve.
Becky

The best decision I've ever made

Think Pacific is the most incredible charity to volunteer with. I was supported massively throughout the whole project, even before I left the UK. The work they do with children in schools and the communities is incredible, you really feel like yoire making even a small difference in these kids lives. I made the best friends over in Fiji and created memories that will last a lifetime. I learnt so much about myself and the Fijian culture, this project was more than I could ever of hoped for.

Ania

Once in a lifetime! Will never forget it.

An amazing experience! We were warmly welcomed and recieved guaidance throughout the whole time. Plenty of activities and games, there was not one evening with nothing to do. Teaching and lesson planning is sometimes tough but you recieve a lot of help and it's incredibly rewarding seeing the kids improve. Became an instant family member in the village and it felt like home by the second day, the kindest people I will ever have the pleasure to meet. Fun trecks during weekends. The entire trip was very well planned out and leaders are able to help with everything. I am very glad I signed up it was truly amazing.

Plan the outreach days ahead of time so everyone gets to do it.
More "village sports" to encourage the mums amd sisters to play.
Konstantinos

July 2017-August 2017 Tumbairata Village - Raunitogo School

Definitely the most powerful experience in my life so far. Think Pacific is the first organisation in my life which present me exactly how this remarkable expedition works and what are the expectations after this journey. I will never forget the well-organised trip, the amazing impact in the Fijian communities and the fulfillment you offered me! Amazing Team Leaders, Project Managers, down to earth CEOs and members who are willing to create the best environment both for the volunteers and for the communities. Probably the most sustainable organisation i have ever cooperate with. I wish to go back once again to meet my Tumbairata family and students! Thanks for everything :)

Having records from Schools on existed grades per student will help volunteers to pre-plan and create a strategy to prioritize slow learners to fast learners and save time observing who is who!
Cem

Surreal experience

The time I spent in Fiji is without a doubt one of the best experiences of my life. Not only did we have fun on the scheme, but we also impacted the society and education of the children we were teaching. It really is fulfilling to see a child you have been working with finally understand a maths equation or English word they have been struggling with. The ThinkPacific foundation also provide great support for the volunteers, who may find it difficult to transition to village life at first, as well as providing fun and exciting trips over the weekend. Words alone cannot describe my time in Fiji, till this day continually keeping in contact with my host family. Would highly recommend anyone who wishes to taste new cultures, as well as people considering careers in teaching to join.

Male headshot
Astie

Cliche alert - time of my life

There aren't enough superlatives to express how much I enjoyed my expeditions in Fiji and how great a company Think Pacific are. They are purely focused on Fiji so know the country inside out, and they have contacts everywhere - most fijians I meet in the UK have heard of TP!
The leaders have quite often volunteered themselves so cab really relate to how you're feeling and help make the trip that much better. You get detailed briefs beforehand at home and in Fiji, as well as getting a chance to debrief at R&R in your last few days.
I can't recommend this highly enough - just sign up!!

I'm really struggling to think of anything...
Martha

Can’t wait to go back one day!

I completed the 1 month expedition with Think Pacific last year and I honestly can’t put into words how much I wish I could hop on a plane and go back!

My team lived in Nadrala Village, where we were welcomed with open arms (and lots of grog!) into their community. From day one we were thrown in at the deep end of Fijian culture, living without home comforts, eating traditional food, and trying our hand at learning some Fijian – but our amazing Leaders/lovely family meant that we settled in and adapted quickly. We were lucky enough to have six kids in our family, which meant that we were always entertained and kept busy once we’d come home from school.

Teaching in the schools was really rewarding, when taking pupils out of their classes for one-on-one help, it was easy to see how easily they could slip through the net and fall behind in their school system, and how much they benefitted from new styles of teaching. Also, pretty much all of the kids had never played or even seen any other sports apart from Rugby and Netball, so when we introduced P.E lessons they were beyond excited. I’m not sporty whatsoever, so I was really worried about this aspect of the trip, but I actually ended up really enjoying it! I wasn’t the most aethletic (to put it lightly!) on the team, but it didn’t matter because we were all there to help each other out and team sports at the end of the day was more of a laugh than anything else!

On the first day at school I had my 20th birthday, and despite being so far away from home and my family, I had the best time. The team organised a surprise party, and the village put on a huge celebration for me despite only knowing me for three days at that point! It was just the best, most-humbling experience I could have asked for. And even now, almost a year on I still think about it and wish I could go back one day.

I was initially really worried as my family seemed to live pretty far outside the village and we went to bed without meeting any of the children because they were asleep by the time we’d got there, but in the morning it was absolutely fine! So the only thing I can think of would be if teams could arrive at the village a couple of hours earlier, it’d get rid of those first night nerves.
Fintan

Unreal

I had been thinking about taking the trip for a long time and in my first year of uni decided to. The support before we left was incredible starting from thé presentations from Simon. From the moment we reached Fiji and got to meet our team (which was well organised regarding Facebook groups) it was all go. Our leaders were unbelievable at balancing being friendly but also ensuring we respected the villagers and their culture. This was the biggest part of my trip and couldn't thank them enough for what they did. Having met wider members of the team behind all the organising such as Harry and Nigel, I soon realised we were in safe hands across the board. The project gives you a real sense of village life and not the regular tourist malarky you usually get. It wasn't for the feint hearted or feint stomached but everyone in the group really appreciated this as you see a completely different life to the one you love at home. I couldn't rate the trip higher and have not stopped talking about it (much to the frustration of my friends)! I really can't wait to go back and see how Thinkpacifc has changed the country.

Not at all, as cliche as it sounds!
Alex

Best thing I've ever done

Easily the most enjoyable experience I've Had. Volunteered in 2016 and was able to go to a village and meet an amazing community and be welcomed into it. Would go back and do it all again in a heart beat.
The project was well worked and we were well looked after by our leaders who planned all of our activities and excursions while we were in the village

Would love to go back to visit

10/10 would recommend to a friend

Emily

No shoes, No problem

ThinkPacific is so much more than a volunteer experience, which I think is down to the sustainable nature of the programme and how it’s implemented so thoroughly. Forming connections with strangers who quickly become family, and forming genuine friendships with adults and kids from the other side of the planet is not something you can do every day - and think pacific allows you to immerse yourself in this loving, hardworking, no excuses, unified environment.
The sheer level of detail the leaders make sure goes into teaching and ensuring new learning doesn’t stop when we leave is completely admirable - right down to Kindi (although the frog song still haunts me).
When I hear other members of TP talk about their experience their choice of term is always “We” and never “I”.
This may not be the most relatable point, but if you’re anything like me - the fact that it wasn’t an issue to be barefoot for three days when my flip flops broke was an absolute dream come true.
If you ever find yourself in a place where you feel connected, happy, excited, useful, loved, cared for, supported, and you’re sporting a GORGEOUS golden tan - you’re probably in Fiji with ThinkPacific.

Continue to push for volunteers to buy their flights early. Other than that there is very little that could make this any better.

About Think Pacific

Volunteer in Fiji on a life-changing expedition. See Fiji through the eyes of local people and live at the heart of a remote Fijian village. Make lifelong friendships and shared memories on a challenging team project. Volunteer with children through...