• Fiji

Program Details

Age Max
Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)

Pricing

Registration Fee: £195.
1 Month: £2,145 / $3,695 AUD
2 Month: £3,295 / $5,745 AUD

We pride ourselves on the delivery of such a safe, structured and personally supported experience. Your expedition fee includes your food, accommodation, in-country travel, resort briefings, R&R, weekend adventures, emergency support and your expedition leader team living with you 24/7. Expeditions also fund the work of the Think Pacific Foundation (Fijian charity FJ 989) enabling us to support Fiji's National Development Goals.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Equipment Meals Transportation
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Oct 12, 2022
Dec 14, 2022
95 travelers are looking at this program

Experience the unique culture, customs and way of life of the South Pacific islands. Make lifelong friendships and shared memories on a challenging project, whilst gaining global experience, developing unique skills and making a real contribution.

Whether you are looking to enhance your university studies or embark upon a meaningful adventure as a gap year student or graduate, our projects provide a life-changing experience of Fiji.

A Think Pacific project will take you to a village you can only experience with us, because of our unique partnership with the Fijian Government. This means you can get under the skin of a beautiful country with beautiful people to make deep and meaningful relationships, whilst making a real contribution to communities that really need your support.

Program Highlights

• Meaningful team volunteer project & placements in the Fiji Islands.
  • In partnership with Fijian Government.
  • Complete cultural immersion in a rural village.
  • Project includes; food, accommodation, 24/7 in-country support, weekend adventures, domestic travel, charity donation.
  • Work on Youth, Build, Sport, Mental Health, Public Health & Leadership initiatives.

• 5 rating 97.41%
  • 4 rating 2.59%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Giovanni

Experience of a lifetime

Travelling with Think Pacific has allowed me to live what I now regard as the best experience I’ve ever made in my life.

By joining their Youth Empowerment project, I’ve had the chance to travel to a remote, beautiful place like Fiji to do something good and impactful.

Since the moment I’ve arrived until the very last minute I’ve made memories that I will keep in my heart for the rest of my life: from meeting the other volunteers and the leaders at briefing, to entering the village, our first kava session, hop-hop, watching our village team rugby match, all the laughs and cries and songs and dances — precious moments that I’ll never forget.

Couldn’t recommend this enough — throw yourself fully in the project since day 1 and you’ll end up with friendships that will last for a lifetime and a family on the other side of the world!

Pros
  • Unique opportunity to do something impactful and valuable in a place like Fiji
  • Met wonderful people
  • Learned about the Fijian culture in a unique way
Cons
  • The R&R should have been managed better
Becky

The best summer of my life

In one word….wow!!! I can not recommend this programme highly enough the skills you develop the memories you make and most importantly the friendships and sense of community is something you will never experience else where. I now can say I have a family on the other side of the world and the impact they had on me I could never have imagined. The amount of new experiences you try and the fact of being able to fully immerse yourself into a completely new and different culture is what makes think pacific so unique. The friendships and memories will last a life time.

Pros
  • Friendship
  • Personal development
  • Understanding of a new culture
Cons
  • The fact I now want to move to Fiji because I had such an amazing time
Hannah

Youth empowerment project

I did the youth empowerment trip in summer 2022 and it was so worth every penny! There was so much opportunity for personal development and we could really see the impact we had made leaving the village. My family were so welcoming and you could tell how excited they were for us to be there. If you’re looking for a great experience to gain some cultural IQ and work towards National sustainability goals, this is for you! I learnt so much about myself and made friends for life thanks to Think Pacific ❤️

Pros
  • Work/volunteer experience
  • Travel
  • Learn about different cultures
Cons
  • Mosquitos
  • Challenging (but worth it)
Katie

One month in rural Fiji

I joined a one month expedition to Fiji straight after leaving school. The experience was challenging, exciting and rewarding. I am so so glad I went. A huge adventure that will allow you to really get beneath the culture of Fiji in a sustainable and responsible way. The pre departure team was amazing and provided helpful and in depth detail that really lets you prepare fully for the experience. Once you get out there your whole project will be guided by the team leaders who have previously volunteered and so know all the highs and lows of village life. The only frustrating thing is that you do only see a small part of Fiji - your village - so I would recommend leaving some time before your flight back to explore some of Fiji’s beautiful coast.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Getting on the flight by myself. Everything after that was so much fun!
Cara

If you have the chance, GO

This was genuinely one of the best experiences I’ll ever have! It’s so different from anything you’ll ever experience in the UK, seeing the impact you make on even one child makes it all worth it. It is hard and not for everyone but if you power through the rough times the outcome is always worth it. You 100% get out what you put in. We were in the highlands and it was different to the videos but still amazing. Just being a part of a community where everyone is so welcoming and warm makes you feel so at home from day one. If you like your privacy you might struggle more than some because it’s rare to get a minute alone. The kids are amazing and seeing the change in a child’s behaviour towards you from beginning to end is so lovely, especially with the shy kids who might not even speak to you on your first day but by the finally week they’re running into your arms is amazing in itself. Overall this experience is tough but it is so rewarding and worth every penny.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
When you have your hard moments really just push through and make every second worth it. Also purify your water and bring a bottle with a filter
Andoni

FIJI 2019 JUNE 26th&JULY 24th

I would like to thank Think Pacific for the best experience of my life. Living in Namuka village for one month, staying with a wonderful family that I can now call my own and working at the local school alongside an amazing team have given me memories that I will never forget. This experience has been a true privilege. From being welcomed to the village on the first day and experiencing Fijian culture in depth to working with kids at the local school in maths, English, sports and other extracurricular activities. From having dinner with my family and going from house to house to drink tea to jumping in the river with friends from the village and watching the night sky in awe. Even more, it has been in Fiji where I have discovered that my passion is working with children. I can only encourage everyone to take part in this rewarding life-changing experience. I can't wait for my next time in Fiji!

As with any other experience, there are going to be challenges! Always stay motivated, be energetic and patient, especially working with kids. The final satisfaction and rewarding feeling are invaluable, and you will remember them for the rest of your life.
Grace

Amazing!

I did a two month project in January and truly had the most incredible time, the people I spent my time there with made it such a memorable experience. What I loved is not only how impactful it has been on my life but also the difference you make in the villages! I really feel as though I have a whole family and village on the other side of the world who made me feel so immensely welcome and loved which was made better with the knowledge that what I was doing was helping them and that ThinkPacific were involved in maintaining these changes through their work with the government. I was in a house with three other girls and the four of us became incredibly close to our Fijian brother and sister and to our grandma. The cultural difference took some getting used to but everything was so simple and joyful! Can’t recommend this experience enough and can’t wait to go back to the village to see my Fijian family again!

Embrace every moment with the families, their kindness, joy and laughter, Fijian people are truly so lovely and their attitude to life was awe-inspiring. Embrace the food and the little traditions, getting involved in grog and mealtimes really makes the time even better!
Jason

Unbelievable opportunity

This voluntary opportunity offers so much variety and enjoyment for many people from different backgrounds of interest, such as drama, sports and music. Whilst being located in remote and difficult conditions at no point do you feel unsafe or alone, in-fact you feel a sense of belonging and unity with your new Think Pacific family and your new Fijian family. These new connections with my Fijian family are still strong due to Facebook and I speak to them at least every other day. Also, the friends I've made with Think Pacific volunteers have become friends for life. Therefore, what I have personally gained from this organisation is more than experiences of a life time and memories to treasure. This is an incredible organisation, which has star dust all over it! If you want a challenge and to do some different, do this!!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Having chicken feet curry was a first. I hadn't has that one before at home!